Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 12:39 - May 22 with 16906 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

He was asked about the sacking of his mate Chris Hughton and immediately turned it to ANOTHER dig at us.

‘Well they wanted a change just like they did at Ipswich. That went well’.

As I said before he’s just eroding the memory of the good stuff he did here by constantly acting like a bitter child.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:10 - May 22 with 2218 viewshomer_123

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:50 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

Looking forward to seeing if Lambert can get us playing great football. Based on the evidence of last season I'm sceptical.

Twas a slightly tounge in cheek post really Moosey.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

His "temp job".... on 14:11 - May 22 with 2222 viewsBloots

I'm not bothered.... on 14:06 - May 22 by BlueStreak

Don't get me wrong, the trolling by Mick lot is hilarious but seriously, he has got a temp job of a third tier national team. Lets not sugar coat by saying that he now has an amazing job.

...will last longer than his replacement here did.

And possibly longer than his replacement's replacement.

Lets face it his temp job could last longer than both of them combined.

"Temp job" indeed.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Who? (n/t) on 14:11 - May 22 with 2218 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I used to have a.... on 14:15 - May 22 with 2209 viewsBloots

I'm not bothered.... on 14:09 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

Never said he did. I said he has a nice new job and I reckon he enjoys it very much.

That really seems to bother some people. People who should grow up and get over it. Honestly, that lot treat everything Ipswich related like some kind of SKY TV Dream Team drama. It's pathetic.

...Harchester Utd shirt.

Karl Fletcher was my hero.

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:15 - May 22 with 2208 viewsSpruceMoose

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:10 - May 22 by homer_123

Twas a slightly tounge in cheek post really Moosey.

Too soon Homer! It's too damn soon!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is the correct answer. (n/t) on 14:15 - May 22 with 2207 viewsBloots

Who? (n/t) on 14:11 - May 22 by Swansea_Blue

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:24 - May 22 with 2201 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I wasn't in the Mick out camp.

But I can't stand the guy now.

Fair enough Mick, have your say... but then let it go you bitter foo.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:28 - May 22 with 2192 viewsSpruceMoose

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:24 - May 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

I wasn't in the Mick out camp.

But I can't stand the guy now.

Fair enough Mick, have your say... but then let it go you bitter foo.

He's not bitter! He's having a gay ole time winding up the some of the manbaby Town fans.

They give him the response he finds so amusing every time.

It's like me posting on here.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:29 - May 22 with 2193 viewsBlueBlood90

What a boring, bitter, old fool.

I'd rather spend the rest of eternity in League One than being told to be grateful to finish mid table every season, playing crap football, never winning a cup game, signing a load of rubbish old has beens and pals of his and being sworn at by the manager.

Good riddance.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:32 - May 22 with 2186 viewsSpruceMoose

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:29 - May 22 by BlueBlood90

What a boring, bitter, old fool.

I'd rather spend the rest of eternity in League One than being told to be grateful to finish mid table every season, playing crap football, never winning a cup game, signing a load of rubbish old has beens and pals of his and being sworn at by the manager.

Good riddance.

Spending an entirety in League One suggests we would be finishing mid table every season, playing crap football, never winning a cup game, signing a load of rubbish old has beens and pals anyway. Just in a lower league than Mick had us doing it in.

The only thing you might avoid is Mick McCarthy taking up residence in your head.

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:35 - May 22 with 2184 viewsActionMan

He took us within 4 points of the drop in 2017, he's either relegated every team he's managed or the teams been relegated immediately after he's left, Wolves being relegated twice on the bounce after his departure.

That's his legacy.

Won no major trophy, no sustained top flight management, never even broke into the top 10 of English football with any team he's managed.

He's not as good as he thinks he is.
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:37 - May 22 with 2181 viewsJ2BLUE

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:09 - May 22 by Herbivore

He is right. We wanted change - fact. It didn't work out well - also fact. It's only because he's right that people are getting their knickers in a twist.

The short term hasn't gone well. The medium-long term still has to be written. If we bounce back as champions next season after a season of blooding the youngsters and have a real solid foundation then the medium term might look very different. Big if obviously but it's important to remember how toxic it was in MM's last months. Keeping him would have seen STs fall off a cliff, an even deeper rift between the manager and the fans and hostility towards Evans increase massively.

MM leaving was right. Bringing Hurst in wasn't (with hindsight).

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:39 - May 22 with 2183 viewsjeera

Thing is, if he didn't have a point, it wouldn't bother anyone in the slightest what he said.

No one would care.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:47 - May 22 with 2165 viewsballycastle

The thin skinned one sounds like a bitter wronged ex wife, winners never quit and quitters never win.
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:48 - May 22 with 2158 viewsSpruceMoose

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:47 - May 22 by ballycastle

The thin skinned one sounds like a bitter wronged ex wife, winners never quit and quitters never win.

That's no way to refer to WarkTheWarkITFC

Nutshell (n/t) on 14:54 - May 22 with 2138 viewsBloots

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:39 - May 22 by jeera

Thing is, if he didn't have a point, it wouldn't bother anyone in the slightest what he said.

No one would care.

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:55 - May 22 with 2135 viewsHerbivore

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:35 - May 22 by ActionMan

He took us within 4 points of the drop in 2017, he's either relegated every team he's managed or the teams been relegated immediately after he's left, Wolves being relegated twice on the bounce after his departure.

That's his legacy.

Won no major trophy, no sustained top flight management, never even broke into the top 10 of English football with any team he's managed.

He's not as good as he thinks he is.

He also took Wolves and Sunderland up and got us and Millwall into the play off places. He took Ireland to the knockout stages of the World Cup. That's also his legacy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 15:18 - May 22 with 2107 viewsPJH

Imagine how many pages we would be at now if he had said something that was untrue.

I still love you Mick.
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 15:46 - May 22 with 2085 viewsPhilTWTD

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:24 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

The reason he does it is to cause threads like this.

Works every time.

Far from that, I think it shows how irked he remains about his departure from here. He's not one to move on from an argument, whether here, at other clubs or wherever. Similar points relating to old battles were continually made in press conferences here, often with a Partridge-esque 'naturally I had the last laugh' along the lines of today's comment.
His "temp job".... on 15:47 - May 22 with 2065 viewsPhilTWTD

His "temp job".... on 14:11 - May 22 by Bloots

...will last longer than his replacement here did.

And possibly longer than his replacement's replacement.

Lets face it his temp job could last longer than both of them combined.

"Temp job" indeed.

Not necessarily in terms of the number of games!
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 15:48 - May 22 with 2067 viewsMattinLondon

To be fair to Mick he has every reason to take a sly dig at the people who hounded him out - not the people who simply wanted him to go and remained civil but towards the people who were abusing him and wouldn’t let him finish the season.
Let it go hun, he's gone. (n/t) on 15:50 - May 22 with 2064 viewsGeoffSentence

Let it go hun, he's gone. (n/t) on 12:48 - May 22 by Bloots

True, true. But then the point of the OP was that the man himself can't let it go.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 15:50 - May 22 with 2067 viewsSpruceMoose

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 15:46 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Far from that, I think it shows how irked he remains about his departure from here. He's not one to move on from an argument, whether here, at other clubs or wherever. Similar points relating to old battles were continually made in press conferences here, often with a Partridge-esque 'naturally I had the last laugh' along the lines of today's comment.

I just find it all hysterical. Grown blokes acting like high school kids.

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 16:02 - May 22 with 2048 viewsfloridaboy

The man is no longer manager of our club. He is a very bitter person obviously.

What gets me going is the fact that TWTDs and Archant continue to give him lineage.

I for one would be really happy if we don't see another article relating to him.

I don't care what he thinks anymore.

Shame he doesn't put the same effort to his managerial role with ROI!
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 16:06 - May 22 with 2036 viewsKeaneish

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:09 - May 22 by Herbivore

He is right. We wanted change - fact. It didn't work out well - also fact. It's only because he's right that people are getting their knickers in a twist.

Don't think you quite have your finger on the pulse of other Towen fans do you plant eater? The sad indictment is League 1 is far more appealing than having him at this club. People get their "knickers in a twist", (i for one do not wear knickers but each to their own), when MM uses any opportunity to have a jibe about us because he's a very bitter and twisted egomaniac who loathes the fact he's not held in high regard here and he feels its unjust. He's not right, he's irrelevant but likes to think he's right as has always been his way.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024