Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) 17:04 - May 24 with 7011 viewsGeoffSentence

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:35 - May 24 with 1141 viewsShawsey

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:28 - May 24 by bluelagos

I'd add that the eye witness said he was there with his family. Who goes exercising with their 4 year old son?

Going for a walk is classed as exercise.
Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:37 - May 24 with 1129 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:31 - May 24 by Trequartista

Perfectly reasonable points - but I think you are wrong that the general public don't care in this case. They didn't know or care about Dominic Cummings before this week, but from my early feel, they do now that has been highlighted who he is, what he has done, and the fool it has made of the prime minister at his press conference (a fool of his own making for backing him).

Purely from a political point of view I still can’t believe that Johnson would risk any majority support his government has and the next election for an adviser who isn’t even a member of the Conservative Party.

And that’s before we move on the the moral case for sacking him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:40 - May 24 with 1118 viewsTrequartista

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:37 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

Purely from a political point of view I still can’t believe that Johnson would risk any majority support his government has and the next election for an adviser who isn’t even a member of the Conservative Party.

I was expecting him to sack him as chief political strategist, use him in an unofficial capacity, and then appoint him as director of communications when all had died down.

Does Cummings have some huge dirt to dish if he was removed i wonder?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:41 - May 24 with 1117 viewsShawsey

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:37 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

I was totally shocked. When he started, I thought, Here we go, Cummings sacked or resigned. No, A Prime Minister defending an aide who has clearly broken lockdown rules. We are threatened with fines of £1000 if we break these rules, yet his mate can do as he pleased. Total B0ll0cks the lot of it.
Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:43 - May 24 with 1106 viewsShawsey

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:40 - May 24 by Trequartista

I was expecting him to sack him as chief political strategist, use him in an unofficial capacity, and then appoint him as director of communications when all had died down.

I think the conversation went something like, "yes Boris you can sack me, but then I will go to the papers with all I know about you". Then the PM comes out with that total rubbish in his defence. Sad day for this countries politics.
Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:50 - May 24 with 1093 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:41 - May 24 by Shawsey

I was totally shocked. When he started, I thought, Here we go, Cummings sacked or resigned. No, A Prime Minister defending an aide who has clearly broken lockdown rules. We are threatened with fines of £1000 if we break these rules, yet his mate can do as he pleased. Total B0ll0cks the lot of it.

Not just rules, laws I believe as enshrined in The Health Protection (Coronavirus) Regulations 2020.

He broke the law. It's as simple as that. But then so has Johnson in an official capacity, so I guess he's in good company.

Total B0ll0cks indeed. Where does this leave the Government and it's attempt to enforce this or future lockdowns? It must be practically unenforceable now I'd have thought. Dunno. It certainly makes it a lot harder (again, after Johnson's car crash statement a couple of weeks ago).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:58 - May 24 with 1076 viewsvapour_trail

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 17:30 - May 24 by The_Last_Baron

Gentlemen, Cummings isn't going anywhere. He is the chief advisor to BoJo and helped mastermind a landslide GE victory five months ago. Did you honestly think he would be sacked.

There are two things to remember. Social media and Internet forums are in the main dominated by the left. They do not reflect public opinion at large. Otherwise Labour would have won the election and the EU ref would have been 70 per cent remain.

Most of the general public don't care about this story.

And secondly the people in charge of things in this country, not just in politics but in business, the media and nearly every other facet of life are hypocrites. They will do what they want while telling the plebs how they should behave. Doesn't matter who is in charge, they're all the same.

Some truth in this, TLB, along with your trademark swivel-eyed content.

One point in particular:

Most of the general public don’t care about this story.

My view is that you’ve called this wrong. Most people have observed the government guidance, even as family members became ill and died, and cremated or buried without them saying goodbye. Most people will be disgusted with Johnson and Cummings.

It will make little odds, they’re not answerable to anyone until late 2024.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 20:01 - May 24 with 1067 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:43 - May 24 by Shawsey

I think the conversation went something like, "yes Boris you can sack me, but then I will go to the papers with all I know about you". Then the PM comes out with that total rubbish in his defence. Sad day for this countries politics.

I don't think so. I think it'll be more a case of Cummings convincing him of all the great things they can achieve together. Just a hunch, but I'm fairly sure BJ would be fecked without him. Cummings has built Johnson's house of cards out of a pack of lies and misdirection and I reckon Johnson knows he's the only one who can keep it standing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 21:21 - May 24 with 1017 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:40 - May 24 by Trequartista

That was my thinking re the final paragraph, or perhaps Boris himself hasn’t been whiter than white on the lockdown (outside of when he was in intensive care of course) and has his hands tied as he knows that sacking him would leave him completely exposed if it was to come out that he himself had breached it

I think it will prove hugely costly though. I think sometimes people get a bit over-excited by things like this when no one in the real world really cares but seems to me that people are genuinely angry over this - and probably would have been something Boris could actually have benefitted from had they acted swiftly and removed him

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 22:14 - May 24 with 981 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I'm wondering about the practicalities of Johnson sacking Cummings. How can the dummy sack the ventriloquist?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 08:53 - May 25 with 895 viewsDubtractor

Is there a worse current MP than this shambles?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 09:00 - May 25 with 884 viewsHerbivore

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 08:53 - May 25 by Dubtractor

Is there a worse current MP than this shambles?

Utterly pathetic. They want this to just go away but it won't. I don't think they realise just how angry a lot of people are, and justifiably so.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024