Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's get it going then........ 13:26 - May 8 with 8859 viewschfsittingbell

Looking at the Championship released list....

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11688052/which-championship-player

realistically i like the look of

Paul Mcshane or Mile Jedinak
Callum McManaman
Steve Morison or Conor Washington

Obviously we will not be signing many players and who we do will be limited on wages etc. The above would give a little experience to the squad and take the pressure off some of the youngsters having to be at it each week.

Thoughts?
[Post edited 8 May 2019 13:26]
Let's get it going then........ on 15:50 - May 8 with 1852 viewsBluenc

Tom Elliott from Millwall. Just the type of striker we need.
Let's get it going then........ on 15:53 - May 8 with 1843 viewsJ2BLUE

That seems to be an out of contract list rather than released list. Chambers is on there.

Hoolahan anyone?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Let's get it going then........ on 18:14 - May 8 with 1765 viewsITFCMonk

Will keane
Ryan tunnicliffe
Stephen henderson
Jordan cousins
Callum harriott
Conor washington
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:16 - May 8 with 1763 viewsITFCMonk

[Post edited 9 May 2019 19:09]
Let's get it going then........ on 18:22 - May 8 with 1755 viewschicoazul

You would be much better off looking at the L1 released list my friend.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Let's get it going then........ on 18:34 - May 8 with 1738 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Let's get it going then........ on 18:22 - May 8 by chicoazul

You would be much better off looking at the L1 released list my friend.

Also need to consider Geography; given our status and the budget we are unlikely to be enticing too many Lower champ/higher league 1 players down from the north.

More likely a couple of astute lower champ older signings base already based in the south (like judge), and maybe a top league 2 player to relocate e.g. Norwood

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Let's get it going then........ on 22:01 - May 8 with 1686 viewsMelford

Let's get it going then........ on 13:56 - May 8 by davblue

I think a battle hardened striker wouldn't be the worst signing to make in Morrison.

He's a different option to anything we have, someone who would be good around the dressing room as well i suspect.

Same age as Walters when he came back last season. Wouldn't mind him here for a season or two.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Let's get it going then........ on 22:21 - May 8 with 1667 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Let's get it going then........ on 14:01 - May 8 by TRUE_BLUE123

Micheal Morrison Birmingham

30 years old, Ipswich fan I think and scored 7 goals this season as a centre back and a captain.
Good player.

He is actually 31 and played most matches for Birmingham last season. On what basis will he be available and why would he be likely to drop to league 1? If he is available, presumably he would interest Championship clubs who would be to offer him better.

It would be great to get an experienced organiser in the mould of Collins but we only got him because of his injuries. I actually like the idea of making Collins a coach.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Let's get it going then........ on 22:44 - May 8 with 1643 viewsMrTown

Fair bit of realism required here. I understand a lot of people here suggesting who they like not necessarily what they expect.

I expect 2 permanent signings, one being Norwood, one Right-Back, and possibly a GK depending on that situation unfolds, plus 2 loans.

Front that list: Efe Embrose.

If nothing else in Toto and Efe you’d have some no nonsense defending.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Let's get it going then........ on 23:10 - May 8 with 1626 viewsActionMan

Let's get it going then........ on 14:47 - May 8 by clive_baker

It's ME's fool proof strategy, fill the side with average players from the league below and then scratch your head wondering why you've ended up there.

Buzzing for us to raid Stevenage this summer.

To be honest most of the support wanted just that last season and were highly critical of those suggesting we may drop as a result. The owner if anything was listening to the fans when he appointed the very popular Hurst, released players like Hyam, Bru and Didz and signed "young and exciting" players from League One. Many said the Webster, Garner and Waghorn sales were good business too.

Evans was widely praised for the appointment and the window, we can hardly complain given that we were wrong, because it's what we largely wanted.
Let's get it going then........ on 23:17 - May 8 with 1623 viewstextbackup

Let's get it going then........ on 14:18 - May 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

Regardless of whether we are in the Champ, his record is poor.

Not for me thanks.

Morrison came on and destroyed us at PR, because he's smart, and knows how to unsettle a back line. something we didn't have all season

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Let's get it going then........ on 09:21 - May 9 with 1536 viewschicoazul

Let's get it going then........ on 23:17 - May 8 by textbackup

Morrison came on and destroyed us at PR, because he's smart, and knows how to unsettle a back line. something we didn't have all season

Well we did have Garner for a couple of games.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Let's get it going then........ on 10:23 - May 9 with 1510 viewsJ2BLUE

Let's get it going then........ on 22:44 - May 8 by MrTown

Fair bit of realism required here. I understand a lot of people here suggesting who they like not necessarily what they expect.

I expect 2 permanent signings, one being Norwood, one Right-Back, and possibly a GK depending on that situation unfolds, plus 2 loans.

If we only get 2 permanent deals and 2 loans we are screwed. We need 3 signings just in defence IMO. Anyway, we need to see the released list first.

Not sure why everyone is convinced we will get Norwood. He's likely to have plenty of interest. No idea what his wages are now but lets assume his max next contract will be £10k a week (probably less). That is a great punt for a Championship side. £1.56m all in. With some of the ridiculous fees and wages about right now he might tempt a few Championship clubs. If he doesn't step up he will have lots of takers in league two and possibly league one so they could recoup some of that already modest figure.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Let's get it going then........ on 12:38 - May 9 with 1467 viewschicoazul

Let's get it going then........ on 22:44 - May 8 by MrTown

2 perm signings lol try 5X that.

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:08 - May 9 with 1390 viewsITFCMonk

Let's get it going then........ on 15:43 - May 8 by iamipswich

Mark Little from Bolton - Alway thought he was the type of RB we need. Haven't seen much of him this year though.

Craig Noone from Bolton - Marauding winger who caused defences problems

Michael Morrison from Birmingham - Town fan, solid at the bank and a threat going forward. Would be surprised if he dropped to League 1 though.

Tom Adeyemi - May be controversial but if we can keep his wages to a reasonable level, I think he would be a great presence in midfield if he did get fit.

Connor Washington from Sheff Utd - Fast, strong and proven he can do it in League 1. There may be better options out there though such as Eaves or Norwood

[Post edited 9 May 2019 19:10]
Let's get it going then........ on 10:05 - May 10 with 1291 viewskeanekipper

Let's get it going then........ on 14:18 - May 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

Regardless of whether we are in the Champ, his record is poor.

Not for me thanks.

made a big impact on the 2nd half at portman road this season and having watched wycombe vs fleetwood at the weekend, see bayo akinfenwa cause trouble and he cant run, i think it would be a shrewd signing in know how of the league,also being a genuine target man/bully which we will need at points.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024