Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sweden : Covid-19 21:17 - Aug 7 with 34784 viewsTrequartista

Sweden (No lockdown) 1 in 1800 people died, UK 1 in 1450 people died.

Sweden (No face muzzle) - infection rate down between 15 and 20%, July 23 to August 6. Everywhere else in Europe except Croatia and Portugal - infection rate up.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-chancellor-rishi-sunak-warns-of-travel-di

Was gornon then? The way deaths are recorded vary widely i know that much, but still look at those infection rate figures. Perhaps if we had a first-class testing system we wouldn't need these wretched muzzles?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:21 - Aug 9 with 3241 views26_Paz

Sweden : Covid-19 on 11:37 - Aug 9 by eireblue

May be worth breaking this down a bit.

Abusive people don’t get to decide what is abusive or derogatory language.

It is the targets of the abuse that get to define that.

I don’t you have ever disputed that.

I don’t think it is credible to be neutral with things like racism or homophobia.

A person that uses racist and homophobic language, is not someone that is anti-racist, or anti-homophobia. A person that uses such language a few times, without apology, or admitting it was wrong to use such language when it was pointed out the nature of the comments, is definitely not any-racist or anti-homophobic.

Boris has used racist and homophobic language, you or he doesn’t get to define that.
He hasn’t, although offered numerous opportunities to do so, apologised for his comments.

Puts him on the wrong side.

You may argue there are things he has done, in terms of voting and policy, that indicate he isn’t homophobic or racist. But Boris is a politician that will happily say and do stuff to get votes.

It is using such language and refusing to apologise for it, that demonstrates the type of person he is.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 11:46]

That’s fair enough and your opinion. Many on here will agree with that. What I was trying to say is that (the few) people on here who don’t think Boris is the devil incarnate are treated like lepers just for having a different opinion.

The Paz Man

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:22 - Aug 9 with 3241 viewsgordon

Not bothering to read this thread (but certain it's a cracker), just here to mention that it may be of interest to some participants that Toby Young is setting up a dating site as part of his 'lockdown sceptics' online venture for anyone wishing to discuss these issues and more without the need for 'muzzles' or hand sanitiser.

https://lockdownsceptics.org/forums/

'seeking patriotic crumpet' recommended.
Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:25 - Aug 9 with 3224 viewsHerbivore

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:21 - Aug 9 by 26_Paz

That’s fair enough and your opinion. Many on here will agree with that. What I was trying to say is that (the few) people on here who don’t think Boris is the devil incarnate are treated like lepers just for having a different opinion.

That Boris has said racist and homophobic things isn't a matter of opinion, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:27 - Aug 9 with 3224 viewseireblue

Which bit is opinion?
Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:28 - Aug 9 with 3217 views26_Paz

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:27 - Aug 9 by eireblue

Which bit is opinion?

That Boris is racist and homophobic

The Paz Man

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:31 - Aug 9 with 3195 viewsHerbivore

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:28 - Aug 9 by 26_Paz

What other opinion is there to hold about someone who has said numerous racist and homophobic things, mate?

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:32 - Aug 9 with 3190 views26_Paz

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:31 - Aug 9 by Herbivore

What other opinion is there to hold about someone who has said numerous racist and homophobic things, mate?

We’ve done this over and over and there’s really no point doing it again. I like Boris, you don’t. I can get over that, you can’t.

The Paz Man

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:32 - Aug 9 with 3190 viewsJ2BLUE

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:28 - Aug 9 by 26_Paz

I think what you really mean is yes BJ has said some stupid/racist things but they are only words so you're happy to ignore them because, for you, the good things he has done outweighs what he has said.

Fair?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:33 - Aug 9 with 3188 viewsDarth_Koont

He's not the devil incarnate.

He's just a very poor excuse for a politician let alone a PM. And he has the sort of casual racist tendencies that he (and his supporters) wear like a badge of honour.

Get some standards for God's sake.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:33 - Aug 9 with 3186 viewsHerbivore

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:32 - Aug 9 by 26_Paz

We’ve done this over and over and there’s really no point doing it again. I like Boris, you don’t. I can get over that, you can’t.

You like Boris even though he's said numerous racist and homophobic things over the years? That doesn't reflect very well on you I have to say.

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:34 - Aug 9 with 3180 views26_Paz

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:32 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

I think what you really mean is yes BJ has said some stupid/racist things but they are only words so you're happy to ignore them because, for you, the good things he has done outweighs what he has said.

Fair?

Pretty much it. Although I’d argue what he said was stupid rather than racist.

The Paz Man

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:36 - Aug 9 with 3164 viewsJ2BLUE

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:34 - Aug 9 by 26_Paz

Fair play for being honest.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:37 - Aug 9 with 3160 viewsHerbivore

On what basis is it merely stupid rather than racist?

And what good things has he actually done to outweigh the bad? He's done an awful lot of bad things as a politician and a PM to go with the racism and homophobia.

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:41 - Aug 9 with 3127 viewseireblue

Well, then he would say, sorry.

But he hasn’t.

It isn’t just what he said initially, it is what he said when given an opportunity to apologise.

You think Boris is stupid?
Sweden : Covid-19 on 17:34 - Aug 9 with 3072 views26_Paz

Sweden : Covid-19 on 16:37 - Aug 9 by Herbivore

On what basis is it merely stupid rather than racist?

And what good things has he actually done to outweigh the bad? He's done an awful lot of bad things as a politician and a PM to go with the racism and homophobia.

Brexit, furlough scheme and protecting economy during corona, excellent record on reducing knife crime when mayor of London

The Paz Man

Sweden : Covid-19 on 17:36 - Aug 9 with 3069 viewsSarge

Sweden : Covid-19 on 17:34 - Aug 9 by 26_Paz

Brexit, furlough scheme and protecting economy during corona, excellent record on reducing knife crime when mayor of London

I’d be interested to know what the benefits of Brexit are if and when you find them.
Sweden : Covid-19 on 18:04 - Aug 9 with 3035 viewsHerbivore

Brexit isn't a good thing, mate. It's cost us a fortune already and will damage our economy for years to come. It removes a number of our freedoms and protections and some of the most fervent supporters of the Withdrawal Agreement have realised it's not a good deal for us.

Our economy hasn't been that well protected in comparison to others, we have been and are predicted to be the hardest hit country economically in Europe (link for you here: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2020/jun/10/uk-econo

The furlough scheme is a fairly minimal requirement during a crisis like this, it's a good thing for sure but it's something that you'd expect any reasonably competent government to do. I guess that might be why it stands out against the rest of the incompetence.

So of the things you think he's done that are good as PM, only one of them actually turns out to be a positive and that is the furlough scheme. And again, such a scheme is something you would expect any government to implement during a situation like this. Credit to them for getting one thing right, but when you weigh that against everything else it doesn't amount to much.

For balance, here's some bad things Johnson has done as PM: overseen the highest death toll due to Covid in Europe and one of the worst per capita in the world. Unlawfully prorogued parliament (lying to the Queen in the process). Lied about checks and paperwork on goods coming from NI to Great Britain. Awarded PPE contracts to his friends and friends of friends despite them having no track record of delivering usable PPE. Lied to the parent of a sick child about there being no press there, an incident captured on camera by one of the many press people in attendance. That's before getting into the attempts to avoid scrutiny (skipping interviews, hiding in fridges, shutting parliament as often as possible) and the constant policy flip flops and the various other lies he drip feeds out without even blinking. Then there's giving jobs to the likes of Priti Patel (who demonstrated last time she's not fit for high office) and Chris Grayling. Sacking any MPs who dared to question him. Attempts to undermine and unduly influence the civil service. The list goes on and on.

You've backed an incompetent charlatan, unfortunately, and the country is a lot poorer for it.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 18:08]

Sweden : Covid-19 on 20:19 - Aug 9 with 2940 viewsflimflam

Think you will find there are a lot more than a few but cant be arsed with the grief so do not post.
Remember we live in a heavily blue part of the country.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Sweden : Covid-19 on 20:19 - Aug 9 with 2940 viewseastangliaisblue

It really angers me how people are so blinkered over brexit. I challenge you to give me five reasons as to what's good about it.
Sweden : Covid-19 on 20:28 - Aug 9 with 2921 viewsjeera

Sweden : Covid-19 on 20:19 - Aug 9 by eastangliaisblue

It really angers me how people are so blinkered over brexit. I challenge you to give me five reasons as to what's good about it.

Long-term mate has continuously banged on about sovereignty.

Each time he's asked he talks about 'our' laws being imposed upon us.

Me: "Tell me 10 of these laws that bother you".

Me: "Fine. Give me 5 laws that trouble you enough to want to change our entire future."

Me: "OK, ffs, name a sodding law that you feel strongly about. One in particular. Just one!!!111!!"

Nothing every time. What nonsense.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 20:33]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sweden : Covid-19 on 20:30 - Aug 9 with 2914 viewseastangliaisblue

Sweden : Covid-19 on 20:28 - Aug 9 by jeera

Long-term mate has continuously banged on about sovereignty.

Each time he's asked he talks about 'our' laws being imposed upon us.

Me: "Tell me 10 of these laws that bother you".

Me: "Fine. Give me 5 laws that trouble you enough to want to change our entire future."

Me: "OK, ffs, name a sodding law that you feel strongly about. One in particular. Just one!!!111!!"

Nothing every time. What nonsense.

Incredible isn't it? I have had the same arguments with family, friends and people down the pub. I'm still yet to hear anyone give me a positive reason.

Edit: I will also bet my house on the fact Paz won't be able to give me five reasons. I doubt he will give one.
Sweden : Covid-19 on 20:33 - Aug 9 with 2906 viewsHerbivore

Hi Paz, can you tell me that one again about the good job Johnson is doing of protecting the economy during Covid: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/aug/09/uk-to-fall-into-deepest-slump-o

Sweden : Covid-19 on 20:35 - Aug 9 with 2895 viewsjeera

Sweden : Covid-19 on 20:30 - Aug 9 by eastangliaisblue

Incredible isn't it? I have had the same arguments with family, friends and people down the pub. I'm still yet to hear anyone give me a positive reason.

Edit: I will also bet my house on the fact Paz won't be able to give me five reasons. I doubt he will give one.

As far as I'm concerned he's a troll.

It's the same rubbish on repeat regardless of all and any valid arguments set to him, so it's utterly pointless wasting more time on him.

Anyone bothering now is just being sucked in.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sweden : Covid-19 on 20:41 - Aug 9 with 2880 views26_Paz

Sweden : Covid-19 on 20:35 - Aug 9 by jeera

As far as I'm concerned he's a troll.

It's the same rubbish on repeat regardless of all and any valid arguments set to him, so it's utterly pointless wasting more time on him.

Anyone bothering now is just being sucked in.

You’re so sucked into this you just can’t believe that there are millions of people out there who support Brexit. You’re so stuck in your own viewpoint you honestly believe that someone who supports Brexit must be a ‘troll’. I almost feel sorry for you

The Paz Man

Sweden : Covid-19 on 20:44 - Aug 9 with 2869 views26_Paz

Sweden : Covid-19 on 20:30 - Aug 9 by eastangliaisblue

1. Our own laws taking precedence again
2. Not being tied economically to basket case Southern European economies
3. No longer being having to abide by the farcical rulings of the European court of human rights
4. Our fishing communities no longer being pillaged by rigged quotas
5. Ability to make our own trade deals with any country we chose on terms negotiated by ourselves.
What’s your house like mate? Worth much?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 20:46]

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024