Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ll probably get caned for this... 18:02 - Jan 28 with 2808 viewsJoHnNnY

But Bishop in for Skuse this Saturday for me. Ole Cole ain’t been his best since he came back from injury - a weak link in there too often in recent games.

Might give us a bit more forward thinking - it’s been very frustrating the amount of possession we have without looking to penetrate at times, we have a high completed pass rate looking at recent stats, but when a considerable percentage of those completed passes are between the defenders and goalie (which scares the life out of me at times) it doesn’t help us worry teams like we should be.

Discuss?

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 18:05 - Jan 28 with 2792 viewsIllinoisblue

gets my vote. Downes was good on Saturday; he can be the protector. Bishop to weave his magic in a 3-0 home win.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 18:09 - Jan 28 with 2772 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

IF fit, for me Bish is a MUST!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 18:12 - Jan 28 with 2764 viewsWhymarkmariner

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 18:05 - Jan 28 by Illinoisblue

gets my vote. Downes was good on Saturday; he can be the protector. Bishop to weave his magic in a 3-0 home win.

I watched Wednesday against Chelsea and whilst we definitely aren't a Chelsea they didn't have to get out of third gear to beat Wednesday.Let's hope all the Mamma's and Pappa's turn up and it's Wednesday, Wednesday and not Monday, Monday.
I’ll probably get caned for this... on 18:24 - Jan 28 with 2734 viewsAlexGreen

I see what you mean but I still think Skuse does enough to remain in the team, if we cut him we'd have a midfield three of Chalobah, Bishop and Downes, which just doesn't have enough experience for me.

I'd go with Skuse holding, Downes harrying and Bishop creating, with Judge, Sears and Quaner/Keane ahead of them.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 18:26 - Jan 28 with 2726 viewsPecker

Anything that makes us more of a threat gets my vote.
I’ll probably get caned for this... on 18:30 - Jan 28 with 2709 viewsKieran_Knows

I would probably drop Chalobah to get Bishop in, but agree on the whole that a fit Bish must start.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 18:30 - Jan 28 with 2708 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Skuse has been undroppable for too long. Bishop's first instinct is to go forward, create. Skuse is the opposite, first instinct to go back or sideways, offers nothing going forward and has built a myth that he does lots of 'unseen stuff like tackling and screening the back four' Its unseen in that it rarely happens.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 18:49 - Jan 28 with 2669 viewsblueislander

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 18:30 - Jan 28 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Skuse has been undroppable for too long. Bishop's first instinct is to go forward, create. Skuse is the opposite, first instinct to go back or sideways, offers nothing going forward and has built a myth that he does lots of 'unseen stuff like tackling and screening the back four' Its unseen in that it rarely happens.

Herbivore and Mullet will post shortly that you don’t understand football. Midfield for me would be Downes, Chalobah and Bishop. Both Downes and Chalobah have sufficient defensive qualities whilst offering much more energy and forward thinking.
Login to get fewer ads

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 18:57 - Jan 28 with 2639 viewsmo_itfc

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 18:30 - Jan 28 by Kieran_Knows

I would probably drop Chalobah to get Bishop in, but agree on the whole that a fit Bish must start.

100% On this.
Bishop needs some games to get going.

Skuse does a decent job.

Chalobah, I don't really get what all the fuss is about him. I think he's overrated.

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 19:15 - Jan 28 with 2592 viewsPinewoodblue

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 18:57 - Jan 28 by mo_itfc

100% On this.

Skuse does a decent job.

Chalobah, I don't really get what all the fuss is about him. I think he's overrated.

Only seen the highlights of today's game and shot from the touch line with no height. Guess the guy with the camera didn't want to stand on a step ladder. Bishop wasn't playing in the Skuse roll, not clear but think Nydam or Dozzell played in the 'Skuse' position.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 19:18 - Jan 28 with 2578 viewsBluefish

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 18:05 - Jan 28 by Illinoisblue

Downes is not a protector and would be a waste of his game. Downes is a runner with a little bit of everything. I'm surprised hoppy hasn't caught onto the fact that he is a modern day jay tabb

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 19:18 - Jan 28 with 2573 viewsHerbivore

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 18:30 - Jan 28 by Kieran_Knows

This.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 19:20 - Jan 28 with 2572 viewsBluefish

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 19:18 - Jan 28 by Herbivore

This.

I refer you back to this

Our best team by Superblue95 27 Jan 2019 12:19
Does it really matter which of the two is better?

[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 19:23]

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 19:29 - Jan 28 with 2514 viewsPJH

I agree that Bishop should start on Saturday and also agree that Skuse is not yet playing as well as he did before his injury but in my opinion Skuse must still be a starter.
As of now and obviously assuming that they are fit I would certainly have Pennington, Chambers, Collins, Skuse, Bishop, Judge, Sears and Quaner starting on Saturday with goalkeeper left back and one midfield place open to debate.
I’ll probably get caned for this... on 19:32 - Jan 28 with 2501 viewsBluefish

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 19:29 - Jan 28 by PJH

I agree that Bishop should start on Saturday and also agree that Skuse is not yet playing as well as he did before his injury but in my opinion Skuse must still be a starter.
As of now and obviously assuming that they are fit I would certainly have Pennington, Chambers, Collins, Skuse, Bishop, Judge, Sears and Quaner starting on Saturday with goalkeeper left back and one midfield place open to debate.

Bart is our best keeper no contest and Downes is our most consistent player. Jonas is our best left back but with the current situation we should play kenlock

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 19:34 - Jan 28 with 2486 viewsBlueBadger

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 18:57 - Jan 28 by mo_itfc

100% On this.

Skuse does a decent job.

He's a young player in his first full season of professional football, playing in horribly difficult circumstances. There's definitely a player in there based on what we've seen from him in fits and starts(his display at home to Boro springs to mind) but we're not the time or place to bring him out.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 19:34 - Jan 28 with 2486 viewsMullet

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 18:49 - Jan 28 by blueislander

Herbivore and Mullet will post shortly that you don’t understand football. Midfield for me would be Downes, Chalobah and Bishop. Both Downes and Chalobah have sufficient defensive qualities whilst offering much more energy and forward thinking.

Why are you mentioning me? You proved yourself to be a snide and ignorant fool last time as well as dishonest.

You're only backing up a point neither me or Herbivore have made. If you must be so insecure at least don't compound it by proving my fictional view correct. There's one combination where you can play those 3, and given Lambert has had ample opportunity during Skuse's injury and we got worse that suggests yet another manager doesn't agree with you.

This clamour to shoehorn in more and more young and fragile players when we are desperate for solidity and experience is funny though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 19:37 - Jan 28 with 2481 viewsPJH

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 19:32 - Jan 28 by Bluefish

Bart is our best keeper no contest and Downes is our most consistent player. Jonas is our best left back but with the current situation we should play kenlock

Bart is our best goalkeeper when he plays like he did for the previous two and a half seasons but on the whole I would say that he is NOT our best goalkeeper this season-on Saturday he was a combination of the two versions of Bart and if Saturday helps him get back to what he was then yes he is our best goalkeeper no contest.
Downes probably is our most consistent midfielder so probably he would start in my team.
Knudsen is our best left back but I would be surprised if he plays even if he is still here but I think I would prefer Elder to Kenlock.
I’ll probably get caned for this... on 19:39 - Jan 28 with 2467 viewsMullet

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 19:37 - Jan 28 by PJH

Bart is our best goalkeeper when he plays like he did for the previous two and a half seasons but on the whole I would say that he is NOT our best goalkeeper this season-on Saturday he was a combination of the two versions of Bart and if Saturday helps him get back to what he was then yes he is our best goalkeeper no contest.
Downes probably is our most consistent midfielder so probably he would start in my team.
Knudsen is our best left back but I would be surprised if he plays even if he is still here but I think I would prefer Elder to Kenlock.

The fact that Downes is our most consistent says it all. Some real immaturity still to iron out.

I do wonder what might have happened had Nydam got a run here and we'd have invested in wiser acquisitions than Nolan etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 20:09 - Jan 28 with 2391 viewsbournemouthblue

It's a better balanced side with one holding midfielder and one box to box player with judge playing in front of the three

I'd go with

-----------------------------Bart

J. Em'uel Chambo Collins Kenlock

--------------------Skuse-----Bishop
--------------------------Judge

-------------Quaner---------------Sears

-------------------------Keane

Emmanuel isn't going to get in the team but I'd prefer him to Pennington

I'd prefer Downes but can't see Skuse being dropped out of the team given Lambert seems to have recruited bigger more physical players with more experience of the Championship
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 20:51]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 20:30 - Jan 28 with 2332 viewsNo9

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 18:12 - Jan 28 by Whymarkmariner

I watched Wednesday against Chelsea and whilst we definitely aren't a Chelsea they didn't have to get out of third gear to beat Wednesday.Let's hope all the Mamma's and Pappa's turn up and it's Wednesday, Wednesday and not Monday, Monday.

All Town have to do is to stop Bannan
I’ll probably get caned for this... on 20:35 - Jan 28 with 2328 viewsgordon

Bishop is the best player at the club, should definitely play, instead of any of them really.
I’ll probably get caned for this... on 20:41 - Jan 28 with 2313 viewsblueislander

I’ll probably get caned for this... on 19:34 - Jan 28 by Mullet

Why are you mentioning me? You proved yourself to be a snide and ignorant fool last time as well as dishonest.

You're only backing up a point neither me or Herbivore have made. If you must be so insecure at least don't compound it by proving my fictional view correct. There's one combination where you can play those 3, and given Lambert has had ample opportunity during Skuse's injury and we got worse that suggests yet another manager doesn't agree with you.

This clamour to shoehorn in more and more young and fragile players when we are desperate for solidity and experience is funny though.

Wow. , that is a real sense of humor failure. You may feel very secure about your superior football knowledge , but, there is no need to be abusive. There are plenty of fools and ignorant people posting on here that don’t think that Skuse should be an automatic choice. What I have posted that is dishonest.? I don’t recall posting anything other my opinions which can hardly be described as dishonest.. either you or Herbivore , and probably others have posted that those who hold contrary views to yours do not understand football. If it wasn’t you I apologize, but , I repeat, your abuse is unwarranted.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 20:57]
I’ll probably get caned for this... on 21:40 - Jan 28 with 2214 viewsKeaneish

Scoring a hat trick in the under 23s plus a brace recently pretty much says to me he's ready to start. We need him firing like he used to but maybe not for Skuse. If we're insistent in playing this formation, I'd actually be a bit controversial and try a pairing of Bishop and Judge ahead of Skuse with Sears, Quaner and Lankester (if fit in front).

I like Judge in the middle whether that be centre mid or 10. He can hurt teams from there.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024