Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sweden : Covid-19 21:17 - Aug 7 with 34630 viewsTrequartista

Sweden (No lockdown) 1 in 1800 people died, UK 1 in 1450 people died.

Sweden (No face muzzle) - infection rate down between 15 and 20%, July 23 to August 6. Everywhere else in Europe except Croatia and Portugal - infection rate up.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-chancellor-rishi-sunak-warns-of-travel-di

Was gornon then? The way deaths are recorded vary widely i know that much, but still look at those infection rate figures. Perhaps if we had a first-class testing system we wouldn't need these wretched muzzles?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:22 - Aug 7 with 7251 viewsTrequartista

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:21 - Aug 7 by jeera

Because they are stuck there all day and are exposed to a lot of people.

This is really, really simple.

Don't go into any shops mate. There you go.

It's even more aggressive on here then when i last tried to debate. Think i'll give it a miss for a bit again.

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:22 - Aug 7 with 7248 viewsLibero

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:18 - Aug 7 by Trequartista

I wore one in a shop today but the staff didn't. Why are they exempt?

Because they don’t want to “look bad” obviously...
Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:23 - Aug 7 with 7239 viewsLibero

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:22 - Aug 7 by Trequartista

It's even more aggressive on here then when i last tried to debate. Think i'll give it a miss for a bit again.

Chat sh1t, get banged.
Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:24 - Aug 7 with 7234 viewsjeera

You do that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:24 - Aug 7 with 7234 viewsStokieBlue

Debate?

You just want someone to justify to you why you shouldn't wear a mask that you feel looks awful.

It's an incredibly selfish position.

SB
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 22:24]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:24 - Aug 7 with 7230 viewsjeera

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:23 - Aug 7 by Libero

Chat sh1t, get banged.

He'll be standing up for racists next.

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:25 - Aug 7 with 7233 viewsTrequartista

This board is absolutely unbearable. I have been perfectly polite to everyone and just received abuse. People will just say i deserve it for my comments no doubt, but people don't seem to acknowledge some might not see things the same way as they do. I will take a break and hope for an improvement when i return.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 22:26]

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:25 - Aug 7 with 7218 viewsJ2BLUE

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:21 - Aug 7 by StokieBlue

Because they have to be in there all day and if everyone else wears one then it's less risky for them not to wear one.

However, in many shops staff still choose to wear one.

Hopefully you didn't look too awful wearing it.

SB

I have an N95 mask. I looked like Shredder from the Turtles but who cares?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:26 - Aug 7 with 7217 viewsjeera

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:25 - Aug 7 by Trequartista

This board is absolutely unbearable. I have been perfectly polite to everyone and just received abuse. People will just say i deserve it for my comments no doubt, but people don't seem to acknowledge some might not see things the same way as they do. I will take a break and hope for an improvement when i return.

It might even improve in the meantime.

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:29 - Aug 7 with 7208 viewsLibero

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:24 - Aug 7 by StokieBlue

Debate?

You just want someone to justify to you why you shouldn't wear a mask that you feel looks awful.

It's an incredibly selfish position.

SB
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 22:24]

Let’s be fair, maybe the old chopper should post a picture of himself both with and without a mask on, I’m sure the board would be able to judge which objectively looks least “bad”

After all, you’ve got to be a pretty bloody handsome devil to justify risking infecting others people with a deadly virus instead of just covering up the money maker while you’re in a shop.

**POTENTIAL BOARD HEART THROB ALERT KLAXON**
Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:34 - Aug 7 with 7194 viewsStokieBlue

I'm not entirely sure what you expected to happen when you setup and entire thread in order to attempt to seek justification that "muzzles" aren't needed due to your personal view that they are "uncomfortable" and "look awful".

It's incredible that you feel other people are the problem.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:36 - Aug 7 with 7189 viewsLibero

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:24 - Aug 7 by jeera

He'll be standing up for racists next.

The boards lost another deplorable, try not to lose any sleep over it folks, there’s still plenty left in the ranks.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 22:36]
Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:38 - Aug 7 with 7180 viewsLankHenners

Can’t see it getting any better. Rather than risk it and find it the same, perhaps take an extended break away? Several years maybe?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:39 - Aug 7 with 7173 viewsLibero

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:39 - Aug 7 with 7170 viewsjeera

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:36 - Aug 7 by Libero

The boards lost another deplorable, try not to lose any sleep over it folks, there’s still plenty left in the ranks.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 22:36]

Feck it, I've changed my mind.

I haven't pulled in ages and have now realised it's not because I'm an aging miserable c***.

It's been the masks all along!

Naturally I'm gorgeous and irresistible so there has to be someone to blame. And where there's blame...

Who do I sue?

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:41 - Aug 7 with 7156 viewsLibero

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:39 - Aug 7 by jeera

Feck it, I've changed my mind.

I haven't pulled in ages and have now realised it's not because I'm an aging miserable c***.

It's been the masks all along!

Naturally I'm gorgeous and irresistible so there has to be someone to blame. And where there's blame...

Who do I sue?

Everyone except Sweden.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 22:41]
Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:48 - Aug 7 with 7135 viewslowhouseblue

Sweden : Covid-19 on 21:20 - Aug 7 by GeoffSentence

Is it because Swedish people are generally quite sensible and don't act like a bunch of arrogant, self-entitled pricks?

so why do you hate your fellow countrymen / women?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:48 - Aug 7 with 7133 viewsjeera

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:41 - Aug 7 by Libero

Everyone except Sweden.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 22:41]

I've grown quite fond of blonde women recent years. Funny cos I only ever fancied brunettes.

Maybe if I go to Sweden I can dominate them with my Britishness, quote Brexit a bit to reinforce the impression, shout loudly at them in my native tongue* and watch them fall at my feet.

I will wear my Union Flag face mask too, which the ladies will adore.

I might even go on one of Grayling's ferries for that extra bit of authenticity.

*I know many Swedes speak English.

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:57 - Aug 7 with 7113 viewsSpruceMoose

Posts like this make me want to not post much here anymore.

So I guess the forum owes you a thank you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:58 - Aug 7 with 7107 viewsjeera

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:48 - Aug 7 by lowhouseblue

so why do you hate your fellow countrymen / women?

Have you ever heard of English or British 'Death Cleaning'?

No, you haven't.

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:58 - Aug 7 with 7102 viewsjeera

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:57 - Aug 7 by SpruceMoose

Posts like this make me want to not post much here anymore.

So I guess the forum owes you a thank you.

It puts all of us off.

Sweden : Covid-19 on 23:03 - Aug 7 with 7097 viewsDarth_Koont

Just to say: the Swedish approach is a Sweden approach based on the overall health management and the ability of Swedes to generally trust and follow health advice.

But the situation in the care homes that they'd passed off to more neoliberal market forces came as a shock. It's been a fatal but hopefully valuable glimpse into a "value" system to which we in the UK are far too attached.

Ultimately, science and traditional conservativism don't mix. There's a lot of value in capitalism but finding the balance to deliver social value is where the serious science comes in.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sweden : Covid-19 on 23:15 - Aug 7 with 7066 viewsDarth_Koont

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:48 - Aug 7 by jeera

I've grown quite fond of blonde women recent years. Funny cos I only ever fancied brunettes.

Maybe if I go to Sweden I can dominate them with my Britishness, quote Brexit a bit to reinforce the impression, shout loudly at them in my native tongue* and watch them fall at my feet.

I will wear my Union Flag face mask too, which the ladies will adore.

I might even go on one of Grayling's ferries for that extra bit of authenticity.

*I know many Swedes speak English.

Go for it.

I've had a Swedish wife and several Swedish girlfriends. So something's obviously worked.

My Swedish daughters think I'm OK as well. They're tough to please but I taught them that way.

Edit: I'm with you re: brunettes. It's not just an over-exposure to blondes, it's in the eyes.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 23:18]

Pronouns: He/Him

Sweden : Covid-19 on 23:19 - Aug 7 with 7044 viewsjeera

Sweden : Covid-19 on 23:15 - Aug 7 by Darth_Koont

Go for it.

I've had a Swedish wife and several Swedish girlfriends. So something's obviously worked.

My Swedish daughters think I'm OK as well. They're tough to please but I taught them that way.

Edit: I'm with you re: brunettes. It's not just an over-exposure to blondes, it's in the eyes.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 23:18]

Maybe they prefer Scots to the English.

Had you considered that or were you just not going to warn me?

(Is it also true you have to be able to recite at least a dozen Abba songs backwards as some sort of mating ritual thing? And then show ability to make some sort of log shelter in a set time?)

Sweden : Covid-19 on 23:22 - Aug 7 with 7035 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Posters getting uppity about the term Muzzles?

Get a feckin grip.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024