Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Mills 19:40 - May 13 with 4569 viewsBlackboots

The club should find a way of honouring him. Record number of appearances and captain throughout the most successful period in our history. He’s never had the recognition he deserves as a player and leader.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

Mick Mills on 19:41 - May 13 with 4127 viewsSpruceMoose

Can we finish the statue we are working on currently before starting the next one?!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Mick Mills on 19:44 - May 13 with 4120 viewsBlackboots

Mick Mills on 19:41 - May 13 by SpruceMoose

Can we finish the statue we are working on currently before starting the next one?!

It was reading about the Beattie statue that got me thinking about Mills. It’s sad that it’s only after KB’s death that it’s being done. I think it’s better to recognise someone’s achievements when they are around to see it.
[Post edited 13 May 2019 19:46]

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

Mick Mills on 20:30 - May 13 with 4020 viewsRonFearonsHair

It astonished me to hear on the radio a while back that, during his entire tenure, the current owner has never taken the time to speak to him, other than a cursory 'hello'. This despite Mills' attendance at virtually every home match. I don't get it at all.
Mick Mills on 20:31 - May 13 with 3999 viewsSwansea_Blue

It'd be a shorter one though. Could probably use the offcuts of the Beat's.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mick Mills on 21:15 - May 13 with 3901 viewsBlueBadger

Perhaps we could get someone with a very boring voice to make a speech in tribute to him?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mick Mills on 21:19 - May 13 with 3881 viewsfactual_blue

Mick Mills on 20:31 - May 13 by Swansea_Blue

Does the sculptor do BOGOF deals?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mick Mills on 21:21 - May 13 with 3872 viewsWD19

Mick Mills on 21:15 - May 13 by BlueBadger

Perhaps we could get someone with a very boring voice to make a speech in tribute to him?

How about a drone display!?
Mick Mills on 21:21 - May 13 with 3872 viewsGeoffSentence

Also, he had the most wonderful posture.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Mick Mills on 00:13 - May 14 with 3729 viewsBlueBadger

Mick Mills on 20:30 - May 13 by RonFearonsHair

It astonished me to hear on the radio a while back that, during his entire tenure, the current owner has never taken the time to speak to him, other than a cursory 'hello'. This despite Mills' attendance at virtually every home match. I don't get it at all.

It's not hard to get. We have an owner who, since his first very famous manager didn't work out has essentially offered lip service to his club.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mick Mills on 05:53 - May 14 with 3674 viewstiptreeblue

Mick Mills on 21:15 - May 13 by BlueBadger

Are you really against something like a stand named after our most successful and probably our best captain ?.
Mick Mills on 07:04 - May 14 with 3626 viewsChurchman

I totally agree. He was immense for the club and it’s sad he has not been recognised in some sort of way. The problem is that there are other players of that period who were great too, specifically Allan Hunter and my personal favourite Paul Mariner. Not forgetting predecessors Ray Crawford, Ted Phillips and an appearance record holder Tommy Parker. ITFC was blessed with some wonderful players over a long period.
Mick Mills on 08:00 - May 14 with 3584 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Mick Mills on 20:30 - May 13 by RonFearonsHair

You’re easily astonished!
Mick Mills on 08:05 - May 14 with 3574 viewsBryanPlug

Mick Mills on 20:31 - May 13 by Swansea_Blue

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Mick Mills on 08:45 - May 14 with 3527 viewsitfcjoe

I think him and Warky for their long service coupled with supreme quality deserve something more to elevate them above the other legends

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick Mills on 09:06 - May 14 with 3496 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I said after the beat died that we should have a legends board outside the ground..Like the hall of fame but visible.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Mick Mills on 09:29 - May 14 with 3462 viewsDeano69

Mick Mills on 08:05 - May 14 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Hurst, Tabby and Gatesy for the price of one Alan Hunter

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Mick Mills on 09:33 - May 14 with 3450 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

I believe Arsenal have a wall of heros at their ground. Why didnt we go for something like that. We have a lot of past players that really do deserve a mention.
Mick Mills on 09:36 - May 14 with 3442 viewsPJH

Mick Mills on 09:33 - May 14 by SteveMcCallsTeeth

I believe Arsenal have a wall of heros at their ground. Why didnt we go for something like that. We have a lot of past players that really do deserve a mention.

That would be good although loads of former players have their named bricks in the walkway behind the Co-Op stand.
Mick Mills on 10:08 - May 14 with 3399 viewsDeano69

Mick Mills on 09:33 - May 14 by SteveMcCallsTeeth

I like the idea of a selection of brass plate/plaques that could be added to. Framed up and labelled. In relief with some detail, must be most cost effective than full statues?

sort of like this, but maybe cut back to the outline, possible whole player in a playing position/stance?

Mick Mills on 10:11 - May 14 with 3393 viewsGeoffSentence

Mick Mills on 10:08 - May 14 by Deano69

I like the idea of a selection of brass plate/plaques that could be added to. Framed up and labelled. In relief with some detail, must be most cost effective than full statues?

sort of like this, but maybe cut back to the outline, possible whole player in a playing position/stance?

Nice idea, I would prefer a marble statue in the ancient greek style

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Mick Mills on 10:12 - May 14 with 3391 viewsDeano69

Mick Mills on 10:11 - May 14 by GeoffSentence

Nice idea, I would prefer a marble statue in the ancient greek style

Must be cold out

Mick Mills on 11:06 - May 14 with 3333 viewscaught-in-limbo

I have no problem with Mills or any of Town's former greats, but there's something about honouring people in statue form that doesn't sit well with me.

I'd prefer us to have an obsession with making history, rather than celebrating past "histories" which becomes less relevant with every passing decade.

Additionally, every new statue dilutes the importance of the ones already out there.

I know it's what we have over Nodge at the moment, but if our positions were switched, I would think such talk was all rather quaint and pointless.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Mick Mills on 11:09 - May 14 with 3327 viewsHerbivore

I'm a big fan of Mick Mills.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick Mills on 11:17 - May 14 with 3318 viewschicoazul

I agree with OP. Mills also captained England at a World Cup, how many clubs can say that? I think naming a bar or maybe even a stand after him would be a very nice touch. Ignore the naysayers OP, you have my axe.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mick Mills on 12:13 - May 14 with 3267 viewsPinewoodblue

A mural, in relief, of the greatest teams in our history, perhaps around the practice pitch would be a good idea.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024