Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans Out (n/t) 17:16 - Oct 27 with 5617 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Evans Out (n/t) on 17:21 - Oct 27 with 3845 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The '6m a year' brigade will keep knocking you.
Evans Out (n/t) on 17:25 - Oct 27 with 3816 viewsJ2BLUE

He would probably love to get out if he got a reasonable offer. Can't imagine he's enjoying owning Town.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Evans Out (n/t) on 17:29 - Oct 27 with 3807 viewsFixed_It

Evans Out (n/t) on 17:21 - Oct 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

The '6m a year' brigade will keep knocking you.

I hear he is open to offers - but as yet none forthcoming. Unsuprisingly. Without him we would be folding as things stand. Try to remember that.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 17:31]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Evans Out (n/t) on 17:37 - Oct 27 with 3755 viewsstantheman

Yeah, he should just walk away. Perhaps you could put together a syndicate to buy him out. I enclose my £5 (deferred until you let me know when the first £10 million has been raised)to get you going.
Evans Out (n/t) on 17:38 - Oct 27 with 3748 viewsCoastalblue

I daresay he agrees with you.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Evans Out (n/t) on 17:38 - Oct 27 with 3741 viewsHorseboy

Here here
Evans Out (n/t) on 17:40 - Oct 27 with 3725 viewsjas0999

No one will want to buy us ... primarily because HE has run us into the ground.
Evans Out (n/t) on 17:44 - Oct 27 with 3707 viewsRegencyBlue

Evans Out (n/t) on 17:29 - Oct 27 by Fixed_It

I hear he is open to offers - but as yet none forthcoming. Unsuprisingly. Without him we would be folding as things stand. Try to remember that.

So what you’re saying is we are not allowed to criticise Evans in any way?
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 17:45]
Login to get fewer ads

Evans Out (n/t) on 17:49 - Oct 27 with 3679 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Evans Out (n/t) on 17:44 - Oct 27 by RegencyBlue

So what you’re saying is we are not allowed to criticise Evans in any way?
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 17:45]

How DARE you criticise Evans, he puts in 6m of his OWN money. His kids are starving because he saves us every single season out of the goodness of his heart.

If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't be competitive and we wouldn't be able to strengthen, because we'd have to sell players before we could buy players. Now say sorry.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Evans Out (n/t) on 17:51 - Oct 27 with 3655 viewsnoggin

That wouldn't help our immediate situation though would it? Who else would invest in such a mess?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Evans Out (n/t) on 17:57 - Oct 27 with 3631 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Evans Out (n/t) on 17:51 - Oct 27 by noggin

That wouldn't help our immediate situation though would it? Who else would invest in such a mess?

No, it wouldn't. But if Evans was actually looking to get out then you'd imagine he's be looking to make the club an attractive proposition. Not continually running it down with cost cutting.

Long term, we'll never succeed under Evans, his lengthening list of poor choices for manager illustrates that perfectly and the one who probably could of got us up (McCarthy in our play off season), was never fully backed financially.

Worse is when we had a real chance of going up via the playoffs or automatically, even then Evans tried to do it on the cheep and didn't invest in January, but the time we got to the play offs the players were knackered in a small squad over 50 odd games and the wheels fell off.

Evans is the root cause. End of.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Evans Out (n/t) on 18:06 - Oct 27 with 3595 viewspeterleeblue

Ellis Short at Sunderland ended up doing the decent thing. He recognised the club was an asset of community value, sold up and stepped aside clearing the debt as he left.
Sunderland have now hit the reset button in league 1 and already look set to return to the championship.

On the other hand Ashley at Newcastle continues to hang on in there and continue to antagonise the Geordie faithful.

Can Football be run Cobbold style anymore?
Evans Out (n/t) on 18:15 - Oct 27 with 3573 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Of course. Some kind of defence for him from some. As always.

When I was slating him a few years ago for lack of investment some people said that he couldn't spend money to bolster the team because of ... FFP

If we are in League One next season he'll be signing Southend and Gillingham rejects for us yet ... some will keep defending him. Moreover we'll get another 'interview' from him and '6m a year' brigade will be happy.

He can shake his hand with Karl Oyston. Both utter pests.

FFP no longer mentioned as a kind of defence for 'good' Marcus. Wonder why.
Evans Out (n/t) on 18:58 - Oct 27 with 3479 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Evans Out (n/t) on 18:15 - Oct 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

When I was slating him a few years ago for lack of investment some people said that he couldn't spend money to bolster the team because of ... FFP

If we are in League One next season he'll be signing Southend and Gillingham rejects for us yet ... some will keep defending him. Moreover we'll get another 'interview' from him and '6m a year' brigade will be happy.

You know me Mach - I’ve been Evans out for nearly three years now.

He’s absoluteky destroyed this club and it’s a disgrace that Mick got so much flak whilst Evans got off Scot free.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Evans Out (n/t) on 19:06 - Oct 27 with 3449 viewsCoastalblue

I'd love for Evans to sell to a wealthy, interested investor and I'm sure Evans would love that too but it's not just going to happen because we all want it.

If we start jumping all over him so he just wants to offload to the first person to make an offer we could end up in a far, far bigger mess and potentially gone forever.

I have no idea what Evans personal wealth is or what ME Group makes in terms of profits, so therefore don't know how much more he has to invest. Some people seem to thinkhe has a personal bank balance of £700M.

I hope, truly hope he finds someone worthwhile to sell to in the next year or so but new owners are a very dangerous game.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Evans Out (n/t) on 19:08 - Oct 27 with 3440 viewsbluejacko

Trouble is exactly what are the assets on offer?
We don’t own our ground so that leaves the ‘players’ and the training ground I believe,hardly enticing is it?
Evans Out (n/t) on 19:10 - Oct 27 with 3431 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Evans Out (n/t) on 18:58 - Oct 27 by The_Romford_Blue

You know me Mach - I’ve been Evans out for nearly three years now.

He’s absoluteky destroyed this club and it’s a disgrace that Mick got so much flak whilst Evans got off Scot free.

I've been slating him for years. It particularly 'increased' after January 2015 and following summer when we haven't re-invested Mings' money.

Got slated and ridiculed by some on here as according to them FFP was the block for us to spend money. Moreover I was a member of 'TWTD Derby fan-club'.

Evans can shake his hand with Karl Oyston. Horrible people who use their clubs for their own interests.

Rommy but let's wait for another 'interview' from Evans to keep some happy, an 'interview' in which he will be yapping about 5 points plan.
Evans Out (n/t) on 19:11 - Oct 27 with 3429 viewssundaze

I'm no Evans fan, but it's wrong to compare him with Oyston. Do some research, find out exactly what Oyston has been doing at Blackpool. Evans may be a pest, but Oyston is a monster.
Evans Out (n/t) on 19:15 - Oct 27 with 3416 viewsm14_blue

Evans Out (n/t) on 19:11 - Oct 27 by sundaze

I'm no Evans fan, but it's wrong to compare him with Oyston. Do some research, find out exactly what Oyston has been doing at Blackpool. Evans may be a pest, but Oyston is a monster.

He's nothing like Oyston and he's not destroying the club. People should talk to Blackpool or Coventry fans before they talk such nonsense.

We're not very good but the melodrama on here is ridiculous.

Think I'm going to leave it for a bit and come back when Lambert has us safely back in 16th.
Evans Out (n/t) on 19:36 - Oct 27 with 3374 viewsFrank_Dollop

Evans Out (n/t) on 19:06 - Oct 27 by Coastalblue

I'd love for Evans to sell to a wealthy, interested investor and I'm sure Evans would love that too but it's not just going to happen because we all want it.

If we start jumping all over him so he just wants to offload to the first person to make an offer we could end up in a far, far bigger mess and potentially gone forever.

I have no idea what Evans personal wealth is or what ME Group makes in terms of profits, so therefore don't know how much more he has to invest. Some people seem to thinkhe has a personal bank balance of £700M.

I hope, truly hope he finds someone worthwhile to sell to in the next year or so but new owners are a very dangerous game.

...nobody is actually going to offer him a cash figure for the club, because it’s worthless. And that’s the trouble, I suspect he is holding out for the “greater fool” who might just do that!
Evans Out (n/t) on 20:10 - Oct 27 with 3325 viewsFixed_It

Without him now we would be finished. Not a defence as such, just hard facts. He is certainly not blameless in our demise - but until someone buys him out we need him. These are the facts of the matter when emotion is put to one side, Mach.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Evans Out (n/t) on 20:19 - Oct 27 with 3283 viewsElderGrizzly

Evans Out (n/t) on 20:10 - Oct 27 by Fixed_It

Without him now we would be finished. Not a defence as such, just hard facts. He is certainly not blameless in our demise - but until someone buys him out we need him. These are the facts of the matter when emotion is put to one side, Mach.

Agree. I’ve defended him in the past, but the last year has seen plenty of critiscism.

As you say FI, we need him right now. We lose £6m a year before a ball is kicked. So unless we cut the wage bill by 40%, we still need him.

A new owner has to get their head around that they have to plug a £6m gap, which leaves only £7m extra on top before we breach the new FFP rules and get a 15pt deduction like Birmingham.

The way we compete more in this new world and allow a new owner to put more in, is get more fans through the door. That plugs that £6m gap and allows a new owner to put in £13m a year on players, not running costs.

And if we fall to L1, Evans hands are tied by even stronger sanctions and rules. We can then spend only 60% of our income on wages. In context we spend over 100% of our income now on wages.

So if relegated, our income will drop. Which will mean our wage budget will drop even more. Wages now around £17m. In L1, it will probably be £8m and no owner can add to it even if they wanted to.

Basically we’re screwed if we go down and it is in no way in Evans interest to do so.

The club is for sale for around £25m. Debts paid off for that too. But as descibed above, why would anyone buy us in our current state?
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 20:20]
Evans Out (n/t) on 20:27 - Oct 27 with 3225 viewstextbackup

Evans Out (n/t) on 20:19 - Oct 27 by ElderGrizzly

Agree. I’ve defended him in the past, but the last year has seen plenty of critiscism.

As you say FI, we need him right now. We lose £6m a year before a ball is kicked. So unless we cut the wage bill by 40%, we still need him.

A new owner has to get their head around that they have to plug a £6m gap, which leaves only £7m extra on top before we breach the new FFP rules and get a 15pt deduction like Birmingham.

The way we compete more in this new world and allow a new owner to put more in, is get more fans through the door. That plugs that £6m gap and allows a new owner to put in £13m a year on players, not running costs.

And if we fall to L1, Evans hands are tied by even stronger sanctions and rules. We can then spend only 60% of our income on wages. In context we spend over 100% of our income now on wages.

So if relegated, our income will drop. Which will mean our wage budget will drop even more. Wages now around £17m. In L1, it will probably be £8m and no owner can add to it even if they wanted to.

Basically we’re screwed if we go down and it is in no way in Evans interest to do so.

The club is for sale for around £25m. Debts paid off for that too. But as descibed above, why would anyone buy us in our current state?
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 20:20]

excuse my stupidness, but by the players going that have, and being replaced by the ones we did, wouldn't the wage bill have gone down a fair wack?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Evans Out (n/t) on 20:35 - Oct 27 with 3176 viewsElderGrizzly

Evans Out (n/t) on 20:27 - Oct 27 by textbackup

excuse my stupidness, but by the players going that have, and being replaced by the ones we did, wouldn't the wage bill have gone down a fair wack?

I’m going on last reported wages which were £17m. We’ve added a fair few players, plus all their agent fees, compensation for Hurst will be added in there this season.

Even if it was £15m now, our income is probably lower. So we’re still going to be losing many millions before a ball is kicked or a transfer made
Evans Out (n/t) on 20:36 - Oct 27 with 3162 viewstextbackup

Evans Out (n/t) on 20:35 - Oct 27 by ElderGrizzly

I’m going on last reported wages which were £17m. We’ve added a fair few players, plus all their agent fees, compensation for Hurst will be added in there this season.

Even if it was £15m now, our income is probably lower. So we’re still going to be losing many millions before a ball is kicked or a transfer made

actually add to that Lambert will be on more than PH

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024