Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side 17:04 - Nov 21 with 5379 viewsitfcjoe

Obviously always happy to win, but does feel like a result that does us more harm than good in the long run.

Last 3 home victories could all have gone the other way, let's see what this week brings

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:06 - Nov 21 with 2954 viewsDanTheMan

> but does feel like a result that does us more harm than good in the long run.

This x 1000.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:06 - Nov 21 with 2934 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:07 - Nov 21 with 2916 viewsHerbivore

This is the thing, our last 6 games we've won three and lost three but the wins have been proper spawny, undeserved one goal wins at home against bottom half teams. There's no sense that we're getting any better as a team, we look awful in fact. How Shrewsbury have contrived to lose that game is beyond me. Totally gifted us the two goals.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:07 - Nov 21 with 2916 viewsSomethingBlue

Really poor for the most part and a damaging one if Bish is out for a while too.

I'll take the win though and the other results have gone pretty well. The only thing I'd say is credit to us for staying patient and not snatching at things in that final spell. Really need to show something in the next two though if anyone is to be remotely convinced. Lambert is on very thin ice for me.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:08 - Nov 21 with 2875 viewscbower

Jewell at Barnsleyesque?

bluescouser

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:09 - Nov 21 with 2849 viewsdavblue

Biggest thing for me was the lack of reaction from the players to the goal you would have thought they were going to be all together going crazy. Then at the end of the game, just nothing didn’t even look that happy.

Might be the camera man but it looked totally flat.

Another worrying performance, Lambert is done, as a football man you can’t sit there and watch that and think that’s a team that will get promoted. Again we are getting results but the indicator of performance is way down.
Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:09 - Nov 21 with 2848 viewsBlueBadger

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:07 - Nov 21 by SomethingBlue

Really poor for the most part and a damaging one if Bish is out for a while too.

I'll take the win though and the other results have gone pretty well. The only thing I'd say is credit to us for staying patient and not snatching at things in that final spell. Really need to show something in the next two though if anyone is to be remotely convinced. Lambert is on very thin ice for me.

So Lambert by BlueBadger 21 Nov 2020 16:44
What about the limp relegation, failure to get out of the 3rd division last season and piss-poor football convinced you he was still the man for the job?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:10 - Nov 21 with 2819 viewsBlueBadger

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:08 - Nov 21 by cbower

Jewell at Barnsleyesque?

Got that feel hasn't it?

I really fear that this is the result that saves Lambert's job for this season and he'll stay on for the rest of the season now to do yet more damage.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:10 - Nov 21 with 2811 viewsTrequartista

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:07 - Nov 21 by SomethingBlue

You'd have thought that if Bishop has suffered a bad injury they wouldn't have sent him out for the second half.

You'd have thought.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:10 - Nov 21 with 2802 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Going to be a long Tuesday night against Hull I'm afraid.
Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:11 - Nov 21 with 2758 viewsfootball89

Feel so deflated despite winning. Dreading tuesday night.
Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:12 - Nov 21 with 2741 viewsRobTheMonk

Fluked it. Own goal and some rubbish goalkeeping in the 96th minute of injury time. Where did 7 minutes come from lol. I thought it would be 5 minutes max.

Charlton and Hull will be interersting...
Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:12 - Nov 21 with 2720 viewsBluefish

8/10?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:12 - Nov 21 with 2720 viewsitfcjoe

I thought we were poor after the goals, so many errors and so lucky to win that one.

It was the sort of game I struggled to retain interest in and felt genuinely sad when watching it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:13 - Nov 21 with 2696 viewsRocky

A win that feels like a defeat.
Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:13 - Nov 21 with 2694 viewsBlueBadger

I'm just baffled now why anyone still thinks he deserves to stay in a job and I'm trying to understand.

Everything that he's been employed to deliver(preventing relegation, promotion, better football, a 'long term rebuild') he's failed or failing to do.

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:14 - Nov 21 with 2664 viewsSomethingBlue

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:12 - Nov 21 by itfcjoe

I thought we were poor after the goals, so many errors and so lucky to win that one.

It was the sort of game I struggled to retain interest in and felt genuinely sad when watching it

Must admit I was barely watching when JL scored.

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:15 - Nov 21 with 2645 viewsHerbivore

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:12 - Nov 21 by itfcjoe

It was just awful. So flat. No quality. No sense that the team really knew what they were meant to be doing. Every side we play looks better organised and more of a team than we do.

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:15 - Nov 21 with 2624 viewsairliner

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:13 - Nov 21 by BlueBadger

I'm just baffled now why anyone still thinks he deserves to stay in a job and I'm trying to understand.

Everything that he's been employed to deliver(preventing relegation, promotion, better football, a 'long term rebuild') he's failed or failing to do.

Failing to do what ? Joint 2nd ? What’s he failed at, winning today.
Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:15 - Nov 21 with 2611 viewsSomethingBlue

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:13 - Nov 21 by BlueBadger

Fine — so if we fcuk up against two promotion rivals at home in the coming week he needs to go, for me. If we don't we'll probably be top. It's simple. This week is really pivotal.

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:16 - Nov 21 with 2595 viewsHerbivore

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:15 - Nov 21 by airliner

Failing to do what ? Joint 2nd ? What’s he failed at, winning today.

Really poor comedy account this.

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:16 - Nov 21 with 2602 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I don’t think we knicked as such.

We had chances to win that. Think we ended up with 14/15 attempts, 70% of the ball.

We had chances to win that but felt as though we weren’t clinical enough today.

Concede a goal after 4 minutes, gives a side like them something to hang on to.

Didn’t really get going opening 15 at all, no surprise it took until last 15 to breakthrough.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:17 - Nov 21 with 2578 viewsHerbivore

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:15 - Nov 21 by SomethingBlue

Fine — so if we fcuk up against two promotion rivals at home in the coming week he needs to go, for me. If we don't we'll probably be top. It's simple. This week is really pivotal.

Even in the unlikely event we nick a couple of home wins this week, do you really have faith that he can see it through over a season? Because if you do I'd love to know where that faith is coming from.

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:17 - Nov 21 with 2304 viewsBlueBadger

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:15 - Nov 21 by SomethingBlue

I salute you patience, if not your judgement.

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:18 - Nov 21 with 2291 viewsurbanblue

Yep ... Sad! So very true. That's how I was feeling.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024