Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting 09:54 - May 26 with 12717 viewsKeno

about events in their times?

How would an 'average' TWTD poster reacted to historical events?

A virtual prize for the winner?

(bear with me I'm bored and just trying to think of an entertainingly stupid thread to pass the day)

IceniBlue - Bleeding Eyeties coming over here stealing our land, what will they ever do for us the?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:30 - May 26 with 4931 viewsBrixtonBlue

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:37 - May 26 by LankHenners

LondiniumBlue - does anyone know where I can get a toga from?

I genuinely lolled at that one!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:35 - May 26 with 4917 viewsJ2BLUE

Sitters - Most of a British regiment was captured at Dunkirk. They took me as a prisoner as well. I was FURIOUS, I had been standing near them not with them! Then the f**ker stole my shoes and sent a letter to the Ministry of Defence trying to get me sacked!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:35 - May 26 with 4914 viewsBrixtonBlue

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:40 - May 26 by Swansea_Blue

Londinium_Caeruleum: I can't believe you paid 90 aureus for lucanica and parsnip mash!!

*Luciana was a smoked sausage in Roman time. Some interesting other sausage facts here for anyone who's bored - https://www.topsausages.com/blog/history-of-the-humble-sausage/

A good joke, and factual as well. Cheers!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:37 - May 26 with 4909 viewssyntaxerror

From the Millwall page in 1606
'That Willy from Avon, 'Es a busy c*nt...'
What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:38 - May 26 with 4910 viewsfactual_blue

Lavenhamblew - that Guildhall is a load of modernist rubbish.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:41 - May 26 with 4892 viewsWeWereZombies

EarhartBlue: I'll be fine, someone called Fergal has mapped out the route for me...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:48 - May 26 with 4880 viewssyntaxerror

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:38 - May 26 by factual_blue

Lavenhamblew - that Guildhall is a load of modernist rubbish.

Chariotman: Stop complaining about the prices of villas in Londinium. You can buy a perfectly good hovel in a village outside of Eboracum for 160 sestertii.
What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:56 - May 26 with 4869 viewsSteve_M

Brighton_Yokel 1: What that parchment say, I can't understand it?
Brighton_Yokel 2: That's because we can't read.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 12:16 - May 26 with 4843 viewshoppy

CaesariensisBlue: That young Finidi George looks a great prospect...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 12:21 - May 26 with 4830 viewsWeWereZombies

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 11:48 - May 26 by syntaxerror

Chariotman: Stop complaining about the prices of villas in Londinium. You can buy a perfectly good hovel in a village outside of Eboracum for 160 sestertii.

Coming soon - Chariotman's berthing tips for Ostia, which could be useful if the Spartacus v Sereni gladiatorial friendly ever takes place...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 12:23 - May 26 with 4824 viewssyntaxerror

Aethlbent: My longbow nest on Dofras beach will stop those Viking invaders!
What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 12:31 - May 26 with 4806 viewsRocky

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 12:16 - May 26 by hoppy

CaesariensisBlue: That young Finidi George looks a great prospect...

Ye Olde Bully: Showeth me the evidence
What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 12:35 - May 26 with 4795 viewsfooters

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 12:31 - May 26 by Rocky

Ye Olde Bully: Showeth me the evidence

In reply to StokiusBluus: What if, Gentlemen, there be a chance that the Earth doth revolve around the Sun, and not the Sun around the Earth?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 12:53 - May 26 with 4772 viewsKropotkin123

JurassicBlue: It's affective, but Mick's football belongs in the Triassic period.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 12:55 - May 26 with 4774 viewsBlueBadger

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 12:53 - May 26 by Kropotkin123

JurassicBlue: It's affective, but Mick's football belongs in the Triassic period.

ChaucerBlue: it's 'effective' not 'affective'.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 12:55]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 12:56 - May 26 with 4765 viewsKropotkin123

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 12:55 - May 26 by BlueBadger

Lol.. l. Whoops

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 13:05 - May 26 with 4749 viewsBlueBadger

NotSure1666 writes: 'all this talk of plague being dangerous is nonsense, I'm having my mates around to my place in Pudding Lane this afternoon, there's nothing that will go wrong with that.'

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 13:08 - May 26 with 4740 viewsKeno

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 13:05 - May 26 by BlueBadger

NotSure1666 writes: 'all this talk of plague being dangerous is nonsense, I'm having my mates around to my place in Pudding Lane this afternoon, there's nothing that will go wrong with that.'

Pudding Lane Blue - can anyone else smell something burning?

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 13:13 - May 26 with 4719 viewsKropotkin123

AncientEgyptBlue: We should sign up that Horus... Great eye for a goal.

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 13:42 - May 26 with 4699 viewsKeno

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 13:13 - May 26 by Kropotkin123

AncientEgyptBlue: We should sign up that Horus... Great eye for a goal.

IceniBlue - I'm looking for somewhere different to go on holiday, anymore been to Pompeii? what's is like there

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 13:57 - May 26 with 4677 viewssolemio

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:47 - May 26 by BlueBadger

Lambert Simnel out.

Verily I say to thee bring in Perkin Cloughbeck.
What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 14:00 - May 26 with 4672 viewsfactual_blue

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 12:55 - May 26 by BlueBadger

Samueljohnsonblue: 'Affective' works

affective

relating to moods, feelings, and attitudes.
"affective disorders"
denoting or relating to mental disorders in which disturbance of mood is the primary symptom

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 14:02 - May 26 with 4663 viewsKeno

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 13:57 - May 26 by solemio

Verily I say to thee bring in Perkin Cloughbeck.

Nay! we needth a new approach one of those fancy foreign types with their Tipth Tapth football, someone like that Sam A'llardyce

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 14:03 - May 26 with 4665 viewsfooters

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 14:00 - May 26 by factual_blue

Samueljohnsonblue: 'Affective' works

affective

relating to moods, feelings, and attitudes.
"affective disorders"
denoting or relating to mental disorders in which disturbance of mood is the primary symptom

Anyone interested in Mr Johnson's life as a writer and moralist should read Terry Eagleton's Rape of Clarissa. Brilliant book.

Sorry, I'll let you all get back to your jokes now.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 14:09 - May 26 with 4647 viewsfactual_blue

What would TWTD posters of days gone by have been posting on 10:41 - May 26 by footers

GlaschauGorm: Why Gandhi's actually a dangerous, disgusting racist part 18733874.

GlaschauGorm:_1144 'Ye Jews standeth accused of the murder of William of norwich. 'Twas surely that Master Cor of Byn and his evil cult of Saint Momentuum of Islington'.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024