Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet 15:10 - Jun 25 with 19115 viewstractordownsouth

Decisive action from Mr Starmer

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:10 - Jun 25 with 1717 viewsjeera

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:05 - Jun 25 by Darth_Koont

Cheers, mate.

I'm sure if Bluefish engaged for a paragraph or two then he'd realise. Or at least expose himself as not caring.

I get on ok with fishers as a rule and will stand up for him when he's in the right.

But inventing angles on posters is not on.

I know I'm not the only one who gets uncomfortable with some of the content on this subject.

I have Lucases and Hoffmans in my close family and I've not seen anything I'm offended by that you've posted. My dad's mum was Jewish.

Some of it seems a bit cheap to me and feels likes some people are all over it like a rash using the subject for their own purposes.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 20:13]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:15 - Jun 25 with 1703 viewsDarth_Koont

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:10 - Jun 25 by jeera

I get on ok with fishers as a rule and will stand up for him when he's in the right.

But inventing angles on posters is not on.

I know I'm not the only one who gets uncomfortable with some of the content on this subject.

I have Lucases and Hoffmans in my close family and I've not seen anything I'm offended by that you've posted. My dad's mum was Jewish.

Some of it seems a bit cheap to me and feels likes some people are all over it like a rash using the subject for their own purposes.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 20:13]

Agreed. "Using the subject for their own purposes" is what got me most angry and involved.

Right-wingers pushing stuff in the name of my Jewish friends (and against all evidence) really gets me annoyed.

People who hate Jews are c*nts. People who manipulate antisemitism for political purposes are also c*nts.

Pronouns: He/Him

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:20 - Jun 25 with 1680 viewsjeera

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:15 - Jun 25 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. "Using the subject for their own purposes" is what got me most angry and involved.

Right-wingers pushing stuff in the name of my Jewish friends (and against all evidence) really gets me annoyed.

People who hate Jews are c*nts. People who manipulate antisemitism for political purposes are also c*nts.

"People who hate Jews are c*nts. People who manipulate antisemitism for political purposes are also c*nts."

Not complicated is it?

There's a lot of cherry-picking when it comes to your posts I've noticed.

Instead of addressing your points it's easier to make insinuations.

I don't wish to get more involved, just speaking up as a long-term observer.

I will say publicly that I have made complaints to admin concerning this in the past and know I'm far from alone.

If people stuck to facts and dropped the personal nonsense on this we all might learn a bit more.

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:27 - Jun 25 with 1656 viewsTrequartista

It appears she refused to remove the retweet as well which would have made the decision to sack her easier.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:30 - Jun 25 with 1649 viewsDarth_Koont

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:20 - Jun 25 by jeera

"People who hate Jews are c*nts. People who manipulate antisemitism for political purposes are also c*nts."

Not complicated is it?

There's a lot of cherry-picking when it comes to your posts I've noticed.

Instead of addressing your points it's easier to make insinuations.

I don't wish to get more involved, just speaking up as a long-term observer.

I will say publicly that I have made complaints to admin concerning this in the past and know I'm far from alone.

If people stuck to facts and dropped the personal nonsense on this we all might learn a bit more.

I appreciate that, jeera. It hurts to be accused of antisemitism when that's the opposite of how I think about people. So thank you.

I blame party politics and this whole tribal, flag-waving nonsense as much as anything. It seems to get people focused on a line of attack rather than a focus on what's right and what's wrong.

It's great for something like football and "our team" but not really the best way to look out for everyone's best interests.

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:35 - Jun 25 with 1628 viewsjeera

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:30 - Jun 25 by Darth_Koont

I appreciate that, jeera. It hurts to be accused of antisemitism when that's the opposite of how I think about people. So thank you.

I blame party politics and this whole tribal, flag-waving nonsense as much as anything. It seems to get people focused on a line of attack rather than a focus on what's right and what's wrong.

It's great for something like football and "our team" but not really the best way to look out for everyone's best interests.

" focused on a line of attack "

I recognise this more and more, in part because I've found myself doing it from time to time.

No good comes from it and no one learns anything new from that attitude.

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:45 - Jun 25 with 1571 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:01 - Jun 25 by jeera

That is an outright lie.

I've seen DK condemn anti semitism several times on this forum.

Shame on you when you have start making stuff up in order to take snidey digs at someone.

You don't have to agree with everything he, or anyone says, but you're bang out of order.

I’m sorry but you can ignore people like myself and fishers calling out DK as an apologist for antisemitism if you want but when people like Badger have done so then I think it’s time to face the facts.

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? by Darth_Koont 7 Jul 2019 11:44
Well, this confirms my worst fears for Wednesday's Panorama exposé on Labour antisemitism.

At a time when we need balance and perspective to get past the narrative and look at facts, instead we've got a journalist who is one of the chief architects of that narrative ... he's already been accused of doing a Panorama hatchet job against Corbyn in 2015 as well as being repeatedly accused of having a pro-Israel and islamophobic stance in other stories.

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/07/07/the-background-of-the-man-behind-the-panorama-hatchet-job-or-jobs-on-labour-party/

That doesn't read well. And looks like the BBC will be doubling down on its generally pretty awful and non-factual reporting around this crisis.

The state of our politics and our media ...

And here he is Doing the same in another thread

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party by ElderGrizzly 31 May 2019 11:17
https://twitter.com/theousherwood/status/1134365276227735552?s=21

I wonder how quickly a member of the NEC is expelled vs someone voting Lib Dem is?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:49 - Jun 25 with 1576 viewsDarth_Koont

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:45 - Jun 25 by GlasgowBlue

I’m sorry but you can ignore people like myself and fishers calling out DK as an apologist for antisemitism if you want but when people like Badger have done so then I think it’s time to face the facts.

Well, this confirms my worst fears for Wednesday's Panorama exposé on Labour antisemitism.

At a time when we need balance and perspective to get past the narrative and look at facts, instead we've got a journalist who is one of the chief architects of that narrative ... he's already been accused of doing a Panorama hatchet job against Corbyn in 2015 as well as being repeatedly accused of having a pro-Israel and islamophobic stance in other stories.

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/07/07/the-background-of-the-man-behind-the-panorama-hatchet-job-or-jobs-on-labour-party/

That doesn't read well. And looks like the BBC will be doubling down on its generally pretty awful and non-factual reporting around this crisis.

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party by ElderGrizzly 31 May 2019 11:17

I wonder how quickly a member of the NEC is expelled vs someone voting Lib Dem is?

Login to get fewer ads

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:50 - Jun 25 with 1551 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:49 - Jun 25 by Darth_Koont

For linking two threads where you defend sntisemtism and are called out for it by people like a Steve M and Badger? Seriously?

Unless you go back and edit your comments out then you don’t have a leg to stand on.

Edit. Did you call for badger to be banned for these comments.

“I'll tell what doesn't read well. Your constant attempts to excuse, defend and explain away genuine concerns.

You are coming across like those defending Brexit Party members bigotry, frankly.”

“ STOP. Defending .Racism.”

“ Poor old Darth is starting to across a bit like the Taxi Gang when faced iwth evidence of Brexit Party bigotry. I hope he doesn't go 'full Redacted of North Essex'.”

“ You're still doing it.
Stop. Defending. Racism.”

[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 20:54]

Iron Lion Zion

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:58 - Jun 25 with 1544 viewsDarth_Koont

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:50 - Jun 25 by GlasgowBlue

For linking two threads where you defend sntisemtism and are called out for it by people like a Steve M and Badger? Seriously?

Unless you go back and edit your comments out then you don’t have a leg to stand on.

Edit. Did you call for badger to be banned for these comments.

“I'll tell what doesn't read well. Your constant attempts to excuse, defend and explain away genuine concerns.

You are coming across like those defending Brexit Party members bigotry, frankly.”

“ STOP. Defending .Racism.”

“ Poor old Darth is starting to across a bit like the Taxi Gang when faced iwth evidence of Brexit Party bigotry. I hope he doesn't go 'full Redacted of North Essex'.”

“ You're still doing it.
Stop. Defending. Racism.”

[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 20:54]

If Steve and Badger had a point they'd engage and make it. But every time, it's tumbleweed.

I'm a middle class white boy who sees you for exactly who you are: a narrow, reactionary Conservative.

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 21:02 - Jun 25 with 1521 views26_Paz

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:58 - Jun 25 by Darth_Koont

If Steve and Badger had a point they'd engage and make it. But every time, it's tumbleweed.

I'm a middle class white boy who sees you for exactly who you are: a narrow, reactionary Conservative.

Very harsh, calling for him to be banned is also absolutely ridiculous, all he’s done is engage you in debate

The Paz Man

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 21:04 - Jun 25 with 1520 viewsDarth_Koont

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 21:02 - Jun 25 by 26_Paz

Very harsh, calling for him to be banned is also absolutely ridiculous, all he’s done is engage you in debate

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 21:45 - Jun 25 with 1445 viewstractordownsouth

Must say I regret starting this thread

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 22:02 - Jun 25 with 1421 viewsDarth_Koont

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 21:45 - Jun 25 by tractordownsouth

Why exactly?

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 22:02 - Jun 25 with 1418 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:45 - Jun 25 by GlasgowBlue

I see you have your filing staff off furlough then!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 23:00 - Jun 25 with 1330 viewstractordownsouth

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 21:45 - Jun 25 by tractordownsouth

Because it’s just turned into you vs Glassers again

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 23:06 - Jun 25 with 1313 viewsDarth_Koont

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 23:00 - Jun 25 by tractordownsouth

Because it’s just turned into you vs Glassers again

Well, work out whether Glassers is on your side (or even on the side of objective debate) then get back to me.

Fu*ck these games.

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 23:09 - Jun 25 with 1289 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 22:02 - Jun 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

That made me chuckle more than it should have done. Have an uppie.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 23:10 - Jun 25 with 1275 viewsRyorry

Please don't be sorry, threads like these are very educative (and not always in the most obvious ways), despite negative traits from a few that get exposed.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet (n/t) on 23:20 - Jun 25 with 1260 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 23:10 - Jun 25 by Ryorry

Please don't be sorry, threads like these are very educative (and not always in the most obvious ways), despite negative traits from a few that get exposed.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 23:59 - Jun 25 with 1210 viewsSeablu

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 22:02 - Jun 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Nailed it.
Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 00:04 - Jun 26 with 1196 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 23:59 - Jun 25 by Seablu

Nailed it.

Ah. The poster who was forced by admin to tipex out the antisemitic slogan on his avatar is back.

Iron Lion Zion

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 06:20 - Jun 26 with 1103 viewsjimmyvet

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 23:10 - Jun 25 by Ryorry

I agree don’t be sorry it exposes the true bigots on here who claim to be anti racists but only when it suits them. Some of the justifications of the blatant AS is horrifying and the fact quite a large handful of left wing AS apologists appear on here is truly disgusting and how they can continue to peddle this trash on a football forum is also distasteful and unacceptable. Let’s wait for the next batch of justification of racism. You lot are no better than the WLM bone heads but you just can’t see it through you AS tainted eyes.
Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 07:34 - Jun 26 with 1067 viewsMattinLondon

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 06:20 - Jun 26 by jimmyvet

I agree don’t be sorry it exposes the true bigots on here who claim to be anti racists but only when it suits them. Some of the justifications of the blatant AS is horrifying and the fact quite a large handful of left wing AS apologists appear on here is truly disgusting and how they can continue to peddle this trash on a football forum is also distasteful and unacceptable. Let’s wait for the next batch of justification of racism. You lot are no better than the WLM bone heads but you just can’t see it through you AS tainted eyes.

This post is absolutely ridiculous.
Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 07:37 - Jun 26 with 1065 viewsDanTheMan

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 18:27 - Jun 25 by Clapham_Junction

It just looks like a stupid anti-Israel comment to me.

I suspect the sacking was more about trying to show he's taking a tough line, or possibly just an opportunity to remove another left-winger from the shadow cabinet.

With regards to some earlier points about an article not mentioning Minnesota police receiving training from Israel, this article makes it clear that they have:

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/israel-us-police-training-end-knee-neck-prote

Not sure if this is the same quote, but Amnesty International were apparently the source for this and have said they never said it.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2020/06/amnesty-international-we-never-

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024