Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Journalism is missing the mood of the country 09:53 - Apr 21 with 4025 viewsPinewoodblue

An interesting blog shared by a friend. There a few posters I can think of who need to read this.

https://www.effiedeans.com/2020/04/journalism-is-missing-mood-country.html?fbcli

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 12:04 - Apr 21 with 1203 viewsmonytowbray

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 11:51 - Apr 21 by BloomBlue

Or maybe I like to think differently, you clearly think the WHO never make any mistakes and that's fine that's your choice as I said for me the anti body test is the key test and if the Gov doesn't get it sort then I will condemn them for that

This has to be the stupidest response I’ve seen. Stokie would rightly have my head on a stick for saying something like this.

I imagine you’ll be save from scrutiny though.

Thinking something and the facts aren’t the same. Particularly when there’s no evidence involved.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 12:10 - Apr 21 with 1182 viewsPJH

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 11:18 - Apr 21 by BloomBlue

I'm not changing my stance on the job the Gov is doing, I think they're doing an excellent job.

I doubt if even Boris and his minions think that they are doing an excellent job, then again maybe they do.
Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 12:14 - Apr 21 with 1175 viewsgordon

The funniest thing about that article is the way it refers to the second world war in a way which is entirely nonsensical and at completely at odds with actual events.
Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 12:20 - Apr 21 with 1153 viewsEly_Blue

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 10:31 - Apr 21 by Steve_M

It's rather panglossian and asking questions of government is the right approach. There are certainly questions about the Westminster lobby's approach but they are of being too reliant on sources. Certainly the UK is in a better place in terms of national unity than the US for example.

And on this bit:

"The first thing you learn in history is that people make mistakes. Faced with unprecedented situations they make lots of mistakes."

It would help if the government admitted to some mistakes, instead it's treating this as a news management crisis rather than one of public health.

The only issue is if the government “admit to some mistakes” this wouldn’t appease the gutter press that we have in this country, it would just have these leeches on society that call themselves journalists smelling the scent of blood and go further and further until people in the government, who are doing a pretty good job despite some of these mistakes, end up humiliated and out of a job

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 12:21 - Apr 21 with 1154 viewsmonytowbray

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 12:14 - Apr 21 by gordon

The funniest thing about that article is the way it refers to the second world war in a way which is entirely nonsensical and at completely at odds with actual events.

It’s ironic that this article is also missing the mood of the country too.

It’s that classic BREXIT WILL OF THE PEOPLE or FARAGE IS JUST SAYING WHAT EVERYONE IS THINKING angle yet again.

Populist politics based on lies divides a nation at a time when intelligence and competence is of top priority to save lives therefore a lot of people are p1ssed off and demanding answers. Who’d have thunk it?
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 12:21]

TWTD never forgets…

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 12:24 - Apr 21 with 1142 viewsmonytowbray

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 12:20 - Apr 21 by Ely_Blue

The only issue is if the government “admit to some mistakes” this wouldn’t appease the gutter press that we have in this country, it would just have these leeches on society that call themselves journalists smelling the scent of blood and go further and further until people in the government, who are doing a pretty good job despite some of these mistakes, end up humiliated and out of a job

Yeah, just the small mistake of a 5 figure death toll and health workers being forced to risk their lives due to a lack of protective gear. No big deal really when you look at the bigger picture.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

TWTD never forgets…

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 12:26 - Apr 21 with 1136 viewsHerbivore

Having a break for lunch so decided to read the article fully. My oh my, what an unmitigated crock of horsesh!t.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 12:28 - Apr 21 with 1131 viewsEwan_Oozami

When the Govt resort to creating fake social media profiles purporting to be real people to try and get their message across I think we're all entitled to ask WTF is going on? Apart from the MSM that is, who very rarely pick up on these astroturfing campaigns!

If I felt the Govt were treating us with a bit of respect and actually caring about people who aren't rich, and weren't continually gaslighting us, I might feel just a tad more positive...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 12:48 - Apr 21 with 1104 viewseireblue

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 11:51 - Apr 21 by BloomBlue

Or maybe I like to think differently, you clearly think the WHO never make any mistakes and that's fine that's your choice as I said for me the anti body test is the key test and if the Gov doesn't get it sort then I will condemn them for that

How well do you think the UK is doing so far on the anti-body tests?
Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 13:06 - Apr 21 with 1083 viewsfactual_blue

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 12:26 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

Having a break for lunch so decided to read the article fully. My oh my, what an unmitigated crock of horsesh!t.

In the main, blogs are just vanity publishing.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 13:15 - Apr 21 with 1078 viewsSwansea_Blue

If people want "hope optimism and faith", they can listen to what's coming out of the government. There'll also be 'spirit of the Blitz' thrown in extra for free.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 13:25 - Apr 21 with 1057 viewsSomethingBlue

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 12:26 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

It's classic Brexity fingers-in-ears "BELIEVE!!!" nonsense. Sadly it is how a frighteningly vast proportion of the population are conditioned to think. How on earth has it come to this.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 13:30 - Apr 21 with 1051 viewsHerbivore

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 13:25 - Apr 21 by SomethingBlue

It's classic Brexity fingers-in-ears "BELIEVE!!!" nonsense. Sadly it is how a frighteningly vast proportion of the population are conditioned to think. How on earth has it come to this.

All this World War II rhetoric is just bizarre. The whole "get behind your country" nonsense underlying it is really quite insulting when the vision of the country they are peddling is not one any intelligent, civilised individual would wish to support.

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 13:42 - Apr 21 with 1031 viewsSwansea_Blue

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 13:30 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

All this World War II rhetoric is just bizarre. The whole "get behind your country" nonsense underlying it is really quite insulting when the vision of the country they are peddling is not one any intelligent, civilised individual would wish to support.

Quite bizarre how it's always brought back to the War.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 13:42 - Apr 21 with 1031 viewsfactual_blue

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 13:30 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

Plus they have no concept of what WW2 was like for ordinary people. More often than not they don't even know what happened during the war in any great depth.

Apart from the fact that 'we stood alone'. (For a relatively short period, and even then with the armies and resources of the Dominions. And the growing tacit support of the USA).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 14:22 - Apr 21 with 1000 viewsEly_Blue

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 12:24 - Apr 21 by monytowbray

Yeah, just the small mistake of a 5 figure death toll and health workers being forced to risk their lives due to a lack of protective gear. No big deal really when you look at the bigger picture.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

So pretty much the same as for 3 out of 4 of the other big countries in Europe then, holy sh1t every country bar Germany must have made monumental c0ck ups then?

I don’t see people calling for the heads of government in those countries?

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 15:21 - Apr 21 with 974 viewsHerbivore

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 14:22 - Apr 21 by Ely_Blue

So pretty much the same as for 3 out of 4 of the other big countries in Europe then, holy sh1t every country bar Germany must have made monumental c0ck ups then?

We were 2 to 3 weeks behind those countries in terms of the spread of the virus. That gave us an opportunity to avoid rather than follow their trajectory. We decided to sit on our hands and take a similar path.

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 15:23 - Apr 21 with 969 viewsSpruceMoose

You are aware that every country was operating on a different timeline right? As such, a few fortunate countries, such as the UK, had extra time to prepare. In theory.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 15:59 - Apr 21 with 933 viewsmonytowbray

France and Spain were 2 weeks ahead of us and hit first. They had no warning. The other 2 (us and the USA) did and we decided to ignore it.

You’d have to remove a hell of a lot of context and actual events to make your post become the reality of the situation.

Herd immunity. Never forget those two words.

TWTD never forgets…

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 17:49 - Apr 21 with 897 viewsSharkey

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 13:06 - Apr 21 by factual_blue

In the main, blogs are just vanity publishing.

That's how I feel about tweets, on the whole. (It may be unfair, as I don't really follow twitter.)
Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 20:15 - Apr 21 with 853 viewsEly_Blue

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 15:59 - Apr 21 by monytowbray

France and Spain were 2 weeks ahead of us and hit first. They had no warning. The other 2 (us and the USA) did and we decided to ignore it.

You’d have to remove a hell of a lot of context and actual events to make your post become the reality of the situation.

Herd immunity. Never forget those two words.

Ok let’s have. Look at deaths per 1m of the population then for a bit more context shall we Spain has nearly double per million Italy has way over 1.5 times as many, that’s without mentioning the Belgians who have double of our number of deaths per million at over 500! Our health service hasn’t struggled with number like Italy (one of the best in the world) did, our people aren’t on the verge of civil unrest like they were/are in Italy. Now maybe what about directing some of the hatred and disgust towards those idiots who (if I am correct) live in the same city as you callis? Those out sitting in parks, going out and standing in groups on the streets?

Would you have rather the government had turned us into a police state or would you be complaining that things had gone too far?

I still wager that come the end of this we will not be as badly off as any of those countries

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 20:56 - Apr 21 with 840 viewsHerbivore

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 20:15 - Apr 21 by Ely_Blue

Ok let’s have. Look at deaths per 1m of the population then for a bit more context shall we Spain has nearly double per million Italy has way over 1.5 times as many, that’s without mentioning the Belgians who have double of our number of deaths per million at over 500! Our health service hasn’t struggled with number like Italy (one of the best in the world) did, our people aren’t on the verge of civil unrest like they were/are in Italy. Now maybe what about directing some of the hatred and disgust towards those idiots who (if I am correct) live in the same city as you callis? Those out sitting in parks, going out and standing in groups on the streets?

Would you have rather the government had turned us into a police state or would you be complaining that things had gone too far?

I still wager that come the end of this we will not be as badly off as any of those countries

Which part of Spain and Italy being 2 to 3 weeks ahead of us are you struggling with? They've had more deaths relative to population because they've been at or around the peak for longer than we have. We had over 800 deaths announced today, Spain and Italy haven't had tolls that high in weeks and are closer to half that number now.

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 21:21 - Apr 21 with 827 viewsmonytowbray

You did a good job of ignoring the point there.

TWTD never forgets…

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 21:23 - Apr 21 with 825 viewsmonytowbray

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 20:56 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

Which part of Spain and Italy being 2 to 3 weeks ahead of us are you struggling with? They've had more deaths relative to population because they've been at or around the peak for longer than we have. We had over 800 deaths announced today, Spain and Italy haven't had tolls that high in weeks and are closer to half that number now.

We hit peak two weeks ago apparently, despite the numbers continuing to rise.

TWTD never forgets…

Journalism is missing the mood of the country on 21:40 - Apr 21 with 814 viewsm14_blue

And if you lose that wager will you accept that the government has a hell of a lot of explaining to do?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024