Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert 20:32 - Oct 25 with 6604 viewsCaptMickMills

Possibly most disillusioned I have been in 50 years of supporting Town.

If appointed Hurst should have given him more time. But back to has beens off managerial merry go round.

How uninspiring and unimaginative. Can't get any enthusiasm about Lambert. What has he done since Nirwich? Got Stoke relegated?

If going for 'experienced' manager then Warburton would be best option for me.

How about Burley working with Hogg and Nash?
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:36 - Oct 25 with 4769 viewsFixed_It

Check your facts if you are going to moan. Lambert didn't 'get Stoke relegated'.
If we are to believe what we hear, results were not the only issue with Hurst's tenure. He had to go.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:37 - Oct 25 with 4751 viewsreusersfreekicks

Sigh......
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:37 - Oct 25 with 4751 viewsBobby_Petta

Agree, thought Hurst should have had until xmas. Evan's needs to go, club going no where, sell the best players and not given the manager all the funds. Who takes it on got a massive job working under these conditions
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:38 - Oct 25 with 4730 viewsWD19

Cheer up. You don't actually have to adopt Mick Mills personality as well as his name.
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:39 - Oct 25 with 4712 viewsbrogansnose

No way should Hurst have been given another second. In his short tenure he has wreaked havoc and set us on course for Div 3.
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:40 - Oct 25 with 4714 viewsSuperblue95

I'm one of the rare few that thinks Hurst should have got more time.

I also think Lambert is a relatively poor replacement.

But what is moaning going to do? It's time to get behind the team/manager and just hope and pray that we are still playing in this league next season

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:47 - Oct 25 with 4660 viewsTampaBayBlue

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:37 - Oct 25 by Bobby_Petta

Agree, thought Hurst should have had until xmas. Evan's needs to go, club going no where, sell the best players and not given the manager all the funds. Who takes it on got a massive job working under these conditions

I am no Evans apologist but didn't he give Hurst the vast majority of the 6-7m received up front from Webster, Garner and Waghorn ? Don't the Webster and Waghorn fees have a number of large clauses built in, that might not ever be activated and thus not paid out upon ? I think our raid of the lower leagues totaled around 6m. Seems most of the incoming cash was made available.
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:49 - Oct 25 with 4638 viewsjeera

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:37 - Oct 25 by Bobby_Petta

It was clear weeks ago that Hurst was a mistake, so why on earth anyone would want him to have even more time to inflict further damage makes no sense at all.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:50 - Oct 25 with 4634 viewsbackwaywhen

He was hung out to dry at Stoke ...they were certs to go down that season !.
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:50 - Oct 25 with 4634 viewsPJH

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:40 - Oct 25 by Superblue95

But what is moaning going to do? It's time to get behind the team/manager and just hope and pray that we are still playing in this league next season

I think your first and last sentences are contradictions.

"Hurst should have had more time"

"still playing in this league next season"

If we had had the first one I doubt if we would have had the second one.
I know that sacking him has not guaranteed staying up but I think it has given us a far greater chance.
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:50 - Oct 25 with 4629 viewsFtnfwest

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:40 - Oct 25 by Superblue95

Things just seemed to be getting much worse by the week rather than better. I thought after the first 4 or 5 games there was a certain amount of promise but really since then it’s been the ‘miracle of Swansea’ and nothing else. If we’d got a performance and result against qpr he’d have probably got the run through to the next international break but that would have been it if we hadn’t picked up a win or two by then
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:54 - Oct 25 with 4588 viewstrev1991

Its a fair point from the OP. Pre season Hursts stock was much higher than Lamberts.

Lambert has only ever had some sort of success when paired with a top goalscorer of some sorts. We dont have that.

He wont play defensively but Evans wanted an attractive way of playing. Well Lamberts preferres method is long balls into the channels and go from there..
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:55 - Oct 25 with 4572 viewsstrikalite

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:49 - Oct 25 by jeera

It was clear weeks ago that Hurst was a mistake, so why on earth anyone would want him to have even more time to inflict further damage makes no sense at all.

it's a results business foremost, one win in 14 ....nobody can survive that, in fact he's had three more games more than I'd have given him..
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:56 - Oct 25 with 4568 viewsSuperblue95

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:50 - Oct 25 by PJH

I think your first and last sentences are contradictions.

"Hurst should have had more time"

"still playing in this league next season"

If we had had the first one I doubt if we would have had the second one.
I know that sacking him has not guaranteed staying up but I think it has given us a far greater chance.

I know sacking him has not guaranteed us staying up but it could also have been argued that it wasn't certain we would have gone down with him in charge.

Although I think I'd be fighting a losing battle if I try to make that argument on here and in any case we will never know now anyway.

Hes gone and it's time to move on. Hopefully to better things

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:59 - Oct 25 with 4513 viewsjeera

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:54 - Oct 25 by trev1991

Its a fair point from the OP. Pre season Hursts stock was much higher than Lamberts.

Lambert has only ever had some sort of success when paired with a top goalscorer of some sorts. We dont have that.

He wont play defensively but Evans wanted an attractive way of playing. Well Lamberts preferres method is long balls into the channels and go from there..

Why do you persist?

You outed yourself as a budgie.

What's the point?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 21:04 - Oct 25 with 4478 viewsjimmyvet

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:54 - Oct 25 by trev1991

Bored with cleaning the glass in your empty trophy cabinet i see
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 21:13 - Oct 25 with 4423 viewsBobby_Petta

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:47 - Oct 25 by TampaBayBlue

I am no Evans apologist but didn't he give Hurst the vast majority of the 6-7m received up front from Webster, Garner and Waghorn ? Don't the Webster and Waghorn fees have a number of large clauses built in, that might not ever be activated and thus not paid out upon ? I think our raid of the lower leagues totaled around 6m. Seems most of the incoming cash was made available.

No I don't believe all the money was spend got in 9m in spend about 5 million. The point is Evan's shouldn't have let waghorn go, there is no ambition. What do people expect, you sell 3 of your best championship players, try and get cheap replacements in. Yes Hurst is partly to blame, now we are going back to an old season manager, that's out of work. Evan's should either invest and get someone to run the club with football knowledge or sell up. Yes important to get behind Lambert and I hope he does well but it's going to be difficult without any leadership and any proper investment from the owner.
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 21:35 - Oct 25 with 4355 viewsCurrie10

I assume you like relegation? He had to go, and go he has.
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 21:37 - Oct 25 with 4337 viewsChe

Didn't Burley get us relegated?
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 21:39 - Oct 25 with 4316 viewsTampaBayBlue

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 21:13 - Oct 25 by Bobby_Petta

No I don't believe all the money was spend got in 9m in spend about 5 million. The point is Evan's shouldn't have let waghorn go, there is no ambition. What do people expect, you sell 3 of your best championship players, try and get cheap replacements in. Yes Hurst is partly to blame, now we are going back to an old season manager, that's out of work. Evan's should either invest and get someone to run the club with football knowledge or sell up. Yes important to get behind Lambert and I hope he does well but it's going to be difficult without any leadership and any proper investment from the owner.

Waghorn is widely reported to have wanted to leave. Who can blame him ? I dare say he doubled or tripled his salary at Derby; a team with a much better chance of promotion than us.

And I think Evans would sell up if he could but the club has very little in the way of assets and a near 90m debt. Evans is going to have to take a huge hit on that investment, which he might be prepared to do given what it costs each year to simply keep the club afloat.

Spot on regarding getting behind Lambert and the very difficult task he now faces.
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 21:39 - Oct 25 with 4314 viewsMullet

Seems like it's been a quick decline for yourself then

MM least liked Ipswich manager ever? by CaptMickMills 17 Mar 2018 14:30
Bit much to say MM is worst ever manager but is he the least liked manager ever?

I saw my first Ipswich game in 1969 and I have never wanted a manager to leave as much as I want MM to leave. John Duncan, Jewel and Keane clearly worse managers but I didn't want them to leave as much as I want MM to leave.

He seems to think he is bigger than the club and it is all about Mick McCarthy. Reduction in crowds alone must make him staying as impossible surely. Fans voting with their feet. No goals in five home games must seal it surely!

I don't object greatly to ME five point plan but MM totally wrong manager to implement it. Only plays young players when he has to and as for attractive football ???

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 21:49 - Oct 25 with 4248 viewsBobby_Petta

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 21:35 - Oct 25 by Currie10

I assume you like relegation? He had to go, and go he has.

I think it is going to happen, hope I am wrong but last season 19th lowest wage bill. Money talks I am afraid, can't keep selling your best players and expect getting cheaper replacements is going to get you anywhere. If we do manager to say up, then it will continue to get harder each season unless owner invests more. All I am saying is he should have been given bit more time. Club is a shambles, Evan's is to blame.
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 22:02 - Oct 25 with 4160 viewsCaptMickMills

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 20:59 - Oct 25 by jeera

Why do you persist?

You outed yourself as a budgie.

What's the point?

Ha ha. That's a first. Never been accused of being a budgie before

Probably spoilt watching Beattie, Hunter, Viljoen, Woods, etc. etc.
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 22:04 - Oct 25 with 4139 viewsPJH

Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 22:02 - Oct 25 by CaptMickMills

Ha ha. That's a first. Never been accused of being a budgie before

Probably spoilt watching Beattie, Hunter, Viljoen, Woods, etc. etc.

You weren't then either-Jeera was meaning that trev1991 that he replied to.
Prefer Hurst to have stayed rather than rather than Lambert on 22:07 - Oct 25 with 4108 viewsSuperfrans

What if Warburton didn’t want the job? He’s the first choice of a lot on here, but his name hasn’t been mentioned. There must be a reason. Perhaps he’s otherwise occupied, or doesn’t fancy what he thinks is a poisoned chalice.

Right now, with a totally refurbished squad of players unproven in the Championship, rock bottom of the division and devoid of confidence, we are not an appealing prospect,

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024