Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sweden : Covid-19 21:17 - Aug 7 with 34634 viewsTrequartista

Sweden (No lockdown) 1 in 1800 people died, UK 1 in 1450 people died.

Sweden (No face muzzle) - infection rate down between 15 and 20%, July 23 to August 6. Everywhere else in Europe except Croatia and Portugal - infection rate up.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-chancellor-rishi-sunak-warns-of-travel-di

Was gornon then? The way deaths are recorded vary widely i know that much, but still look at those infection rate figures. Perhaps if we had a first-class testing system we wouldn't need these wretched muzzles?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Sweden : Covid-19 on 21:06 - Aug 9 with 1880 viewseastangliaisblue

Sweden : Covid-19 on 20:44 - Aug 9 by 26_Paz

1. Our own laws taking precedence again
2. Not being tied economically to basket case Southern European economies
3. No longer being having to abide by the farcical rulings of the European court of human rights
4. Our fishing communities no longer being pillaged by rigged quotas
5. Ability to make our own trade deals with any country we chose on terms negotiated by ourselves.
What’s your house like mate? Worth much?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 20:46]

What laws are they then mate?

Do you mean by tied, as in we give them money through what we pay to the EU? If so you do know how much we get back from the EU ourselves, which get funded into poorer areas right? Those same areas won't be funded by the Tories when we leave, I can assure you of that.

Do you actually know what rights the European court of human rights actually hold up? If you did I can't see why you'd call them farcical.

You do know that this government has the power to give quotas to small scale fishing businesses, but opt to give them to a few super rich families. Four of the five biggest quota holders in this country are on the Sunday Times rich list.

I'm not even going to bother to respond to the last reason, as it's just laughable in the extreme.

My house is worth a bit, looks like i'll be enjoying it a bit longer.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 21:52]
Sweden : Covid-19 on 21:34 - Aug 9 with 1828 viewsStokieBlue

3. No longer being having to abide by the farcical rulings of the European court of human rights
5. Ability to make our own trade deals with any country we chose on terms negotiated by ourselves.

Want to expand on point (2)?

Be specific.

The rest is just stuff from a Farage pamphlet. High in rhetoric, low in facts.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sweden : Covid-19 on 21:46 - Aug 9 with 1804 viewseireblue

None of those describe a benefit.

Here would be how you describe a benefit.

The U.K. will have a GDP increase of 2%, by re-negotiating all the current trade deals it has through the EU. This benefit is provable because of.....

That would be an actual benefit.

So maybe you can try again.
Sweden : Covid-19 on 21:47 - Aug 9 with 1803 viewsClapham_Junction

The European Court of Human Rights isn't related to the EU. It's a separate institution that any countries that has signed up to the European Convention on Human Rights are members of, including Russia and Turkey.

Fck me, four years on and people still spout this bullsh1t.
Sweden : Covid-19 on 10:29 - Aug 10 with 1648 viewsnoggin

Sweden : Covid-19 on 21:47 - Aug 9 by Clapham_Junction

The European Court of Human Rights isn't related to the EU. It's a separate institution that any countries that has signed up to the European Convention on Human Rights are members of, including Russia and Turkey.

Fck me, four years on and people still spout this bullsh1t.

"The European Court of Human Rights isn't related to the EU. It's a separate institution that any countries that has signed up to the European Convention on Human Rights are members of, including Russia and Turkey. "

That's just your opinion

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Sweden : Covid-19 on 11:04 - Aug 10 with 1602 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm not sure:

1. Losing level playing field on goods, regulation and citizen rights;
2. stopping to support and develop our nearest markets;
3. not wanting to comply with the European Convention on Human Rights (not that it's got anything to do with Brexit);
4. reduced fish stocks, and;
5. turning our back on our main and closest trading partners

are quite the 'benefits' you think they are.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sweden : Covid-19 on 11:10 - Aug 10 with 1590 viewsMercian

Taking England alone, Sweden has 3 times the area and 1/6 of the population and only 1 city with over 1/2 million people. They also have crowded beaches. [ https://www.thelocal.se/20200810/the-weekend-in-pictures-crowds-flock-to-swedish
They are not doing well when these factors are taken into account.
Sweden : Covid-19 on 11:42 - Aug 10 with 1562 viewsSharkey

Sweden : Covid-19 on 11:10 - Aug 10 by Mercian

Taking England alone, Sweden has 3 times the area and 1/6 of the population and only 1 city with over 1/2 million people. They also have crowded beaches. [ https://www.thelocal.se/20200810/the-weekend-in-pictures-crowds-flock-to-swedish
They are not doing well when these factors are taken into account.

Stockholm and Gothenburg both have well over half a million inhabitants, and a large percentage of the Swedish population live in a few very densely populated areas. It would be more meaningful to comapare Sweden's figures with Scotland's than with England's.

The experts in Sweden continue to ponder the fact that there is little correlation between population density and infection rates. The Malmö/Lund/Karlsrona/Helsingborg area is densely populated by any standards ( Malmö/Lund has about 450,000 people, making it something like Newcastle/Sunderland/Gateshead) ) and yet the figures in this region remain very low.

The schools go back next week, and it's hoped that after that people will refrain from traveling far outside their home districts.
Login to get fewer ads

Sweden : Covid-19 on 14:09 - Aug 10 with 1521 viewsDecageBruce

Sweden : Covid-19 on 22:43 - Aug 8 by SpruceMoose

My observation is that posts like yours make decent people think twice about posting on here. Why do I want to share a forum with people who think terms like bumboys and pickaninnies are acceptable ways to describe and mock others?

I wouldn't tolerate you doing that in real life. I'd slap those words right out of your mouth if you said them in front of me or my friends.

Why should online life be any different?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2020 22:43]

Not that I agree with Paz at all on this but there are many 'decent people (who) think twice about posting on here' due to the risk of being jumped on by a minority of posters, some of who preach respect and discussion but quite often revert to personal attacks or name calling.

Just an observation from someone who has tried to engage a number of times on the forum but often decides not to post on certain threads due to the involved parties
Sweden : Covid-19 on 14:32 - Aug 10 with 1494 viewsWeWereZombies

Sweden : Covid-19 on 11:42 - Aug 10 by Sharkey

Stockholm and Gothenburg both have well over half a million inhabitants, and a large percentage of the Swedish population live in a few very densely populated areas. It would be more meaningful to comapare Sweden's figures with Scotland's than with England's.

The experts in Sweden continue to ponder the fact that there is little correlation between population density and infection rates. The Malmö/Lund/Karlsrona/Helsingborg area is densely populated by any standards ( Malmö/Lund has about 450,000 people, making it something like Newcastle/Sunderland/Gateshead) ) and yet the figures in this region remain very low.

The schools go back next week, and it's hoped that after that people will refrain from traveling far outside their home districts.

Population density is proving to be something of a red herring as far as Covid-19 goes, with population behaviour seeming far more likely to, eventually, provide an explanation. Take Japan for example, one of the most densely populated nations on Earth, but a relatively low infection and death rate. Then compare that to sparsely populated Saudi Arabia and find very high infection rates. The reason for this may lie in how the population congregate. Then again, if we look at countries like Slovakia or Cuba, we may also need to take frequency of international travel and where people arrive from into account.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 17:30]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Sweden : Covid-19 on 17:20 - Aug 10 with 1444 viewsMercian

Sweden : Covid-19 on 14:32 - Aug 10 by WeWereZombies

Population density is proving to be something of a red herring as far as Covid-19 goes, with population behaviour seeming far more likely to, eventually, provide an explanation. Take Japan for example, one of the most densely populated nations on Earth, but a relatively low infection and death rate. Then compare that to sparsely populated Saudi Arabia and find very high infection rates. The reason for this may lie in how the population congregate. Then again, if we look at countries like Slovakia or Cuba, we may also need to take frequency of international travel and where people arrive from into account.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 17:30]

London, NYC, Paris, Madrid, and Milan are all the primary travel hubs in their countries. There is no suprise that these cities were hit early and hit hard.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 17:20]
Sweden : Covid-19 on 09:09 - Aug 12 with 1324 viewsHerbivore

Sweden : Covid-19 on 17:34 - Aug 9 by 26_Paz

Brexit, furlough scheme and protecting economy during corona, excellent record on reducing knife crime when mayor of London

Hello mate, can you tell me again the one about Johnson doing a good job of protecting the economy during Covid?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53748278

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sweden : Covid-19 on 09:19 - Aug 12 with 1309 viewsJ2BLUE

Sweden : Covid-19 on 09:09 - Aug 12 by Herbivore

Hello mate, can you tell me again the one about Johnson doing a good job of protecting the economy during Covid?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53748278

It would have been 50% if it wasn't for Boris and Brexit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024