Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've turned 13:43 - Jan 27 with 10095 viewsLord_Lucan

I've just eaten a vegan sausage roll.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I've turned on 17:09 - Jan 27 with 2539 viewsJ2BLUE

I've turned on 14:42 - Jan 27 by giant_stow

I've been wonderring about the ethics of meat and have a question for any passing vegans:

IS there any thought on just eating a tiny bit of animal in any one meal? And on how many animals have to die to make that possible?

Ie: eating a prawn starter means lots of beings die for not much 'bang' in a meal, whereas having a little bit of ground beef on a pizza means one larger animal's death is potentially 'spent' on many people's meals.

I'm not trying to be a wvnker - been wonderring about this being my contribution to the cause.

I remember hearing about a vegan debate where the meat eaters said if you want to save animals eat beef not chicken etc.

It's an interesting point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I've turned on 17:17 - Jan 27 with 2520 viewschicoazul

I've turned on 17:09 - Jan 27 by J2BLUE

I remember hearing about a vegan debate where the meat eaters said if you want to save animals eat beef not chicken etc.

It's an interesting point.

If you want to save animals like chickens cows sheep and pigs then you need to eat them, otherwise they will very quickly die out as they have no utility other than as food, sheep excepted (although vegans I believe won't wear wool).

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I've turned on 17:36 - Jan 27 with 2500 viewsJ2BLUE

I've turned on 17:17 - Jan 27 by chicoazul

If you want to save animals like chickens cows sheep and pigs then you need to eat them, otherwise they will very quickly die out as they have no utility other than as food, sheep excepted (although vegans I believe won't wear wool).

I find that a really odd argument. Why do humans think it's better to be bred for food than going extinct (which they wouldn't anyway with zoos etc).

Truly impaired.

I've turned on 17:36 - Jan 27 with 2493 viewsGlasgowBlue

I've turned on 16:41 - Jan 27 by BiGDonnie

I go out of my way to avoid vegan food and actively bully the vegans at work.

Do you contaminate their coffee with your meat?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I've turned on 17:42 - Jan 27 with 2478 viewschicoazul

I've turned on 17:36 - Jan 27 by J2BLUE

I find that a really odd argument. Why do humans think it's better to be bred for food than going extinct (which they wouldn't anyway with zoos etc).

I think it's true though. If we didnt eat those particular animals, the most popular ones that we eat so cows chickens pigs etc, they would die out because they have no utility for humans otherwise and if we did indeed only eat plants, we would need to exterminate them or run the risk of them eating our food. You can make similar arguments for big game hunting in Africa and the USA. You may not care about those animals going extinct (although it might lead to foxes wolves bears etc dying off too ((no prey animals))) which is fair enough of course.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I've turned on 17:48 - Jan 27 with 2462 viewseireblue

I've been wonderring about the ethics of meat and have a question for any passing vegans:

IS there any thought on just eating a tiny bit of animal in any one meal? And on how many animals have to die to make that possible?

Ie: eating a prawn starter means lots of beings die for not much 'bang' in a meal, whereas having a little bit of ground beef on a pizza means one larger animal's death is potentially 'spent' on many people's meals.

I'm not trying to be a wvnker - been wonderring about this being my contribution to the cause.

I don’t think there is an “ethics of meat” with respect to being a vegan.

There is ethics related to equal consideration.
I've turned on 17:51 - Jan 27 with 2457 viewseireblue

I've turned on 17:36 - Jan 27 by J2BLUE

Zoos?

Oh,....you mean animal prisons.

I've turned on 17:54 - Jan 27 with 2448 viewsOldsmoker

Are Prawns beings?
They're bottom feeders, eating the detritus on the sea bed.
That's why you must boil them because they are rife with bacteria.
A raw prawn could could make you very ill.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

I've turned on 18:14 - Jan 27 with 2428 viewsLord_Lucan

I've turned on 17:54 - Jan 27 by Oldsmoker

Are Prawns beings?
They're bottom feeders, eating the detritus on the sea bed.
That's why you must boil them because they are rife with bacteria.
A raw prawn could could make you very ill.

Most prawns you eat are freshwater prawns farmed in Thailand.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I've turned on 06:58 - Jan 28 with 2309 viewsblueconscience

Was it the Greggs one?

If so, did it really taste just like the meat one like they claim?

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

WHAT on 07:00 - Jan 28 with 2307 viewsEly_Blue

WHAT on 14:20 - Jan 27 by artsbossbeard

The meatless meatballs at Subway are where's it at, fast food-wise.

As long as you realise just how much sugar is in them compared to the standard meatballs!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

WHAT on 07:42 - Jan 28 with 2273 viewsartsbossbeard

WHAT on 07:00 - Jan 28 by Ely_Blue

As long as you realise just how much sugar is in them compared to the standard meatballs!

I'm fine with that.

No animal died for my lunch.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

WHAT on 08:59 - Jan 28 with 2235 viewsHARRY10

WHAT on 14:17 - Jan 27 by Lord_Lucan

Fear not Dyland, I won't be getting another - it wasn't nasty or anything, it just tasted of ...... nothing.

I also got one for my grandson but since eating it half an hour ago he has developed a cold and has started talking inane nonsense - which is doubly amazing as he can't talk yet.

He has also started walking a bit mincy.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 14:28]

yes, any male not eating meat must be a bit effiminate

it;s almist as if Jim Davidson had not passed on
I've turned on 11:20 - Jan 28 with 2185 viewsr2d2

Me and my misses have been eating a lot more veggie substitute stuff over the last couple of years. We still eat meat about once or twice a week, mainly chicken, as going completely meat free is a no no as we both agree. But, meat free sausages, meat free pasties, Quorn mince etc we use a lot.
I've turned on 11:27 - Jan 28 with 2175 viewsKieran_Knows

I watched Game Changes on Netflix before Xmas and after that I thought I'd give going Vegan for a week a go. It was actually quite alright, had some decent meals, although I don't think I could do it full time.

Part time Veganism all the way, though.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I've turned on 12:41 - Jan 28 with 2142 viewsmonytowbray

I've turned on 17:42 - Jan 27 by chicoazul

I think it's true though. If we didnt eat those particular animals, the most popular ones that we eat so cows chickens pigs etc, they would die out because they have no utility for humans otherwise and if we did indeed only eat plants, we would need to exterminate them or run the risk of them eating our food. You can make similar arguments for big game hunting in Africa and the USA. You may not care about those animals going extinct (although it might lead to foxes wolves bears etc dying off too ((no prey animals))) which is fair enough of course.

Most animals people eat have been made for the purpose of eating, via selective breeding, feed and pumping them with god knows what chemicals. The only thing that "may" go extinct would be the ungodly evolution of what humans created.

It would be highly unlikely though.

Every time I see someone make the VEGANS ARE MAKING ANIMALS GO EXTINCT card my palm goes straight to my face. For a start, it's not an original or new one, despite most people making these points think they are and they've just come up with the ultimate CHECK MATE.

As for the sausage roll, I genuinely think the Greggs vegan one is nicer than the meat one. As someone earlier said, it's considerably less greasy.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I've turned on 12:48 - Jan 28 with 2128 viewsReuser_is_God

I've turned on 11:27 - Jan 28 by Kieran_Knows

I watched Game Changes on Netflix before Xmas and after that I thought I'd give going Vegan for a week a go. It was actually quite alright, had some decent meals, although I don't think I could do it full time.

Part time Veganism all the way, though.

What's your routine?

Weekdays vegan & weekends normal? Or just random?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I've turned on 12:50 - Jan 28 with 2124 viewsKieran_Knows

I've turned on 12:48 - Jan 28 by Reuser_is_God

What's your routine?

Weekdays vegan & weekends normal? Or just random?

Yes buh, spot on. Weekdays Vegan, then weekends normal (started again this week after a bit of a lull over Xmas and in to the New Year.....).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

WHAT on 12:52 - Jan 28 with 2118 viewsGaryCooper

WHAT on 08:59 - Jan 28 by HARRY10

it;s almist as if Jim Davidson had not passed on'

Passed on to where?
WHAT on 13:03 - Jan 28 with 2088 viewsmonytowbray

WHAT on 08:59 - Jan 28 by HARRY10

I did see this post and again wondered why no one bats an eyelid when certain posters say stuff that is unarguably taboo and stereotypically discriminative yet I can get a 12 page thread calling me the worst c*nt on earth for asking for someone with a van to do me a favour or saying parents shouldn't take their kids to adult establishments if they can't behave.

But I'm just making it up and playing victim as usual or something.

:S

Also isn't Davidson still alive?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 13:05]

TWTD never forgets…

I've turned on 13:07 - Jan 28 with 2077 viewsJ2BLUE

Just had an almond milk latte. Bloody awful.

Hurry up and get oat milk Costa.

Truly impaired.

I've turned on 13:08 - Jan 28 with 2068 viewsmonytowbray

I've turned on 13:07 - Jan 28 by J2BLUE

Just had an almond milk latte. Bloody awful.

Hurry up and get oat milk Costa.

The mistake you made is having any form of milk in coffee.

I always get that, people assume I ask for black coffee as I'm vegan and reassure me they have non-dairy milk. I've drank black coffee since I was 23.

TWTD never forgets…

WHAT on 13:11 - Jan 28 with 2057 viewsfooters

WHAT on 13:03 - Jan 28 by monytowbray

I did see this post and again wondered why no one bats an eyelid when certain posters say stuff that is unarguably taboo and stereotypically discriminative yet I can get a 12 page thread calling me the worst c*nt on earth for asking for someone with a van to do me a favour or saying parents shouldn't take their kids to adult establishments if they can't behave.

All right, Balotelli.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

WHAT on 13:13 - Jan 28 with 2045 viewsmonytowbray

WHAT on 13:11 - Jan 28 by footers

All right, Balotelli.

Exactly.

TWTD never forgets…

WHAT on 13:23 - Jan 28 with 2028 viewsHARRY10

WHAT on 13:03 - Jan 28 by monytowbray

"Also isn't Davidson still alive?"

is he, there's a shame

otherwise I haven't a clue about what the rest of your post is about
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024