Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contact the club 09:09 - Nov 25 with 6660 viewsHerbivore

Just an idea but might be worth people contacting the club to voice their displeasure at the manager. In normal times we would be making our feelings very clear at the ground but we can't do that at the minute. It's much easier for Evans to not listen when there's no noise in the first place.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Contact the club on 10:50 - Nov 25 with 1098 viewspeterleeblue

its not the manager though is it. its much more deep rooted than that.

What I find annoying about Ipswich is that we will pick up points against a lot of the teams in the lower half. However these lower half teams are capable of mustering the odd win against a top side now and again oh and have a cup run from time to time. Ipswich fans are just fed crap year after year.

Let's be honest in 35 years here are the good seasons.
90-91
Half of 91-92

96-97
97-98
98-99
99-00
00-01

That's it really. As I think the Royle years were largely crap. Under Royle the air of inevitability was there. Under Burley I was devastated when we didn't make it upeach year as I genuinely thought we were good enough.

McCarthy play off year was alright but we got beat of them....

God forbid if it wasn't for Burley.
Contact the club on 11:06 - Nov 25 with 1056 viewsHerbivore

Contact the club on 10:50 - Nov 25 by peterleeblue

its not the manager though is it. its much more deep rooted than that.

What I find annoying about Ipswich is that we will pick up points against a lot of the teams in the lower half. However these lower half teams are capable of mustering the odd win against a top side now and again oh and have a cup run from time to time. Ipswich fans are just fed crap year after year.

Let's be honest in 35 years here are the good seasons.
90-91
Half of 91-92

96-97
97-98
98-99
99-00
00-01

That's it really. As I think the Royle years were largely crap. Under Royle the air of inevitability was there. Under Burley I was devastated when we didn't make it upeach year as I genuinely thought we were good enough.

McCarthy play off year was alright but we got beat of them....

God forbid if it wasn't for Burley.

At this present time it is very much the manager.

Contact the club on 11:16 - Nov 25 with 1018 viewsMrTown

Contact the club on 10:30 - Nov 25 by stopmoaning

I e-mailed jim.magilton@itfc.co.uk years ago when he was manager just saying Bring Pablo back! And got a reply from someone there, and he did infact bring Pablo back.

Are you suggesting that possibly, just maybe, paul.lambert@itfc.co.uk could be the address to try.....

*ducks for cover*

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Contact the club on 12:10 - Nov 25 with 960 viewsstopmoaning

Contact the club on 11:16 - Nov 25 by MrTown

Are you suggesting that possibly, just maybe, paul.lambert@itfc.co.uk could be the address to try.....

*ducks for cover*

Well, I wouldn't want to say that would I!?
Contact the club on 12:11 - Nov 25 with 959 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Contact the club on 09:19 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

I was thinking about this, if I'm not able to raise frustrations in the ground how would I go about doing so outside the ground?

German sausages.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Contact the club on 12:38 - Nov 25 with 922 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Email sent.

Dear Liz,

I've not felt compelled to write to ITFC for many years, but we really are at a crossroads. With the salary cap in place, promotion this year is essential to stop many of our better players drifting away as their contracts end. And Paul Lambert, and his assistants, don't appear to be the team to achieve this. Yes we've had a lot of injuries, but we still ought to have enough strength to be one of the best teams in League One. Some of the results have been good... but they mask what's really happening. Individual quality appears to get us over the line on occasions, but there appears a lack of tactics and coaching. We are not making the best of the players we have.

We need a change, and to bring in a management team who can coach the players to be better (especially the younger players) with the tactical nous to change things that aren't working. When we have Paul Lambert saying, "We're awful with two up front," that sounds like a man who's run out of ideas, inspiration and desire.

I'd be grateful if my comments were passed on. Marcus Evans needs to make a change quickly, before it's too late.

Sincerely,
Dollers (customer no. 12345)

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Contact the club on 12:49 - Nov 25 with 888 viewsSpruceMoose

Contact the club on 09:19 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

I was thinking about this, if I'm not able to raise frustrations in the ground how would I go about doing so outside the ground?

Whip round on here to hire a massive mobile PA system that we can park outside the entrance to the ground and play boos for 90 minutes every match day.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Contact the club on 12:49 - Nov 25 with 900 viewsitfcjoe

Contact the club on 12:38 - Nov 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

Email sent.

Dear Liz,

I've not felt compelled to write to ITFC for many years, but we really are at a crossroads. With the salary cap in place, promotion this year is essential to stop many of our better players drifting away as their contracts end. And Paul Lambert, and his assistants, don't appear to be the team to achieve this. Yes we've had a lot of injuries, but we still ought to have enough strength to be one of the best teams in League One. Some of the results have been good... but they mask what's really happening. Individual quality appears to get us over the line on occasions, but there appears a lack of tactics and coaching. We are not making the best of the players we have.

We need a change, and to bring in a management team who can coach the players to be better (especially the younger players) with the tactical nous to change things that aren't working. When we have Paul Lambert saying, "We're awful with two up front," that sounds like a man who's run out of ideas, inspiration and desire.

I'd be grateful if my comments were passed on. Marcus Evans needs to make a change quickly, before it's too late.

Sincerely,

Ditto

Dear xxx

Apologies for e-mailing out of the blue, but after last night's performance, following on from the recent games I am incredibly frustrated by the goings on at Portman Road currently. I am unable to vent these frustrations at the ground currently so felt best to contact you to ensure that those inside the club knew how the fans feel at the moment.

Following on from two seasons which have been a total failure, there was a trepidation with which this season has been approached. I personally felt that after the 11th place finish there should have been a change in the management team, but respected that Marcus Evans made the decision to allow the manager to have another go this season. There had been issues with over rotation and changing shape and style on a weekly basis that were seemingly addressed by Mr Evans and Mr Lambert in the extended break and many were led to believe that this would help matters and the initial signs were good.

Over the first few games of the season there were some signs that what had been worked on was coming to fruition, but there was still the nagging doubt that when we played anyone expecting to challenge we would struggle. Since the confidence sapping defeat at Doncaster this is exactly what has happened, we have won 3 home games since then without putting in a dominant performance, but have generally looked poor - there are some excuses to be made with the amount of injuries but it is still an experienced team who look totally flat and disorganised on a weekly basis and after 2 years, and 2 major failures frankly it isn't good enough.

I find Mr Lambert's conduct with the media to be not befitting of the history and tradition of the club - I thought the comments after the Lincoln game were disgraceful, especially with regards to excusing the horror tackle made by Jon Nolan which could have broken an opponent's leg.

As you may be aware, I am a keen supporter of the youth sides at Ipswich Town and invest a lot of time trying to educate and inform the fan base about them - the academy is the heartbeat of the club and staffed with some great people. When I hear comments in recent weeks about players like Brett McGavin, who was seemingly criticised just so that Mr Lambert could have a needlessly dismissive and snarky criticism of Brennar Woolley was hugely unfair. Last night there is talk about the young players needing to realise it is a 'job not a hobby', when without pointing fingers it is the senior players who seem to underperform.

I know the club does follow social media, but that it also may not be the bellwether that people think it can be, but it doesn't take much searching to see what the views are of the current management team and it doesn't feel just reactionary. The fans have tried to give the benefit of the doubt and a chance this season but it is clear that it is not working.

Ultimately the manager is failing on the pitch, even if the league table looks ok at the moment, and not being a good representative for the club to the media. Please remember that the media is the only voice for the fans at the moment, and by treating them poorly he is doing so, by extension, to the fan base

I appreciate you won't be able to be drawn into a position on this, and wouldn't expect you to comment on anything I've said - but I just wanted to make sure that those at the very top of the club are aware of some of the fans frustrations.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Contact the club on 12:51 - Nov 25 with 879 viewsDyland

Email sent.

Dear Liz,

Sincerely,

Nice one Jerseys.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Contact the club on 12:52 - Nov 25 with 867 viewsMrTown

Contact the club on 12:49 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

Ditto

Dear xxx

Apologies for e-mailing out of the blue, but after last night's performance, following on from the recent games I am incredibly frustrated by the goings on at Portman Road currently. I am unable to vent these frustrations at the ground currently so felt best to contact you to ensure that those inside the club knew how the fans feel at the moment.

Following on from two seasons which have been a total failure, there was a trepidation with which this season has been approached. I personally felt that after the 11th place finish there should have been a change in the management team, but respected that Marcus Evans made the decision to allow the manager to have another go this season. There had been issues with over rotation and changing shape and style on a weekly basis that were seemingly addressed by Mr Evans and Mr Lambert in the extended break and many were led to believe that this would help matters and the initial signs were good.

Over the first few games of the season there were some signs that what had been worked on was coming to fruition, but there was still the nagging doubt that when we played anyone expecting to challenge we would struggle. Since the confidence sapping defeat at Doncaster this is exactly what has happened, we have won 3 home games since then without putting in a dominant performance, but have generally looked poor - there are some excuses to be made with the amount of injuries but it is still an experienced team who look totally flat and disorganised on a weekly basis and after 2 years, and 2 major failures frankly it isn't good enough.

I find Mr Lambert's conduct with the media to be not befitting of the history and tradition of the club - I thought the comments after the Lincoln game were disgraceful, especially with regards to excusing the horror tackle made by Jon Nolan which could have broken an opponent's leg.

As you may be aware, I am a keen supporter of the youth sides at Ipswich Town and invest a lot of time trying to educate and inform the fan base about them - the academy is the heartbeat of the club and staffed with some great people. When I hear comments in recent weeks about players like Brett McGavin, who was seemingly criticised just so that Mr Lambert could have a needlessly dismissive and snarky criticism of Brennar Woolley was hugely unfair. Last night there is talk about the young players needing to realise it is a 'job not a hobby', when without pointing fingers it is the senior players who seem to underperform.

I know the club does follow social media, but that it also may not be the bellwether that people think it can be, but it doesn't take much searching to see what the views are of the current management team and it doesn't feel just reactionary. The fans have tried to give the benefit of the doubt and a chance this season but it is clear that it is not working.

Ultimately the manager is failing on the pitch, even if the league table looks ok at the moment, and not being a good representative for the club to the media. Please remember that the media is the only voice for the fans at the moment, and by treating them poorly he is doing so, by extension, to the fan base

I appreciate you won't be able to be drawn into a position on this, and wouldn't expect you to comment on anything I've said - but I just wanted to make sure that those at the very top of the club are aware of some of the fans frustrations.

I feel like I've got this one wrong.

9.52am -Subject Title: Lambert Out

12.42pm - Subejct Title : Club Statement : Paul Lambert - Announce Lambert Out

Thought we were keeping it short and sweet, straight to the point approach.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Contact the club on 12:53 - Nov 25 with 860 viewsDyland

Ditto

Dear xxx

superb, nice one Joe

Contact the club on 12:57 - Nov 25 with 833 viewsMetal_Hacker

Contact the club on 12:53 - Nov 25 by Dyland

superb, nice one Joe

More the merrier as far as I'm concerned

We need a voice

Poll: If it were one or the other

Contact the club on 13:01 - Nov 25 with 814 viewsgordon

Contact the club on 10:30 - Nov 25 by stopmoaning

I e-mailed jim.magilton@itfc.co.uk years ago when he was manager just saying Bring Pablo back! And got a reply from someone there, and he did infact bring Pablo back.

yeah, pretty sure I emailed marcus.evans@itfc.co.uk many years ago telling him to hire that suave chap at Exeter with the nice hat as manager, and got a response.

Thinking about it, I actually sent it to that Simon Clegg fellow, who responded a while later to explain that Roy Keane was a great fit for the club (all details may be incorrect).
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 13:03]
Contact the club on 13:11 - Nov 25 with 785 viewsWarkystache

Email sent.

Dear Liz,

Sincerely,

Dear Liz

I watched the game last night on Ifollow. Later, in bed, I had a strange dream about rambling naked in the Lake District with a ITFC wooly glove covering my genitals. I put that down to the drink, because when I woke up this morning, I had not only pissed the bed, but had also developed 'restless leg syndrome'. But then I thought it may be delayed post-traumatic stress disorder from the game.
Especially the bits where Alan Judge touched the ball.

I've been a season ticket holder long enough to have sampled the misery and dearth of joy that watching ITFC can bring. Most people were indignant when they banned supporters from attending back in March. I saw it as a blessing. However, recent performances have been so bad, it's made me pine for Paul Hurst.

Please, for the love of our club, give Marcus Evans a good slap and tell him to sack that useless Scottish turd he has managing the team. For my continued sanity if not for anything else. Players jogging about, passing straight to the opposition and generally looking unfit and disinclined does not a promotion contender make. Please tell Mr Evans to engage a replacement who doesn't come 'highly recommended' by 'Arry Redknapp, hasn't achieved a distant promotion with one team before and who preferably isn't hoping for one last payday before he retires. Oh and a bad workman always blames his injury list. Or deludes himself that everything's fine.

Please also ask him to open his wallet now and then. A bit of quality might be helpful.

Thanks
Warky

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Contact the club on 13:44 - Nov 25 with 740 viewsAce_High1

Contact the club on 13:11 - Nov 25 by Warkystache

Dear Liz

I watched the game last night on Ifollow. Later, in bed, I had a strange dream about rambling naked in the Lake District with a ITFC wooly glove covering my genitals. I put that down to the drink, because when I woke up this morning, I had not only pissed the bed, but had also developed 'restless leg syndrome'. But then I thought it may be delayed post-traumatic stress disorder from the game.
Especially the bits where Alan Judge touched the ball.

I've been a season ticket holder long enough to have sampled the misery and dearth of joy that watching ITFC can bring. Most people were indignant when they banned supporters from attending back in March. I saw it as a blessing. However, recent performances have been so bad, it's made me pine for Paul Hurst.

Please, for the love of our club, give Marcus Evans a good slap and tell him to sack that useless Scottish turd he has managing the team. For my continued sanity if not for anything else. Players jogging about, passing straight to the opposition and generally looking unfit and disinclined does not a promotion contender make. Please tell Mr Evans to engage a replacement who doesn't come 'highly recommended' by 'Arry Redknapp, hasn't achieved a distant promotion with one team before and who preferably isn't hoping for one last payday before he retires. Oh and a bad workman always blames his injury list. Or deludes himself that everything's fine.

Please also ask him to open his wallet now and then. A bit of quality might be helpful.

Thanks
Warky

Fantastic, just need to see Tel's letter now, he has no excuse with all his free time?
everyone do this (n/t) on 13:54 - Nov 25 with 722 viewsDyland

everyone do this (n/t) on 14:00 - Nov 25 with 711 viewsMetal_Hacker

everyone do this (n/t) on 13:54 - Nov 25 by Dyland

Not sure if address is correct or not but the email address has just had a very short and polite email

everyone do this (n/t) on 14:05 - Nov 25 with 692 viewsclive_baker

everyone do this (n/t) on 14:00 - Nov 25 by Metal_Hacker

Not sure if address is correct or not but the email address has just had a very short and polite email

Should be, but let me know if you get a bounce back.

Wouldn't imagine you'll get a reply mind you.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Contact the club on 16:28 - Nov 25 with 858 viewsHerbivore

I sent a longer email to ME, mainly for catharsis as I can't imagine for a second that he's going to read it.

Contact the club on 16:31 - Nov 25 with 846 viewsMetal_Hacker

Contact the club on 16:28 - Nov 25 by Herbivore

I sent a longer email to ME, mainly for catharsis as I can't imagine for a second that he's going to read it.

I should imagine he'd have some young blonde opening ....the email

Contact the club on 16:50 - Nov 25 with 814 viewsBlueBadger

Contact the club on 09:23 - Nov 25 by TieDyedIn95

A bit like when we hounded out Magic and Mick McCarthy then? As bad as Lambert is, it's not going to change a jot until Evans is gone anyway.

We keep going through this routine with blaming the managers, they get sacked after pretty much achieving the standard our budget and team allows, Evans then appointing someone, overhype, then they also do as about expected with the team/budget, must be the managers fault and it goes around in circles.

Until the support challenges Evans, his strategy and decisions that turned up from a midddle-top end Championship side to a mid-table League One side and starts making his life difficult and dragging his name through the mud like we do our managers nothing will ever change.

You can't replace the steering wheel in a car with a busted engine and expect the driver to make it move.

Thing is, Lambert has been backed and indulged by the owner to a degree not seen since Roy Keane.

Sure it's ultimately Evans' fault that we're in the third division but it's Lambert's that we're looking ever more likely to stay here.

Or worse.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Contact the club on 16:55 - Nov 25 with 811 viewsDouble_Dutch

Ditto

Dear xxx

At present, this approach is the only way for fans to register their concerns and displeasure at the way things are developing on the pitch and, the direction the season appears to be heading.

I would like to see a coordinated effort from the fan base as a whole, if possible, something similar to Joe's email, that we could all stand behind and put our names too. It would be good if we could emphasise that this one voice spans many decades of support for the club, through both good and bad times.

Perhaps also to include whether the fan currently holds a season ticket, recently cancelled, has no intention of renewing for future seasons, or returning as a paying customer to PR whilst PL remains as our manager.

If this invite to all Town fans could encompass all forms of social media for maximum impact, that would be good and, I'm sure that Phil would not be against an increase in traffic to the forum!.

The final invite, should surely be to the daughter of Marcus Evans, who is apparently from this site, a massive Town fan, to put her name to the letter.

I appreciate, that this would require some effort, however, with the skills that members of this forum possess, this is surely not beyond us!
The most realistic "solution"..... on 17:07 - Nov 25 with 790 viewsDouble_Dutch

The most realistic "solution"..... on 09:30 - Nov 25 by Bloots

....would be to put together a brief, but sensible statement explaining clearly how we as a group feel.

Nothing abusive, nothing long winded.

If we get enough fans onside we can ensure that exactly the same message is put out there.

Emails, message boards, twitter, facebook, podcasts (a letter from Factual Blue)....every channel possible.

One clear message we can flood every route possible with.

Emails, message boards, twitter, facebook, podcasts (a letter from Factual Blue)....every channel possible.

For clarity, did you mean, (a letter penned with a quill from Factual Blue)?
Possibly a telegram. (n/t) on 17:10 - Nov 25 with 776 viewsBloots

The most realistic "solution"..... on 17:07 - Nov 25 by Double_Dutch

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

The most realistic "solution"..... on 17:12 - Nov 25 with 771 viewsSwailsey

The most realistic "solution"..... on 17:07 - Nov 25 by Double_Dutch

Would Blue Action consider this do you think? Or is that not really appropriate?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024