Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them 14:46 - Apr 13 with 15088 viewsLord_Lucan

The Doors
The Clash
Michael Jackson
Prince
Bruce Springsteen

Probably loads more.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 14:49 - Apr 13 with 5114 viewsfooters

This'll go down like a sh1t sandwich but...

Stones
Beatles
Dylan

Just don't get it.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 14:50 - Apr 13 with 5103 viewsLord_Lucan

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 14:49 - Apr 13 by footers

This'll go down like a sh1t sandwich but...

Stones
Beatles
Dylan

Just don't get it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 14:50 - Apr 13 with 5102 viewsWD19

Queen
Beatles
U2
Prince
Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 14:51 - Apr 13 with 5097 viewsLord_Lucan

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 14:50 - Apr 13 by WD19

Queen
Beatles
U2
Prince

I didn't include U2 as they actually aren't any good

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 14:53 - Apr 13 with 5084 viewsBlueBadger

Nearly anything remotely jazz-based, particularly 'legends' like Miles Davis. It all just sounds like over-long musical w@nking in awkward time signatures to me.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 14:55 - Apr 13 with 5070 viewsBlueBadger

As a metal fan....Megadeth. They just sound like a Metallica tribute act fronted by Elmer Fudd.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 15:05 - Apr 13 with 5044 viewswellyblue

The Smiths.
Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 15:09 - Apr 13 with 5031 viewsBlueBadger

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 15:05 - Apr 13 by wellyblue

The Smiths.

The OP said 'obviously/pretty good'. The Smiths are comfortably out of that category.

Login to get fewer ads

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 15:14 - Apr 13 with 5021 viewsITFC_Forever

Foo Fighters.

Mainly because I have a mental block on them as Grohl was part of Nirvana - and I couldn’t stand the dirge they churned out.

Of a different genre, any Jay Z etc

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 15:48 - Apr 13 with 4955 viewsEpiphone

The Killers - whiney pub-singer vocalist.
Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them (n/t) on 15:53 - Apr 13 with 4939 viewsWestover

[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 15:56]
Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 15:54 - Apr 13 with 4931 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I didn't really ever get Genesis but that's probably my fault

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 16:07 - Apr 13 with 4905 viewsMattinLondon

Led Zeppelin- one or two good songs but mostly overblown rubbish.
Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 16:21 - Apr 13 with 4884 viewsfactual_blue

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 16:07 - Apr 13 by MattinLondon

All the stuff that isn't

(a) nicked from old blues artists without attribution; or
(b) about Mordor or other hobbity nonsense

is OK.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 16:22 - Apr 13 with 4879 viewsfactual_blue

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 15:54 - Apr 13 by You_Bloo_Right

I didn't really ever get Genesis but that's probably my fault

It isn't your fault.

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 16:22 - Apr 13 with 4881 viewsBlueBadger

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 16:07 - Apr 13 by MattinLondon

Was listening to a compilation of them the other week.

'Stairway To Heaven' is one of the dullest pieces of music, ever. Conversely, the ten-and-a-half minutes of 'Achilles' Last Stand' absolutely fly by.

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 16:37 - Apr 13 with 4850 viewsfactual_blue

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 16:22 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

Was listening to a compilation of them the other week.

'Stairway To Heaven' is one of the dullest pieces of music, ever. Conversely, the ten-and-a-half minutes of 'Achilles' Last Stand' absolutely fly by.

Zepp ruined the original version of Stairway

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 16:38 - Apr 13 with 4845 viewsDubtractor

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 14:55 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

As a metal fan....Megadeth. They just sound like a Metallica tribute act fronted by Elmer Fudd.

On the metal front for me it is Mastodon. Everyone raves but I just don't get it at all.

Love Megadeth though, at least Rust in Peace and Countdown to Extinction anyway.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 16:41 - Apr 13 with 4836 viewsDubtractor

Bruce Springsteen. Don't dislike as such, just don't really get either.
Queen. Well sort of. For every decent tune there is an absolute turd, really cheesy rubbish.
Foo Fighters after the first 2 albums, such dadrock, many bland.

Should caveat Springsteen with the point that Dancing in the Dark is a certified banger.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 16:48]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 16:43 - Apr 13 with 4824 viewsBlueNomad

Coldplay
ELP
Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 16:52 - Apr 13 with 4804 viewsjontysnut

Velvet Underground/Lou Reed
Queen
INXS
Lenny Kravitz
Tina Turner
Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 17:10 - Apr 13 with 4783 viewsBlueBadger

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 16:38 - Apr 13 by Dubtractor

On the metal front for me it is Mastodon. Everyone raves but I just don't get it at all.

Love Megadeth though, at least Rust in Peace and Countdown to Extinction anyway.

Maybe I might get them in ten years' time. It took me till I was nearly 30 to 'get' Slayer and another 10 for Death/Extreme metal.

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 17:25 - Apr 13 with 4756 viewsHerbivore

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 15:48 - Apr 13 by Epiphone

The Killers - whiney pub-singer vocalist.

Not sure the Killers fit this as they are just pure toss rather than obviously/probably good.

The Stone Roses and Oasis for me. Just find them both very dull.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 18:35 - Apr 13 with 4698 viewsRadlett_blue

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 17:25 - Apr 13 by Herbivore

Not sure the Killers fit this as they are just pure toss rather than obviously/probably good.

The Stone Roses and Oasis for me. Just find them both very dull.

Maybe they are, or they're not to your taste? Which music & bands one likes is a very personal thing. When I was 20 a friend who was into the usual Stones/JJ Cale/Dylan thing derided me for liking the Undertones, but impossible to compare such different sounds.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 18:37]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Artists / Bands that are obviously / probably good but you can't get into them on 18:42 - Apr 13 with 4687 viewsIllinoisblue

Yes to The Clash. Never got into them at all.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024