Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) 17:04 - May 24 with 7009 viewsGeoffSentence

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 18:59 - May 24 with 782 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 18:31 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

It’s not a game.

It is to them. They've been completely brainwashed. I see similarities with radicalised islamic extremists and other fringe groups where the vulnerable and naive are manipulated. I don't know whether to loathe them or feel sorry for them. Suppose that depends on how far down the rabbit hole they are and whether they're prepared to at least reflect on what they're doing.

It's getting silly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 18:59 - May 24 with 782 viewsfooters

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 18:55 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

You may be able to help me understand this as I’m sure we had discussed the subject not long after the lockdown started.

The story now seems to be that Cummings didn’t make a second trip to Durham as reported but instead went to Durham, self isolated for 14 days and drive to Bernard Castle as part of his daily exercise regime.

Barnyard Castle is thirty miles from where he was staying.

Was there a restriction on the distance you could travel for exercise?

Are you actually trying to mount a defence here? Lol.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:04 - May 24 with 738 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 17:30 - May 24 by The_Last_Baron

Gentlemen, Cummings isn't going anywhere. He is the chief advisor to BoJo and helped mastermind a landslide GE victory five months ago. Did you honestly think he would be sacked.

There are two things to remember. Social media and Internet forums are in the main dominated by the left. They do not reflect public opinion at large. Otherwise Labour would have won the election and the EU ref would have been 70 per cent remain.

Most of the general public don't care about this story.

And secondly the people in charge of things in this country, not just in politics but in business, the media and nearly every other facet of life are hypocrites. They will do what they want while telling the plebs how they should behave. Doesn't matter who is in charge, they're all the same.

“Social media and Internet forums are in the main dominated by the left.”

You clearly have little knowledge of social media and Internet forums, either that or you’re so far to the right that everything appears left to you. If only politics were as simple as left and right life would be so much easier.
Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:04 - May 24 with 737 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 18:58 - May 24 by m14_blue

You can’t go out of your front door if you’re self isolating because someone in the house has symptoms.

Daily exercise is not allowed.

I know. The version I read was that the trip came after the 14 days self isolation.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:05 - May 24 with 724 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 18:59 - May 24 by footers

Are you actually trying to mount a defence here? Lol.

What part of “Cummings should be sacked” did you struggle to understand?

I’ve read a version of the story and I’m trying to clarify something from Lagos as we discussed this quite a while ago as I was very anti travelling for exercise.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 19:06]

Iron Lion Zion

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:07 - May 24 with 707 viewsfooters

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:05 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

What part of “Cummings should be sacked” did you struggle to understand?

I’ve read a version of the story and I’m trying to clarify something from Lagos as we discussed this quite a while ago as I was very anti travelling for exercise.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 19:06]

Salty. Glad your boys are doing such a sterling job though. Keep it up!

Edit: Nice edit, gibbers. Keep on gibberin'.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 19:07]

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:08 - May 24 with 698 viewsbluelagos

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 18:55 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

You may be able to help me understand this as I’m sure we had discussed the subject not long after the lockdown started.

The story now seems to be that Cummings didn’t make a second trip to Durham as reported but instead went to Durham, self isolated for 14 days and drive to Bernard Castle as part of his daily exercise regime.

Barnyard Castle is thirty miles from where he was staying.

Was there a restriction on the distance you could travel for exercise?

The police position (cant remember when they published it) was that you could travel a reasonable distance to exercise. They gave the example of the time exercising being longer than the time travelling, that would be reasonable.

But it was never defined more than that by the police or the guidelines.

The spotting of him 30 miles from Durham was not for exercise as far as reported. Watch c4 news on c4+1 in 5 mins...y

Edit, Skynews just said he was walking, so maybe exercise. Also said it was a 45 min drive from Durham.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 19:09]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:10 - May 24 with 683 viewsmonytowbray

FYI, Baron is a troll with multiple accounts. He forgot to log out of one and replied to himself the other day...

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:11 - May 24 with 668 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:10 - May 24 by monytowbray

FYI, Baron is a troll with multiple accounts. He forgot to log out of one and replied to himself the other day...

I think we will be stuck with him for the foreseeable future sadly.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:12 - May 24 with 666 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:07 - May 24 by footers

Salty. Glad your boys are doing such a sterling job though. Keep it up!

Edit: Nice edit, gibbers. Keep on gibberin'.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 19:07]

And for avoidance of doubt regarding my views on the Cummings trio to Durham.

We're all in it together pt2736 by GlasgowBlue 22 May 2020 21:02
Should be sacked by morning

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings by GlasgowBlue 23 May 2020 12:59
Indeed. If both parents we so ill as to not be able to look after their children then they shouldn't be driving from one end of the country to the other.

Far too many holes in this story so I would imagine their will be more to come out.

Cummings will have to go in the end so why not sack him now and look decisive?

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings by GlasgowBlue 23 May 2020 13:07
But Cummings wasn't showing symptoms at the time so this is nonsense. And are they seriously suggesting that a high profile person such as Cummings couldn't have arranged for somebody in London to take his kids for seven days?

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings by GlasgowBlue 23 May 2020 13:37
But Cummings wasn't so he was perfectly capable of looking after his kids.

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings by GlasgowBlue 23 May 2020 13:59
Could he get from London to Durham without stopping for petrol? Without him, his kids or his wife needing to use the services for a pee?

Imagine the amount of people he may well have come into contact with during his journey.

Completely irresponsible and for somebody in his position it's a resigning/sacking matter.

A quick screenshot should save you the bother next time.

Is trying to establish facts now considered a defence?

Iron Lion Zion

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:15 - May 24 with 643 viewsbluelagos

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 18:58 - May 24 by m14_blue

You can’t go out of your front door if you’re self isolating because someone in the house has symptoms.

Daily exercise is not allowed.

So Grant Shapps this morning hinted that the trip to Barnhard Castle was after the 14 day isolation.

So it could have been legit, except he should have been in London in that case. Suppose he could have been exercising en route home.

I reckon the police or mobile phone companies could run a check on his mobile or an Anpr check, though unless they were investigating a serious crime, that is very unlikely to happen.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 19:20]

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:15 - May 24 with 642 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:08 - May 24 by bluelagos

The police position (cant remember when they published it) was that you could travel a reasonable distance to exercise. They gave the example of the time exercising being longer than the time travelling, that would be reasonable.

But it was never defined more than that by the police or the guidelines.

The spotting of him 30 miles from Durham was not for exercise as far as reported. Watch c4 news on c4+1 in 5 mins...y

Edit, Skynews just said he was walking, so maybe exercise. Also said it was a 45 min drive from Durham.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 19:09]

Cheers. So his defence (not mine in case the thickos think I’m in any way defending a man I believe should have been sacked yesterday) could be travelling for exercise.

If this story continues then he’ll have to build some defence case other than the initial trip for the safety of his child.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 19:17]

Iron Lion Zion

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:17 - May 24 with 623 viewsTonytown

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 17:30 - May 24 by The_Last_Baron

Gentlemen, Cummings isn't going anywhere. He is the chief advisor to BoJo and helped mastermind a landslide GE victory five months ago. Did you honestly think he would be sacked.

There are two things to remember. Social media and Internet forums are in the main dominated by the left. They do not reflect public opinion at large. Otherwise Labour would have won the election and the EU ref would have been 70 per cent remain.

And secondly the people in charge of things in this country, not just in politics but in business, the media and nearly every other facet of life are hypocrites. They will do what they want while telling the plebs how they should behave. Doesn't matter who is in charge, they're all the same.

People like you are the problem with that pathetic post.

They are not all the same you utter tool.

God you right wingers are such a bunch of bellends
Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:18 - May 24 with 608 viewsbluelagos

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:15 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

Cheers. So his defence (not mine in case the thickos think I’m in any way defending a man I believe should have been sacked yesterday) could be travelling for exercise.

If this story continues then he’ll have to build some defence case other than the initial trip for the safety of his child.

Yep, although he would have been expected to return home if he was no longer self isolating. Second home holidays are against the guidelines am sure.

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:18 - May 24 with 608 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:12 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

And for avoidance of doubt regarding my views on the Cummings trio to Durham.

We're all in it together pt2736 by GlasgowBlue 22 May 2020 21:02
Should be sacked by morning

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings by GlasgowBlue 23 May 2020 12:59
Indeed. If both parents we so ill as to not be able to look after their children then they shouldn't be driving from one end of the country to the other.

Far too many holes in this story so I would imagine their will be more to come out.

Cummings will have to go in the end so why not sack him now and look decisive?

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings by GlasgowBlue 23 May 2020 13:07
But Cummings wasn't showing symptoms at the time so this is nonsense. And are they seriously suggesting that a high profile person such as Cummings couldn't have arranged for somebody in London to take his kids for seven days?

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings by GlasgowBlue 23 May 2020 13:37
But Cummings wasn't so he was perfectly capable of looking after his kids.

Cabinet Ministers all sending the same tweet out re: Cummings by GlasgowBlue 23 May 2020 13:59
Could he get from London to Durham without stopping for petrol? Without him, his kids or his wife needing to use the services for a pee?

Imagine the amount of people he may well have come into contact with during his journey.

Completely irresponsible and for somebody in his position it's a resigning/sacking matter.

A quick screenshot should save you the bother next time.

Is trying to establish facts now considered a defence?

Red flags innit

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:19 - May 24 with 595 viewssparks

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:18 - May 24 by bluelagos

Yep, although he would have been expected to return home if he was no longer self isolating. Second home holidays are against the guidelines am sure.

He should probably have stayed put- that is fair. But a 25 mile run to a beauty spot, is plainly not.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:20 - May 24 with 594 viewsfooters

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:15 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

Calling me thick again, classy gibbers. What did Phil say about name-calling?

P.S. I'm not thick. Never voted Tory in all my life.

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:22 - May 24 with 578 viewsShawsey

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 18:08 - May 24 by jaykay

people seem to be amazed at this, its a tory thing. they are sellers of snake oil and most of the them could slide under a locked door.

Defending the un-defendable is what is most shocking. He should have said the exact opposite of what actually came out of his mouth. This virus is effecting every single person in this country. They seem oblivious to this. He needs to seriously reconsider his next move on this.
Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:23 - May 24 with 571 viewssparks

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:20 - May 24 by footers

Calling me thick again, classy gibbers. What did Phil say about name-calling?

P.S. I'm not thick. Never voted Tory in all my life.

He didnt say you were thick.

He has been sufficiently clear that Cummings should go that it is very hard to understand anyone concluding that he is defending him...

I sympathise- Callis has spent all day trying to assert that I have a position I very very very plainly dont have. GB seems to be facing something a bit similar!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:25 - May 24 with 556 viewsfooters

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:23 - May 24 by sparks

He didnt say you were thick.

He has been sufficiently clear that Cummings should go that it is very hard to understand anyone concluding that he is defending him...

I sympathise- Callis has spent all day trying to assert that I have a position I very very very plainly dont have. GB seems to be facing something a bit similar!

That's where you're wrong, sparks. His initial reply to me was edited. He called me thick in that and then went on to refer to thickos in the next post.

You may be a decent lawyer, but you'd never make it at Hasketon Law Chambers.

I have no opinion on your and callis' almighty ding dong.

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:26 - May 24 with 549 viewssparks

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:25 - May 24 by footers

That's where you're wrong, sparks. His initial reply to me was edited. He called me thick in that and then went on to refer to thickos in the next post.

You may be a decent lawyer, but you'd never make it at Hasketon Law Chambers.

I have no opinion on your and callis' almighty ding dong.

If he was rude int eh previous one- thats fair enough to complain.

If you are not suggesting he has a view he plainly doesnt have- then he didnt call you a thicko in the second one...

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:28 - May 24 with 544 viewsbluelagos

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:18 - May 24 by bluelagos

I'd add that the eye witness said he was there with his family. Who goes exercising with their 4 year old son?

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:31 - May 24 with 536 viewsTrequartista

Perfectly reasonable points - but I think you are wrong that the general public don't care in this case. They didn't know or care about Dominic Cummings before this week, but from my early feel, they do now that has been highlighted who he is, what he has done, and the fool it has made of the prime minister at his press conference (a fool of his own making for backing him).

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:32 - May 24 with 532 viewsm14_blue

‘Oh what a tangled web we weave’

That defence won’t play well either as the government were at that time actively discouraging people from visiting tourist towns. It’ll be seen by millions of people as yet another thing they were told not to do but was fine for the man running the country.

I genuinely think this could get very serious for Boris.
Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:33 - May 24 with 525 viewssparks

Boris is just making excuses for Cummings (n/t) on 19:32 - May 24 by m14_blue

‘Oh what a tangled web we weave’

That defence won’t play well either as the government were at that time actively discouraging people from visiting tourist towns. It’ll be seen by millions of people as yet another thing they were told not to do but was fine for the man running the country.

I genuinely think this could get very serious for Boris.

Indeed- not least because either he knew and approved all of this- or his chief adviser was behaving badly behind his back...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024