Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what you all got for Mother's Day then? 10:02 - Mar 28 with 4085 viewsBrixtonBlue

I've got a Tranquility Garden winging its way to my mum - various herbs and flowers to grow in the garden that promote relaxation. Got it at notonthehighstreet.com which is great if you're stuck for ideas. I got her a Ladybird Hotel from there last year - a thing for ladybirds to live in!

One year on, no ladybirds have taken up residence. Maybe the rates are too high.

Anymore for anymore? (This post is also a gentle reminder...)

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 12:46 - Mar 28 with 1856 viewsBrixtonBlue

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 11:58 - Mar 28 by Swansea_Blue

Given i'm not a mother, hopefully nothing.

I think people can stop doing this hilarious joke now, don't you?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 12:50 - Mar 28 with 1841 viewsSwansea_Blue

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 12:46 - Mar 28 by BrixtonBlue

Ah, maybe I should have read the thread

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 12:59 - Mar 28 with 1820 viewsLord_Lucan

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 12:44 - Mar 28 by BrixtonBlue

My mum's birthday was the weekend before last and me and the GF drove up to Essex for a meal with her (and the rest of the family). She was made up that we came all that way just for a meal. You don't have to do something on actual Mother's Day.

Re the graves thing, I take your point to an extent but it's nice for those left behind if that's what makes them feel good. My mum does it for her mum on Mother's Day, Christmas and birthday.

Everyone is different I suppose.

My dads mums ashes were in his garage for 20 years before he got round to scattering them on his dads grave, that was probably the only time he visited it.

My share of my mums mums ashes are still in a Tupperware container behind a photo of her in my living room. I have visited my dads stone only once in five years but his ashes have been spread on Craven Cottage pitch, Las Vegas, New Zealand and at the top of Kilimanjaro amongst other places.

I don't really get the grave thing and nor does my family, you're dead you're dead! Lady Lucan on the other hand (until recently) visited her mum and dads grave on every occasion possible and upset herself whilst doing it. I find that very strange.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:01 - Mar 28 with 1813 viewsfooters

Dolly, I will tell jokes of varying quality if I see the goal is open.

Sorry you didn't enjoy this effort. Hopefully the next one will be a real side-splitter.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:02 - Mar 28 with 1812 viewsPJH

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:01 - Mar 28 by footers

Sorry you didn't enjoy this effort. Hopefully the next one will be a real side-splitter.

or I will post it before you do.
So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:05 - Mar 28 with 1802 viewsfooters

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:02 - Mar 28 by PJH

or I will post it before you do.

And Swansea will pick up the slack if neither of us are available.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:13 - Mar 28 with 1787 viewsitfcjoe

A couple of bits from Not On The High Street for my other half from my children

My Mum is in Mexico so only got her a card from me, and one from my children at the moment - will probably just grab an orchid when she is back to give to her as that is what she usually prefers. Any other gift is normally followed by how she would have preferred an orchid...

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:24 - Mar 28 with 1770 viewsjeera

I won't be getting anything.

But then I'm not a mum.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:26 - Mar 28 with 1761 viewshampstead_blue

I've got to get up at 5.30 am, drive to Chelmsford and enjoy 5 hours of cricket training at the county ground.

My wife? I'll leave behind a few chocolates and no doubt a bottle of Pol Roger for the evening

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:26 - Mar 28 with 1758 viewsBrixtonBlue

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:01 - Mar 28 by footers

I enjoyed it the first time!

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:28 - Mar 28 with 1750 viewswkj

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:26 - Mar 28 by BrixtonBlue

I enjoyed it the first time!

I thought the sequels were true to the original, which is refreshing.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:29 - Mar 28 with 1745 viewsBrixtonBlue

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 12:59 - Mar 28 by Lord_Lucan

Everyone is different I suppose.

My dads mums ashes were in his garage for 20 years before he got round to scattering them on his dads grave, that was probably the only time he visited it.

My share of my mums mums ashes are still in a Tupperware container behind a photo of her in my living room. I have visited my dads stone only once in five years but his ashes have been spread on Craven Cottage pitch, Las Vegas, New Zealand and at the top of Kilimanjaro amongst other places.

I don't really get the grave thing and nor does my family, you're dead you're dead! Lady Lucan on the other hand (until recently) visited her mum and dads grave on every occasion possible and upset herself whilst doing it. I find that very strange.

It could be argued that the ash scattering thing is pretty pointless/strange as well... but I like what you've done with your dad's.

Like you say, everyone's different. Whatever helps them cope.

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:31 - Mar 28 with 1734 viewsBrixtonBlue

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:13 - Mar 28 by itfcjoe

A couple of bits from Not On The High Street for my other half from my children

My Mum is in Mexico so only got her a card from me, and one from my children at the moment - will probably just grab an orchid when she is back to give to her as that is what she usually prefers. Any other gift is normally followed by how she would have preferred an orchid...

Ha, can't go wrong with an orchid. My mum's had several over the years.

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:36 - Mar 28 with 1717 viewswkj

My serious response is that im cooking her a porterhouse that was ordered from the farm and cooked over wood I sourced and seasoned myself. Both are actually in no way hyperbole.

Crybaby

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:58 - Mar 28 with 1693 viewsfactual_blue

The height of Desperate Marketing this year so far has been emails I've had from Garmin offering Mother's Day Gift.

Because nothing says 'I love you Mum' like a new sat nav.

This tranquillity garden is actually cannabis plants, isn't it?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 14:01 - Mar 28 with 1686 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 10:54 - Mar 28 by Ryorry

Nothing. Commercially hyped days like these are intensely painful for many people for a variety of reasons so I shall hide this one Brixton - not having a go at you or anyone, just pointing it out.

Junior Slaves bf's mum died a few weeks back, dad preceded her.....was just thinking the exact same thing having just watched a slushy, emotional garbage Moonpig ad on the tellybox!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 14:02 - Mar 28 with 1679 viewsLord_Lucan

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:58 - Mar 28 by factual_blue

The height of Desperate Marketing this year so far has been emails I've had from Garmin offering Mother's Day Gift.

Aside from Argentina where else did you visit in S America and where was the cheapest and best quality Charlie?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 14:18 - Mar 28 with 1656 viewsBrixtonBlue

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 13:58 - Mar 28 by factual_blue

That might've been a better option, what with her bad back.

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 14:24 - Mar 28 with 1648 viewsDebsyAngel

Goosebumps DVD and a big card with lovely words in, with £10 inside. I wish I could afford more but she is more than happy with what she gets and will think the £10 note is too much!!
So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 14:29 - Mar 28 with 1644 viewswkj

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 14:24 - Mar 28 by DebsyAngel

Goosebumps DVD and a big card with lovely words in, with £10 inside. I wish I could afford more but she is more than happy with what she gets and will think the £10 note is too much!!

To make that gift even more special, give here two fivers instead

Crybaby

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 14:31 - Mar 28 with 1641 viewsSpruceMoose

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 14:29 - Mar 28 by wkj

Use pennies then hit up the arcades in Felixstowe together.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 14:32 - Mar 28 with 1635 viewswkj

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 14:31 - Mar 28 by SpruceMoose

Use pennies then hit up the arcades in Felixstowe together.

Scum, you really are. Hemsby

Crybaby

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 14:37 - Mar 28 with 1620 viewsJ2BLUE

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 14:29 - Mar 28 by wkj

Christmas 2017 my mum gave my little brother £20 to stick in a card for me. When I opened it, he had decided a fiver was enough and kept the £20.

We still all laugh about that. I'm lucky he didn't have any change.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 14:45 - Mar 28 with 1611 viewsGeoffSentence

I am an orphan.

So that saves me a job this weekend.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 14:45 - Mar 28 with 1611 viewswkj

So what you all got for Mother's Day then? on 14:37 - Mar 28 by J2BLUE

Christmas 2017 my mum gave my little brother £20 to stick in a card for me. When I opened it, he had decided a fiver was enough and kept the £20.

We still all laugh about that. I'm lucky he didn't have any change.

No wonder you're a wronggun

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024