Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood then 21:57 - Sep 28 with 3669 viewstextbackup

nobody can be more frustrated than he will be with himself at the moment. hopefully all he needs is one to fly in and he'll be back on track

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Norwood then on 22:00 - Sep 28 with 2993 viewsitfcjoe

I wonder if when everyone is fit it ends up being Keane and Jackson who are our best front 2

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Norwood then on 22:06 - Sep 28 with 2939 viewsKieran_Knows

Norwood then on 22:00 - Sep 28 by itfcjoe

I wonder if when everyone is fit it ends up being Keane and Jackson who are our best front 2

So it’ll stay as Norwood and Jackson then.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Norwood then on 22:06 - Sep 28 with 2945 viewsN2_Blue

Jackson can’t be dropped because he is playing fantastically.
But personally I’m still delighted with Norwood and think some of the criticism of him is way over the top.
He is just going through one of those runs that all strikers go through where he is missing a few chances. But he is getting them making them and looks every bit the striker I thought we were signing. You can see why he has scored so many goals in recent seasons. He is a nuisance, strong in the air and you can see he is a baller. Granted not his best game today but people are being harsh on him I think. If he doesn’t get injured I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t score 20-25 goals this season.

Keane is the one who will to find something to get in the team or wait for an injury.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Norwood then on 22:08 - Sep 28 with 2919 viewsHerbivore

I think it will/should be, assuming Keane can get fit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood then on 22:08 - Sep 28 with 2948 viewsTranmerefan

I wouldn't worry to much about that. He was the same for us even at non league level. Sometimes went quite a few games without scoring. He offers more than goals though which always means he puts in a 12 hour working shift during those 90 mins.

Anyway, stop moaning, you scored 4 goals today and splattered us :) Top of the league and hes been a part of that side!

All the best.
Norwood then on 22:11 - Sep 28 with 2895 viewsDyland

Norwood then on 22:08 - Sep 28 by Tranmerefan

I wouldn't worry to much about that. He was the same for us even at non league level. Sometimes went quite a few games without scoring. He offers more than goals though which always means he puts in a 12 hour working shift during those 90 mins.

Anyway, stop moaning, you scored 4 goals today and splattered us :) Top of the league and hes been a part of that side!

All the best.

Thought you were decent tbh. Certainly had the better of the first half. We've got that bit more individual quality and made it count in the end. The scoreline flattered us. Two cracking goals though.

Good luck for the season :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Norwood then on 22:12 - Sep 28 with 2889 viewstextbackup

All the best.

yeah he is more than the goals, I acknowledge that.
he just looks so pissed off when he doesn't scored that I worry he'll get himself sent off.

not that theres any comfort in this for you, but today took me back to my childhood. Ipswich playing tranmere, goals, dodgy keeper chants, whole stadium singing at times. I grew up on those games

best of luck for the season

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Norwood then on 22:15 - Sep 28 with 2833 viewsjas0999

Sadly, Keane is veryveryinjury prone. Can’t be relied upon.
Login to get fewer ads

Norwood then on 22:18 - Sep 28 with 2789 viewsartsbossbeard

Norwood then on 22:06 - Sep 28 by N2_Blue

Jackson can’t be dropped because he is playing fantastically.
But personally I’m still delighted with Norwood and think some of the criticism of him is way over the top.
He is just going through one of those runs that all strikers go through where he is missing a few chances. But he is getting them making them and looks every bit the striker I thought we were signing. You can see why he has scored so many goals in recent seasons. He is a nuisance, strong in the air and you can see he is a baller. Granted not his best game today but people are being harsh on him I think. If he doesn’t get injured I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t score 20-25 goals this season.

Keane is the one who will to find something to get in the team or wait for an injury.

What criticism?

I've not heard any..??

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Were you at the same game? on 22:21 - Sep 28 with 2781 viewsunstableblue

Norwood then on 22:12 - Sep 28 by textbackup

he just looks so pissed off when he doesn't scored that I worry he'll get himself sent off.

not that theres any comfort in this for you, but today took me back to my childhood. Ipswich playing tranmere, goals, dodgy keeper chants, whole stadium singing at times. I grew up on those games

First off he did a huge amount off the ball as always.. and made some good passes, flicks

Yes he was frustrated on a number of occasions with some ball in the first half, and remonstrated a colleague, as you’d expect a senior player to do in the first half

But second half he was praising passes, shouldn’t have been too downhearted with his effort on a good but still difficult chance.

And he celebrating the goals and loving the North Stand as much as anyone.

He knows this is step-up and he is one of many good players. But I’m convinced he’ll be back in goals soon - who cares if he’s adding value and we’re winning - and we will decide on the best song and sing our fecking hearts out!!
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 22:22]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Norwood then on 22:23 - Sep 28 with 2738 viewsN2_Blue

Norwood then on 22:18 - Sep 28 by artsbossbeard

What criticism?

I've not heard any..??

There really has been plenty on here after games, and it surprises me

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Norwood then on 22:25 - Sep 28 with 2737 viewsunstableblue

All the best.

Thanks for your perspective.

You gave it a good go today, and won the first half in performance.

Funnily if you’d had Norwood you’d have really tested us and got more goals no doubt!!

Enjoy the season and good luck. What’s your ground like? Best away pub?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Norwood then on 22:26 - Sep 28 with 2713 viewsTranmerefan

Norwood then on 22:11 - Sep 28 by Dyland

Thought you were decent tbh. Certainly had the better of the first half. We've got that bit more individual quality and made it count in the end. The scoreline flattered us. Two cracking goals though.

Good luck for the season :)

Cheers Dyland.

I didn't go the game today but have seen the highlights. Looks like our keeper Davies could of been better with a few of the goals. He's had a bad habit since he signed (2015) of spilling long range shots infront of him and conceding goals. Cant complain to much about him though, hes normally solid and has been literally ever present last four (plus) seasons and a big part in TWO promotions.

We've been leaking goals and giving teams easy leads, especially at home. We aren't perfect at the back or upfront. What we do have though is a great spirit. We've recused plenty of points already from losing positions. Last weekend was great, two injury time goals to beat Burton 2-1. What an arrogant bunch their players and fans are btw.

It hasn't helped losing Morgan Ferrier for a few months to injury. He started to settle right in and scored a few goals. Looked dangerous. The striker (Payne) who scored against you today was pretty much a right off from Bristol Rovers we got on a free. To be fair to him though, hes done okay. Sometimes looks very lazy but hes scored 4 and also has 2 assists in 9 games, i'll take that.

Did a particular player of ours impress you today? I'd kill to have even half your budget. Although we have actually secured investment. But those funds aren't obviously available until January. Annoying and just hope we aren't adrift in the relegation zone when that time comes.

I think you lot can definitely secure top two this season. Sunderland and others aren't upto much and they are always under massive pressure at home. Peterborough obviously strong and im still surprised we got a draw against them, although our performance did deserve it!

Cheers.
Norwood then on 22:28 - Sep 28 with 2681 viewsArnieM

I th8nk we should all recognise that Norwood has made a step up in level and is still managing to score goals . He just needs a little bit of coaching for his one on ones. Defenders are better in League One compared to Two, so he needs advice about how best to beat the GK in that situation. He would be in double figures this season, had he been able to take his one on one opportunities. He’ll get there, he’s a natural finisher.

But a special mention for Jackson...... oh my , how he’s improving!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwood then on 22:31 - Sep 28 with 2640 viewsFixed_It

Norwood then on 22:15 - Sep 28 by jas0999

Sadly, Keane is veryveryinjury prone. Can’t be relied upon.

So was Didsy up until last season. You can't always write a player off on the basis of their past record. Keane is a class act, and if handled carefully might just put his injury troubles behind him.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Norwood then on 22:32 - Sep 28 with 2631 viewsFtnfwest

Our joint top scorer? That bloke?
Norwood then on 22:33 - Sep 28 with 2609 viewsartsbossbeard

Norwood then on 22:23 - Sep 28 by N2_Blue

There really has been plenty on here after games, and it surprises me

Really?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Norwood then on 22:33 - Sep 28 with 2615 viewsFixed_It

Norwood then on 22:28 - Sep 28 by ArnieM

I th8nk we should all recognise that Norwood has made a step up in level and is still managing to score goals . He just needs a little bit of coaching for his one on ones. Defenders are better in League One compared to Two, so he needs advice about how best to beat the GK in that situation. He would be in double figures this season, had he been able to take his one on one opportunities. He’ll get there, he’s a natural finisher.

But a special mention for Jackson...... oh my , how he’s improving!

Don't think he did much wrong with his chance today - keeper just read it right.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Norwood then on 22:33 - Sep 28 with 2620 viewsKieran_Knows

You’re not wrong about him being more than just goals. Did you see Monthe and Nelson (their centre backs). They look absolutely f*cked after 80 minutes. Norwood and Jackson had run them in to the ground.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Norwood then on 22:35 - Sep 28 with 2584 viewswkj

Sears and Jackson might be a little exciting. Hopefully his injury wont slow him down much, but ACLs are usually beggars.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Norwood then on 22:35 - Sep 28 with 2581 viewsFixed_It

Norwood then on 22:33 - Sep 28 by artsbossbeard

Really?

Must be in the news comments because not on here. And they are just weird over there.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Norwood then on 22:36 - Sep 28 with 2593 viewsTranmerefan

Norwood then on 22:25 - Sep 28 by unstableblue

Thanks for your perspective.

You gave it a good go today, and won the first half in performance.

Funnily if you’d had Norwood you’d have really tested us and got more goals no doubt!!

Enjoy the season and good luck. What’s your ground like? Best away pub?

Cheers unstableblue.

Our ground is actually a decent one for League One level, probably one of the best views of the game. That's the away fans opinions btw, not mine. The surrounding area is okay, and safe so no worries there. Don't get me wrong theres been trouble in the past outside, but that's when theres rival games and they come looking for trouble, Wrexham, Chester, the intense games really but I think that happens up and down the country many times. Tranmere and Ipswich though? Its fine and dandy. I think you'd quite like our stadium though, i'd rank it about 'mid table' if you get me.

Pubs? Plenty. You'll be okay in the Prenton Park (same name as stadium) which is located directly opposite the away end on the corner. Also the Birch Tree, although I think its changing its name back to the Mersey Clipper shortly which is located opposite the main stand (where the gates, Johnny King statue and new gates are). Its decent in there and again you wont have any issues. Theres few other pubs further up hill in 'Higher Tranmere' and few others walking up from Rock Ferry train station (popular walk up for away fans) but their not as friendly and active among away supporters.

Cheers.
Norwood then on 22:36 - Sep 28 with 2586 viewsKropotkin123

Norwood is great. Strikers come in and out of form. He has only had 10 games with his current team mates and in front of us. He will be smashing them in again soon enough.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Norwood then on 22:39 - Sep 28 with 2543 viewsDyland

Norwood then on 22:26 - Sep 28 by Tranmerefan

Cheers Dyland.

I didn't go the game today but have seen the highlights. Looks like our keeper Davies could of been better with a few of the goals. He's had a bad habit since he signed (2015) of spilling long range shots infront of him and conceding goals. Cant complain to much about him though, hes normally solid and has been literally ever present last four (plus) seasons and a big part in TWO promotions.

We've been leaking goals and giving teams easy leads, especially at home. We aren't perfect at the back or upfront. What we do have though is a great spirit. We've recused plenty of points already from losing positions. Last weekend was great, two injury time goals to beat Burton 2-1. What an arrogant bunch their players and fans are btw.

It hasn't helped losing Morgan Ferrier for a few months to injury. He started to settle right in and scored a few goals. Looked dangerous. The striker (Payne) who scored against you today was pretty much a right off from Bristol Rovers we got on a free. To be fair to him though, hes done okay. Sometimes looks very lazy but hes scored 4 and also has 2 assists in 9 games, i'll take that.

Did a particular player of ours impress you today? I'd kill to have even half your budget. Although we have actually secured investment. But those funds aren't obviously available until January. Annoying and just hope we aren't adrift in the relegation zone when that time comes.

I think you lot can definitely secure top two this season. Sunderland and others aren't upto much and they are always under massive pressure at home. Peterborough obviously strong and im still surprised we got a draw against them, although our performance did deserve it!

Cheers.

Payne looked okay. Danns has still got it! You played well as a team, without creating too many clear cut chances though. Think you'll be alright this season if you show the same grit as you have in the last couple of games. The highlights don't tell the whole story, though on the second half performance Town were good for the three points.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Norwood then on 22:42 - Sep 28 with 2533 viewsTranmerefan

Cheers textbackup.

Yeah Nors had plenty of games like that for us. Didn't score, got p1ssed off with himself and the oxygen around him etc, argued with the ref and the blade of grass by his feet. We still loved him though because it showed he cared. Funny enough his strike partner Andy Cook was the same so you can imagine two of them up top doing it and us watching. Always entertaining. I think Norwood only got sent off the once for us? Lincoln at home last season, two booking, the second for kicking the ball in net after linesman had given him offside, daft one from the ref. He proper pested refs and himself but it showed he cared.

To be honest ive got great comfort we got to play Ipswich away today, as playing Solihull, Welling and Maidstone away is still very fresh in the memory :) Haha.

Goodluck to the guys for the season, apart from the match at PP of course ;)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024