Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread 11:03 - Mar 16 with 47379 viewsPhilTWTD

Any TWTDers who are over 70 or are more vulnerable to the coronavirus for other reasons who need help in any way, feel free to ask your fellow posters in this thread, whether based in Ipswich, Suffolk or further afield.
Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 13:33 - Mar 17 with 11284 viewsDeano69

This is how we should all be! Not snatching and stockpiling excessive numbers of bog rolls and the like.

In Kesgrave if I can help anyone..
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 16:39]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 14:58 - Mar 17 with 11221 viewsN2_Blue

I'm Ruislip based (HA4), with a car, so if anyone in this area needs help with anything feel free to send me a PM and I'll be happy to help

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 17:07 - Mar 17 with 11180 viewsbaxterbasics

I'm in Kesgrave which seems pretty well served in this thread already, but happy to be on the list.

Doing a lot of working from home now (otherwise I'm in Felixstowe) and therefore quite flexible round the clock if a 20/30 minute favour needs doing in the area.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 17:38 - Mar 17 with 11159 viewsChurchman

I’m in Swanley, Kent and in Waldringfield every other weekend visiting my elderly dad
Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 06:33 - Mar 18 with 11029 viewsfactual_blue

I'm in Bali and urgently need a coracle, a unicycle and ten million pounds ro complete my journey home.

No time wasters.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 06:40 - Mar 18 with 11015 viewsNewcyBlue

Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 06:33 - Mar 18 by factual_blue

I'm in Bali and urgently need a coracle, a unicycle and ten million pounds ro complete my journey home.

No time wasters.

Just pop to your local LIdl for those items

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 07:33 - Mar 18 with 11006 viewsWeWereZombies

No time wasters.

And I thought BryanPlug was behind Fergal...

More seriously, if anyone has friends or family stuck at Tribal Gathering in Panama which has just gone into lockdown I could do with a PM. Hopefully just so we can arrange a lift share from Heathrow (I know, park at Gatwick) before the self isolation.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Cambridge branch on 08:52 - Mar 18 with 10972 viewsArgyle_blue

Good work Phil. I’m in Cambridge and still available to help out at the moment. Likely going to Peterborough to help my dad out tomorrow so could drop in on people there too. PM if I can help. I’ll be more use than the PM.
Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 08:59 - Mar 18 with 10968 viewsSwailsey

In central Ipswich and happy to help out where I can.

Am also happy to lend an anonymous ear if anyone is worried about the social/mental health/isolation aspect of all of this.

I've put some things in place to help me deal with that (as staying in for more than a day or two usually messes with my head), and am happy to share. I'm lucky enough to have had years of CBT as well (as a patient, not a practitioner) so whilst I can't provide any advice from a professional sense, I'm more than happy to pass on positive coping mechanisms or source material.

Feel free to PM me on here - everything will be kept in confidence.

Stay safe and strong everyone.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 9:02]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 10:26 - Mar 18 with 10917 viewsNo9

No time wasters.

Certainly sir; American Express?
Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 16:10 - Mar 18 with 10822 viewsmonytowbray

Ealing Broadway, but also sort of towards Perivale too.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 19:21 - Mar 18 with 10756 viewsbluelagos

Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 06:47 - Mar 17 by bluelagos

https://www.findipswich.org.uk/

Said it before, these guys are going to need your help more than ever for 3 reasons.

1. There will be more people than ever struggling and in need of help
2. Donations will take a hit as people prioritise stocking up
3. Their volunteers are mainly the elderly (needed to sort, pack and to deliver)

So if you want to help but cant volunteer, am sure any donations would be gratefully received.

And if you can spare time, they will need people who can help with deliveries. This takes about 2 hours on an afternoon. You will need a car. I am going Monday,, if anyone wishes to tag along and see how it all works, pm me.

They were on Look East tonight and reported donations are 50% down, which will cause real problems if it continues :-(

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 10:47 - Mar 19 with 10605 viewsBloomBlue

As I said earlier in this thread don't forget to proactively go and check on your elderly neighbours, most older people don't like asking others as they feel people have enough to be getting on with without them adding to it.

Given my age I know lots of older people and was phoning around friends this morning and this is only really day 4 and many are already feeling incredibly isolated and scared. Especially when it comes to food etc, as one of my oldest friends said even in WW2 we could get eggs, milk etc and their granddaughter went shopping for them yesterday and struggled to even get eggs.

These are old people they don't know or have the internet, every TV news item tells them to go to the internet for advice, every TV news item about food talks about online shopping, these people don't have it. Something the young generation takes for granted is unknown to many of these people

This item is great but please be proactive and go and check on your elderly neighbours
Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 13:44 - Mar 19 with 10561 viewsSonOfSpock

I'm in Great Blakenham if anybody needs a hand.
Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 17:48 - Mar 19 with 10505 viewsBlueBadger

If you're currently out of work and want to help out the front line... by BlueBadger 19 Mar 2020 15:12
....we can find something for you to do.

https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/916010291?fbclid=IwAR1CoL2-g8DrUte_xI_lh--U1Ua9yF6br6YY5ByF1TH6GglN5ZBUw9P-AZk

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 21:12 - Mar 19 with 10451 viewsm14_blue

Long shot but if anyone needs anything in north lancs/south Cumbria/the Lakes just holler.
Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 22:45 - Mar 19 with 10438 viewsJohnWarksTash

In Wickham Market. Happy to help if anyone is stuck. Also work in the hospital so just yell if u need anything taking to and from the trust.
Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 12:00 - Mar 20 with 10332 viewsHennikerBlu

West Ipswich; Bramford/Sproughton road area and happy to help out further afield.

Just a PM away.
Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 23:41 - Mar 20 with 10227 viewspistonbroke

Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 12:00 - Mar 20 by HennikerBlu

West Ipswich; Bramford/Sproughton road area and happy to help out further afield.

Just a PM away.

If anyone in Chelmsford needs anything then pm me , happy to help
Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 09:54 - Mar 21 with 10171 viewsStokieBlue

Happy to help anyone in need in and around Stoke Newington.

Need to get out on the bike so good for everyone.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 17:47 - Mar 22 with 9939 viewsHurleyBurley

Anyone in the St Jean area of Toulouse, I'm happy to chat on the phone or if you need a personal visit I'll tick the 4th option on the Government issued "Attestation de Délacement Dérogatoire" form.

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 04:30 - Mar 23 with 9860 viewsBluespeed225

Broke hall, Kesgrave, and often on Chantry for me old girl. Drop me a line if needed!
Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 09:19 - Mar 24 with 9726 viewsMax23B0

Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 18:29 - Mar 16 by StochesStotasBlewe

Pinewood. Will help if i can.

I know a lot about her too
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 9:20]
Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 19:27 - Mar 28 with 9303 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 11:53 - Mar 16 by ColchesterBlue1985

In Colchester (obviously) and work in Sudbury if anybody needs anything.

Sorry have to withdraw my services as I have been written to by the NHS and am now not allowed to leave the house for a minimum of 12 weeks. I do have a heart condition and the immune system of a newborn kitten unfortunately.
Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 19:34 - Mar 28 with 9288 viewsPJH

Coronavirus Isolation Help Thread on 19:27 - Mar 28 by ColchesterBlue1985

Sorry have to withdraw my services as I have been written to by the NHS and am now not allowed to leave the house for a minimum of 12 weeks. I do have a heart condition and the immune system of a newborn kitten unfortunately.

I hope the 12 weeks go ok for you ColchesterBlue although you might miss our promotion push.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024