Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cloughie knew didn't he? 18:01 - Jan 27 with 3336 viewsMullet

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 18:26 - Jan 27 with 3177 viewsGlasgowBlue

Of course the late Brian Moore then owns Clough with his answer "But you write for the Sun" (0.49) and then goes on to accuse Cloughie of having double standards. After a few uncomfortable seconds Cloughie responds with "We all have double standards"

[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 18:27]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 18:29 - Jan 27 with 3153 viewsfactual_blue

And within two years maxwell fell off a boat, coming within an ace of destroying all private pensions.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 18:51 - Jan 27 with 3018 viewsHARRY10

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 18:26 - Jan 27 by GlasgowBlue

Of course the late Brian Moore then owns Clough with his answer "But you write for the Sun" (0.49) and then goes on to accuse Cloughie of having double standards. After a few uncomfortable seconds Cloughie responds with "We all have double standards"

[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 18:27]

Have to agree with Jimmy Greaves comments at the end, and suggest Cloughie may well have had something a little stronger than tea at that interview.
Cloughie knew didn't he? on 18:58 - Jan 27 with 2971 viewsGlasgowBlue

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 18:51 - Jan 27 by HARRY10

Have to agree with Jimmy Greaves comments at the end, and suggest Cloughie may well have had something a little stronger than tea at that interview.

Yeah. Sad to see him slurring his words. Although every so often you see his eyes light up when he finds a moment of clarity. But it's short lived.

He was a wreck in his latter years but that should never take away from what a great manager he was at his peak in the 1970's

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 19:02 - Jan 27 with 2939 viewsTrequartista

The greatest manager of all time.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 19:13 - Jan 27 with 2897 viewsBlueBadger

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 19:02 - Jan 27 by Trequartista

The greatest manager of all time.

..after Sir Alf and Sir Bobby.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 19:28 - Jan 27 with 2832 viewsTrequartista

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 19:13 - Jan 27 by BlueBadger

..after Sir Alf and Sir Bobby.

I've already been told to go and support Forest today, so i'd better concede this one.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 19:39 - Jan 27 with 2801 viewsMullet

Not defending it in anyway, but I wonder how normal it was for his generation to go on TV half cut? Given the drinking culture that lasted in the players at the time, you'd think it wasn't even questioned right?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 21:21 - Jan 27 with 2554 viewsEastTownBlue

To think of the grief the Derby supporters got for their minute's "silence" for Maxwell prior to our match at the Baseball Ground. Obviously that was before all the dodgy pension stuff came to light. Although he had already issued a writ against Private Eye for accusing him of just that.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 21:21]
Cloughie knew didn't he? on 22:08 - Jan 27 with 2435 viewsPlums

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 21:21 - Jan 27 by EastTownBlue

To think of the grief the Derby supporters got for their minute's "silence" for Maxwell prior to our match at the Baseball Ground. Obviously that was before all the dodgy pension stuff came to light. Although he had already issued a writ against Private Eye for accusing him of just that.

I arrived late for that game and asked a copper what was going on. He said ‘this is supposed to be a minutes silence’. I’ve never heard anything like it.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 22:27 - Jan 27 with 2387 viewsMelford

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 18:29 - Jan 27 by factual_blue

And within two years maxwell fell off a boat, coming within an ace of destroying all private pensions.

I remember we played Derby not long after he'd died.It was the game Eddie Youds got crocked. The minute's silence for Maxwell was the loudest minute's silence I've ever heard.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 07:53 - Jan 28 with 2123 viewsChondzoresk

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 18:29 - Jan 27 by factual_blue

He single handedly destroyed my late fathers and thousands of other workers pensions when he took over Ransomes and Rapier. So, yes he did destroy peoples pensions, more closer to home than you think.
Cloughie knew didn't he? on 08:50 - Jan 28 with 2052 viewsITFC_Forever

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 22:27 - Jan 27 by Melford

I remember we played Derby not long after he'd died.It was the game Eddie Youds got crocked. The minute's silence for Maxwell was the loudest minute's silence I've ever heard.

Yep, Derby scored the only goal of the game while Youds was off having treatment and before we brought our sub on.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 09:27 - Jan 28 with 1990 viewsSwansea_Blue

Looked three sheets to the wind didn't he 😂

Spoke sense though - very prophetic.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 09:30 - Jan 28 with 1978 viewsfooters

Cloughie knew didn't he? on 21:21 - Jan 27 by EastTownBlue

PE ended up having to pay out over some of those published claims. Hislop said after the trial, "I've just given a fat cheque to a fat Czech."

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024