Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Winners” 06:15 - Jan 31 with 6071 viewsBlueNomad

Celebrate your hollow win tonight. You are about to embark on the same long losing run as the rest of us. (50 years according to JRM).
“Winners” on 10:10 - Jan 31 with 2303 viewsr2d2

“Winners” on 10:04 - Jan 31 by HARRY10

But it is not about people changing there minds, it is about finally realising what they wanted is not going to happen ... as the past few weeks have clearly shown.

The last week has proved nothing so far. Most people who voted are still happy. The vote would still go the same way now. And in 5 years time, Boris will still get in again because his majority is too much for Labour to make up, they are still divided and in a huge mess and simply do not have any clue as to what they want.
“Winners” on 10:10 - Jan 31 with 2303 viewsGuthrum

“Winners” on 07:57 - Jan 31 by Pinewoodblue

The most obvious change tonight is that remainers will become rejoiners, although many will still be remoaners.

The battle is lost but it looks as if the war will continue. Rejoining is a far far bigger task as Those who have accepted the situation will no doubt want to see how things develop before pressing for us to rejoin.

Rejoining would be an absolute disaster. We would effectively have thrown away all of the hard-won rebates and opt-outs acquired over the years. We would almost certainly have to accept the Euro. There would be no leverage for favourable terms on anything.

I was a Remainer, but am not at all keen on rejoining unless there are really compelling reasons (or a very good offer).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

“Winners” on 10:14 - Jan 31 with 2289 viewsgiant_stow

“Winners” on 09:03 - Jan 31 by flimflam

So many people looking forward to failure. Quite sad.

I'm not - hope it works, genuinely. I'd rather eat sh1t for my opinions than be poorer and living in a less happy country.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

“Winners” on 10:20 - Jan 31 with 2275 viewsSwansea_Blue

“Winners” on 10:10 - Jan 31 by Guthrum

Rejoining would be an absolute disaster. We would effectively have thrown away all of the hard-won rebates and opt-outs acquired over the years. We would almost certainly have to accept the Euro. There would be no leverage for favourable terms on anything.

I was a Remainer, but am not at all keen on rejoining unless there are really compelling reasons (or a very good offer).

Something that's barely being reported on is Barnier's appeals for the EU to offer legal status to our future partnership through an Association Agreement. It's rarely done at the outset, which shows they're committed to retaining a very close relationship, but also has implications around level playing field provisions, amongst other things.

Depending on how that was received at our end (I suspect No 10 would see it as both an olive branch and problematic in the case of the electorate), we could end up being rule takers with no leverage in any case. And we'll have little leverage with other options (e.g. Darroch in his recent interview reinforcing the view that Trump would seek substantially higher payments for drugs in any future trade deal with the US).

We'll go from being on an equal footing with the US and China/SE Asia to a position of considerable weakness over night. Leverage is going to be hard to come by from now on I suspect.

Still, people can have a good piss up tonight - all very British

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

“Winners” on 10:21 - Jan 31 with 2275 viewsBlueNomad

“Winners” on 09:40 - Jan 31 by r2d2

You really are a sad little man.

I’ll take that as a compliment. And unless you are 6’4” I consider you to be the little man. As for sad - yes I am, very sad but I’m glad you’re happy (for now anyway)
“Winners” on 11:39 - Jan 31 with 2233 viewsThe_Last_Baron

“Winners” on 10:20 - Jan 31 by Swansea_Blue

Something that's barely being reported on is Barnier's appeals for the EU to offer legal status to our future partnership through an Association Agreement. It's rarely done at the outset, which shows they're committed to retaining a very close relationship, but also has implications around level playing field provisions, amongst other things.

Depending on how that was received at our end (I suspect No 10 would see it as both an olive branch and problematic in the case of the electorate), we could end up being rule takers with no leverage in any case. And we'll have little leverage with other options (e.g. Darroch in his recent interview reinforcing the view that Trump would seek substantially higher payments for drugs in any future trade deal with the US).

We'll go from being on an equal footing with the US and China/SE Asia to a position of considerable weakness over night. Leverage is going to be hard to come by from now on I suspect.

Still, people can have a good piss up tonight - all very British

There'll be no associate membership. The EU won't exist in ten years and we are never going back.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

“Winners” on 11:48 - Jan 31 with 2228 viewsBlueBadger

“Winners” on 09:03 - Jan 31 by flimflam

So many people looking forward to failure. Quite sad.

I wonder what a venn diagram of 'vote leave'/'mick out' would look like.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

“Winners” on 12:02 - Jan 31 with 2218 viewsRyorry

“Winners” on 07:28 - Jan 31 by Oxford_Blue

Get over it and move on.

It’s called democracy. The mandate is clear. Accept it with grace and maturity.

I don’t agree it will be bad for this country. Time will tell.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

“Winners” on 12:05 - Jan 31 with 2217 viewsRyorry

“Winners” on 08:24 - Jan 31 by FPL_Tractor

It’s ok, I’ll only moan about it as long as the anti-Europe brigade did - 43 years I guess. Although by then the baby boomers will be dead and we might be back in.

Speaking as a baby boomer, you'd have lost my former Remain vote & future Rejoin vote then.

“Winners” on 12:07 - Jan 31 with 2213 viewsRyorry

“Winners” on 08:46 - Jan 31 by BlueNomad

Let's have a sweepstake.

Guess which town / city will get the £350m hospital next week.

If there is a tie it will revert to who gets nearest with the following week's £350m hospital.

Well the Chinese can build 3 hospitals in a week, so ...

Insert you own finish to the sentence here ...

“Winners” on 12:15 - Jan 31 with 2205 viewsDarth_Koont

“Winners” on 07:44 - Jan 31 by TractorWood

If we had a trade deal, I would understand celebration.

To me, celebrating tonight is like cheering the half time whistle in a nil nil draw.

Good analogy. Although I'd take it further.

It's half-time on Tuesday night against Rotherham. We're 1-0 down having been comprehensively outplayed and looking fairly clueless. Now we're looking for a massive improvement in the second half that won't come.

Oh and we think we're better than we are and don't deserve to be where we have put ourselves (by not actually being very good). We've also lost sight of where the game has moved to and that our past successes aren't all that relevant anymore, except to ourselves.

Pronouns: He/Him

“Winners” on 12:25 - Jan 31 with 2189 viewsRegencyBlue

I will not be celebrating just yet because tonight is symbolic, albeit highly symbolic, more than anything else.

I am quite enjoying how its irritating some on here though!
“Winners” on 12:34 - Jan 31 with 2171 viewsDarth_Koont

“Winners” on 12:25 - Jan 31 by RegencyBlue

I will not be celebrating just yet because tonight is symbolic, albeit highly symbolic, more than anything else.

Indeed. We're leaving in name but it's in 11 months' time when we're actually going to leave in any real sense.

But if I were a Brexiteer I'd make hay while the sun isn't imploding. Celebrate as if there's no tomorrow as I don't think it's going to look as much fun when the state of our negotiations and our leaping off point on December 31st fully emerges.

Pronouns: He/Him

“Winners” on 12:41 - Jan 31 with 2160 viewsHARRY10

“Winners” on 12:25 - Jan 31 by RegencyBlue

you'll get used to it, the bigots always get upset when others laugh at them

I wonder if they will be celebrating th 40 new deals tomorrow

O shouldn;t worry too much - the bigots always get uopset when others laugh at them
“Winners” on 12:50 - Jan 31 with 2151 viewsBlueBadger

“Winners” on 09:41 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

Hilariously you've just complained on another thread that Brexiteers are abused on here. You really don't do self-awareness, petal.

It's always the defiantly non-PC ones that hate snowflakes that are the most precious flowers isn't it?

Someone should put them all in a taxi and take them somewhere foreign till they realise that people from overseas aren't to be afraid of.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

“Winners” on 19:31 - Jan 31 with 2091 viewsblueconscience

Think positively, The only difference it will make to most on here is that they may have to use another queue at the airports.

No point dwelling over the past.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 19:53]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

“Winners” on 19:43 - Jan 31 with 2086 viewsLeoMuff

“Winners” on 11:39 - Jan 31 by The_Last_Baron

There'll be no associate membership. The EU won't exist in ten years and we are never going back.

Dream on, when the others watch us being shafted by the US, China, India and the EU they won’t even consider leaving an option.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024