Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Lambert was appointed... 20:35 - Dec 29 with 4864 viewsitfcjoe

...I said if we could stay in touch and be 5-6 points away from safety then I'd be happy enough when the window opened

Well, here we are - a win at home to Millwall will likely see us in that position when the window opens.

No-one said it will be easy, but very little margin from error from here on in - recruitment needs to be decisive and Lambert needs to get it spot on.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

When Lambert was appointed... on 20:42 - Dec 29 with 4310 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree. That was the general consensus but lots of people seem to have thrown the towel in just before two huge home games.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

When Lambert was appointed... on 20:46 - Dec 29 with 4278 viewsFreddies_Ears

When Lambert was appointed... on 20:42 - Dec 29 by J2BLUE

Agree. That was the general consensus but lots of people seem to have thrown the towel in just before two huge home games.

Agree 100pct. These next two home games are massive. Lose and it's going to be near-impossible to stay up; win, and we'd be confident of surviving.
When Lambert was appointed... on 20:50 - Dec 29 with 4260 viewsRegencyBlue

And Evans needs to fund the recruitment which is where I suspect the problems will arise.

I just don’t see him doing it to the level we realistically need . Hopefully I’m wrong but .....!
When Lambert was appointed... on 20:52 - Dec 29 with 4232 viewsgroovyASH

Play off form needed from January to May to stand a chance.

I just do no see it happening, there is no momentum or hope in the mindset of the supporters or the playing staff.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

When Lambert was appointed... on 20:54 - Dec 29 with 4211 viewstextbackup

I've all but given up, we need too many things to work in our favour,

- good transfers
- them too all gel
- 3/4 other teams to be worse than we are
- and ultimately us to win a shtload of games

I just don't see it all happening. Be over the moon if it does, but it's a fking huge ask

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

When Lambert was appointed... on 20:55 - Dec 29 with 4188 viewsKeaneish

That's weird. I posted exactly the same thing not an hour ago and you get 7 uppies to my 0. Must send more Christmas cards out.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

When Lambert was appointed... on 20:57 - Dec 29 with 4172 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

When Lambert was appointed... on 20:54 - Dec 29 by textbackup

- good transfers
- them too all gel

I just don't see it all happening. Be over the moon if it does, but it's a fking huge ask

Point 3 may just be the one saving grace - results have been f*cking awful still since Lambert came in and yet we remain just about in touch due to how bad some of the other sides have been

It really could be a record low points total to stay up, but I still don’t fancy us to get it. As you say, too much needs to go absolutely perfectly, unfortunately

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

When Lambert was appointed... on 20:58 - Dec 29 with 4163 viewsitfcjoe

When Lambert was appointed... on 20:46 - Dec 29 by Freddies_Ears

Agree 100pct. These next two home games are massive. Lose and it's going to be near-impossible to stay up; win, and we'd be confident of surviving.

After the 2 home games most fans were positive; now we get the expected zero points from 2 tough away games and there is a queue of jumpers at the Orwell Bridge.

Those games are absolutely massive, it feels like we need to win them both......no doubt we will do just enough to give us a bit of hope but not enough to actually get back in the fight!

Login to get fewer ads

When Lambert was appointed... on 20:59 - Dec 29 with 4144 viewstextbackup

When Lambert was appointed... on 20:55 - Dec 29 by Keaneish

That's weird. I posted exactly the same thing not an hour ago and you get 7 uppies to my 0. Must send more Christmas cards out.

Yeah but if you've ever moaned about MM you are now the devil because everyone wanted him to stay, apparently.

When Lambert was appointed... on 21:02 - Dec 29 with 4110 viewsSwansea_Blue

“A win at home to Milwall”.

I think I’ve found the flaw in your master plan

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

When Lambert was appointed... on 21:04 - Dec 29 with 4096 viewschristiand

It’s not throwing in the towel, it’s the barefaced reality of the situation. Of course we’ll support the club, but there has to be a sense of realism to this perilous situation. To expect us to suddenly turn form on it’s head is an incredible ask and something we have yet to see any evidence of from the players. Each game seems to be getting bigger, ‘the resurgence starts here,’ that match comes and goes with a whimper. It’s not just this season though, how many games have we won in total throughout 2018? There’s too many factors that indicate we are relegation certainties (lack of goals scored, goals conceded, a horrendous GD, underwhelming points total, large number of defeats - the list goes on) for me to define logic, but I’ll still be supporting the side when the inevitable arrives.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

That’s more like it Joe on 21:05 - Dec 29 with 4098 viewsunstableblue

... I’m with the pundits and football experts - at least this Ipswich side are actually trying to play football

Just a few better players... and we have a small chance

Need the fans backing though

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

That’s more like it Joe on 21:12 - Dec 29 with 4032 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

That’s more like it Joe on 21:05 - Dec 29 by unstableblue

... I’m with the pundits and football experts - at least this Ipswich side are actually trying to play football

Astonishing that you’re still making out like things are better this season

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

When Lambert was appointed... on 21:14 - Dec 29 with 4016 viewsitfcjoe

- good transfers
- them too all gel

It's a massive ask, I am not really confident - but there are some dreadful teams down there/

One thing that has been positive is that the fans have been very good home and away, that needs to continue. Just desperate to win on NYD and get a couple of quality signings in before the Rotherham game.

Going to be so difficult, but we still have a hope - just

When Lambert was appointed... on 21:21 - Dec 29 with 3965 viewsJ2BLUE

- good transfers
- them too all gel

Bullsh1t, you will be the last one to give up. Nothing wrong with acknowledging reality but I don't believe you'll ever give up until it's mathematically impossible.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

When Lambert was appointed... on 21:22 - Dec 29 with 3965 viewsjas0999

When Lambert was appointed... on 20:50 - Dec 29 by RegencyBlue

And Evans needs to fund the recruitment which is where I suspect the problems will arise.

I just don’t see him doing it to the level we realistically need . Hopefully I’m wrong but .....!

Agree.
When Lambert was appointed... on 21:36 - Dec 29 with 3877 viewsBent_double

When Lambert was appointed... on 20:58 - Dec 29 by itfcjoe

After the 2 home games most fans were positive; now we get the expected zero points from 2 tough away games and there is a queue of jumpers at the Orwell Bridge.

Those games are absolutely massive, it feels like we need to win them both......no doubt we will do just enough to give us a bit of hope but not enough to actually get back in the fight!

I think it's a combination of the 3-0 and 2-0 defeats, hardly a decent goal-scoring chance in either game, plus other teams picking up draws or wins in the last week.

We've managed 6 wins in 48 games this year, we now need possibly at least 10 wins in the next 21...ain't gonna happen is it?

All we can do is hope that 3 of Reading, Wigan, Bolton, Rotherham collapse completely between now and the end of the season to give us a chance.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

When Lambert was appointed... on 21:39 - Dec 29 with 3870 viewsTrequartista

If wonder that if Evans had known that after 10 games, Lambert would have a lower points per game ratio than Hurst, would he have still appointed him?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

When Lambert was appointed... on 21:54 - Dec 29 with 3806 viewsTractorWood

When Lambert was appointed... on 21:39 - Dec 29 by Trequartista

If wonder that if Evans had known that after 10 games, Lambert would have a lower points per game ratio than Hurst, would he have still appointed him?

I'm trying to be objective. I've seen little tangible improvement in performances under Lambert. Results are basically the same. The club presents itself as more together and settled but frankly that's a bit meaningless.

Joe's right in that the next two league games are really key in deciding our fate. The window is very difficult given our position and financial strategy.

What I'm clumsily trying to say is that I've seen no evidence to suggest we are good enough or have a strategy to avoid relegation.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

That’s more like it Joe on 21:56 - Dec 29 with 3785 viewsKieran_Knows

That’s more like it Joe on 21:05 - Dec 29 by unstableblue

Need the fans backing though?

What on earth else have we been doing since PL walked through the door?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

When Lambert was appointed... on 22:04 - Dec 29 with 3729 viewsTrequartista

When Lambert was appointed... on 21:54 - Dec 29 by TractorWood

I'm trying to be objective. I've seen little tangible improvement in performances under Lambert. Results are basically the same. The club presents itself as more together and settled but frankly that's a bit meaningless.

Joe's right in that the next two league games are really key in deciding our fate. The window is very difficult given our position and financial strategy.

What I'm clumsily trying to say is that I've seen no evidence to suggest we are good enough or have a strategy to avoid relegation.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a comparison that says who has done best because obviously Lambert hasn't had a window yet, i'm just wondering if Evans was expecting more than 6 points from 10 games for a new manager bounce when he sacked Hurst? Was he expecting Bart, Spence, Knudsen etc to go back to last season's form under Lambert?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

When Lambert was appointed... on 22:06 - Dec 29 with 3694 viewstextbackup

When Lambert was appointed... on 21:21 - Dec 29 by J2BLUE

Bullsh1t, you will be the last one to give up. Nothing wrong with acknowledging reality but I don't believe you'll ever give up until it's mathematically impossible.

You scallywag!
What I say and do are two very different things! This club is ruining my life

When Lambert was appointed... on 22:09 - Dec 29 with 3662 viewsLankHenners

When Lambert was appointed... on 21:14 - Dec 29 by itfcjoe

It's a massive ask, I am not really confident - but there are some dreadful teams down there/

One thing that has been positive is that the fans have been very good home and away, that needs to continue. Just desperate to win on NYD and get a couple of quality signings in before the Rotherham game.

Going to be so difficult, but we still have a hope - just

You look at the face of it and see that we’re not *that* far off and with a run of scent results we can get ourselves to safety if we bring the right players in.

Then you watch us play and the optimism quickly fades away.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

When Lambert was appointed... on 22:10 - Dec 29 with 3660 viewsTractorWood

When Lambert was appointed... on 22:04 - Dec 29 by Trequartista

Don't get me wrong, it's not a comparison that says who has done best because obviously Lambert hasn't had a window yet, i'm just wondering if Evans was expecting more than 6 points from 10 games for a new manager bounce when he sacked Hurst? Was he expecting Bart, Spence, Knudsen etc to go back to last season's form under Lambert?

It's an interesting question. Arguably sacking Hurst had little risk as we were bottom and looked woeful. What's clear to me is that if Evans would have kept him and Hurst achieved exactly the same results and performances as Lambert has to date, people who be demanding Evans to put him out of his misery.

Hypothetical nonsense I agree but it's basically taken a sacking to release our squad is dross without a 15/20 goal striker, amazing loanee or a keeper who gets you out of jail 3 times a game.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

When Lambert was appointed... on 22:30 - Dec 29 with 3558 viewsTheBoyBlue

Everyone says we need promotion form, but not necessarily. We've won two games all season and yet we're 'only' a couple of wins behind the rest because they're not winning all that many either. We 'just' need to win a few, instead of once in a blue moon and we may achieve that with a couple of reasonable signings. It's still a tall order, but it's not a high bar we're aiming for.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024