Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. 11:11 - Apr 13 with 4827 viewshoppy

Who would it be?

(It can be on shuffle play!)
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 11:13]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:55 - Apr 13 with 996 viewsfooters

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:53 - Apr 13 by factual_blue

He was asking about your musical, not your sexual, preferences.

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:58 - Apr 13 with 996 viewsfactual_blue

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:55 - Apr 13 by footers

Nor do we want to see your Tinder profile.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 14:01 - Apr 13 with 987 viewsfabian_illness

I’d pick The Doors, always loved their music.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 14:02]
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 14:03 - Apr 13 with 982 viewshoppy

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 11:23 - Apr 13 by eireblue

Well, that’s an easy one.

The purple yoda from Minnesota.

Edit: on reflection, that isn’t much different from, non isolation times.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 11:29]

This was my pick, and what made me think of asking... I’d never been a complete mad fan of his, but liked a few... but have a few times now just played Prince on a random streamed play while working at home, given how varied and wide his music was - there’s a massive amount I’d not discovered before! So talented and such a shame he’s no longer adding to his works. RIP.

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 14:24 - Apr 13 with 952 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:08 - Apr 13 by GlasgowBlue

If we are talking compilations then you can't get much better than this

The Motown Singles 1959-1972. Each year in a box with a 7" single and fantastic book.

That's an impressive set.

On the compilations front I'd also give a shout to the various Trojan Records box sets.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 14:27 - Apr 13 with 953 viewsBlueBadger

Ginger Wildheart. The man puts out at least one(if not two) full albums of material a year and it ranges from acoustic country-folk songs to full-on death metal. And there's nearly 30 years worth of it as well.

A taster:

[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 14:46]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 14:55 - Apr 13 with 928 viewsBlueBadger

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:58 - Apr 13 by factual_blue

Nor do we want to see your Tinder profile.

And it's a wonderful 3-man move that ends with Facters smashing it into the net, Alex.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 14:59 - Apr 13 with 924 viewsRyorry

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 12:29 - Apr 13 by WeWereZombies

You've nicked what I was going to say. Just to be different, and in the Desert Island Discs tradition of giving to time to something you have never properly got around to, I am going to plump for Jean Sibelius.

Every single work in every recorded format by every orchestra, solo performer and all points in between.

Well if we're allowed to go down the classical route, it absolutely has to be JS Bach for me - he's always been my "if you were only allowed one record" #1 (probably Brandenburg Concerto no. 4).

Am right now listening to his Mass in B minor on R3 - glorious. When I go, I want to float up (or down) to that.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 15:09 - Apr 13 with 911 viewsNewcyBlue

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:53 - Apr 13 by factual_blue

Shocking...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 15:11 - Apr 13 with 910 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I can remember the night you shook me all night long dear boy.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 15:15 - Apr 13 with 904 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:55 - Apr 13 by footers

Nah, Money Talks dear chap.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 15:18 - Apr 13 with 890 viewsr2d2

The Jam/Weller.
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 16:09 - Apr 13 with 869 viewsIPS_wich

3-4 years ago I would have comfortably said The National, but I’ve really struggled with their last two. So I’ll probably go with Mogwai, would be at least the 3rd/4th week before their back catalogue shuffled back to the start again and I’m going through a real post-rock phase at the moment.
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 16:24 - Apr 13 with 851 viewsvapour_trail

I would instinctively go for radiohead but do know them pretty much inside out already.

Tempted to go Floyd, but think the back catalogue is substantial enough now to go for massive attack.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 16:34 - Apr 13 with 839 viewsbluewhite

XTC.

The variety, the virtuosity, the intelligence, the integrity. Defied all attempts at compartmentalisation. Andy Partridge, the greatest musical genius who somehow never attained world stardom.
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 22:14 - Apr 13 with 758 viewsBrixtonBlue

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 14:27 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

Ginger Wildheart. The man puts out at least one(if not two) full albums of material a year and it ranges from acoustic country-folk songs to full-on death metal. And there's nearly 30 years worth of it as well.

A taster:

[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 14:46]

When pasting links to YouTube videos, you need to copy the URL from the "Share" button, not the URL at the top of the page.

You're welcome.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:25 - Apr 13 with 745 viewsGodzilla

(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 22:27 - Apr 13 with 739 viewsGodzilla

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:25 - Apr 13 by Godzilla

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 22:28 - Apr 13 with 738 viewsFoD_Blue

Iron Maiden.

Might have to skip some of the Blaze Bayley tracks form the two albums that he fronted the band for. Not because he is a bad singer, but I don't think his voice quite fits Maiden.
(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 22:30 - Apr 13 with 736 viewsGodzilla

(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 22:27 - Apr 13 by Godzilla

I posted a right worthy reply here that got lost in the shietty virus signal scenario - |I love Cinerama and the Wedding Present. David Gedge speaks for me.
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 01:01 - Apr 14 with 716 viewshoppy

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 16:24 - Apr 13 by vapour_trail

I would instinctively go for radiohead but do know them pretty much inside out already.

Tempted to go Floyd, but think the back catalogue is substantial enough now to go for massive attack.

I almost went for Radiohead, but prince just edged if for me, for the wide variation of different styles of music he generated!

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 01:19 - Apr 14 with 708 viewsreusersfreekicks

Eels
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 01:45 - Apr 14 with 705 viewsjeera

I'm not a big enough fan of any band or particular music type to make an absolute decision.

If forced on the point I would have to choose Fields of the Nephilim simply because of their beautiful sound.

McCoy's voice has grown on me over the years but I could see why he wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. I used to love their music but wished I could delete him at times. Now I like both.

Their music however, never gets dull.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 1:46]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 02:42 - Apr 14 with 698 viewsIPS_wich

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 01:45 - Apr 14 by jeera

I'm not a big enough fan of any band or particular music type to make an absolute decision.

If forced on the point I would have to choose Fields of the Nephilim simply because of their beautiful sound.

McCoy's voice has grown on me over the years but I could see why he wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. I used to love their music but wished I could delete him at times. Now I like both.

Their music however, never gets dull.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 1:46]

The Neph were pretty close to being my selection - I only went for Mogwai because they have a far bigger back catalogue.

But if the question had been if you could only choose one isolation album then it would have been Elizium by a mile.
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 07:08 - Apr 14 with 675 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Well it needs to be a big back catalogue so possibly the BPO with over 3,000 albums or Golden Gate Quartet who've been performing since the 1930s though a lot of their stuff is too gospelly for my taste.

Lead Belly and Muddy Waters would come under consideration but would probably settle for Rolling Stones or Bob Dylan.

Edit: ...or maybe Eric Clapton or John Mayall or Creedence Clearwater Revival or B B King or Fairport Convention etc etc
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 7:16]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024