Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however 22:42 - Sep 26 with 3758 viewsN2_Blue

our midfield is the t*ts right now!

They're going to win a lot of games for us this season if they can stay fit and keep up the litter interchanges with each other. They all have ability to play 10, holding role, out wide, it's great to see them work together like this.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I think Wimbledon are more..... on 22:45 - Sep 26 with 3509 viewsBloots

....renowned for their litter exchanges.

Eh?

Get it?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 22:53 - Sep 26 with 3475 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not sure the defence is an especial concern is it? The passing out of defence at times was poor but defensively we were pretty sound. The opposition may have had a few chances in one of our matches but we have kept 3 clean sheets out of 3.

The big difference from last season for me is we seem to be able to create a good number of chances and partnerships are developing in several areas (not least that midfield triangle).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 23:55 - Sep 26 with 3377 viewsTheBoyBlue

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 22:53 - Sep 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not sure the defence is an especial concern is it? The passing out of defence at times was poor but defensively we were pretty sound. The opposition may have had a few chances in one of our matches but we have kept 3 clean sheets out of 3.

The big difference from last season for me is we seem to be able to create a good number of chances and partnerships are developing in several areas (not least that midfield triangle).

Broadly I'm upbeat, but the reason we've kept three clean sheets is because the the opposition have been worse at shooting than us. Rochdale had 15 shots today, but just one was on target. So yes, the defence is a concern as if we come up against any striker who knows which way the goalmouth is we're in trouble. Although hopefully we won't come across many of those this season.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 00:01 - Sep 27 with 3362 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Meh? Does anyone still use that word? (other than you obviously)
Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 06:55 - Sep 27 with 3185 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Not sure the defence is a concern. The full backs look as solid as a rock right now. Two vastly experienced pros, and Chambers look to have a new lease of life at RB, Ward is a bit of a class act.

Distribution was poor yesterday from the centre halves but the out and out defending was good, especially from Toto.

Woolfenden comes back in for Wilson for me long term though.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 07:59 - Sep 27 with 3091 viewsOldsmoker

We've got this Arsenal wonderkid McGuinness to strengthen our defence so no worries.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 08:22 - Sep 27 with 3042 viewsDeano69

Have I missed something or has our ‘concerning’ defence just had three consecutive clean sheets?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 08:23 - Sep 27 with 3044 viewsGuthrum

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 06:55 - Sep 27 by TheTrueBlue1878

Not sure the defence is a concern. The full backs look as solid as a rock right now. Two vastly experienced pros, and Chambers look to have a new lease of life at RB, Ward is a bit of a class act.

Distribution was poor yesterday from the centre halves but the out and out defending was good, especially from Toto.

Woolfenden comes back in for Wilson for me long term though.

The fact we have so far conceded zero goals in the League would suggest our GK and defence are functioning reasonably well at the moment.

I also think that Hawkins is working hard to create chances, even if not (yet) scoring them himself.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 08:26 - Sep 27 with 3033 viewsGuthrum

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 23:55 - Sep 26 by TheBoyBlue

Broadly I'm upbeat, but the reason we've kept three clean sheets is because the the opposition have been worse at shooting than us. Rochdale had 15 shots today, but just one was on target. So yes, the defence is a concern as if we come up against any striker who knows which way the goalmouth is we're in trouble. Although hopefully we won't come across many of those this season.

Are the shots mostly off target because our defence is not giving them the time and space in dangerous areas to set themselves and pick their target?

We get a lot of bodies in (maily Nsiala) blocking those shots heading directly goalwards.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 08:26 - Sep 27 with 3033 viewsChrisd

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 08:23 - Sep 27 by Guthrum

The fact we have so far conceded zero goals in the League would suggest our GK and defence are functioning reasonably well at the moment.

I also think that Hawkins is working hard to create chances, even if not (yet) scoring them himself.

On the plus side, although he’s not scored himself yet, Hawkins is creating chances.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 08:56 - Sep 27 with 2969 viewsMullet

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 08:26 - Sep 27 by Chrisd

On the plus side, although he’s not scored himself yet, Hawkins is creating chances.

In two games he's missed an open goal, forced a wonder save and had one off the line. At some point this month one will spin past a defender's foot or fly into the inside of the post.

He looks like he will score about 10 this season and set up as many as that easily this far.

Norwood looks a long way off still. He had one decent move from a Lankester pass where he bullied the already weary CB, but unless he improves quickly he'll be the supporting cast this season.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 09:01 - Sep 27 with 2948 viewsHerbivore

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 23:55 - Sep 26 by TheBoyBlue

How many of those 15 shots would you describe as genuine decent chances though? They didn't have many of those.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 09:11 - Sep 27 with 2921 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Thought Wilson played well yesterday and second half Nsiala was fine. Nsiala made a couple of very good blocks and that one probably goal saving tackle. His distribution in the first half was terrible and would have led to goals against a decent side.

Didn’t think the midfield was great first half yesterday but it’s great that all of them are good with the ball at their feet and genuinely look threatening. We haven’t had that for a long time. Sears is such an asset to us and his combination play with Ward will win us plenty of games we wouldn’t have last year. Hawkins did well and was unlucky not to score - he’s good with the ball at his feet and with a bit of coaching he’ll add goals to his game.

Thought Rathbone was good for them - he stood out last year too.
Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 09:20 - Sep 27 with 2905 viewsBloomBlue

A defence which has kept 3 clean sheets, can you explain how that's a concern?

Even the best defense in the world will concede goals, not sure if you've checked the stats but even when the greatest played, the Beat, the opposition created chances and scored against us.

Same with strikers in L1 they will miss opportunities, however look at Hawkins yesterday, one of the best saves you will see at PR this season, then the post and then one cleared off the line, he did nothing wrong with anyone of those chances. Actually the one that hit the post was brilliant improvisation by him, the sort of thing fans have been crying out for.
Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 09:38 - Sep 27 with 2871 viewsMonkeyAlan

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 22:53 - Sep 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

We haven't played anyone who can actually shoot on target yet. Our strikers look a concern and if we get promoted they would have to be changed, because none of them are anywhere near championship level. Defense is ok at the moment but again. If we went up apart from wolfy we would be stuffed. We have way too many midfielders. We could get rid of 3 easily.
Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 09:41 - Sep 27 with 2862 viewsNthQldITFC

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 09:11 - Sep 27 by PrideOfTheEast

Thought Wilson played well yesterday and second half Nsiala was fine. Nsiala made a couple of very good blocks and that one probably goal saving tackle. His distribution in the first half was terrible and would have led to goals against a decent side.

Didn’t think the midfield was great first half yesterday but it’s great that all of them are good with the ball at their feet and genuinely look threatening. We haven’t had that for a long time. Sears is such an asset to us and his combination play with Ward will win us plenty of games we wouldn’t have last year. Hawkins did well and was unlucky not to score - he’s good with the ball at his feet and with a bit of coaching he’ll add goals to his game.

Thought Rathbone was good for them - he stood out last year too.

Do you think Rathbone might be able to solve any interesting little problems for us?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 09:42 - Sep 27 with 2859 viewsStokieBlue

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 08:56 - Sep 27 by Mullet

In two games he's missed an open goal, forced a wonder save and had one off the line. At some point this month one will spin past a defender's foot or fly into the inside of the post.

He looks like he will score about 10 this season and set up as many as that easily this far.

Norwood looks a long way off still. He had one decent move from a Lankester pass where he bullied the already weary CB, but unless he improves quickly he'll be the supporting cast this season.

He also had that spin and shot on turn which hit the post yesterday.

As you say, Norwood is miles off and offered very little compared to Hawkins.

On a side note, their keeper yesterday was only 18 - looked promising (actually, just checked and he is on loan from Man City so he's pretty much as you'd expect).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 09:47 - Sep 27 with 2851 viewsHerbivore

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 09:42 - Sep 27 by StokieBlue

He also had that spin and shot on turn which hit the post yesterday.

As you say, Norwood is miles off and offered very little compared to Hawkins.

On a side note, their keeper yesterday was only 18 - looked promising (actually, just checked and he is on loan from Man City so he's pretty much as you'd expect).

SB

That turn and shot was very good, made a chance out of nothing there really and was unlucky it didn't curl in another inch. I did think he should have buried the header that the keeper made a good save from. Very good save but he directed it too centrally. Still made an excellent contribution overall but at some point he'll need to start taking some of those chances, especially when the opposition improves.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 10:08 - Sep 27 with 2802 viewsPendejo

When we concede we don't win, luckily this has only happened in the cup so far.... but that is a concern....

Work in progress, wait for end of season status report

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 10:19 - Sep 27 with 2768 viewsDubtractor

Defensively the back 4 has been fine so far, no real argument with nil conceded in 3 games, but there is a concern with the passing if we play against a team that actually presses the back 4, which hasn't happened yet. But I think there is more than enough strength in depth at the back with players still to come back in, especially Woolf and and KVY.

My nagging concern is lack of goals up front at the moment.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 10:30 - Sep 27 with 2730 viewsjayessess

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 10:19 - Sep 27 by Dubtractor

Defensively the back 4 has been fine so far, no real argument with nil conceded in 3 games, but there is a concern with the passing if we play against a team that actually presses the back 4, which hasn't happened yet. But I think there is more than enough strength in depth at the back with players still to come back in, especially Woolf and and KVY.

My nagging concern is lack of goals up front at the moment.

Yeah, I don't think we should pretend yesterday was great defensively. A lot of sloppy giveaways from Nsiala (although he once again did very well as a stopper) in particular. We also totally switched off after the second went in.

I'll be interested to see what happens when Woolfenden and KVY come back. I think you'd struggle to argue they aren't better footballers than Wilson, Nsiala and Chambers, but a settled back four that's performing adequately is a precious thing...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 11:30 - Sep 27 with 2669 viewsN2_Blue

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 10:30 - Sep 27 by jayessess

Yeah, I don't think we should pretend yesterday was great defensively. A lot of sloppy giveaways from Nsiala (although he once again did very well as a stopper) in particular. We also totally switched off after the second went in.

I'll be interested to see what happens when Woolfenden and KVY come back. I think you'd struggle to argue they aren't better footballers than Wilson, Nsiala and Chambers, but a settled back four that's performing adequately is a precious thing...

Yes agree with this, KVY and Woolfenden will significantly improve the back 4.

I stated the defence is a concern because the current line up I do not think is great, but i'm delighted with how they have started. But wilson and Toto are likely to make mistakes and against better attacks could struggle.

But fair play to how they are doing, they've been solid enough against the oppo this far but doesn't mean i don't think they are a concern, could easilly have been punished by those free headers v Wigan.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 13:40 - Sep 27 with 2580 viewssouthnorfolkblue

The number of shots is not just down to the defence because the midfield are supposed to be shielding them. It’s one of the trade offs that you are going to have if you play Dozzell ahead of Skuse....it’s a trade off that I will take every day of the week

Poll: Our final position

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 14:23 - Sep 27 with 2539 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 08:23 - Sep 27 by Guthrum

Indeed, although I don’t think Hawkins is the type of player who gets 1 and goes on a hot streak but think he could get 12/13 in a season if he gets that first one.

But yesterday showed the importance of that lone striker in addition to goals, hold up play, bringing others in, the first line of press, something Drinan is also very good at, something Norwood not so much right now.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 15:31 - Sep 27 with 2462 viewsjayessess

Our Gk is ok, our defence is a concern, our strikers are a bit meh...however on 14:23 - Sep 27 by TheTrueBlue1878

Indeed, although I don’t think Hawkins is the type of player who gets 1 and goes on a hot streak but think he could get 12/13 in a season if he gets that first one.

But yesterday showed the importance of that lone striker in addition to goals, hold up play, bringing others in, the first line of press, something Drinan is also very good at, something Norwood not so much right now.

Gotta say, I struggle to see what Norwood is really good at. He's not really a pure goalscorer. His finishing is poor to average, he's not a threat from distance, he's not particularly quick, doesn't go past people, he's nothing special as a link player or with his back to goal. His off the ball movement might be slightly above average, maybe?

Unless a bit more fitness turns him into a player we haven't seen so far, I don't see how he's a better option than Hawkins or Jackson.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024