Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good Afternoon all, 15:54 - Apr 28 with 2056 viewsLibero

I hope we are all keeping healthy and following the government guidance.
I'm a fit an active 31 year old bloke but I started feeling really unwell 16/03
the most prominent symptoms I suffered were...

- sore throat and runny nose
- full body aches and lethargy
- hot/cold sweats and tiredness
- shooting pains in stomach
- shooting pain in knee cartilage/ham string (old injuries aggravated)
- dry cough (increasing in severity over the weeks and often to the point of vomiting)
- over sensitivity to ambient temperature re: coughing
- headaches/pressure in head, sensitive to movement and/or bending down & standing up
- tinnitus like ringing in ears and issues hearing
- burning behind the eyes & conjunctivitis
- waking up unable to immediately breath due to throat pain
- eye lashes sealing together when sleeping
- loss of voice from coughing
- cloudy vision
- temporary black out of vision

It was bloody horrendous, I actually ended up contracting pneumonia.
Thankfully the pneumonia shifted pretty sharpish after the Doctor prescribed some antibiotics but I'm only now starting to feel fully recovered 5/6 weeks on.

I'm very grateful that my wife and son only experienced mild symptoms but at its worst it was a very surreal and scary time.

I haven't been a poster on here for quite some time but I do read the forum most days, I understand I'm late to the party and Lucan was patient zero but I hope nobody else has gone through the ringer. x

[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 15:55]
Good Afternoon all, on 15:56 - Apr 28 with 1780 viewsJ2BLUE

Glad you've recovered. Welcome back.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good Afternoon all, on 15:58 - Apr 28 with 1759 viewsbluelagos

Good to hear from you Libby, and glad you are better.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Good Afternoon all, on 15:59 - Apr 28 with 1756 viewshomer_123

Glad you are OK.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Good Afternoon all, on 16:00 - Apr 28 with 1735 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bloody hell Libby. Sorry to hear you were unwell and glad you are recovering.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Good Afternoon all, on 16:00 - Apr 28 with 1742 viewsgainsboroughblue

Welcome back Libs. Sounds awful but so glad you've come through it.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Good Afternoon all, on 16:04 - Apr 28 with 1716 viewscatch74

Welcome back and glad you’re through that, sounds dreadful.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Good Afternoon all, on 16:06 - Apr 28 with 1709 viewsLibero

Good Afternoon all, on 16:00 - Apr 28 by GlasgowBlue

Bloody hell Libby. Sorry to hear you were unwell and glad you are recovering.

I'm one of the lucky one's, I can't imagine an elderly or vulnerable person being hit with the level of symptoms I had.
Good Afternoon all, on 16:09 - Apr 28 with 1696 viewsNewcyBlue

How’s the boy? I was wondering how you were getting on with fatherhood!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

Good Afternoon all, on 16:10 - Apr 28 with 1691 viewsjeera

Hello mate.

Glad you've made a recovery and of course that the family are ok too.

I was rough early doors and am still constantly coughing many, many weeks later, but am working on 'reclaiming' my lungs; short walks with the odd running spurt, (short as in literally several yards), before struggling for breath.

Chest is still tight and sore.

Have I had it? Heck knows. I called it a virus at the time because that's exactly how it felt, but at that time of year it could have been anything and I've only had over the phone consultations.

I can't be that bad as it hasn't stopped me getting a load of Adnams delivered.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Good Afternoon all, on 16:11 - Apr 28 with 1686 viewsLibero

Good Afternoon all, on 16:09 - Apr 28 by NewcyBlue

How’s the boy? I was wondering how you were getting on with fatherhood!

He's an absolute delight mate, I really lucked out.
Incredible temperament, always smiling and laughing and barely ever bloody cries.
Good Afternoon all, on 16:14 - Apr 28 with 1667 viewsLibero

Good Afternoon all, on 16:10 - Apr 28 by jeera

Hello mate.

Glad you've made a recovery and of course that the family are ok too.

I was rough early doors and am still constantly coughing many, many weeks later, but am working on 'reclaiming' my lungs; short walks with the odd running spurt, (short as in literally several yards), before struggling for breath.

Chest is still tight and sore.

Have I had it? Heck knows. I called it a virus at the time because that's exactly how it felt, but at that time of year it could have been anything and I've only had over the phone consultations.

I can't be that bad as it hasn't stopped me getting a load of Adnams delivered.

I'm so sorry to hear you've had a bad time of it too.

I had three false dawns where I thought I was getting better only to get slapped backwards to square one, so frustrating. I lost my voice for five weeks and only as of Sunday am I starting to sound less like Marge Simpson and more like Libero.

That's the spirit mate, covid or flu's we're on the booze. xoxo
Good Afternoon all, on 16:16 - Apr 28 with 1655 viewsBlueBadger

Glad to see you back and have you well sir.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good Afternoon all, on 16:18 - Apr 28 with 1648 viewsSteve_M

Bloody hell, nasty. Glad you're improving now Libs.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Good Afternoon all, on 16:26 - Apr 28 with 1644 viewsMullet

You're the 2nd (ex?) TWTDer I know who's had it and reported very similar issues. People aren're really understanding it affects anyone and doesn't care or take into consideration anything about you.

Heal up old fruit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Good Afternoon all, on 16:47 - Apr 28 with 1600 viewsfactual_blue

Nice to see you back, and in the pink.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Good Afternoon all, on 16:48 - Apr 28 with 1598 viewsBlueBadger

Good Afternoon all, on 16:11 - Apr 28 by Libero

Incredible temperament, always smiling and laughing and barely ever bloody cries.

So, he takes after his mother's side of the family?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert out. (n/t) on 16:57 - Apr 28 with 1574 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Good Afternoon all, on 17:11 - Apr 28 with 1554 viewsNewcyBlue

Good Afternoon all, on 16:11 - Apr 28 by Libero

Excellent to hear, how old is he now? You'll have to take him along to Portman Road soon! That'll wipe the smile off his face!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Good Afternoon all, on 17:49 - Apr 28 with 1515 viewsLibero

Good Afternoon all, on 17:11 - Apr 28 by NewcyBlue

Excellent to hear, how old is he now? You'll have to take him along to Portman Road soon! That'll wipe the smile off his face!

Nine months today!

I’m very much looking forward to taking him one day, whatever football looks like in the future.
Good Afternoon all, on 18:42 - Apr 28 with 1462 viewseireblue

Hmmm Libero returns, and so does the PM.

Sounds awful, glad you all got through it.
Good Afternoon all, on 18:45 - Apr 28 with 1463 viewsLibero

Good Afternoon all, on 18:42 - Apr 28 by eireblue

Hmmm Libero returns, and so does the PM.

Sounds awful, glad you all got through it.

Just before I stopped posting, someone on here did claim I was a Tory, lol.

Cheers bud, I’m rather ignorant of how the virus is effecting Ireland. I assume you’re all on lockdown/social distance measures in place too?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 18:45]
Good Afternoon all, on 18:55 - Apr 28 with 1435 viewseireblue

Good Afternoon all, on 18:45 - Apr 28 by Libero

Just before I stopped posting, someone on here did claim I was a Tory, lol.

Cheers bud, I’m rather ignorant of how the virus is effecting Ireland. I assume you’re all on lockdown/social distance measures in place too?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 18:45]

I live in the U.K. at the moment, But yep all the family back home are locked down and have to stay 2km from home.

I was travelling in March and intending to do a St Patrick’s day, when that was cancelled, then we new it was really serious.
Good Afternoon all, on 18:57 - Apr 28 with 1432 viewsHerbivore

Sounds horrendous mate, glad you're on the mend and that life is otherwise treating you well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good Afternoon all, on 09:54 - Jul 16 with 1019 viewsLibero

4 months ago today I started suffering Covid-19 symptoms.

After experiencing some pretty rough after effects I'm currently undergoing tests to try and ascertain just how badly damaged my body still is.

I guess the headlines atm are...
- I can't walk my 15 minute walk to work without profusely sweating and getting out of breath, whatever the weather.
- I also suffer incredibly high levels of lethargy any time I have to do any kind of physical movement.
- Bending over to do the dishwasher/going up stairs/walking at an incline or decline leaves me breathless
- Recently (last 2 weeks) when laying in bed in certain positions breathing is very difficult/shallow

Terrified of getting it again tbh, so when I'm laying in bed feeling my breathing getting shallower I can get pretty paranoid and convince myself that maybe I've picked it up again, is pretty mentally exhausting and if I'm honest it probably is having an effect on my mental health. Previously in June I'd put down a few of the after effects to hayfever and assumed a bit of it was psychosomatic (see thread below)
Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 by Libero 2 Jun 2020 15:06
I've been told that it's a particularly 'bad year' for hayfever sufferers, I've no idea how valid a statement that is, it sounds like something trite that I hear repeated most years but I must admit that ever since experiencing the virus I have been waking up most mornings with hayfever like symptoms and often around this time in the afternoon find myself getting a rather sore throat. I've never previously suffered from hayfever...

I've spoken to the Doctor, who appears unworried and has attributed it to hayfever but the anxiety levels are bubbling away nicely despite being controllable right now.

Anyway, it's got me thinking.
Come November/December once enough time has gone by for me to be concerned about any potential immunity wearing off I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be hyper vigilant with any cold or flu like symptoms and that my anxiety and paranoia levels with be somewhat enhanced.

Something's going to happen before then? Right? We're not going to have to lock ourselves away for two weeks every time we get a sniffle, are we?

Pretty bummed out, my Doctor has warned me it could be lung damage but I've got to have bloods taken and then have some sort of scan before they can tell me anything for certain.

Regardless, I think in my mind I've accepted that I've some form of lasting damage.
You know when you don't feel right in yourself.

A lot of the after effects actually reminds me of when I was an obese bloke, not sure if that's relevant or not but it's odd feeling like my body is under the same pressure it was when I was 19 stone, but in a 14 stone body.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 10:06]
Good Afternoon all, on 10:14 - Jul 16 with 968 viewsSteve_M

Good Afternoon all, on 09:54 - Jul 16 by Libero

4 months ago today I started suffering Covid-19 symptoms.

After experiencing some pretty rough after effects I'm currently undergoing tests to try and ascertain just how badly damaged my body still is.

I guess the headlines atm are...
- I can't walk my 15 minute walk to work without profusely sweating and getting out of breath, whatever the weather.
- I also suffer incredibly high levels of lethargy any time I have to do any kind of physical movement.
- Bending over to do the dishwasher/going up stairs/walking at an incline or decline leaves me breathless
- Recently (last 2 weeks) when laying in bed in certain positions breathing is very difficult/shallow

Terrified of getting it again tbh, so when I'm laying in bed feeling my breathing getting shallower I can get pretty paranoid and convince myself that maybe I've picked it up again, is pretty mentally exhausting and if I'm honest it probably is having an effect on my mental health. Previously in June I'd put down a few of the after effects to hayfever and assumed a bit of it was psychosomatic (see thread below)
Paranoia enhanced by experiencing Covid-19 by Libero 2 Jun 2020 15:06
I've been told that it's a particularly 'bad year' for hayfever sufferers, I've no idea how valid a statement that is, it sounds like something trite that I hear repeated most years but I must admit that ever since experiencing the virus I have been waking up most mornings with hayfever like symptoms and often around this time in the afternoon find myself getting a rather sore throat. I've never previously suffered from hayfever...

I've spoken to the Doctor, who appears unworried and has attributed it to hayfever but the anxiety levels are bubbling away nicely despite being controllable right now.

Anyway, it's got me thinking.
Come November/December once enough time has gone by for me to be concerned about any potential immunity wearing off I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be hyper vigilant with any cold or flu like symptoms and that my anxiety and paranoia levels with be somewhat enhanced.

Something's going to happen before then? Right? We're not going to have to lock ourselves away for two weeks every time we get a sniffle, are we?

Pretty bummed out, my Doctor has warned me it could be lung damage but I've got to have bloods taken and then have some sort of scan before they can tell me anything for certain.

Regardless, I think in my mind I've accepted that I've some form of lasting damage.
You know when you don't feel right in yourself.

A lot of the after effects actually reminds me of when I was an obese bloke, not sure if that's relevant or not but it's odd feeling like my body is under the same pressure it was when I was 19 stone, but in a 14 stone body.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 10:06]

That sounds really frustrating. Are you documenting this week by week? It might help see some progress over a long time.

But beyond that, my best wishes. It's going to be a long haul - as you realise - but keep posting on here about it if it helps you.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024