Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? 18:00 - Nov 28 with 9381 viewsPippin1970

We have to choose through a catalogue. Load of them are rubbish apart from the beer packs.
Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 22:00 - Nov 28 with 2241 viewsitfcjoe

At my old job we used to get a Kelly’s Bronze turkey which was a lovely touch, then changed to either a turkey or a hamper of local goods - prob worth about £100. Was handy as my sister used to get a turkey from her work so we didn’t end up with two and have to find someone who wanted our spare

Edit - at current job we just put on a decent sized do for our contractors and employees, and I get given a load of booze from people we give work to
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 22:01]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 22:27 - Nov 28 with 2209 viewsDubtractor

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 21:17 - Nov 28 by WD19

You are the mystical ‘top 5%’. Def info.

I bloody wish.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 22:28 - Nov 28 with 2208 viewswkj

Best bonus I got was about £2k worth of air miles. I can't begin to quantify how many dream trips to Hemsby that netted me.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 22:39 - Nov 28 with 2189 viewsLRB84UK

Nope. NHS worker here. No sort of bonus, we have to fund our christmas doo aswell. If we're super lucky we get extra pay, all we have to do is go in at the weekends or our days off!
Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 22:44 - Nov 28 with 2182 viewshoppy

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 18:20 - Nov 28 by factual_blue

Whilst we never got Christmas bonuses in the Civil Service, our exemption from Income Tax compensated for that.

You spelled “...exemption from doing any work” wrongly.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 22:53 - Nov 28 with 2168 viewshoppy

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 21:23 - Nov 28 by Warkystache

F*ck me, do I? Each manager gets £10k cash, the company pays for our staff Xmas dinner and the champagne at an exclusive restaurant, they pour a whole pound of charlie on the cisterns of each toilet and provide fifty pound notes to snort it up with, then, following the cheese board on our 16 course Michelin-starred dinner, we get a brochure where we choose which high-class prostitute we fancy to provide the entertainment.

And for those who can't get wood, Pam Ayres does a personal recital of her best poetry and then The Moody Blues play a selection of their hits while Mike Bushell and Natasha Kerplunksky do a graceful American smooth. Then it's mugs of Ovaltine.

I can’t believe they would give you mugs of ovaltine.

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 09:20 - Nov 29 with 2080 viewsPippin1970

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 20:56 - Nov 28 by Oxford_Blue

Yes about £3,000

Lol I'm sure you do.
Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 09:26 - Nov 29 with 2077 viewsElephantintheRoom

I got a heating allowance from all you tax payers. Thank you. I spent it on cheese

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 09:40 - Nov 29 with 2074 viewsusm

No, never have, and Ive never really understood it, esp the bonus bit - surely thats earned whether its Christmas or not.
I can understand the gift thing, just about, but why would your employer get you a gift for Christmas??? Do they send a card as well?
Maybe a decent bottle of wine or some chocolates, but other than that, just pay me what Im due.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 11:29 - Nov 29 with 2056 viewsjontysnut

worked at an accountants in Ipswich early 80s where you got something in line with seniority. As I was the lowest of the low I got a dead partridge or pheasant or something that my mum didn't know what to do with so we had a Bernard Matthews instead.
Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 11:33 - Nov 29 with 2052 viewschicoazul

Nothing now as I work for myself but when I worked for a large corporate on Fenchurch Street our Director gave 4 of us directions to a brothel he regularly used and told us to quote his name when booking for a 25% discount and CIM. We went to the pub instead. True story.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 11:45 - Nov 29 with 2044 viewsSikamikanico

For the various firms I worked for.....

#1 - No bonus but firm lunchtime Xmas do and our manager took us out as well
#2 - £50 in cash (later changed to a net £50 added to salary) and an evening Christmas do.
#3 - Evening Xmas do only
#4 - This was abysmal. In Cambridge. Was decided to do a river cruise on the Cam on a barge which had a disco, cheap looking buffet and buy own drinks. Drinks were expensive and no one wanted to buy any so the bosses eventually paid for it. Plus it was in the evening and therefore dark so the river cruise was a waste of time. They did pay for my hotel though
#5 - two boxes of chocolates or two bottle of wine. Paid for own Xmas do but managers bought first drink
#6 and current - Xmas do from midday with beer paid for until the boss goes home
Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 11:54 - Nov 29 with 2035 viewsSouperJim

An attendance-mandatory jolly up with free bar that, as I'm unable to use public transport to get to work, I can't take advantage of. Humbug.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 11:55 - Nov 29 with 2032 viewsDyland

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 09:40 - Nov 29 by usm

No, never have, and Ive never really understood it, esp the bonus bit - surely thats earned whether its Christmas or not.
I can understand the gift thing, just about, but why would your employer get you a gift for Christmas??? Do they send a card as well?
Maybe a decent bottle of wine or some chocolates, but other than that, just pay me what Im due.

suymfs

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 11:57 - Nov 29 with 2030 viewsOldsmoker

I've received £10 from the Pension Service (DWP) in respect of my 2019 Christmas bonus.
Thanks for the money but "in respect of my 2019 Christams bonus" seems a strange sort of wording.
A "best wishes" would have been welcome but I suppose that would be out of character for the DWP.
At least that avoided the "We are required to give you this by law but if we had our way we'd make you claim for this on-line using an impossible to fill in web page."

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 11:57 - Nov 29 with 2029 viewsSwansea_Blue

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 20:29 - Nov 28 by Dubtractor

Same here, though public sector rather than charity.

As a manager I even get the privilege to contribute to the drinks fund for the team, so as far from getting a free Christmas do as possible!

Same here now, public sector. And yep, the team bar bill payer

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 11:59 - Nov 29 with 2027 viewsSikamikanico

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 09:40 - Nov 29 by usm

Some employers pay bonuses based on performance/profits and they probable choose to pay these at Christmas as for many its an expensive time of year.
Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 12:03 - Nov 29 with 2023 viewsSwansea_Blue

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 11:59 - Nov 29 by Sikamikanico

Some employers pay bonuses based on performance/profits and they probable choose to pay these at Christmas as for many its an expensive time of year.

If only Phil_TWTD paid out bonuses on performance.... we’d do alright I reckon.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 12:27 - Nov 29 with 2002 viewshoppy

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 12:03 - Nov 29 by Swansea_Blue

If only Phil_TWTD paid out bonuses on performance.... we’d do alright I reckon.

Some more than others, obviously.

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 13:03 - Nov 29 with 1972 viewsMeadowlark

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 11:59 - Nov 29 by Sikamikanico

We used to get an annual performance bonus paid at Christmas. That was great when I was young, poor and performing well. £500 cash for Xmas 1981!
The Christmas do was always paid for by the company, at lunchtime and usually only one or two free drinks. Although the afteroon was written off of course.
Later on, the "Christmas bonus" became a percentage of taxable salary, and even later it became the same for everyone based upon company profit. A couple of poor years resulted in no bonus, and on at least one occasion (as a manager now, not a pleb) I "had" to contribute to the cost.
Don't the government offer £25.00/per head against tax for a Xmas party?
I'm retired now, so I have to get my own drinks.
Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 13:07 - Nov 29 with 1963 viewswkj

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 13:03 - Nov 29 by Meadowlark

We used to get an annual performance bonus paid at Christmas. That was great when I was young, poor and performing well. £500 cash for Xmas 1981!
The Christmas do was always paid for by the company, at lunchtime and usually only one or two free drinks. Although the afteroon was written off of course.
Later on, the "Christmas bonus" became a percentage of taxable salary, and even later it became the same for everyone based upon company profit. A couple of poor years resulted in no bonus, and on at least one occasion (as a manager now, not a pleb) I "had" to contribute to the cost.
Don't the government offer £25.00/per head against tax for a Xmas party?
I'm retired now, so I have to get my own drinks.

I know the government issue a £10 bonus for christmas on employment and support allowance, so I would hope they match or better that for the staff Christmas bonus.

Crybaby

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 13:15 - Nov 29 with 1933 viewsChiefXL

My firm used to give six weeks bonus at Christmas and two weeks in June with a large party paid for.

Now we have to pay for our own party and if we're lucky we get a £100 voucher.

Sigh....
Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 13:20 - Nov 29 with 1919 viewswkj

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 13:15 - Nov 29 by ChiefXL

My firm used to give six weeks bonus at Christmas and two weeks in June with a large party paid for.

Now we have to pay for our own party and if we're lucky we get a £100 voucher.

Sigh....

Talking of vouchers, a good friend of the board text me last night showing WalMart's glorious generosity for staff who worked thanksgiving...

15% additional company discount for 2 days in December if they fulfill their shift obligations over the thanksgiving period. What a lovely thought, gifting people incentive to spend more money with the company they work for :'D

Crybaby

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 13:22 - Nov 29 with 1915 viewsChiefXL

Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 13:20 - Nov 29 by wkj

Talking of vouchers, a good friend of the board text me last night showing WalMart's glorious generosity for staff who worked thanksgiving...

15% additional company discount for 2 days in December if they fulfill their shift obligations over the thanksgiving period. What a lovely thought, gifting people incentive to spend more money with the company they work for :'D

Cheaper guns!
Do you get a Christmas gift or bonus at work? on 16:40 - Dec 17 with 1686 viewshandsomebob9

Of course! Award and blessing kick in the ass https://www.findmeagift.co.uk/gifts/stress-bum.html
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024