Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 07:25 - Mar 27 with 4216 viewsallezlesbleus

I can't see this happening …………. the governments will lose a fortune in lost revenue from speeding fines.
EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 09:54 - Mar 27 with 1005 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 09:46 - Mar 27 by giant_stow

This is where you and me and aren't so far apart, brother!

Edit: vital word added!
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 9:53]

Believe me there are other areas!

Cancel that (sort of, post edit).....but no I wont sleep with you!
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 9:55]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 09:57 - Mar 27 with 1002 viewsgiant_stow

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 09:53 - Mar 27 by pickles110564

But this will save lives and heart ache for the relatives left without their loved ones.

So would a little govt guy sat in the car with you all the time, taking notes on how you were driving and where you were going. Perhaps we could extend that to stop crime too? The govt guy could just live in your house and follow you everywhere to make sure you behave.

Anyway, is there any guarantee that this work work on a practical level? Isn't there a danger that drivers would switch off to controlling a car's speed - wouldn't that be dangerous?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 9:58]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 09:58 - Mar 27 with 1000 viewsgiant_stow

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 09:54 - Mar 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Believe me there are other areas!

Cancel that (sort of, post edit).....but no I wont sleep with you!
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 9:55]

drats, foiled again.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Agree on 09:59 - Mar 27 with 998 viewsunstableblue

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 07:54 - Mar 27 by britbiker

I think the insurance companies will eventually do the same job anyway as they will eventually decline anyone who refuses to have one of their black boxes.

If we could eradicate tailgating as well then I would be happy.

Not many 18 year old drivers getting insurance without those boxes fitted.

It’s all fairly meaningless as in 15 years a large number of cars will be autonomous - and those programmes don’t let you speed anyway.

Do you watch the carwow reviews on YouTube - miles better than the Top Gear cretins. Anyway the brummy reviewer. Was raving about the new Tesla - which was supposed to be Europe standards ready, well it was US. And to cut a long story short he set the sat nav and it just drove him to his destination including automatic overtaking at 70. Mental.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:06 - Mar 27 with 982 viewsLord_Lucan

Is there a speed limit on Autobahns?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:15 - Mar 27 with 967 viewspickles110564

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 09:57 - Mar 27 by giant_stow

So would a little govt guy sat in the car with you all the time, taking notes on how you were driving and where you were going. Perhaps we could extend that to stop crime too? The govt guy could just live in your house and follow you everywhere to make sure you behave.

Anyway, is there any guarantee that this work work on a practical level? Isn't there a danger that drivers would switch off to controlling a car's speed - wouldn't that be dangerous?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 9:58]

You can set my car to keep the correct breaking distance between the car in front and to keep the speed in the zone you are in.
It was weird trusting it to brake for you when the traffic came to a stop but it works great every time i have used it.
EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:15 - Mar 27 with 967 viewsGuthrum

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:06 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

There is on at least some of them, but it's about 140mph.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:16 - Mar 27 with 965 viewspickles110564

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:06 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

No but they are all German cars that think for you to keep you safe.
Plus those roads never seem so congested as ours.
Login to get fewer ads

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:17 - Mar 27 with 965 viewsLord_Lucan

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:15 - Mar 27 by Guthrum

There is on at least some of them, but it's about 140mph.

So what happens there then?

Genuine question, I'm intrigued. Are they going to limit speed limits on cars sold per country?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:19 - Mar 27 with 962 viewsRyorry

My 1999 Landie won't go faster than 70mph downhill with the wind behind it anyway, obviously an intelligent, prescient old thing! ;)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:27 - Mar 27 with 951 viewscaught-in-limbo

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 08:39 - Mar 27 by factual_blue

The UK is adopting it anyway.

Someone on this forum told me last year that the UK's separation from the EU was made easier with the adoption of hundreds of thousands of EU laws.

It's funny how things turn out.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:27 - Mar 27 with 948 viewsMJallday

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 07:33 - Mar 27 by allezlesbleus

Limited to 155mph? That would explain all those middle lane hoggers on the motorways.

mines limited to 163mph by the gearbox, and 184mph by the tires.

and by 71mph by my wife.

i dont pay any attention to that third one though.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:30 - Mar 27 with 942 viewsBrixtonBlue

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 09:51 - Mar 27 by pickles110564

Nope it will work in the different speed zones, my merc knows when you enter or leave different speed zones.
It also knows the speed in roadwork zones.

"Look at me, I have a Merc"

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:34 - Mar 27 with 937 viewsStokieBlue

Surely it's the first step towards a fully automated road system.

Get people used to their cars telling them what to do now with regards to speed. Next restrict what roads can be used when (ie. can't drive past schools when the start/finish). From there they will say it might as well all be automated.

This is 20 years down the line though.

It's probably the only way, the most efficient system would be for all cars to be automated - they can talk to each other well before any decisions need to be made and there would be no human factor.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:39 - Mar 27 with 926 viewsMJallday

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:34 - Mar 27 by StokieBlue

Get people used to their cars telling them what to do now with regards to speed. Next restrict what roads can be used when (ie. can't drive past schools when the start/finish). From there they will say it might as well all be automated.

It's probably the only way, the most efficient system would be for all cars to be automated - they can talk to each other well before any decisions need to be made and there would be no human factor.

SB

whilst im a technologist - part of the pleasure of getting in the car, is being able to actually drive it - not put some computer in charge.

i think you're right, it could lead to a fully automated road system, but as a socialogical thing, thats a scary propect. being able to control where and when citizens can go?

no thanks.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:42 - Mar 27 with 917 viewsStokieBlue

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:39 - Mar 27 by MJallday

whilst im a technologist - part of the pleasure of getting in the car, is being able to actually drive it - not put some computer in charge.

i think you're right, it could lead to a fully automated road system, but as a socialogical thing, thats a scary propect. being able to control where and when citizens can go?

no thanks.

I agree, I didn't say I was for it but that's the endgame I think.

I can see why automated cars have some uses. For instance they would give older people who can no longer drive a lot more freedom, especially if they live in a rural location or somewhere not served by good public transport.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:46 - Mar 27 with 910 viewsGuthrum

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:17 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

So what happens there then?

Genuine question, I'm intrigued. Are they going to limit speed limits on cars sold per country?

Easy enough to use existing technology to regulate maximum speed for the actual stretch of road you're on. Many sat navs already give audible warnings if you're exceeding the local speed limit.

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:49 - Mar 27 with 903 viewsLord_Lucan

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:34 - Mar 27 by StokieBlue

SB

I'm not bothered if cars have a speed limit built in as I don't generally break the limit anyway. I suppose that my issue with your automated road system point is that I struggle to see how we can afford to implement this if we don't have the money to fill potholes in the road - and will these brainy cars be able to avoid them?

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:54 - Mar 27 with 894 viewscaught-in-limbo

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:49 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

I'm not bothered if cars have a speed limit built in as I don't generally break the limit anyway. I suppose that my issue with your automated road system point is that I struggle to see how we can afford to implement this if we don't have the money to fill potholes in the road - and will these brainy cars be able to avoid them?

Don't worry. Cash-strapped governments always find a way to finance population control, I mean technological advancement for the good of the people.

#toxic

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:55 - Mar 27 with 888 viewsGuthrum

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 09:49 - Mar 27 by giant_stow

I guess its time to start saving for a car that's fast-ish, good on fuel and will last 20 years + from 2021.

Or a horse and cart for after April 12th.

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:57 - Mar 27 with 885 viewsLord_Lucan

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:54 - Mar 27 by caught-in-limbo

Don't worry. Cash-strapped governments always find a way to finance population control, I mean technological advancement for the good of the people.

It's all for the benefit of the public.

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:59 - Mar 27 with 883 viewscaught-in-limbo

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:57 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

It's all for the benefit of the public.

Yep. Our government sure does love us.

#toxic

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 11:05 - Mar 27 with 878 viewsfactual_blue

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 10:27 - Mar 27 by caught-in-limbo

Someone on this forum told me last year that the UK's separation from the EU was made easier with the adoption of hundreds of thousands of EU laws.

It's funny how things turn out.

The promise was IIRC, that Parliament will go through all this laws and repeal the ones we don't want.

That will never, ever happen.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 11:07 - Mar 27 with 876 viewschicoazul

Have any of you driven in Paris or on the Autobahn? There is no way people won't find a way to over-ride these safety systems, just like you can take your catalytic converter out. Your average Frenchman hates the Police and the EU and wont be told what to do.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 11:09 - Mar 27 with 868 viewsfooters

EU approves compolsury speed limiters in all cars by 2022 on 11:07 - Mar 27 by chicoazul

Have any of you driven in Paris or on the Autobahn? There is no way people won't find a way to over-ride these safety systems, just like you can take your catalytic converter out. Your average Frenchman hates the Police and the EU and wont be told what to do.

That and Peugeots struggle to get over 60 anyway.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024