Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting 09:54 - May 26 with 12672 viewsKeno

about events in their times?

How would an 'average' TWTD poster reacted to historical events?

A virtual prize for the winner?

(bear with me I'm bored and just trying to think of an entertainingly stupid thread to pass the day)

IceniBlue - Bleeding Eyeties coming over here stealing our land, what will they ever do for us the?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:39 - May 26 with 1114 viewsGuthrum

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:22 - May 26 by Keno

PlantagenetBlue - what the effing heck is that pretender Simnel on about? Lambert tho foulest usurper you fiend desist and be gone

Surely that would be posted by BattleOfStokieBlue?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stoke_Field

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:39 - May 26 with 1107 viewsBlueBadger

'Not only Vill Paul Lambert secure a glorious victory for Zer Reich at Stalingrad, he'll have achieved it by March und return to vin ze Bundesliga'.'
[Post edited 26 May 2020 10:45]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:40 - May 26 with 1108 viewsKeno

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:37 - May 26 by LankHenners

LondiniumBlue - does anyone know where I can get a toga from?

TudorBlue - that Tom Wolsey has done ok for himself, Facters do you remember him from his school days?

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:40 - May 26 with 1105 viewsSwansea_Blue

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:27 - May 26 by BrixtonBlue

The problem with Mick is he's a dinosaur.

Londinium_Caeruleum: I can't believe you paid 90 aureus for lucanica and parsnip mash!!

*Luciana was a smoked sausage in Roman time. Some interesting other sausage facts here for anyone who's bored - https://www.topsausages.com/blog/history-of-the-humble-sausage/

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:41 - May 26 with 1095 viewsfooters

GlaschauGorm: Why Gandhi's actually a dangerous, disgusting racist part 18733874.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:41 - May 26 with 1096 viewsKeno

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:39 - May 26 by Guthrum

Surely that would be posted by BattleOfStokieBlue?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stoke_Field

haha!!

I missed that bit

I been wracking my brain to remember if there was an Elizabethan courtier called Lambert?

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:43 - May 26 with 1082 viewsDarth_Koont

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:40 - May 26 by Keno

TudorBlue - that Tom Wolsey has done ok for himself, Facters do you remember him from his school days?

"Thomas More-on? Can't stand the bloke. Bloody Catholic remainiacs!"

Pronouns: He/Him

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:43 - May 26 with 1080 viewsGuthrum

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:41 - May 26 by Keno

haha!!

I missed that bit

I been wracking my brain to remember if there was an Elizabethan courtier called Lambert?

Not that I can immediately think of.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:45 - May 26 with 1079 viewsFixed_It

Feudal_Blue: If thou breaketh the plague lockdown we'll have your head on the second spike.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 11:45]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:47 - May 26 with 1052 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert Simnel out.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:47 - May 26 with 1049 viewsKeno

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:43 - May 26 by Guthrum

Not that I can immediately think of.

no worries, I may have a moment of inspiration, although its highly unlikely!!

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:48 - May 26 with 1043 viewsWeWereZombies

BigodBlue: Minstrel Sheeran, compose a calming melody about my humble abode and you can have a complimentary ticket for this Saturday's joust.

Minstrel Sheeran (at two forty five on Saturday afternoon): You never told me my ticket was for a position strung up on a target...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:49 - May 26 with 1036 viewsBlueBadger

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:40 - May 26 by Keno

Facters was a final year prefect at the time, so I doubt it.

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:50 - May 26 with 1026 viewsBlueBadger

Verily I wilst not use that bowyer for he is an awful puritan in matters concerning those of non-Saxon extraction.

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:51 - May 26 with 1027 viewsfactual_blue

1739_blue - Bloody Spaniards - cutting off Robert Jenkins's ear.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:53 - May 26 with 1013 viewsKeno

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:51 - May 26 by factual_blue

1739_blue - Bloody Spaniards - cutting off Robert Jenkins's ear.

NormanBlue - He ought to be more careful with the arrows, he'll have someones eye out one day

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:55 - May 26 with 1001 viewsfactual_blue

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:39 - May 26 by BlueBadger

'Not only Vill Paul Lambert secure a glorious victory for Zer Reich at Stalingrad, he'll have achieved it by March und return to vin ze Bundesliga'.'
[Post edited 26 May 2020 10:45]

You've missed a trick - the commander of the German 6th Army at Stalingrad was Friedrich Paulus

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:58 - May 26 with 989 viewsDarth_Koont

Longshanks_Blue: "Really not happy with that midfield lineup for the visit to Bannockburn. Too old and slow".

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:01 - May 26 with 971 viewsKeno

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:58 - May 26 by Darth_Koont

Longshanks_Blue: "Really not happy with that midfield lineup for the visit to Bannockburn. Too old and slow".

There is a programme about that battle on BBC I player at the minute

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:03 - May 26 with 958 viewsDarth_Koont

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:01 - May 26 by Keno

There is a programme about that battle on BBC I player at the minute

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Anyway, the match should have been called off after the pitch inspection.

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:07 - May 26 with 945 viewsKeno

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:03 - May 26 by Darth_Koont

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Anyway, the match should have been called off after the pitch inspection.

Indeed, tho it seems England didn't do themselves any favours any Lord Dyer and Bowyer in the team

Basic mistake

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:15 - May 26 with 923 viewsblueislander

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:07 - May 26 by Keno

Indeed, tho it seems England didn't do themselves any favours any Lord Dyer and Bowyer in the team

Basic mistake

Stratford-on-Avon Blue , Iam currently writing an ode to Dominic Cummings
What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:26 - May 26 with 911 viewsleitrimblue

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:30 - May 26 by MattinLondon

IceniBlue: I don’t want to be part of a Roman superstate. If you don’t pick-up your spear right now and burn down Camulodunum then kill everyone in your path then shame on you.

IceniBlue2: Lambert out! We did well against Colchester, slaughtered Londinium and then Lambert changes half the team and the formation and we take a right pasting up the other end of Watling street
What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:30 - May 26 with 901 viewsfactual_blue

Hartlepoolblue - Bloody Frenchmen, coming over here, dressed as monkeys.

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:30 - May 26 with 902 viewspeterleeblue

Unsinkableblue

www.eadt.co.uk/titanicsetssail

New York Record a given - Lets just get the deckchairs out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024