Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here 08:28 - Jul 8 with 19748 viewsitfcjoe

Discuss...

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:40 - Jul 8 with 2728 viewsmrshallisfit

Totally agree but the problem is what is the alternative?
We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:45 - Jul 8 with 2714 viewsMaySixth

Have been saying this for about five years.

I'll be happy if we finish mid-table this season.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:45 - Jul 8 with 2714 viewsSwansea_Blue

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:40 - Jul 8 by mrshallisfit

Totally agree but the problem is what is the alternative?

The only alternative is a new owner. Which is a lot easier said than done, I'm sure, and remember ME would be picking the buyer too - so if he's as good as that as he is picking managers, we could be in worse trouble.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:45 - Jul 8 with 2710 viewsBlueBadger

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 08:44 - Jul 8 by Reuser_is_God

Indeed.

The £9m TV money would've almost all been saved by relegation wage clauses in players contracts too I'd have thought.

That £9M is on top of what we're losing annually already though, isn't it?

Unless I'm interpreting it wrong.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 10:01]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:46 - Jul 8 with 2708 viewsmrshallisfit

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 08:41 - Jul 8 by Reuser_is_God

I cannot understand why the sell on clauses we have received this summer aren't going to be reinvested in the squad.

It's bonus money which wouldn't have been accounted for when they finalised budgets for League 1.

As Mick would say, bonkers.

Its not bonkers.Its consistent with his overall attitude and objectives. Minimise losses as much as possible. Its obvious that Evans has no real desire to be part of the future of ITFC. He would love to get out but has no real strategy to achieve this.
We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:47 - Jul 8 with 2710 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’ve been saying it for four years.

Covering the running costs, even at a few million a year, is one thing but to add no actual investment to the playing squad year on year was always going to end in relegation. The fact we still aren’t spending any money despite selling players and getting sell on fees despite there being obvious gaps in the team suggests we will continue to decline under Evans.

Evans Out

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:47 - Jul 8 with 2703 viewsportmanking

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:46 - Jul 8 by mrshallisfit

Its not bonkers.Its consistent with his overall attitude and objectives. Minimise losses as much as possible. Its obvious that Evans has no real desire to be part of the future of ITFC. He would love to get out but has no real strategy to achieve this.

But according to various legit posters on here, Evans DOESN'T want to "get out"?
We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:49 - Jul 8 with 2695 viewsthebooks

No scheisse, Sherlock!

Problem partly because fans are too deferential to a man who has put £70m of "his own money" into the club, and then try to rationalise that as being reasonable, unlike other impatient fans, the Ipswich way etc. etc. I don't really care if he put £5 billion in, if he's crap and the club rots away.

So it goes. Just have to wait for a one off season a la Charlton. I guess it'll happen at some point.
Login to get fewer ads

You do realise that a large proportion... on 09:51 - Jul 8 with 2687 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You do realise that a large proportion... on 09:33 - Jul 8 by Bloots

….of our fans are a bit thick don't you?

They probably still think everything is MM's fault.

"In Mick We tRust"

I'll be interested to hear the views of those that said the inevitable relegation after he left would be "a good thing" and that we'd "Come back stronger".

The fanbase is obsessed by extremes, whether that's the "spunk loads of cash" crew, or the "play all the kids" brigade.

When you are in our position then football is all about balance, but too many of our fans are bored of balance.

Balance is boring.

Balance gets you nowhere, literally.

The question remains as to whether going nowhere was better than going where we are going now.

We have an owner that has literally no interest in progressing the club and is happy to minimise his losses, whatever league we are in and a manager that will say anything to get a job and then say anything to keep it.

Neither of them are capable of running/managing a Championship club, let alone a Championship club with higher aspirations.

I fear that they have now found their level in the lower reaches of professional football.

But it's not where our club should be.

Such a good post

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:51 - Jul 8 with 2693 viewsFixed_It

The Samaritans 116 123

This thread is one of the most depressing ever seen on a Monday morning.
You'll look back and laugh when we are flying high come Christmas...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 10:02 - Jul 8 with 2648 viewsMaySixth

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:51 - Jul 8 by Fixed_It

The Samaritans 116 123

Deluded

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 10:08 - Jul 8 with 2631 viewsBlueBadger

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:36 - Jul 8 by JakeITFC

How many points do you think we will get this season?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 10:09 - Jul 8 with 2629 viewsBlueBadger

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:51 - Jul 8 by Fixed_It

The Samaritans 116 123

Our customary 15th place is there for the taking this season, I reckon.

You do realise that a large proportion... on 10:10 - Jul 8 with 2629 viewsJohnny_Boy

"In Mick We tRust"

I'll be interested to hear the views of those that said the inevitable relegation after he left would be "a good thing" and that we'd "Come back stronger".

The fanbase is obsessed by extremes, whether that's the "spunk loads of cash" crew, or the "play all the kids" brigade.

When you are in our position then football is all about balance, but too many of our fans are bored of balance.

Balance is boring.

The question remains as to whether going nowhere was better than going where we are going now.

We have an owner that has literally no interest in progressing the club and is happy to minimise his losses, whatever league we are in and a manager that will say anything to get a job and then say anything to keep it.

Neither of them are capable of running/managing a Championship club, let alone a Championship club with higher aspirations.

I fear that they have now found their level in the lower reaches of professional football.

The club has been treading water for years & years.

Has this all really come as a shock?
Not in the slightest.... on 10:12 - Jul 8 with 2626 viewsBloots

You do realise that a large proportion... on 10:10 - Jul 8 by Johnny_Boy

The club has been treading water for years & years.

Has this all really come as a shock?

….the more sensible of us have been saying it for years.

That is entirely my point.

Not sure what yours is though.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 10:14 - Jul 8 with 2614 viewsStokieBlue

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 08:41 - Jul 8 by Reuser_is_God

I cannot understand why the sell on clauses we have received this summer aren't going to be reinvested in the squad.

It's bonus money which wouldn't have been accounted for when they finalised budgets for League 1.

As Mick would say, bonkers.

The thing is whilst I am sure we all want that money to go into the squad, you are essentially saying ME should spend more of his money to allow that to happen.

It's easy to spend other peoples money of course.

It's not a nice situation but football has gotten more expensive and ME doesn't have disposable funds to invest in the way people on here seem to think is their right to have their football team run. Maybe he will be able to sell to someone who can spend what the fans want but there is also a lot of entitlement from the fans.

I do think he is making a mistake not investing this year but I guess there is a finite limit to the losses he can cover each year.

We all want town to be better. We would love it if we could spend loads of money but that's not the case and moaning about it on a daily basis isn't going to change that fact.

SB
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 10:17]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 10:16 - Jul 8 with 2609 viewsStokieBlue

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:47 - Jul 8 by The_Romford_Blue

I’ve been saying it for four years.

Covering the running costs, even at a few million a year, is one thing but to add no actual investment to the playing squad year on year was always going to end in relegation. The fact we still aren’t spending any money despite selling players and getting sell on fees despite there being obvious gaps in the team suggests we will continue to decline under Evans.

Evans Out

Why don't you offer some ideas on how it can be changed rather than 4 years of continuous moaning without any actual ideas on what to do.

SB
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 10:31]

Not in the slightest.... on 10:16 - Jul 8 with 2605 viewsJohnny_Boy

Not in the slightest.... on 10:12 - Jul 8 by Bloots

….the more sensible of us have been saying it for years.

That is entirely my point.

Not sure what yours is though.

Erm. I'm agreeing with you?
We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 10:16 - Jul 8 with 2599 viewsBlueBadger

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 09:47 - Jul 8 by portmanking

But according to various legit posters on here, Evans DOESN'T want to "get out"?

Think how much extra income he'll make this season being able to write off our increased losses against his tax bill!

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 10:24 - Jul 8 with 2567 viewsrosseden

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 10:16 - Jul 8 by BlueBadger

Think how much extra income he'll make this season being able to write off our increased losses against his tax bill!

those pesky tax exiles off setting their tax bills

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

These types of responses are.... on 10:24 - Jul 8 with 2570 viewsBloots

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 10:16 - Jul 8 by StokieBlue

Why don't you offer some ideas on how it can be changed rather than 4 years of continuous moaning without any actual ideas on what to do.

SB
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 10:31]

….amongst the most ridiculous you see on here, and they are up against some fairly stiff competition.

Well done.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

These types of responses are.... on 10:26 - Jul 8 with 2560 viewsStokieBlue

These types of responses are.... on 10:24 - Jul 8 by Bloots

….amongst the most ridiculous you see on here, and they are up against some fairly stiff competition.

Well done.

Any more ridiculous that repeatedly stating that someone who clearly can't afford to spend anymore money should spend more money?

He's spent 4 years moaning without ever offering a single viable solution. He's been called out on it many times by many different posters yet always returns with the exact same post like it's helping in some way or shows some insight that is beyond the rest of us.

So yes, it's not a brilliant post but what else is there to say when confront with a brick wall? You are right though, it was posted in frustration rather than seriousness thus I will edit it.

SB
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 10:30]

You do realise that a large proportion... on 10:31 - Jul 8 with 2533 viewsBlueBadger

"In Mick We tRust"

Balance is boring.

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 10:34 - Jul 8 with 2526 viewsitfcjoe

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 10:14 - Jul 8 by StokieBlue

The thing is whilst I am sure we all want that money to go into the squad, you are essentially saying ME should spend more of his money to allow that to happen.

It's easy to spend other peoples money of course.

It's not a nice situation but football has gotten more expensive and ME doesn't have disposable funds to invest in the way people on here seem to think is their right to have their football team run. Maybe he will be able to sell to someone who can spend what the fans want but there is also a lot of entitlement from the fans.

I do think he is making a mistake not investing this year but I guess there is a finite limit to the losses he can cover each year.

We all want town to be better. We would love it if we could spend loads of money but that's not the case and moaning about it on a daily basis isn't going to change that fact.

SB
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 10:17]

If he isn't willing to even put in half of what we receive in fees then you're never going to get anywhere.

We finished 6th, raised £8m in fees and effectively didn't increase our budget and then finished 7th.

Mick's miraculous finishes on no budget have made a rod for his and subsequent managers backs with Evans now thinking it is possible.

His biggest failings are strategy though - funnelling all budget to a first team manager with no infrastructure of any note around him is too risky and why we aren't a modern forward thinking club. We need a proper Chief Exec with the authority to run the club.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We are going nowhere with Marcus Evans in charge here on 10:36 - Jul 8 with 2518 viewsblueislander

Perhaps we should discuss where we would be without Marcus Evans in charge? And more to the point who people think should own the club.?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024