Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bullying is A - OK peeps! 11:56 - Nov 20 with 4945 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076

Gotta love this Government.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2020 11:56]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 16:29 - Nov 20 with 899 viewsBluefish

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 16:18 - Nov 20 by gtsb1966

From the BBC "She is positioned on the right of the party - she voted against gay marriage, campaigned against the smoking ban, and previously advocated bringing back the death penalty, before later saying she did not support it".... Classy. I said on one thread yesterday i hated Boris with a passion. Today i hate him even more the spineless c***.

Funny how it is universally ok to call the prime minister a c*** on here but not to put FOPRP or call shambert a c***

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 16:32 - Nov 20 with 901 viewsSpruceMoose

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 16:29 - Nov 20 by Bluefish

Funny how it is universally ok to call the prime minister a c*** on here but not to put FOPRP or call shambert a c***

I guess Phil doesn't have to meet with Boris Johnson once a week.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 16:33 - Nov 20 with 899 viewsgtsb1966

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 16:29 - Nov 20 by Bluefish

Boris is and a big one at that. Lambert isn't. Next.
Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 16:33 - Nov 20 with 887 viewsBluefish

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 16:32 - Nov 20 by SpruceMoose

I guess Phil doesn't have to meet with Boris Johnson once a week.

As he does he should be in no doubt that he is a ....

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 16:40 - Nov 20 with 887 viewsSpruceMoose

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 16:33 - Nov 20 by Bluefish

As he does he should be in no doubt that he is a ....

I work with loads of c****. I'd never get anything done if I went round calling them c**** all day or allowed the staff I supervise to constantly send round emails calling them c****.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 16:50 - Nov 20 with 872 viewsBlueBadger

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:35 - Nov 20 by woiii

Is there a transcript of any of the bullying conversations anywhere online? I'd like to know exactly what's been said and draw my own conclusions.

Ah, a 'new' player emerges!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 16:58 - Nov 20 with 858 viewsBloomBlue

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 16:40 - Nov 20 by SpruceMoose

I work with loads of c****. I'd never get anything done if I went round calling them c**** all day or allowed the staff I supervise to constantly send round emails calling them c****.

Colin?
Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 16:58 - Nov 20 with 860 viewswoiii

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 16:50 - Nov 20 by BlueBadger

Ah, a 'new' player emerges!

Hi, I don't intend to write on here much. I signed up after the Sunderland game to moan about the refereeing (which I didn't bother doing) and my plan is to watch the next couple of games and, if they go the same way, give up watching football for a while. So I doubt I'll be boring people for too long.
Login to get fewer ads

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 17:41 - Nov 20 with 839 viewsBlueBadger

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 16:58 - Nov 20 by woiii

Hi, I don't intend to write on here much. I signed up after the Sunderland game to moan about the refereeing (which I didn't bother doing) and my plan is to watch the next couple of games and, if they go the same way, give up watching football for a while. So I doubt I'll be boring people for too long.

Just whenever someone starts a thread criticising the corrupt, incompetent sociopaths in charge of the country, eh?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 18:12 - Nov 20 with 799 viewswoiii

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 17:41 - Nov 20 by BlueBadger

Just whenever someone starts a thread criticising the corrupt, incompetent sociopaths in charge of the country, eh?

I fookin hate tories if that's what you're asking. They talk about wanting the UK to become a center of excellence for technology post brexit blah blah blah....
but they've let Nvidia buy ARM from softbank instead of investing in it. ARM being the company who's on the cutting edge of processor design, overtaking Intel. This was a massive opportunity wasted that show we have no ambition to compete globally at anything.
Also, they've done their best to destroy the IT industry with their IR35 implementation. So no, I'm not here to support tories. If I said what I think of them I'd probably have the police knocking on my door so I'll leave it at that.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2020 18:14]
Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 07:35 - Nov 21 with 720 viewsairliner

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 12:44 - Nov 20 by Bluefish

Is he still here? Haven't seen him since his abuse reporting spree at me last night

There’s bullying on this forum all the time , nobody is sanctioned for it either .
Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 07:45 - Nov 21 with 714 views26_Paz

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 12:42 - Nov 20 by Herbivore

No, I've had one before for using the phrase I've used in this thread. Paz complained, which is ironic given his belief in free speech when he's defending racists.

In that particularly example I think you added ‘and that includes you Paz’ on the end. Made it a little more personal, probably what pushed it just the other side of the line. I’m not looking to restart an old argument here, just clarifying why I reported it that time and not others

The Paz Man

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 07:47 - Nov 21 with 710 views26_Paz

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 12:44 - Nov 20 by Bluefish

Is he still here? Haven't seen him since his abuse reporting spree at me last night

Had a couple of quiet days in here. After being called what you called me I didn’t feel too inclined to log in. Thanks to Phil for swiftly removing the offensive posts.

The Paz Man

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 07:57 - Nov 21 with 692 viewsStokieBlue

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 18:12 - Nov 20 by woiii

I fookin hate tories if that's what you're asking. They talk about wanting the UK to become a center of excellence for technology post brexit blah blah blah....
but they've let Nvidia buy ARM from softbank instead of investing in it. ARM being the company who's on the cutting edge of processor design, overtaking Intel. This was a massive opportunity wasted that show we have no ambition to compete globally at anything.
Also, they've done their best to destroy the IT industry with their IR35 implementation. So no, I'm not here to support tories. If I said what I think of them I'd probably have the police knocking on my door so I'll leave it at that.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2020 18:14]

By "destroy the IT industry" do you actually mean they have made contractors pay a more reasonable amount of tax? That was always going to happen under any government at some stage.

You are right on ARM but your timing is wrong. It was too late when Nvidia bought them, it should have been blocked and invested in when SoftBank bought them. That was of course still under the Tories.

SB
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 8:05]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 08:24 - Nov 21 with 672 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 16:18 - Nov 20 by gtsb1966

From the BBC "She is positioned on the right of the party - she voted against gay marriage, campaigned against the smoking ban, and previously advocated bringing back the death penalty, before later saying she did not support it".... Classy. I said on one thread yesterday i hated Boris with a passion. Today i hate him even more the spineless c***.

She wanted to leverage food shortages in Ireland in brexit negotiations.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 08:28 - Nov 21 with 667 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 08:24 - Nov 21 by WestStanderLaLaLa

She wanted to leverage food shortages in Ireland in brexit negotiations.

Worked before

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 08:42 - Nov 21 with 657 viewsTractorWood

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 16:40 - Nov 20 by SpruceMoose

Just listened to her 'apology'. Firstly she shouted it which seemed ironic. Secondly, it was the classic Tory apology of 'sorry you got offended by my actions' and thirdly seemed to allude to her departments at the time of being unsupported shambles. Which either further incriminates her as useless or the wider Tories for being useless.

At the risk of judging her professional style from this report, a few interviews I've seen with her, some of the accounts of colleagues and source reports of her, she seems the type of person who doesn't listen to the intelligent people around her, is fast and loose with her mouth and is rarely correct with her stubborn opinions. Then when she is proved wrong, the blame cannon gets scattered gunned absolutely everywhere.

However, she's subservient to Boris which is the most important thing to keeping your political role despite the obvious reasons she shouldn't be in high office. See Matt Hancock, Grant Schapps, Liz Truss, Gavin Williamson etc.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 12:31 - Nov 21 with 605 viewswoiii

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 07:57 - Nov 21 by StokieBlue

By "destroy the IT industry" do you actually mean they have made contractors pay a more reasonable amount of tax? That was always going to happen under any government at some stage.

You are right on ARM but your timing is wrong. It was too late when Nvidia bought them, it should have been blocked and invested in when SoftBank bought them. That was of course still under the Tories.

SB
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 8:05]

Contractors already did pay a reasonable amount of tax. The amount of tax it's right to pay if you're self employed with no job security and all the stresses and costs that go along with that. Although it's been deferred for a year most companies are no longer hiring any freelancers meaning that they have a choice of two options - 1) employ a massively expensive, old fashioned and rigid IT department, or 2) outsource everything to either to the likes of Accenture (expensive), or to India.
Luckily I currently have a team which had formed their own company in India and I have them coming over here in shifts to avoid visa issues.
Personally I wasn't really ready to retire yet, but I think I will have to now.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 12:34]
Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 12:39 - Nov 21 with 594 viewsStokieBlue

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 12:31 - Nov 21 by woiii

Contractors already did pay a reasonable amount of tax. The amount of tax it's right to pay if you're self employed with no job security and all the stresses and costs that go along with that. Although it's been deferred for a year most companies are no longer hiring any freelancers meaning that they have a choice of two options - 1) employ a massively expensive, old fashioned and rigid IT department, or 2) outsource everything to either to the likes of Accenture (expensive), or to India.
Luckily I currently have a team which had formed their own company in India and I have them coming over here in shifts to avoid visa issues.
Personally I wasn't really ready to retire yet, but I think I will have to now.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 12:34]

Some firms have chosen to either convert their contractors to perms (if they are willing and depending on them individual the level they an earn at) or continued taking contractors but inside IR35. I do understand your point around creating a rigid structure but that's not always a bad thing. I do think it depends on the size of the company though. You are likely correct that it's not ideal for smaller firms.

Let's be honest though, a good number of the roles were never IR35 compliant anyway, it's just a blind eye was turned.

I am sorry to hear that you feel it's forced your retirement - that's certainly not the type of thing I like to hear :(.

SB
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 12:40]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 12:57 - Nov 21 with 571 viewsGlasgowBlue

Breaking. Emperor Palpatine has cleared Lord Vader of bullying members of his staff.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:17 - Nov 21 with 554 viewswoiii

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 12:39 - Nov 21 by StokieBlue

Some firms have chosen to either convert their contractors to perms (if they are willing and depending on them individual the level they an earn at) or continued taking contractors but inside IR35. I do understand your point around creating a rigid structure but that's not always a bad thing. I do think it depends on the size of the company though. You are likely correct that it's not ideal for smaller firms.

Let's be honest though, a good number of the roles were never IR35 compliant anyway, it's just a blind eye was turned.

I am sorry to hear that you feel it's forced your retirement - that's certainly not the type of thing I like to hear :(.

SB
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 12:40]

Some firms have. I know SSE have done this, Barclays on the other hand just fired all their contractors and HSBC offered them a 20% pay cut + a move inside IR35 to full PAYE tax.... that's not viable if you have to travel 150 miles to work and pay for a hotel for the week out of your own pocket (plus obviously not seeing your family). They've done their best to destroy a nice little money spinner for a lot of people because, of course, the tories hate the idea of the plebs being able to drag themselves out of poverty, don't they?
Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:22 - Nov 21 with 544 viewsHerbivore

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 12:57 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

Breaking. Emperor Palpatine has cleared Lord Vader of bullying members of his staff.

Think even Palpatine would wince at how this Tory government conducts itself.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:23 - Nov 21 with 541 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 12:47 - Nov 20 by SpruceMoose

Talking of bullying and its impacts, it's International Trans Day of Remembrance today. I'd encourage everyone to take a minute or two to reflect on some of the struggles faced by individuals in that community.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2020 12:50]

Sorry. Downvoted by mistake.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 13:23]
Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:24 - Nov 21 with 539 viewsSpruceMoose

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:23 - Nov 21 by SouthBucksBlue

Sorry. Downvoted by mistake.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 13:23]

No worries!

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:26 - Nov 21 with 532 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bullying is A - OK peeps! on 13:22 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

Think even Palpatine would wince at how this Tory government conducts itself.

If Thatcher is Palpatine then Boris is basically Snoke.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024