Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts 16:45 - Apr 21 with 3176 viewsTommyparker

Twitter says it does not currently see evidence that the UK government has tried to manipulate cornonavirus using fake accounts.
It comes after claims began circulating on social media implying the Department of Health and social care was behind a network of Twitter accounts pretending to be NHS staff.
The Department of Health tweeted that the claims were " categorically false".
Twitter adds that it " will remove any pockets of smaller coordinated attempts to distort or inorganically influence the conversation".
The BBC also currently has no evidence to support the suggestion these allegedly fake accounts had anything to do with the UK government.
No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 16:46 - Apr 21 with 1453 viewsPinewoodblue

Spoil sport.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 16:57 - Apr 21 with 1404 viewsmonytowbray

I'm sure they are 100% telling the truth based on the fact there is no strong evidence they've been setting up bots to post supportive messages for at least a year and they suppressed the Russia Report because it contained no incriminating information at all.

I'm also 100% sure, whilst we are here, that Cambridge Analytica are also completely innocent too.

The other two sources, BBC and Twitter haven't ruled it out either, they've just said at present they see no evidence.

Can we stop posting PR spin as fact now?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 17:01 - Apr 21 with 1392 viewsbournemouthblue

It's not like the Tory Party would have form for this is it?

[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 17:03]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 17:05 - Apr 21 with 1375 viewsmonytowbray

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 17:01 - Apr 21 by bournemouthblue

The compulsive liars who continually get caught lying have said it isn’t true so CHECK MATE.

TWTD never forgets…

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 17:28 - Apr 21 with 1337 viewssparks

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 17:01 - Apr 21 by bournemouthblue

That's okay then. Evidence is unecessary....

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 18:16 - Apr 21 with 1304 viewsbournemouthblue

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 17:28 - Apr 21 by sparks

That's okay then. Evidence is unecessary....

Of course it's necessary but when they are willing to lie as blatantly as this, it would hardly be a surprise would it?

It's like the boy who cried wolf

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 18:34 - Apr 21 with 1279 viewssparks

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 18:16 - Apr 21 by bournemouthblue

Of course it's necessary but when they are willing to lie as blatantly as this, it would hardly be a surprise would it?

It's like the boy who cried wolf

Heres the problem....

You juxtapose that with the story and you are essentially saying its reasonable to assume without evidence. This is how people are now reaosning, and how the media manipulate us.

Its like that dreadful times articlet he other day which effectively said- people may have died as a result of failings. Boris missed some meetings. Deliberately and disingenuously juxtaposing the two to persuade people that the two were inevitably connected.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 18:46 - Apr 21 with 1257 viewsNthQldITFC

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 18:34 - Apr 21 by sparks

Heres the problem....

You juxtapose that with the story and you are essentially saying its reasonable to assume without evidence. This is how people are now reaosning, and how the media manipulate us.

Its like that dreadful times articlet he other day which effectively said- people may have died as a result of failings. Boris missed some meetings. Deliberately and disingenuously juxtaposing the two to persuade people that the two were inevitably connected.

Irrespective of any vague political leanings I may have, I agree with you.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 18:48 - Apr 21 with 1251 viewsLord_Lucan

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 18:46 - Apr 21 by NthQldITFC

Irrespective of any vague political leanings I may have, I agree with you.

24 Hour news is the problem, as is social media.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 18:51 - Apr 21 with 1234 viewsSwansea_Blue

Phew, that's all cleared up then.

I don't really care about another Twitstorm; we'll never know how they've been attempting to influence the conversation around this. They will have been to some extent, as that's what they do. But they may not be in this case. We can't prove it one way or the other for now.

I just love the thought of the irony if these allegations against Cummings are actually false. It'll make a change for him to be on the receiving end of lies for once.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but they've built careers around decieving people.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 18:52 - Apr 21 with 1235 viewsDanTheMan

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 18:51 - Apr 21 by Swansea_Blue

Phew, that's all cleared up then.

I don't really care about another Twitstorm; we'll never know how they've been attempting to influence the conversation around this. They will have been to some extent, as that's what they do. But they may not be in this case. We can't prove it one way or the other for now.

I just love the thought of the irony if these allegations against Cummings are actually false. It'll make a change for him to be on the receiving end of lies for once.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but they've built careers around decieving people.

Meanwhile though...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-uk-eu-medical-equipme

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 18:55 - Apr 21 with 1222 viewsfooters

Good that Twitter will only remove the smaller coordinated attempts and not the larger ones.

Great to see that so many people have become super suspicious of source material now. I remember just a few months ago when even a mere accusation on Twitter became gospel for some.

Funny old world.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 18:56 - Apr 21 with 1212 viewsgiant_stow

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 18:34 - Apr 21 by sparks

Heres the problem....

If people aren't inclined to believe the tories now, then I don;t think they can whinge about it given their past behaviour. This was always why it was important for them not to bullsh1t.

(I've no idea about this twitter thing - haven't read about it - mean generally)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 19:06 - Apr 21 with 1182 viewsTommyparker

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 18:52 - Apr 21 by DanTheMan

Meanwhile though...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-uk-eu-medical-equipme

The scheme has not yet delivered any items to it's participants. Ventilators will be ready in ten weeks.
No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 19:11 - Apr 21 with 1170 viewsDanTheMan

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 19:06 - Apr 21 by Tommyparker

The scheme has not yet delivered any items to it's participants. Ventilators will be ready in ten weeks.

That's great and all, but why lie about it?

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 19:38 - Apr 21 with 1138 viewsTommyparker

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 19:11 - Apr 21 by DanTheMan

That's great and all, but why lie about it?

Whitehall sources have since suggested Sir Simon " misspoke" and that clarification of his remarks will be forthcoming.
No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 19:40 - Apr 21 with 1130 viewsLord_Lucan

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 19:38 - Apr 21 by Tommyparker

Whitehall sources have since suggested Sir Simon " misspoke" and that clarification of his remarks will be forthcoming.

Ha Ha

Misspoke

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 19:46 - Apr 21 with 1113 viewsBlueBadger

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 18:48 - Apr 21 by Lord_Lucan

24 Hour news is the problem, as is social media.

...but not politicians who persistently and blatantly lie, double down on it and utilise it as a strategy?

I saw this a few times in the last day or so, thought 'it looks dodgy' so didn't pass it on particularly after doing roughly 30 seconds' googling, but I can see how people might believe it, given how it's precisely the sort of thing they've pulled in the past - remember the invented welfare claimants from a few years ago?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/aug/18/dwp-admits-making-up-positive-qu

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 19:51 - Apr 21 with 1100 viewsmonytowbray

Heres the problem....

This is an internet forum, not a court.

TWTD never forgets…

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 19:55 - Apr 21 with 1090 viewssparks

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 18:56 - Apr 21 by giant_stow

If people aren't inclined to believe the tories now, then I don;t think they can whinge about it given their past behaviour. This was always why it was important for them not to bullsh1t.

(I've no idea about this twitter thing - haven't read about it - mean generally)

You are being an apologist for dishonest spin.

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 19:55 - Apr 21 with 1086 viewsfooters

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 19:55 - Apr 21 by sparks

How do you know it's dishonest?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 20:01 - Apr 21 with 1070 viewsmonytowbray

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 19:55 - Apr 21 by footers

How do you know it's dishonest?

Because he’s a Tory.

TWTD never forgets…

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 20:04 - Apr 21 with 1065 viewsgiant_stow

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 19:55 - Apr 21 by sparks

bollox! I'm not up on this particular story - I'm just saying that their previous behaviour is coming back on them - they're proven bullsh1tters.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 20:20 - Apr 21 with 1031 viewsDanTheMan

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 19:38 - Apr 21 by Tommyparker

LOL of course.

Oopsy didn't mean to, even when asked multiple times very specifically.

No evidence linking UK government to fake NHS accounts on 20:31 - Apr 21 with 1015 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Their official party has form for this, as pointed out. That should ring massive alarm bells that the party of power would act like that.

However, you are right there is no evidence either way. It is quite likely they may have learned their lesson and these accounts (that appear to exist) are run by individuals (who may or may not have official roles within the party) rather than set up by the official party.

The problem is partly the propensity for disinformation and partly the proven form of the Conservative Party for being at the centre of it. It is also partly that those who support the party seem to see no problem with it.

At least admit they have form for it and that alone is disgraceful.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024