Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Idiots” 08:50 - Jan 19 with 7277 viewsSwailsey

Who do we think he’s referring to do you think?

There wasn’t much criticism from the wider media was there, so I’m assuming local press or fans?

“We’ve had one or two blips, a few draws but people went over the top with it, people went over the top, didn’t have a clue what was going on. We’re going to get the idiots but I guess that’d people who don’t know the game.”

Great win, settled team, COYB.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

“Idiots” on 09:50 - Jan 19 with 3141 viewsr2d2

“Idiots” on 09:04 - Jan 19 by Kieran_Knows

Slowly morphing in to Mick with some of his comments.

Just received this from a mate, and I would say it’s fairly spot on;
Fed up of the fan base being made to look like fickle bastards constantly. Not many fan bases would have put up with the sh*t for such a prolonged period like our fans have and still get 17,000+ at home and over a 1,000+ away

That is spot on.
“Idiots” on 09:54 - Jan 19 with 3137 viewsChrisd

“Idiots” on 09:05 - Jan 19 by itfcjoe

Most ‘idiots’ have been calling for an end to chopping and changing the formation and team every game. He deserved the criticism he got.

He deserved praise for where we were before the bad run, and our improved performances in 2020 - but that run was awful and the criticisms have been rectified more than anything

Funny how he stops chopping and changing formation and personnel and we're looking far better and getting a few wins along the way. Perhaps the 'idiots' he's referring to actually know what they are talking about?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 10:23]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

“Idiots” on 10:05 - Jan 19 with 3105 viewsLeoMuff

“Idiots” on 09:54 - Jan 19 by Chrisd

Funny how he stops chopping and changing formation and personnel and we're looking far better and getting a few wins along the way. Perhaps the 'idiots' he's referring to actually know what they are talking about?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 10:23]

I think this is the issue here, the man clearly has a substantial ego, you only need to look at his pressers to see that with constant reference to his career and achievements

I think the calling out of his rotation policy and the subsequent improvements have dented his ego, and nobody can keep a straight face and say that run of form wasn’t that bad, we were the worst team in the league for a quarter of the season with the most talented and expensive squad

He should look at MM and take note, calling people names will win you no friends.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

“Idiots” on 10:19 - Jan 19 with 3097 viewsfactual_blue

He's referring to 'people who don't know the game'.

Anybody outraged by his comment probably falls within his definition.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

“Idiots” on 10:27 - Jan 19 with 3066 viewsBlueBadger

“Idiots” on 09:04 - Jan 19 by Kieran_Knows

Slowly morphing in to Mick with some of his comments.

Just received this from a mate, and I would say it’s fairly spot on;
Fed up of the fan base being made to look like fickle bastards constantly. Not many fan bases would have put up with the sh*t for such a prolonged period like our fans have and still get 17,000+ at home and over a 1,000+ away

Hopefully, he'll also morph into Mick and by starting to look halfway competent.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

“Idiots” on 10:45 - Jan 19 with 3033 viewswitchdoctor

“Idiots” on 09:00 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

That was his Mick numbskulls moment but unlike Mick he seems to have got away with it despite being an inferior manager.

“Idiots” on 10:47 - Jan 19 with 3032 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

“Idiots” on 09:30 - Jan 19 by itfcjoe

We were literally bottom of the form table, how is that run not that bad?

I agree.

Disappointed in the comment by PL, and I think he should rise above it all.

I'd love to see a manager just enjoying a win, not points scoring (apart from in the table of course!)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

“Idiots” on 10:49 - Jan 19 with 3040 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Confidentially, I happen to know he was specifically referring to factual_blue and MrTown.

But that's a secret.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 10:49]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

“Idiots” on 11:16 - Jan 19 with 3005 viewsghostofescobar

And how does he get to hear about these “idiots”? Does that mean he trawls social media? Or is he just referring to one or two journo’s? Surely if he’s referring to fans he can only find out the moaning via social media?

GhostOfEscobar

“Idiots” on 11:22 - Jan 19 with 2999 viewsGaryCooper

“Idiots” on 09:14 - Jan 19 by Garv

I think some people did go over the top with it. Saying things like ‘we’re sinking fast’, ‘we’ll never win the league now’ and ‘this league is terrible, with our squad we should walk it’...which was all nonsense.

The run of results were really not that bad. How we played during the run was more concerning, so criticism was deserved for that, and the rotation should have been stopped earlier. I guess it’s difficult to know whether Lambert is directing that at journos or fans that he’s had contact with, but as Watson said recently he generally relays what the fans are saying through his pieces.

We were dreadful, we have the best squad when fit in this division by a distance, we were hugely underperforming, that was down to mismanagement, it was pointed out that a settled team not rotation, is the way to get out of this division, PL has heeded that advice, it would seem.
“Idiots” on 11:32 - Jan 19 with 2993 viewsunstableblue

Stuart Watson? 30% of this message board who were inferring Lambert was incompetent and that we hadn’t ever played any decent football under him?

Either way it’s not a good move by Lambert; he deserved some criticism for the rotation, albeit Huws / Bishop were not fully ready and the right back issue unsettled the balance, also the squad is unbalanced with too many good centres mids. But not worth engaging negatively. Prove yourself with how the team performs and how you set them up.

Your change to get Downes forward second half, and the feedback from Norris on your managerial approach is the type of activity that will win people over.

I’m still not 100% convinced Lambert has the technical approach we need to do really well. But my God I’m enjoying the improved passing. Best Lincoln well and the something at Rotherham and we’ll all be rocking!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

“Idiots” on 11:35 - Jan 19 with 2973 viewsKeaneish

“Idiots” on 10:27 - Jan 19 by BlueBadger

Hopefully, he'll also morph into Mick and by starting to look halfway competent.

If PL were incompetent he’d be out of a job or we’d be outside of the top 6. I’d say he’s more than competent given where we are, how strong and cohesive we’re starting to look heading into the final third of the season. Any parallels to Mick are non-sensical at the moment surely?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

“Idiots” on 11:37 - Jan 19 with 2974 viewsDyland

“Idiots” on 11:32 - Jan 19 by unstableblue

Stuart Watson? 30% of this message board who were inferring Lambert was incompetent and that we hadn’t ever played any decent football under him?

Either way it’s not a good move by Lambert; he deserved some criticism for the rotation, albeit Huws / Bishop were not fully ready and the right back issue unsettled the balance, also the squad is unbalanced with too many good centres mids. But not worth engaging negatively. Prove yourself with how the team performs and how you set them up.

Your change to get Downes forward second half, and the feedback from Norris on your managerial approach is the type of activity that will win people over.

I’m still not 100% convinced Lambert has the technical approach we need to do really well. But my God I’m enjoying the improved passing. Best Lincoln well and the something at Rotherham and we’ll all be rocking!!

"30% of this message board who were inferring Lambert was incompetent and that we hadn’t ever played any decent football under him?"

Pleeeease. As if a third of posters were being that polemic. The majority of fans questioning the chopping and changing were simply questioning just that, and weren't suggesting we'd been crap all the time under Lambert.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

“Idiots” on 11:38 - Jan 19 with 2967 viewsHerbivore

“Idiots” on 10:45 - Jan 19 by witchdoctor

Not sure what's funny, mate. Calling the fans criticising him 'idiots' is very similar to Mick calling them 'numbskulls'. Most are ignoring or brushing this off, he's got away with it. Mick was clearly a better manager. Why laugh at truth?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

“Idiots” on 11:41 - Jan 19 with 2962 viewsWonky

“Idiots” on 09:35 - Jan 19 by RonFearonsHair

It does sometimes feel as though he must spend his evenings reading this board and getting wound up by it.

I'll back the manager and see where we are in May. The silent majority are the same.
“Idiots” on 11:46 - Jan 19 with 2944 viewsHerbivore

“Idiots” on 11:35 - Jan 19 by Keaneish

If PL were incompetent he’d be out of a job or we’d be outside of the top 6. I’d say he’s more than competent given where we are, how strong and cohesive we’re starting to look heading into the final third of the season. Any parallels to Mick are non-sensical at the moment surely?

Quite, Lambert needs to prove himself in the Championship before we can make comparisons with Mick really.

“Idiots” on 12:08 - Jan 19 with 2902 viewsKeaneish

“Idiots” on 11:46 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

Quite, Lambert needs to prove himself in the Championship before we can make comparisons with Mick really.

Agree although he has won the Championship as has Mick so they’re both clearly competent at that level. I’ll reserve judgement on a Mick vs PL comparison until PL’s done a full season with us back at that level.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

“Idiots” on 12:12 - Jan 19 with 2905 viewsBlueBadger

“Idiots” on 11:37 - Jan 19 by Dyland

"30% of this message board who were inferring Lambert was incompetent and that we hadn’t ever played any decent football under him?"

Pleeeease. As if a third of posters were being that polemic. The majority of fans questioning the chopping and changing were simply questioning just that, and weren't suggesting we'd been crap all the time under Lambert.

We haven't been crap ALL of the time under Lambert, we've been crap for the vast majority of his tenure.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

“Idiots” on 12:14 - Jan 19 with 2898 viewsArnieM

“Idiots” on 09:00 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

That was his Mick numbskulls moment but unlike Mick he seems to have got away with it despite being an inferior manager.

Well I know which football team I’d prefer to watch , and it isn’t McCarthy’s boring shyte I can tell you. Stick 10 outfield players behind the ball, play “ possession,” tippy tappy ,in your own half football, culminating in hooooof ? Do me a favour. If that’s “ superior” football you’re welcome to it .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

“Idiots” on 12:16 - Jan 19 with 2890 viewsTrequartista

It's a good question, I wouldn't think he reads here and on twitter where there were calls for his head, whereas the press didn't go that strong.

It's interesting how the idiots are the same to Lambert as the numbskulls were to McCarthy, yet I wouldn't think there are any people in the venn diagram intersection such is our tribal approach to managers.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

“Idiots” on 12:18 - Jan 19 with 2892 viewsfactual_blue

And they were, of course, implying incompetence, not inferring it.

But you and I know that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

“Idiots” on 12:21 - Jan 19 with 2888 viewsMrTown

Media I think, some fans likewise, some on here, Twitter and probably at the ground, all culpable of going OTT.

Bare in my mind we haven't dropped below 5th all season.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

“Idiots” on 12:23 - Jan 19 with 2888 viewsunstableblue

Alright 15% then.

I can happily go back and post some of them back if you like? But that’s all a bit pointless.

But hey, if you actually read my post I’m not suggesting Lambert is right, and also I’d say much of the criticism was the board was valid. And for me the Rotherham and Boxing Day displays were completely unacceptable. Albeit some of that has to be the players responsibility.

Who cares? It’s all looking a lot better, let’s back the team and the manager and see where we end up! COYB

“Idiots” on 12:37 - Jan 19 with 2881 viewsunstableblue

“Idiots” on 12:18 - Jan 19 by factual_blue

And they were, of course, implying incompetence, not inferring it.

But you and I know that.

PEDANT ALERT

I felt infer was more appropriate as posters who were posting that Lambert was incompetent were stating the evidence that our earlier good form was due to it being a ‘sh!t league’ and our 1-1 streak last season was ‘sideaways tippy tippy sh!t’ rather than potentially a manager with a clue.

Anyway - I think you need to read my post which was just a response to who Lambert might be referring to. And also I still have reservations about the guy. Which I think is balanced.

Let’s all move on together - skipping hand in hand down a magical blue path to promotion

infer
/ɪnˈfəː/
Learn to pronounce
verb
deduce or conclude (something) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements.
"from these facts we can infer that crime has been increasing"

imply
/ɪmˈplʌɪ/
Learn to pronounce
verb
indicate the truth or existence of (something) by suggestion rather than explicit reference.

“Idiots” on 13:07 - Jan 19 with 2841 viewsHerbivore

“Idiots” on 12:14 - Jan 19 by ArnieM

Well I know which football team I’d prefer to watch , and it isn’t McCarthy’s boring shyte I can tell you. Stick 10 outfield players behind the ball, play “ possession,” tippy tappy ,in your own half football, culminating in hooooof ? Do me a favour. If that’s “ superior” football you’re welcome to it .

On at least two occasions this season we've failed to have a shot on target at home. In the third tier.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024