Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing 15:40 - Jul 31 with 6811 viewsElderGrizzly

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:41 - Jul 31 with 3497 viewsKieran_Knows

What's the issue? Not like people have to walk to Aberdeen to get a ticket.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:42 - Jul 31 with 3488 viewsGarv

Hardly the end of the world?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:43 - Jul 31 with 3478 viewsReuser_is_God

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:41 - Jul 31 by Kieran_Knows

oi have to walk 20 mo-ore steps to get me ticket buh

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:45 - Jul 31 with 3452 viewsElderGrizzly

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:41 - Jul 31 by Kieran_Knows

Because you can guarantee they won’t have enough staff to manage it properly.

How many walk-ups do we get per match?
Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:45 - Jul 31 with 3445 viewsitfcjoe

It's a bit unnecessary - when you see this at other grounds it's massive queues at the ticket office and no one at the turnstile.

Even if it was just one turnstile per stand where you can buy tickets it would be easier

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:48 - Jul 31 with 3408 viewsElderGrizzly

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:45 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

It's a bit unnecessary - when you see this at other grounds it's massive queues at the ticket office and no one at the turnstile.

Even if it was just one turnstile per stand where you can buy tickets it would be easier

Yeah, unnecessary is the best way to describe it. Make it easier for people to attend, not changing something to make it slightly more difficult.
Nervous about this on 15:48 - Jul 31 with 3411 viewsBobbychase

On the one hand, it's the way things are evolving. Most modern sport or entertainment venues expect people to have tickets either pre printed or on their phones, the idea of cash changing hands is pretty old fashioned.

But they have to get this right in terms of staffing. And their record isn't good.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:48 - Jul 31 with 3405 viewsGuthrum

Will the ticket office be open right up to the start of the match? IIRC used to close at 1.30. Which would make things impossible if coming late and from distance.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:48 - Jul 31 with 3397 viewsSitfcB

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:45 - Jul 31 by ElderGrizzly

Because you can guarantee they won’t have enough staff to manage it properly.

How many walk-ups do we get per match?

I can’t imagine it’s a lot otherwise they wouldn’t be making this change?

Cost saving again so not to have to handle so much cash.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:49 - Jul 31 with 3389 viewsfactual_blue

Saves costs and time at the turnstiles.

You can expect them to go to operator-free turnstiles shortly.

And no cash payments at the ticket office - that would be my guess.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:49 - Jul 31 with 3377 viewsSitfcB

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:48 - Jul 31 by Guthrum

Will the ticket office be open right up to the start of the match? IIRC used to close at 1.30. Which would make things impossible if coming late and from distance.

The Matchday Ticket Office will be open from 9am on Saturday matchdays and from 6.15pm for midweek evening matches and will deal with ticket sales, enquiries, upgrades and lost or forgotten season tickets for home supporters only.

Planet Blue will continue to sell tickets midweek and until 6.15pm for an evening match but not on a Saturday matchday.

COYB

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:50 - Jul 31 with 3364 viewsSitfcB

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:49 - Jul 31 by factual_blue

There’s no way Marcus will spend the money on operator free turnstiles.

Should’ve been done years ago, I thought it was going to be done when the tickets went to having barcodes on them, but no.

COYB

Most of our fans..... on 15:58 - Jul 31 with 3282 viewsBloots

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:49 - Jul 31 by factual_blue

....can't even do up their own shoelaces.

The concept of operator free turnstiles would be chaotic.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:11 - Jul 31 with 3165 viewsBrixtonBlue

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:45 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

I've no idea why they can't take contactless payments at the turnstiles. It wouldn't be expensive - I've seen people at car boot sales taking payment that way FFS.

ITFC just seems to be so behind the times on everything.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:14 - Jul 31 with 3148 viewsElderGrizzly

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:48 - Jul 31 by SitfcB

I can’t imagine it’s a lot otherwise they wouldn’t be making this change?

Cost saving again so not to have to handle so much cash.

Does it save that much? All cash handling (from a cost perspective) is centralised, so that isn’t really a reason.
Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:18 - Jul 31 with 3119 viewsfactual_blue

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 15:50 - Jul 31 by SitfcB

There’s no way Marcus will spend the money on operator free turnstiles.

Should’ve been done years ago, I thought it was going to be done when the tickets went to having barcodes on them, but no.

All that needs to be done is to reposition the existing barcode readers, i.e. turn them round.

Most of our fans..... on 16:19 - Jul 31 with 3108 viewsfactual_blue

Most of our fans..... on 15:58 - Jul 31 by Bloots

Well, I didn't like to mention that.

It's a particular issue for those who have their shoes stolen.

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:19 - Jul 31 with 3115 viewschicoazul

I just don't understand why, again and again, we see people here say things like So What? Who cares? Why does it matter? when it comes to Evans' obvious cost cutting and further inconveniencing of his customers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Most of our fans..... on 16:20 - Jul 31 with 3097 viewsartsbossbeard

We have food and drink free catering currently, it's simply a natural progression.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Most of our fans..... on 16:26 - Jul 31 with 3046 viewsPilgrimblue

Perhaps not if more accepted contactless cards
Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:27 - Jul 31 with 3038 viewshaynes_toe1

If we start how I expect us to under Lambert we'll not have a queue of people anywhere so wouldnt worry.
Indeed on 16:27 - Jul 31 with 3032 viewsDyland

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:11 - Jul 31 by BrixtonBlue

I've no idea why they can't take contactless payments at the turnstiles. It wouldn't be expensive - I've seen people at car boot sales taking payment that way FFS.

ITFC just seems to be so behind the times on everything.

MEG is absent and inept, unfortunately.

Yes it could be worse, but the lack of care is infuriating.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:28 - Jul 31 with 3026 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Not really. Theres a 9 million pound black hole in our budget. Not having to deal with all that cash will help toward that. Thats all this is about, likewise the postage on tickets.

Buy online the day before and self print, its not hard. I find it hard to believe that many people wake up on a Saturday morning and suddenly decide to go to the football, most people plan it in advance.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:28 - Jul 31 with 3015 viewsartsbossbeard

Looks like another own goal by the club on ticketing on 16:27 - Jul 31 by haynes_toe1

If we start how I expect us to under Lambert we'll not have a queue of people anywhere so wouldnt worry.

#notproperfansthen

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Aye on 16:29 - Jul 31 with 3008 viewsDyland

Most of our fans..... on 16:20 - Jul 31 by artsbossbeard

We have food and drink free catering currently, it's simply a natural progression.

You would have thought making sure supporters were well fed and watered would be a priority if the football isn't. And you never know, you may make a bit of money from us Marcus.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024