Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool 13:26 - Aug 10 with 8112 viewsMaySixth

Liverpool bid £10m
Norwich wanted £20m
Liverpool have now moved on to Olympiakos left back Tsimikasby for £11m
Norwich have a disgruntled player on their hands

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 13:28 - Aug 10 with 8078 viewsSarge

Greed? If Liverpool didn’t match their valuation or get anywhere near then why would they sell? £10m for Lewis is low anyway.
Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 13:29 - Aug 10 with 8065 viewshype313

Leicester will buy him once Chilwell goes to Chelsea.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 13:29 - Aug 10 with 8063 viewsJ2BLUE

By that logic we should accept a couple of million for Downes if Palace come in for him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 13:29 - Aug 10 with 8059 viewsSuperblue95

“Failed to sell” assumes they wanted to sell him. Perhaps they’d rather keep him than have the money

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 13:36 - Aug 10 with 7984 viewsmonty_radio

Can't blame a club for trying to maximise its resources - if only we had a few more to maximise. Like many another club at differing levels, Norwich will have been testing the post-Covid water to see how deep you can go, and discovering that, in the case of Lewis, not that deep. Plus, as others have said, they may be in the fortunate position of not needing to sell cheap.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 13:36 - Aug 10 with 7983 viewsArnieM

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 13:29 - Aug 10 by J2BLUE

By that logic we should accept a couple of million for Downes if Palace come in for him.

We probably will

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 14:00 - Aug 10 with 7868 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 13:29 - Aug 10 by hype313

Leicester will buy him once Chilwell goes to Chelsea.

Yep and that's arguably a better move for him isn't it.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 14:01]
Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 14:04 - Aug 10 with 7834 viewsChrisd

From what I've read, Norwich are in a financial position where they don't need to sell, so why should they sell him for a value they don't feel he's worth? That's more a complaint about us. Yes, Lewis will be disappointed, but I'm sure they'll be bids from other clubs during the transfer window, but they've put their marker firmly in the ground. If you want him, this is what we feel he's worth, otherwise don't waste our time.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 14:35 - Aug 10 with 7703 viewsWickets

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 14:04 - Aug 10 by Chrisd

From what I've read, Norwich are in a financial position where they don't need to sell, so why should they sell him for a value they don't feel he's worth? That's more a complaint about us. Yes, Lewis will be disappointed, but I'm sure they'll be bids from other clubs during the transfer window, but they've put their marker firmly in the ground. If you want him, this is what we feel he's worth, otherwise don't waste our time.

True how much are parachute payments now .
Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 14:57 - Aug 10 with 7626 viewsDarth_Koont

He's back up for a player (Robertson) who will always play when fit and likely stays with Liverpool for the rest of his top-flight career.

£20 million would have been a ridiculous amount to pay for a player who can't really get close to challenging for the place on his own merits.

Pronouns: He/Him

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 15:00 - Aug 10 with 7599 viewsRegencyBlue

Club in bid to maximise fee for player shocker!
Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 15:46 - Aug 10 with 7469 viewsKeno

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 13:36 - Aug 10 by ArnieM

We probably will

you think we will hold for that much?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 17:18 - Aug 10 with 7306 viewsDennyx4

I think the £10m is a fair offer, however as pointed out Norwich should have the money to mean that are not under any pressure to sell.

I do think that they want to offload one of the full backs this summer, with Byram an instant replacement already in the door.

I guess they are trying to push the price up, hoping other clubs will be interested. Rumours of Palace.

How Lewis takes this, only time will tell - especially if a big wage reduction is also landing with him as reported a few months back - believe most of the new contracts had a relegation clause, similar to the ones our players had last season.
Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 17:53 - Aug 10 with 7233 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 13:29 - Aug 10 by J2BLUE

We probably will. Over the length of his 5 year contract.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 18:03 - Aug 10 with 7184 viewshaynes_toe1

I think the fact he's 22, home grown and a full international means they'll get around 15m for him in this covid restricted market. I'm assuming he will go because they have Byram and they signed McCallum from Coventry who looks a real talent at LB
Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 20:56 - Aug 10 with 7002 viewsradiogaga

Don't see the failure in this to be honest. I'm sure they're not disappointed to have kept him, it's a win win situation for them. They either keep him which gives them a good chance of going back up, or they sell him on if someone is prepared to make a ridiculously inflated offer/ get someone else in for considerably less who can also give them a good chance of going back up.

It's crazy to think how far Lewis/ Aarons have kicked on in recent years. They both looked really poor when we played them early in the 18/19 season.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 20:59]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 22:09 - Aug 10 with 6864 viewsHARRY10

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 20:56 - Aug 10 by radiogaga

Don't see the failure in this to be honest. I'm sure they're not disappointed to have kept him, it's a win win situation for them. They either keep him which gives them a good chance of going back up, or they sell him on if someone is prepared to make a ridiculously inflated offer/ get someone else in for considerably less who can also give them a good chance of going back up.

It's crazy to think how far Lewis/ Aarons have kicked on in recent years. They both looked really poor when we played them early in the 18/19 season.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 20:59]

Given that Aarons was not playing, it is no wonder he looked poor
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 22:10]
Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 08:29 - Aug 11 with 6571 viewsradiogaga

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 22:09 - Aug 10 by HARRY10

Given that Aarons was not playing, it is no wonder he looked poor
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 22:10]

Always wise to fact check before ridiculing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45312061

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 10:01 - Aug 11 with 6475 viewsElephantintheRoom

Liverpool were after a back up.... not a 'rising star'. The right move for this lad, IF he even wants to go and Norwich want to sell is to a club who will play him..... Leicester perhaps?

Then in two years time he will be touted as a £100 million player ...like someone else who followed the same path perhaps.

THe irony is of course that Leicster are effectively 'doing an Ipswich' of times past.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 11:23 - Aug 11 with 6386 viewshaynes_toe1

Norwich greed - they have failed to sell Jamal Lewis to Liverpool on 10:01 - Aug 11 by ElephantintheRoom

Liverpool were after a back up.... not a 'rising star'. The right move for this lad, IF he even wants to go and Norwich want to sell is to a club who will play him..... Leicester perhaps?

Then in two years time he will be touted as a £100 million player ...like someone else who followed the same path perhaps.

THe irony is of course that Leicster are effectively 'doing an Ipswich' of times past.

That's the thing, Norwich and these other clubs aren't doing anything new.

Norwich's 'project' or 'model' isn't something really innovative, the Sporting Director model is the norm in most european leagues, just as usual the English game is a bit behind.

They've not done anything unique, they've just headhunted the right person for the sporting director model, then headhunted a coach who fits their criteria on a style of play, then ensured they have the right scouting networks backed up by a top category academy. They'll make loads of young player signings that don't make the grade but the sort of fee's the one's that to make the grade go for, especially if homegrown, is so high that you can afford to buy 10 bad ones for every 1 good one.

I thought this last season McCallum looked a talent for Coventry so a little peeved to see them sign him in Jan, he looks like he could be a potential prem left-back. Which makes me think they'll still sell lewis
[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 11:23]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024