Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet 15:10 - Jun 25 with 19086 viewstractordownsouth

Decisive action from Mr Starmer

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 08:22 - Jun 26 with 2043 viewsElephantintheRoom

Is it strong leadership - or pathetic over reaction that has deflected media away from tory sleaze at a time of national crisis, just when Labour were beginning to look a bit sensible?

I haven't read the article and only twits use twitter - but the thrust of her comment was presumably that knealing on someone's neck is taught as part of some deeply insightful krav maga technique allegedly taught to USA police and others by 'the israeli special forces'

I don't suppose they invoke killing someone as the best form of self defence - but the fact that US police learn krav maga along with thousands if not millions of other us citizens is undeniably true.... it's no more antisemitic than learning a bit of judo.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 08:24 - Jun 26 with 2038 viewsHerbivore

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 08:22 - Jun 26 by ElephantintheRoom

Is it strong leadership - or pathetic over reaction that has deflected media away from tory sleaze at a time of national crisis, just when Labour were beginning to look a bit sensible?

I haven't read the article and only twits use twitter - but the thrust of her comment was presumably that knealing on someone's neck is taught as part of some deeply insightful krav maga technique allegedly taught to USA police and others by 'the israeli special forces'

I don't suppose they invoke killing someone as the best form of self defence - but the fact that US police learn krav maga along with thousands if not millions of other us citizens is undeniably true.... it's no more antisemitic than learning a bit of judo.

Cool story, bro.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 08:34 - Jun 26 with 2026 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 07:37 - Jun 26 by DanTheMan

Not sure if this is the same quote, but Amnesty International were apparently the source for this and have said they never said it.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2020/06/amnesty-international-we-never-

So we’ve now had Maxine Peake, Amnesty International and the Independent all all admit it was a baseless claim.

Yet the usual suspects were keep to find dubious links to support the conspiracy theory which scapegoated the world’s only Jewish state for a racist Police murder in a completely different country.

Spending a lie based on prejudice is racism.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 8:37]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 09:20 - Jun 26 with 1957 viewsmonytowbray

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 20:50 - Jun 25 by GlasgowBlue

For linking two threads where you defend sntisemtism and are called out for it by people like a Steve M and Badger? Seriously?

Unless you go back and edit your comments out then you don’t have a leg to stand on.

Edit. Did you call for badger to be banned for these comments.

“I'll tell what doesn't read well. Your constant attempts to excuse, defend and explain away genuine concerns.

You are coming across like those defending Brexit Party members bigotry, frankly.”

“ STOP. Defending .Racism.”

“ Poor old Darth is starting to across a bit like the Taxi Gang when faced iwth evidence of Brexit Party bigotry. I hope he doesn't go 'full Redacted of North Essex'.”

“ You're still doing it.
Stop. Defending. Racism.”

[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 20:54]

After your recent performances, I don't think racism and discrimination is a high horse you can really climb on anymore.

You've spent most of the last 4 months doing the job of spreading the new wave of Western facist lies for the ruling class free of charge.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 9:20]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 09:30 - Jun 26 with 1933 viewsElephantintheRoom

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 08:34 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

So we’ve now had Maxine Peake, Amnesty International and the Independent all all admit it was a baseless claim.

Yet the usual suspects were keep to find dubious links to support the conspiracy theory which scapegoated the world’s only Jewish state for a racist Police murder in a completely different country.

Spending a lie based on prejudice is racism.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 8:37]

Erm - surely you are the one being racist seeing anything in this other than mass hysteria - and a weak new leader desperate to be seen to do the right thing? Ignorance and weakness is not necessarily racism.

An israeli pseudo martial art is used in US police training - fact. Do they recommend knealing on a neck - possibly, possibly not. do they recommend killing someone by knealing on their neck- doubt it..... but I dont think Long-Bailey had any deep thoughts or even knowledge of what she was passing on to her twits.

I'm not sure the wishy-washy Long-Bailey suggested any more than that - and her attitude is pathetic at a time of national crisis - and blatant Tory corruption being incompetently covered up.

Which makes Starmer seem weak whatever he does - which was probably her self-righteous intention anyway.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 09:54 - Jun 26 with 1915 viewsSeablu

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 00:04 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

Ah. The poster who was forced by admin to tipex out the antisemitic slogan on his avatar is back.

Factually incorrect sweetheart.
Your spurious relationship with semantics is quite something these days.
Anything interesting on twitter?
Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 09:57 - Jun 26 with 1907 viewsRyorry

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 08:22 - Jun 26 by ElephantintheRoom

Barack Obama, Maya Angelou, The Dalai Lama & Bill Gates are all "twits?" 🤔
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 10:10]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 10:21 - Jun 26 with 1857 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 09:30 - Jun 26 by ElephantintheRoom

Erm - surely you are the one being racist seeing anything in this other than mass hysteria - and a weak new leader desperate to be seen to do the right thing? Ignorance and weakness is not necessarily racism.

An israeli pseudo martial art is used in US police training - fact. Do they recommend knealing on a neck - possibly, possibly not. do they recommend killing someone by knealing on their neck- doubt it..... but I dont think Long-Bailey had any deep thoughts or even knowledge of what she was passing on to her twits.

I'm not sure the wishy-washy Long-Bailey suggested any more than that - and her attitude is pathetic at a time of national crisis - and blatant Tory corruption being incompetently covered up.

Which makes Starmer seem weak whatever he does - which was probably her self-righteous intention anyway.

Can you back up this “fact” that the tactic of kneeling on a suspect’s neck originated in Israel and that this “israeli pseudo martial art” was taught to US Police officers by members of the Israeli security forces?

You know? Actual evidence?

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 10:44 - Jun 26 with 1825 viewsSeablu

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 10:21 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

Can you back up this “fact” that the tactic of kneeling on a suspect’s neck originated in Israel and that this “israeli pseudo martial art” was taught to US Police officers by members of the Israeli security forces?

You know? Actual evidence?

Go on then, I'll play along. I'll leave you to trawl your vast archives for something that discredits it. Shouldn't take long if you file alphabetically...

https://www.transcend.org/tms/2020/06/minnesota-cops-trained-by-israeli-police-w
Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 10:52 - Jun 26 with 1805 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 10:44 - Jun 26 by Seablu

Go on then, I'll play along. I'll leave you to trawl your vast archives for something that discredits it. Shouldn't take long if you file alphabetically...

https://www.transcend.org/tms/2020/06/minnesota-cops-trained-by-israeli-police-w

That’s not evidence. That’s a rehash of a story that originated in The Morning Star which itself was based on a speculative quote from Neta Golan, the co-founder of International Solidarity Movement (ISM). He says: “When I saw the picture of killer cop Derek Chauvin murdering George Floyd by leaning in on his neck with his knee as he cried for help and other cops watched, I remembered noticing when many Israeli soldiers began using this technique of leaning in on our chest and necks when we were protesting in the West Bank sometime in 2006.’’

Now where is the evidence that this technique was taught to Minnesota Police at a conference in 2012?

Iron Lion Zion

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:12 - Jun 26 with 1777 viewsSeablu

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 10:52 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

That’s not evidence. That’s a rehash of a story that originated in The Morning Star which itself was based on a speculative quote from Neta Golan, the co-founder of International Solidarity Movement (ISM). He says: “When I saw the picture of killer cop Derek Chauvin murdering George Floyd by leaning in on his neck with his knee as he cried for help and other cops watched, I remembered noticing when many Israeli soldiers began using this technique of leaning in on our chest and necks when we were protesting in the West Bank sometime in 2006.’’

Now where is the evidence that this technique was taught to Minnesota Police at a conference in 2012?

'At least 100 Minnesota police officers attended a 2012 conference hosted by the Israeli consulate in Chicago, the second time such an event had been held.
There they learned the violent techniques used by Israeli forces as they terrorise the occupied Palestinian territories under the guise of security operations.
The so-called counterterrorism training conference in Minneapolis was jointly hosted by the FBI.
Israeli deputy consul Shahar Arieli claimed that the half-day session brought “top-notch professionals from the Israeli police” to share knowledge with their US counterparts.'

Do you have irrefutable evidence that the above didn't happen?

Do I get 48 hours on the naughty step again or is it straight to the headmaster's office?
Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:16 - Jun 26 with 1752 viewsBloomBlue

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:12 - Jun 26 by Seablu

'At least 100 Minnesota police officers attended a 2012 conference hosted by the Israeli consulate in Chicago, the second time such an event had been held.
There they learned the violent techniques used by Israeli forces as they terrorise the occupied Palestinian territories under the guise of security operations.
The so-called counterterrorism training conference in Minneapolis was jointly hosted by the FBI.
Israeli deputy consul Shahar Arieli claimed that the half-day session brought “top-notch professionals from the Israeli police” to share knowledge with their US counterparts.'

Do I get 48 hours on the naughty step again or is it straight to the headmaster's office?

That doesn't prove the police officer who killed George Floyd was trained by the Israel Secret Service, the fact is Anti-Semitism is a form of racism and all forms of racism are wrong

Remember 'Anti-Semitism = hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious or racial group'.
The Minnesota police I'm sure are trained by loads of different people, the statement indicated it was the Israel Secret Service who had trained the Minnesota police specifically on the aspect of kneeling on the neck when there was no evidence. To point that directly at the Israel Secret Service without the evidence demonstrates a 'hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious or racial group'.

If the author had evidence that kneeing on the neck had 100% been given to that police officer by the Israel Secret Service then that's different and without it there was no need to include.
To be fair to the author she seems to accept it was wrong but that doesn;t exclude RLB retweeting as Starmer said "Anti-Semitism takes many different forms and it is important that we all are vigilant against it.”
Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:20 - Jun 26 with 1746 viewssparks

It is for the one making an assertion or claim to demonstrate it...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:35 - Jun 26 with 1723 viewsDarth_Koont

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:20 - Jun 26 by sparks

It is for the one making an assertion or claim to demonstrate it...

Has anyone specifically argued that the kneeling technique is proven? That was a leap too far by Peake and the Independent themselves - although one that has been doing the rounds quite extensively before it became a sackable offence to retweet it as a small detail in a much longer piece.

So, I agree, it's important to be accurate.

Similarly, I'd like to see someone/anyone demonstrate that this was antisemitic. Given the overall context of what Peake said as someone returning from Palestine re: systemic racism as a global issue and where the Israeli police and security forces are leading the way. So much so that they're evidently considered the experts in suppressive policing.

Pronouns: He/Him

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:37 - Jun 26 with 1719 viewsSeablu

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:16 - Jun 26 by BloomBlue

That doesn't prove the police officer who killed George Floyd was trained by the Israel Secret Service, the fact is Anti-Semitism is a form of racism and all forms of racism are wrong

Remember 'Anti-Semitism = hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious or racial group'.
The Minnesota police I'm sure are trained by loads of different people, the statement indicated it was the Israel Secret Service who had trained the Minnesota police specifically on the aspect of kneeling on the neck when there was no evidence. To point that directly at the Israel Secret Service without the evidence demonstrates a 'hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious or racial group'.

If the author had evidence that kneeing on the neck had 100% been given to that police officer by the Israel Secret Service then that's different and without it there was no need to include.
To be fair to the author she seems to accept it was wrong but that doesn;t exclude RLB retweeting as Starmer said "Anti-Semitism takes many different forms and it is important that we all are vigilant against it.”

It’s a tricky thing this ‘evidence’ malarkey.
I just don’t know what constitutes a truly verifiable source anymore.
I’m plainly way out of my depth here and feeling rather sorry for myself now.
Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:40 - Jun 26 with 1705 viewsGlasgowBlue

Your link claims Israel is training American cops in "violent techniques used by Israeli forces as they terrorise the occupied Palestinian territories" but then provides exactly zero evidence or documentation to back up this claim. Instead there is an exhaustive list of states conducting police exchanges with Israel.

In the original blog from where your link was lifted, every one is hyperlinked. If you click on the hyperlinks you won't find a single one to support the claim that Israel taught "violent techniques used by Israeli forces as they terrorise the occupied Palestinian territories". Most are news articles about exchanges and briefings on things like counterterrorism, airport security, & financial fraud.

The New York link explicitly mentions other countries. The New York seminar mentions exchanges with police forces in Germany, Britain, and France. The Georgia link talks about briefings with police from Israel, Italy, Greece, Canada, and six other countries.

Yet you and others with problematic views seem only to concentrate on the exchanges with the world's only Jewish state.

Maxine Peake has rowed back on her comments. Amnesty International have denied they were the source of the original story and the Indy has retracted.

Why are you so keen to continue peddling this lie?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 11:42]

Iron Lion Zion

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:43 - Jun 26 with 1690 viewsgiant_stow

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:37 - Jun 26 by Seablu

Doubt that last bit mr.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:45 - Jun 26 with 1691 viewsRadlett_blue

Long Bailey is a political lightweight & an electoral liability so getting rid of her is a key part of Starmer's Labour Party looking like a credible alternative government. How the Labour left reacts & whether Starmer can quell the in fighting nearer the next General Election is another question, but lancing these boils a long way ahead of a likely election is the right strategy.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:47 - Jun 26 with 1687 viewsGlasgowBlue

The New Statesman's Stephen Bush nails it here.

"The trouble with Peake’s comments was that she singled out Israel — suggesting that the technique which lead to the death of Floyd was learnt in Israel.

Why should Israel’s security services be treated as more responsible for the killing than those of the United Kingdom or France, or any of the countless forces that use aggressive restraint techniques?

Why is Peake, a British actor, singling out the world’s only Jewish majority state as the point of origin for the killing of an African-American? Why not focus on the country she lives in? Why not on the United States, where the killing took place? It is an example of the all-too-common behaviour of parts of the British left: of placing Israel at the heart of a global nexus of various ills.

But it was not Peake’s repeating of the trope that summed up the problem — it was Long-Bailey ignoring it in order to share a piece that was supportive of Corbyn. That’s long been the true problem in Labour — not the number of people in the party who are antisemitic, but the number of people who struggle to recognise it when they see it, whether it is painted on a wall or mentioned as an aside in an interview by an acclaimed actor".

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/rebecca-long-baileys-sacking-labour-keir-sta

That last paragraph could be aimed at one or two on here.

Iron Lion Zion

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:52 - Jun 26 with 1669 viewsDarth_Koont

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:47 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

The New Statesman's Stephen Bush nails it here.

"The trouble with Peake’s comments was that she singled out Israel — suggesting that the technique which lead to the death of Floyd was learnt in Israel.

Why should Israel’s security services be treated as more responsible for the killing than those of the United Kingdom or France, or any of the countless forces that use aggressive restraint techniques?

Why is Peake, a British actor, singling out the world’s only Jewish majority state as the point of origin for the killing of an African-American? Why not focus on the country she lives in? Why not on the United States, where the killing took place? It is an example of the all-too-common behaviour of parts of the British left: of placing Israel at the heart of a global nexus of various ills.

But it was not Peake’s repeating of the trope that summed up the problem — it was Long-Bailey ignoring it in order to share a piece that was supportive of Corbyn. That’s long been the true problem in Labour — not the number of people in the party who are antisemitic, but the number of people who struggle to recognise it when they see it, whether it is painted on a wall or mentioned as an aside in an interview by an acclaimed actor".

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/rebecca-long-baileys-sacking-labour-keir-sta

That last paragraph could be aimed at one or two on here.

"Why should Israel’s security services be treated as more responsible for the killing than those of the United Kingdom or France, or any of the countless forces that use aggressive restraint techniques?"

Because she'd just returned from Palestine and the Israeli police and secuity forces lead the way in systemic racism and associated techniques.

It's really not that complicated.

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:58 - Jun 26 with 1640 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:52 - Jun 26 by Darth_Koont

"Why should Israel’s security services be treated as more responsible for the killing than those of the United Kingdom or France, or any of the countless forces that use aggressive restraint techniques?"

Because she'd just returned from Palestine and the Israeli police and secuity forces lead the way in systemic racism and associated techniques.

It's really not that complicated.

So that made the Israelis more responsible for the killing of George Floyd?

Iron Lion Zion

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:59 - Jun 26 with 1640 viewsSeablu

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:40 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

Your link claims Israel is training American cops in "violent techniques used by Israeli forces as they terrorise the occupied Palestinian territories" but then provides exactly zero evidence or documentation to back up this claim. Instead there is an exhaustive list of states conducting police exchanges with Israel.

In the original blog from where your link was lifted, every one is hyperlinked. If you click on the hyperlinks you won't find a single one to support the claim that Israel taught "violent techniques used by Israeli forces as they terrorise the occupied Palestinian territories". Most are news articles about exchanges and briefings on things like counterterrorism, airport security, & financial fraud.

The New York link explicitly mentions other countries. The New York seminar mentions exchanges with police forces in Germany, Britain, and France. The Georgia link talks about briefings with police from Israel, Italy, Greece, Canada, and six other countries.

Yet you and others with problematic views seem only to concentrate on the exchanges with the world's only Jewish state.

Maxine Peake has rowed back on her comments. Amnesty International have denied they were the source of the original story and the Indy has retracted.

Why are you so keen to continue peddling this lie?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 11:42]

I can’t speak for others with the same ‘problematic views’ but I’m not convinced that it is a lie in this instance.
Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 12:00 - Jun 26 with 1635 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:59 - Jun 26 by Seablu

I can’t speak for others with the same ‘problematic views’ but I’m not convinced that it is a lie in this instance.

Iron Lion Zion

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 12:10 - Jun 26 with 1610 viewsBloomBlue

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 11:37 - Jun 26 by Seablu

Don't feel sorry for yourself, it's the context which she said it. There was no need to put 'Israeli Secret Service' in there unless she had actual proof

On LBC the other day they had people phoning in about their own personal racist stories and one of them thought was good from the perspective of this situation
Her story was she was at work and people around her were talking about what they were doing at the weekend and she mentioned her and husband were helping a friend move and they were borrowing an SUV to help as their car was only small. A colleague then replied 'I thought all people like you owned SUV's or big cars by default?' She said it was a few years ago and she brushed it off, she wouldn't now especially given the usage of 'all people like you'. While some people might say he wasn't using racists words in its context its racist and he was clearly thinking in racists terms to even say, all people like you.
Hence as Starmer said "Anti-Semitism takes many different forms and it is important that we all are vigilant against it.”
Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 12:27 - Jun 26 with 1564 viewsDarth_Koont

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 12:00 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

Gideon Falter is as disingenuous as you. And even more of an apologist for the current Israeli apartheid.

That's not what was said and then retracted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024