Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've hurt my shoulder. 11:35 - Aug 24 with 2734 viewseastangliaisblue

My shoulder has been giving me some pain the last two days, which at times has been severly painful, so much so I didn't sleep a wink last night. I've never had a frozen shoulder, so wouldn't know what this feels like, but could it be this or have I maybe just pulled something? It's a dull pain and gets worse in waves. I've been taking Ibuprofen and putting icepacks on it, which help a little. Thought I'd seek a little advice on here as I don't want to waste the time of my Doctor if I have just pulled something, although I will have to go see him if it carries on.
I've hurt my shoulder. on 11:59 - Aug 24 with 2306 viewsDarth_Koont

Get it checked out. Shoulders are pretty complicated but especially if you're unable to sleep because of it.

I'm not saying you've got a rotator cuff injury but, for example, that can happen in your sleep as you roll over in bed and similarly won't clear up on its own. Even with diagnosis, it can take 6 months of careful rehab and sometimes an operation.

Get professional help.

Pronouns: He/Him

I've hurt my shoulder. on 12:08 - Aug 24 with 2278 viewseastangliaisblue

I've hurt my shoulder. on 11:59 - Aug 24 by Darth_Koont

Get it checked out. Shoulders are pretty complicated but especially if you're unable to sleep because of it.

I'm not saying you've got a rotator cuff injury but, for example, that can happen in your sleep as you roll over in bed and similarly won't clear up on its own. Even with diagnosis, it can take 6 months of careful rehab and sometimes an operation.

Get professional help.

Oh wow, could be more serious than I thought then, thanks I shall book an appointment.
I've hurt my shoulder. on 12:14 - Aug 24 with 2264 viewsDarth_Koont

I've hurt my shoulder. on 12:08 - Aug 24 by eastangliaisblue

Oh wow, could be more serious than I thought then, thanks I shall book an appointment.

Fingers crossed it isn't anything like as serious and long-lasting as that. But yeah, get the professionals to put you on the right track.

Pronouns: He/Him

I've hurt my shoulder. on 12:21 - Aug 24 with 2241 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Were you watching Bob Mortimer last night?

What part of the shoulder hurts? Is it into the collar bone area?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I've hurt my shoulder. on 12:33 - Aug 24 with 2226 viewseastangliaisblue

I've hurt my shoulder. on 12:21 - Aug 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Were you watching Bob Mortimer last night?

What part of the shoulder hurts? Is it into the collar bone area?

No wasn't watching, I will be watching it later though, why do you ask?

It's more shoulder blade than collar bone.
I've hurt my shoulder. on 12:35 - Aug 24 with 2218 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I've hurt my shoulder. on 12:33 - Aug 24 by eastangliaisblue

I saw the end of it last night, and he mentions frozen shoulder! Just made me wonder if that's why you'd mentioned that particular diagnosis.

I have had pain in the past before, but it seems to come through the collar bone, pretty much convinced it was from side sleeping.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I've hurt my shoulder. on 12:36 - Aug 24 with 2216 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I've hurt my shoulder. on 12:08 - Aug 24 by eastangliaisblue

No point worrying at this stage. Do get it checked out though. If you live in Suffolk you can self-refer directly to physiotherapy (Google AHP Suffolk).

In the mean time keep it moving as much as pain allows. Take it gentley through the range of shoulder movements, to keep blood flowing to the area.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

I've hurt my shoulder. on 12:38 - Aug 24 with 2203 viewseastangliaisblue

I've hurt my shoulder. on 12:35 - Aug 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

I saw the end of it last night, and he mentions frozen shoulder! Just made me wonder if that's why you'd mentioned that particular diagnosis.

I have had pain in the past before, but it seems to come through the collar bone, pretty much convinced it was from side sleeping.

Ah right, nice coincidence. I do tend to sleep on my side a lot, so put it down to that to begin with.
Login to get fewer ads

I've hurt my shoulder. on 12:39 - Aug 24 with 2203 viewsHerbivore

I've hurt my shoulder. on 12:33 - Aug 24 by eastangliaisblue

If it's shoulder blade then it's probably not rotator cuff (which is good news, I tore mine years ago and it still gives me problems from time to time). It's most likely to be muscular or you could have trapped or pinched a nerve potentially. Either way, best to get some medical advice as treatment will vary depending on what exactly it is.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I've hurt my shoulder. on 13:42 - Aug 24 with 2116 viewsfactual_blue

I've hurt my shoulder. on 12:36 - Aug 24 by ThisIsMyUsername

No point worrying at this stage. Do get it checked out though. If you live in Suffolk you can self-refer directly to physiotherapy (Google AHP Suffolk).

In the mean time keep it moving as much as pain allows. Take it gentley through the range of shoulder movements, to keep blood flowing to the area.

I would add a recommendation to this free NHS self-referral. Very rapid response online, followed by a one-to-one consultation a couple of weeks later at my local GP surgery (and that could have quicker had I not chosen to wait for a local appointment).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I've hurt my shoulder. on 13:46 - Aug 24 with 2106 viewsElephantintheRoom

i did something to my shoulder pre-covid - a sort of repetitive strain injury throwing sticks for the hound. It only really hurt at nght and I assumed by not throwing sticks for the dog ie resting it would go away. It didn't.

I mentioned this at my aannual MOT a few weeks later and the GP recommended physiotherapy, for no very good reason. In my neck of the woods there is a 6 week waiting list... and just as with a previous knee injury, by the time the appointment was due, the injury had gone away with rest.

Physiotherapy is wonderful.... it works without doing anything at all. I still get a sore shoulder frm time to time... but I just throw smaller sticks or a tennis ball. I assume its something to do with getting older.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I've hurt my shoulder. on 13:49 - Aug 24 with 2093 viewseireblue

Have you tried acupuncture?
I've hurt my shoulder. on 13:50 - Aug 24 with 2092 viewsMullet

I've had an ongoing shoulder issue since a car crash (not that bad) after the game at Huddersfield where Zeki Fryers was awful.

There are various issues because the joint is so complex so as other have said medical adivce is important. I did all sorts of physio and chiro adjustments and it will never be bad enough for surgery as is, but will never be right. I get a lot of clicking and stuff.

You can google various mobility tests and exercises which miht give you a better idea of where, how far and how painful movement is to give the physio some clues and help get it sorted quicker.

There are things you can do with resistance bands and a things like broom handles to help keep it moving and stop it being too damaged by inactivity but I'd suggest taking those slowly too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I've hurt my shoulder. on 13:54 - Aug 24 with 2080 viewslongtimefan

I've hurt my shoulder. on 13:42 - Aug 24 by factual_blue

I would add a recommendation to this free NHS self-referral. Very rapid response online, followed by a one-to-one consultation a couple of weeks later at my local GP surgery (and that could have quicker had I not chosen to wait for a local appointment).

I was diagnosed with a frozen shoulder after self referral to the physios as suggested above. In my case the pain was only evident when lifting arm above the horizontal so I’m not sure that fits with your symptoms. Interestingly when doing the diagnosis the physio said, they don’t really understand what causes it, don’t really know how to fix it but do know that the symptoms will pass with time! They did give me a few exercises to do but they didn’t really make much difference and I eventually fell out of the routine of doing them. As they said though, after a while it just went away.

PS. I’m sure there’s a few on here that would recommend acupuncture, and quite a lot that definitely wouldn’t
I've hurt my shoulder. on 14:02 - Aug 24 with 2064 viewsFixed_It

I've hurt my shoulder. on 13:50 - Aug 24 by Mullet

I've had an ongoing shoulder issue since a car crash (not that bad) after the game at Huddersfield where Zeki Fryers was awful.

There are various issues because the joint is so complex so as other have said medical adivce is important. I did all sorts of physio and chiro adjustments and it will never be bad enough for surgery as is, but will never be right. I get a lot of clicking and stuff.

You can google various mobility tests and exercises which miht give you a better idea of where, how far and how painful movement is to give the physio some clues and help get it sorted quicker.

There are things you can do with resistance bands and a things like broom handles to help keep it moving and stop it being too damaged by inactivity but I'd suggest taking those slowly too.

Jesus - a car crash after THAT game - how unlucky can you get (unless it was Zeki Fryers that you hit!)?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I've hurt my shoulder. on 14:24 - Aug 24 with 2023 viewsmrshallisfit

Don't wa#k too frantically.
I've hurt my shoulder. on 14:44 - Aug 24 with 1999 viewseastangliaisblue

Thanks for the advice all, I shall get myself to the doctor.
I've hurt my shoulder. on 15:09 - Aug 24 with 1970 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I've hurt my shoulder. on 12:39 - Aug 24 by Herbivore

If it's shoulder blade then it's probably not rotator cuff (which is good news, I tore mine years ago and it still gives me problems from time to time). It's most likely to be muscular or you could have trapped or pinched a nerve potentially. Either way, best to get some medical advice as treatment will vary depending on what exactly it is.

What were your symptoms of rotor cuff?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I've hurt my shoulder. on 15:22 - Aug 24 with 1952 viewsMullet

I've hurt my shoulder. on 14:02 - Aug 24 by Fixed_It

Jesus - a car crash after THAT game - how unlucky can you get (unless it was Zeki Fryers that you hit!)?

It took years to sort too as the woman who hit me was vile. Went straight into the back of me whilst in a mile long queue on the M62 in a fancy merc. Tried to deny hitting me and wouldn't give me her name or anything, she went mental when I took photos of her car and mine.

My suspicion is she and her passenger were cooing over the baby in the back and she wasn't watching the road. Tried swinging past me far too late and skidded into the back of me and missed the guy next to us.

Then wouldn't respond to the insurers etc. I can only assume she was driving a car they couldn't afford or was upto something dodgy.

I've hurt my shoulder. on 15:24 - Aug 24 with 1949 viewsGaryCooper

I have suffered from Saturday night shoulder and it is without a doubt the most pain that I have ever endured.
I have been stabbed, broken my ankle, collar bone and had a blood clot removed from my sack after a cricket ball strike, by the way these were all separate incidents!

A chiropractor and taping helped the pain but not my bank balance.
I've hurt my shoulder. on 16:00 - Aug 24 with 1916 viewsRyorry

I've hurt my shoulder. on 15:22 - Aug 24 by Mullet

It took years to sort too as the woman who hit me was vile. Went straight into the back of me whilst in a mile long queue on the M62 in a fancy merc. Tried to deny hitting me and wouldn't give me her name or anything, she went mental when I took photos of her car and mine.

My suspicion is she and her passenger were cooing over the baby in the back and she wasn't watching the road. Tried swinging past me far too late and skidded into the back of me and missed the guy next to us.

Then wouldn't respond to the insurers etc. I can only assume she was driving a car they couldn't afford or was upto something dodgy.

Did you have a dashcam with rear-view addition back then, or didn't that make any difference?

It's incidents like that which remind me that it'd probably be a good idea to get one anyway.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I've hurt my shoulder. on 16:15 - Aug 24 with 1908 viewseastangliaisblue

I've hurt my shoulder. on 15:24 - Aug 24 by GaryCooper

I have suffered from Saturday night shoulder and it is without a doubt the most pain that I have ever endured.
I have been stabbed, broken my ankle, collar bone and had a blood clot removed from my sack after a cricket ball strike, by the way these were all separate incidents!

A chiropractor and taping helped the pain but not my bank balance.

That's some bad luck you've had. Sorry to hear about the stabbing, it must of been horrific.
I've hurt my shoulder. on 17:05 - Aug 24 with 1875 viewsMullet

I've hurt my shoulder. on 16:00 - Aug 24 by Ryorry

Did you have a dashcam with rear-view addition back then, or didn't that make any difference?

It's incidents like that which remind me that it'd probably be a good idea to get one anyway.

No. I have a dashcam but have to confess I forget to use it more often than not. This was years before they were widespread anyway.

The skidmarks and dents I photographed were enough really. She was just an ubertwot who didn't want to face up to what she'd done.

I've hurt my shoulder. on 18:11 - Aug 24 with 1841 viewsHerbivore

I've hurt my shoulder. on 15:09 - Aug 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

What were your symptoms of rotor cuff?

Well, I did it when also popping my shoulder out so tricky to know at the time what was specifically rotator cuff related and what was from the shoulder popping out. However, the lingering pain I think was due to tearing (or at least partially tearing the rotator cuff) and it comprised pain in the shoulder joint, mainly across the top and front of the joint, and it remained tender to touch for quite a while so if you poked it with a finger it was painful. Movement was limited at the time and then as time passed it some movements were more painful.

I had some physio eventually to help strengthen everything around the joint as I had recurring issues with it, including a couple of further occasions where the joint had slipped slightly so looked like it was dislocated again but wasn't fully out of the socket and just felt really uncomfortable but still had a reasonable amount of movement (though not without pain). I would strongly advise against getting a shoulder injury, it is not much fun.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I've hurt my shoulder. on 18:43 - Aug 24 with 1817 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I've hurt my shoulder. on 18:11 - Aug 24 by Herbivore

Well, I did it when also popping my shoulder out so tricky to know at the time what was specifically rotator cuff related and what was from the shoulder popping out. However, the lingering pain I think was due to tearing (or at least partially tearing the rotator cuff) and it comprised pain in the shoulder joint, mainly across the top and front of the joint, and it remained tender to touch for quite a while so if you poked it with a finger it was painful. Movement was limited at the time and then as time passed it some movements were more painful.

I had some physio eventually to help strengthen everything around the joint as I had recurring issues with it, including a couple of further occasions where the joint had slipped slightly so looked like it was dislocated again but wasn't fully out of the socket and just felt really uncomfortable but still had a reasonable amount of movement (though not without pain). I would strongly advise against getting a shoulder injury, it is not much fun.

4 months of gnawing shoulder pain now but doesn't sound like yours....sometimes down upper arm into elbow and numbness down to the thumb. Hedge cutting has been fun.
And no I haven't tried acupuncture yet!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024