Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. 11:11 - Apr 13 with 4795 viewshoppy

Who would it be?

(It can be on shuffle play!)
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 11:13]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 12:30 - Apr 13 with 843 viewswoodbridge_blue

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 11:57 - Apr 13 by Lord_Lucan

That is quite something, I trust you were stoned.

I would normally say Pink Floyd but as I have listened to everything so many times I'll pick a band that I have heard a fair bit but nowhere near enough and I am bound to uncover a lot of new classics for me.

So I'm going Radiohead.

Mildly intoxicated!

Bowie would be my second choice, although not so easy to rank his albums in ascending order of greatness.
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 12:30 - Apr 13 with 841 viewsPJH

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 11:21 - Apr 13 by GlasgowBlue

Best appreciated in chronological order, not shuffle.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 11:22]

I have got most of those on vinyl and four of them on CD plus:-

The Beatles Live At The Star Club Hamburg 1962 (Double Album)-German 1977 import

The Beatles At The Hollywood Bowl-recorded over 1964 and 1965 concerts released 1977

Something New-German import
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 12:31 - Apr 13 with 840 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

It's a toughie and some excellent replies to date so how about Elvis Costello (including the collaborative albums)?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 12:32 - Apr 13 with 833 viewsblueislander

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 12:20 - Apr 13 by ITFC_Forever

Somewhat predictably, I’m going say the Levellers.

Their twelfth studio album is out this year and their lyrics are as relevant now as they’ve always been, perhaps even more so.

Has to be Buddy Holly,, although for obvious reasons, his catalogue is smaller than most. Going more modern would take me to the Saw Doctors, if only for the brilliant lyrics.
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 12:33 - Apr 13 with 828 viewswoodbridge_blue

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 12:18 - Apr 13 by Sharkey

Is Van Morrison the supreme 'Marmite' artist?

Agreed.

His 25 minute set and total disregard for a theatreful of paying fans at The Regent some years ago summed up both the attraction and repulsion of Morrison.
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 12:35 - Apr 13 with 815 viewsLord_Lucan

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 12:30 - Apr 13 by PJH

I have got most of those on vinyl and four of them on CD plus:-

The Beatles Live At The Star Club Hamburg 1962 (Double Album)-German 1977 import

The Beatles At The Hollywood Bowl-recorded over 1964 and 1965 concerts released 1977

Something New-German import

I have a CD thing that has every Beatles album on with lyrics - It can only be played on a PC.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 12:39 - Apr 13 with 809 viewsPJH

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 12:35 - Apr 13 by Lord_Lucan

I have a CD thing that has every Beatles album on with lyrics - It can only be played on a PC.

A friend of ours downloaded every Runrig track which I can play on the CD in my car but it does not play on my actual CD player which I think is strange.

Not tried to play it on this PC but imagine it would play.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 12:41]
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 12:39 - Apr 13 with 806 viewsBlueNomad

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 11:35 - Apr 13 by Ryorry

'Yes' (the original band).

You will still be listening long after the lockdown ends!

Springsteen for me
Login to get fewer ads

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 12:42 - Apr 13 with 802 viewsfactual_blue

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 12:05 - Apr 13 by brogansnose

I'm going to say Van Morrison but it was a close run thing with Radiohead.

Then there's Bowie. This sort of thing makes my head explode.

He can be a bit of a pillock at times, but then there's this

And this

And this

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 12:47 - Apr 13 with 788 viewsBeckets

Weller
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 12:52 - Apr 13 with 770 viewsChondzoresk

The Prodigy.
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 12:53 - Apr 13 with 765 viewsEpiphone

As Floyd,Beatles,Led Zep and Yes have already been mentioned I’ll go with

Rush
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:08 - Apr 13 with 751 viewsGlasgowBlue

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 11:14 - Apr 13 by fabian_illness

I’d choose the band ‘Now’.
They have over 100 albums full of a variety of music.

If we are talking compilations then you can't get much better than this

The Motown Singles 1959-1972. Each year in a box with a 7" single and fantastic book.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:13 - Apr 13 with 744 viewsGuthrum

Hawkwind. Keep me going for weeks and quite varied.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 13:13]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:20 - Apr 13 with 712 viewsblustutu

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EVaWqQ6WkAEOcch?format=jpg&name=medium
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:20 - Apr 13 with 708 viewsEdwardStone

Aqua

From the bathos and powerful lyrics of "Barbie" through to the majesty of "Dr Jones"

Plus, it isn't actually a huge body of work
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:23 - Apr 13 with 703 viewsNewcyBlue

“If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue”

I’d probably get done for murder.

When I clean, it’s the Beatles or Bedouin Soundclash.

Working out is usually about 10 different bands ranging from Slipknot to Ill Nino.

Cooking, I like to have Country Hits Radio on.

So, no thanks.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:37 - Apr 13 with 679 viewsfactual_blue

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:23 - Apr 13 by NewcyBlue

“If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue”

I’d probably get done for murder.

When I clean, it’s the Beatles or Bedouin Soundclash.

Working out is usually about 10 different bands ranging from Slipknot to Ill Nino.

Cooking, I like to have Country Hits Radio on.

So, no thanks.

Not 'Now That's What I Call Sea Shanties vol VIII'?

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:39 - Apr 13 with 677 viewsDebsyAngel

Japan. Never tire of them.
If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:41 - Apr 13 with 668 viewsMelford

Steely Dan.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:45 - Apr 13 with 651 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

AC/DC obviously.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:47 - Apr 13 with 648 viewsWeWereZombies

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:37 - Apr 13 by factual_blue

Not 'Now That's What I Call Sea Shanties vol VIII'?

I was going to suggest The Pogues - 'Rum, Sodomy and the Lash' to be specific...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:51 - Apr 13 with 642 viewsfactual_blue

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:47 - Apr 13 by WeWereZombies

I was going to suggest The Pogues - 'Rum, Sodomy and the Lash' to be specific...

That's a typical Sunday afternoon for Newcy.

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:52 - Apr 13 with 643 viewsGeoffSentence

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 11:21 - Apr 13 by GlasgowBlue

Best appreciated in chronological order, not shuffle.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 11:22]

I watched 'Yesterday' on Now TV last night, really enjoyed it. I have to say the music was pretty good too. Good songs finally performed as they were meant to be heard. That Himesh Patel is a top singer.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:53 - Apr 13 with 644 viewsfactual_blue

If during isolation you could only listen to one artist/band’s full catalogue. on 13:45 - Apr 13 by StochesStotasBlewe

AC/DC obviously.

He was asking about your musical, not your sexual, preferences.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024