Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time 08:54 - Feb 11 with 7526 viewsBluefish

Do you think we are the only ones that our worst is also our current manager?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 08:54 - Feb 11 with 3822 viewschicoazul

Burley is the only Manager to relegate us twice.

/////runs away

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 08:56 - Feb 11 with 3808 viewsHerbivore

I still make Hurst worse currently.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 08:56 - Feb 11 with 3812 viewsBluefish

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 08:54 - Feb 11 by chicoazul

Burley is the only Manager to relegate us twice.

/////runs away

A promotion is there makes a net score of 1 so we now need to weight it on levels

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 08:56 - Feb 11 with 3810 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nah. Hurst was worst. It even rhymes to prove it. I'd have Keane in 2nd too; he was marginally better with the on the pitch stuff, but destroyed us off the pitch. Not good when we give managers free reign (as with Hurst).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 08:58 - Feb 11 with 3794 viewsPJH

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 08:56 - Feb 11 by Herbivore

So do I and I hope that that does not change for quite a while, if ever.
Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 09:07 - Feb 11 with 3766 viewsJimmyJazz

If you tell us which team you support / are referring to then might be able to comment.

Ipswich's worst manager has long gone

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 09:11 - Feb 11 with 3750 viewsKieran_Knows

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 08:56 - Feb 11 by Herbivore

This.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 09:13 - Feb 11 with 3736 viewsMattinLondon

No.
Login to get fewer ads

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 09:13 - Feb 11 with 3740 viewsclive_baker

Hurst and Lambert aren’t in the same league when you talk about the bigger picture and damage caused.

Lambert’s a bit of a Paul Jewell for me.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 9:14]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 09:17 - Feb 11 with 3709 viewsHerbivore

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 09:13 - Feb 11 by clive_baker

Hurst and Lambert aren’t in the same league when you talk about the bigger picture and damage caused.

Lambert’s a bit of a Paul Jewell for me.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 9:14]

Yeah, he's like Paul Jewell but without the occasional entertaining performances. I place them in the same bracket, Keane just below, then Hurst below that.

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 09:27 - Feb 11 with 3661 viewsKeaneish

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 09:17 - Feb 11 by Herbivore

Yeah, he's like Paul Jewell but without the occasional entertaining performances. I place them in the same bracket, Keane just below, then Hurst below that.

Accrington at home, er....
Coventry away for 45 mins, er....
Reading away for 45 mins....
I'm done.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 09:28 - Feb 11 with 3656 viewsReuser_is_God

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 09:17 - Feb 11 by Herbivore

Keane & Jewell

Lambert
Hurst

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 09:41 - Feb 11 with 3622 viewsclive_baker

Would agree with that. The context around how much money Keane spunked relative to those around us at the time has to be considered. He inherited a team that wasn't a million miles off being in the playoffs, generally over paid for the likes of Lee Martin and ultimately took us backwards, acting like an arse to those around him in the process.

Hurst is still worse in my book, ripping up a comfortable looking mid table squad, replacing them with some absolute dross, disrupting the harmony from day 1 with his sidekick Doig and being the ones responsible for our relegation.

As time passes, there seem to be a few who forget just how much damage these charlatans have done to the club, and time seems like a bit of a healer. The current incumbent tends to feel worse than those before him, until the next one comes along and people will start making excuses. Give it a few years and there will be folk on here making the case for Lambert being harshly treated. 'Bringing the club back to the community', improving the atmosphere, getting gates up, blooding the youth, only lost 8 in 30 this season before supporters turned. Only 5 points off automatic promotion with a nice run in. Experienced in getting promotion. Won a Champions League don't you know.

Most of that of course is b0llocks. The reality is the bloke seems completely lost to me, tactically inept and unable to get a consistent run of performances out of a squad that is punching below its weight in 7th. Paul Hurst he isn't though, to be fair to the bloke.

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 09:50 - Feb 11 with 3581 viewsSomethingBlue

Every board also has a most tedious poster.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 09:54 - Feb 11 with 3571 viewsGarv

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 09:41 - Feb 11 by clive_baker

Would agree with that. The context around how much money Keane spunked relative to those around us at the time has to be considered. He inherited a team that wasn't a million miles off being in the playoffs, generally over paid for the likes of Lee Martin and ultimately took us backwards, acting like an arse to those around him in the process.

Hurst is still worse in my book, ripping up a comfortable looking mid table squad, replacing them with some absolute dross, disrupting the harmony from day 1 with his sidekick Doig and being the ones responsible for our relegation.

As time passes, there seem to be a few who forget just how much damage these charlatans have done to the club, and time seems like a bit of a healer. The current incumbent tends to feel worse than those before him, until the next one comes along and people will start making excuses. Give it a few years and there will be folk on here making the case for Lambert being harshly treated. 'Bringing the club back to the community', improving the atmosphere, getting gates up, blooding the youth, only lost 8 in 30 this season before supporters turned. Only 5 points off automatic promotion with a nice run in. Experienced in getting promotion. Won a Champions League don't you know.

Most of that of course is b0llocks. The reality is the bloke seems completely lost to me, tactically inept and unable to get a consistent run of performances out of a squad that is punching below its weight in 7th. Paul Hurst he isn't though, to be fair to the bloke.

Do you not think we were comfortably mid table because of the manager though, rather than the squad? His recruitment was terrible yes, but I don't think he had loads to work with before that. Add in Waghorn, Webster and McGoldrick leaving and it was pretty bare.

I wonder if Webster and Waghorn would have stayed if they had actually rated rated the manager coming in, but surely Bristol and Derby would have been attractive moves anyway.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 09:57 - Feb 11 with 3543 viewsBluefish

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 09:50 - Feb 11 by SomethingBlue

Every board also has a most tedious poster.

Wonderful stuff, your defence of him is still going strong. Almost as amusing as the hypocrisy when you got all upset about people commenting on your threads. What percentage of your posts do you think are angry replies defending Shambert?

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 10:01 - Feb 11 with 3511 viewsBluefish

We should save this post, in a few years many of you will be able to look back on PRP's reign and realise how crazy it was to compare his mess to a bloke who did 17 (?) games. The real comparison is keane because he was allowed to do so much damage for so long and wasted the riches that should have carried us up. Shambert is the worst though and I detested RK

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 10:02 - Feb 11 with 3505 viewsSomethingBlue

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 09:57 - Feb 11 by Bluefish

Wonderful stuff, your defence of him is still going strong. Almost as amusing as the hypocrisy when you got all upset about people commenting on your threads. What percentage of your posts do you think are angry replies defending Shambert?

I don't really have an opinion at the moment if you must know — I simply want to get through this season and hope against hope that we get promoted. I'm also not remotely angry with you. You can try and turn me into some diehard Lambert defender but it's not gonna happen.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 10:07 - Feb 11 with 3478 viewsclive_baker

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 09:54 - Feb 11 by Garv

Do you not think we were comfortably mid table because of the manager though, rather than the squad? His recruitment was terrible yes, but I don't think he had loads to work with before that. Add in Waghorn, Webster and McGoldrick leaving and it was pretty bare.

I wonder if Webster and Waghorn would have stayed if they had actually rated rated the manager coming in, but surely Bristol and Derby would have been attractive moves anyway.

Definitely a bit of both. MM over achieved here with the resources available to him, but I still don't think we should've been getting relegated from the base Hurst was starting with, certainly not in the manner we did. I don't think Millwall, Wigan, Birmingham, Preston etc had better squads than us when Hurst came in, and although Webster and McGoldrick might've been moving on regardless, from what I hear Waghorn was happy to stay until Hurst completely upset the apple cart. Garner leaving made no sense either, a proven Championship quality striker. He voluntarily lost his strike force and replaced it with Jackson, Harrison and Roberts. In fact, none of his 7 signings you could look at and go 'yeah, money well spent' really. Donacien, Nolan, Edwards are League 1 at best, Nsiala arguably not even that. Maybe he got a little unlucky on the Walters loan, he might've made a slight difference but just about everything Hurst did was a disaster.

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 10:24 - Feb 11 with 3422 viewsArnieM

OP....you’ve very quickly forgotten how bad HURST was in his short, club defining time!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 10:26 - Feb 11 with 3408 viewsBluefish

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 10:24 - Feb 11 by ArnieM

OP....you’ve very quickly forgotten how bad HURST was in his short, club defining time!

The key is his short time at the club. We also looked less clueless for most of his reign than we have under PR Paul. He was useless but had slightly more idea than the bloke currently destroying us

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 10:27 - Feb 11 with 3405 viewsElephantintheRoom

IF (big IF) Lambo gets Town promoted via the play-offs this season would he suddenly morph into one of the best?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 10:27 - Feb 11 with 3392 viewsHerbivore

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 10:27 - Feb 11 by ElephantintheRoom

IF (big IF) Lambo gets Town promoted via the play-offs this season would he suddenly morph into one of the best?

No.

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 10:28 - Feb 11 with 3393 viewschicoazul

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 08:56 - Feb 11 by Bluefish

A promotion is there makes a net score of 1 so we now need to weight it on levels

But in that case Blubbers if Lambert magically gets us promoted this season.....

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Every club has a greatest and worst manager of all time on 10:29 - Feb 11 with 3381 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Lambert is easily better than Jewell, Keane and Hurst. The current form is not great, but i think you are forgetting just how bad we were under those three.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024