Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... 15:31 - Oct 18 with 16630 viewsitfcjoe

.....this is becoming an issue it seems.

A male born woman is the world champion in a track cycling event and defends that in Manchester on at the weekend. Canadian called Rachel McKinnon

https://news.sky.com/story/trans-cyclist-rachel-mckinnon-defends-her-right-to-ra

Also mentions in there a formerly male weightlifter who competed, who has now transitioned across to the women's side and won 2 gold's at the Pacific Games.

It can't just be me that thinks this is just ridiculous, it's not something that needs great debate surely - men have a huge physical advantage over women with the evidence being every sport in the world where men are faster, stronger and quicker.

When you look back at the 80s and see the lengths that the Eastern bloc would go to to win medals, and how heavily abused the women were with their hormone treatments which have turned a few into men later in life as they had so much testosterone it's obvious this will be abused.

And current case with Caster Semenya as well and her levels.

It does seem at the moment that trans rights just trump women's rights whilst everyone tries to be a bit too woke and not say the obvious.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:46 - Oct 18 with 1520 viewsMrEko2001

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:43 - Oct 18 by SpruceMoose

What you've posted does though.

Prove it
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:47 - Oct 18 with 1519 viewsSwailsey

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:02 - Oct 18 by MrEko2001

An easy rule to implement would be to have the following question: "Do you, or have you ever had, a penis?" If the answer to that question is "yes" then you cannot compete in women's sport.

Where will they complete?

Genuine question.

Presumably it works both ways and they then wouldn’t be suitable for male sports?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:49 - Oct 18 with 1510 viewsFtnfwest

We could surely have a multi gender relay in athletics or swimming if gender has to be the main consideration in everything now?
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:50 - Oct 18 with 1504 viewsSpruceMoose

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:46 - Oct 18 by MrEko2001

Prove it

"What about all the years spent growing into the strong bodied man they were, before they "became" a woman? They will have all the advantages of a man in a woman's sport. It's not on and can never be on."

Well you seem rather unsure about physical changes during transition. Therefore your whole argument is likely guff. Prove me wrong.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:50 - Oct 18 with 1501 viewsMrEko2001

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:47 - Oct 18 by Swailsey

Genuine question.

Presumably it works both ways and they then wouldn’t be suitable for male sports?

They'd compete in men's sport, if good enough.

If Andy Murray chopped his penis off and went on to win 10 Wimbledon Women's titles, it would seem extremely unfair, no? So it shouldn't be allowed to happen. He/she would have to remain playing the men.
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:51 - Oct 18 with 1497 viewsMullet

Here's transgender MMA fighter Fallon Fox.

She broke her opponents skull in this fight. You can read the wider article here https://bjj-world.com/transgender-mma-fighter-fallon-fox-breaks-skull-of-her-fem

To me, it's a safety issue as much as anything. But there are high school wrestlers in America where the sport is massive, also dominating as transgender athletes. I actually feel this an area where the trans lobby have become as bigoted as the people they are fighting against.

Some of the stuff on twitter (I believe Glinner has been a hate figure for a while now) beggars belief.

I actually think the only way to solve it is to splinter sports off into grass roots transgender competitions and let them grow or fail organically. There are women out there who deadly on the mats and in the gym, but it's an unwritten rule you go light and work technical abilities if you end up sparring or paired up with a women. The reasons are pretty obvious, as you don't want to hurt training partners.

The issues around hormones, replacement, and the bone density/body composition of those transitioning doesn't suddenly level that inequality.

In the last few years I've begun to teach more trans kids as young as 11, I'm not sure how something as simple as sports day might be handled as their population amongst the school students grows. It'll be interesting to say the least.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:51 - Oct 18 with 1492 viewsSpruceMoose

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:50 - Oct 18 by MrEko2001

They'd compete in men's sport, if good enough.

If Andy Murray chopped his penis off and went on to win 10 Wimbledon Women's titles, it would seem extremely unfair, no? So it shouldn't be allowed to happen. He/she would have to remain playing the men.

Are you aware that there's more to transitioning than surgically removing a penis?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:56 - Oct 18 with 1489 viewscaught-in-limbo

The solution is so obvious that I'm not going to entertain the predictable goons who insist I elaborate. The reason we are where we are today is because good people are afraid to speak out for fear of being labelled transphobic. It's essentially an attack on free speech. The situation will worsen until society starts to grow up. I'm not hugely optimistic, though.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Login to get fewer ads

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:57 - Oct 18 with 1475 viewsJ2BLUE

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:47 - Oct 18 by Swailsey

Genuine question.

I don't think that question changes the answer to should they compete with women in sports where strength is a massive advantage? I don't know what the answer is. Probably as Mullet says, transgender competitions as there doesn't seem to be any other option.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:57 - Oct 18 with 1475 viewsSpruceMoose

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:56 - Oct 18 by caught-in-limbo

The solution is so obvious that I'm not going to entertain the predictable goons who insist I elaborate. The reason we are where we are today is because good people are afraid to speak out for fear of being labelled transphobic. It's essentially an attack on free speech. The situation will worsen until society starts to grow up. I'm not hugely optimistic, though.

Ok bub. Thanks for the contribution. Next!

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:59 - Oct 18 with 1463 viewsfooters

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:57 - Oct 18 by SpruceMoose

Ok bub. Thanks for the contribution. Next!

*waits for fascism will come in the form of anti-fascism for the millionth time*

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:59 - Oct 18 with 1461 viewsJ2BLUE

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:56 - Oct 18 by caught-in-limbo

Agree.

Truly impaired.

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:00 - Oct 18 with 1450 viewsm14_blue

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 16:33 - Oct 18 by J2BLUE

It's very simple, it should not be allowed. One of the arguments frequently used on here in trans debates is that gender and sex are not the same thing. You can respect someone's gender identity while using a bit of common sense when it comes to things like this.

I’m not sure how anyone could disagree with that.
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:04 - Oct 18 with 1422 viewsgiant_stow

Somewhat unconmfortably for you, you appear to be in the majority on this one.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:05 - Oct 18 with 1418 viewsMrEko2001

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:51 - Oct 18 by SpruceMoose

Are you aware that there's more to transitioning than surgically removing a penis?

Yes
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:05 - Oct 18 with 1415 viewsjeera

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:04 - Oct 18 by giant_stow

That's mainstream for ya.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:08 - Oct 18 with 1405 viewsgiant_stow

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:05 - Oct 18 by jeera

That's mainstream for ya.

the place needs a new left fielder - cil has matured into a boring centrist.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 18:09]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:08 - Oct 18 with 1401 viewsJ2BLUE

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:08 - Oct 18 by giant_stow

the place needs a new left fielder - cil has matured into a boring centrist.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 18:09]

Or you lot have finally got something right?

Truly impaired.

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:10 - Oct 18 with 1397 viewscaught-in-limbo

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 17:59 - Oct 18 by J2BLUE

Agree.

Thanks.

All those saying it's complicated because there are important human rights issues at stake will change their tune the minute Russia decides to start a state run transexual athletics program.

It's not about human rights at all.

#toxic

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:10 - Oct 18 with 1391 viewsgiant_stow

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:08 - Oct 18 by J2BLUE

Or you lot have finally got something right?

Centrists? Part of being a centrist dad is that we're always right.

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:12 - Oct 18 with 1381 viewscaught-in-limbo

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:04 - Oct 18 by giant_stow

A year from now I'll still have the same opinion and Ill be in the minority.

#toxic

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:14 - Oct 18 with 1367 viewsJ2BLUE

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:12 - Oct 18 by caught-in-limbo

A year from now I'll still have the same opinion and Ill be in the minority.

And sitting next to me, Eko and Chico at the re-education camp.

Truly impaired.

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:16 - Oct 18 with 1364 viewscaught-in-limbo

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:14 - Oct 18 by J2BLUE

And sitting next to me, Eko and Chico at the re-education camp.

You could say "fascism will come in the name of anti-fascism".

#toxic

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:23 - Oct 18 with 1349 viewsMrEko2001

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:16 - Oct 18 by caught-in-limbo

You could say "fascism will come in the name of anti-fascism".

I can't help but notice that the woke folk on this thread are yet to suggest an answer to this one.
Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:33 - Oct 18 with 1331 viewscaught-in-limbo

Transgender women competing in women's sports.... on 18:23 - Oct 18 by MrEko2001

I can't help but notice that the woke folk on this thread are yet to suggest an answer to this one.

They don't have to. All they have to do is mock those who apply common sense until they are silenced.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024