Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fingers crossed for Tier 1... 09:22 - Nov 26 with 918 viewsitfcjoe

..... “the vast majority” of areas previously in Tier 1 will be upgraded to Tier 2, with only some rural parts of eastern England, Cornwall and Cumbria getting away with the lightest restrictions

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 09:26 - Nov 26 with 877 viewshype313

Think Hadleigh's recent outbreak has put pay to us going into Tier 1

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I was looking at the infection rate.... on 09:27 - Nov 26 with 881 viewsBloots

....a couple of days ago.

Pretty sure the last 7 day average data released shows Ipswich itself rising at 44%.

Albeit from a lowpoint in terms of numbers, but from what I gather they are taking the rate of increase/decrease as a more relevant indicator than the actual numbers.

Tier 2 is beckoning, but not in the way we'd like.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 09:46 - Nov 26 with 839 viewsSteve_M

Some data in the thread here, I think London is going to be Tier 2 because boroughs in the east are high and rising:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 09:49 - Nov 26 with 827 viewsStokieBlue

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 09:46 - Nov 26 by Steve_M

Some data in the thread here, I think London is going to be Tier 2 because boroughs in the east are high and rising:

I pretty much expect most of the country to be tier 2, London almost certainly.

Listened to Damian Green on Radio 4 this morning and he wanted tiering by boroughs which seems far too complicated to me. People would be crossing tiers all over the place.

SB
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 9:49]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 09:52 - Nov 26 with 805 viewsFtnfwest

quite a bit of scotland still on the increase as well
Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 09:52 - Nov 26 with 808 viewswkj

No fingers crossed for anything, its all just a fiasco to dress up how far from in control of the situation the government are.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:04 - Nov 26 with 775 viewsBlueBadger

It's felt a bit better 'on the ground' this week at [redacted] but I don't tend to pay attention to any numbers of cases other than what I'm directly dealing with.

We actually had more than one ITU bed available over my nights shifts this week, for starters.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:05 - Nov 26 with 766 viewshomer_123

Damian Greene calling for Kent to allow different Tiering on a per per borough basis......on R4 this morning.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/mps-plea-for-district-tier-system-2379

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:06 - Nov 26 with 757 viewshomer_123

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:04 - Nov 26 by BlueBadger

It's felt a bit better 'on the ground' this week at [redacted] but I don't tend to pay attention to any numbers of cases other than what I'm directly dealing with.

We actually had more than one ITU bed available over my nights shifts this week, for starters.

Liverpool's numbers have dropped dramatically.

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:07 - Nov 26 with 748 viewsBlueBadger

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:06 - Nov 26 by homer_123

I don't tend to look at numbers any more, because there's always a natural 'lag' behind what the number of cases is doing compared to what's going on in hospitals.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:08 - Nov 26 with 742 viewshomer_123

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:07 - Nov 26 by BlueBadger

I don't tend to look at numbers any more, because there's always a natural 'lag' behind what the number of cases is doing compared to what's going on in hospitals.

Prison rate cases of Covid are sky rocketing.

Indeed re. the lag. Though they have gone from over 700 cases per 100,000 to around 70......

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:08 - Nov 26 with 740 viewsStokieBlue

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:06 - Nov 26 by homer_123

As they should given tier 3 and the a lockdown.

I guess the worry would be an easing to tier 1 and then a quick rise again before the Xmas free-for-all.

The mayor of Liverpool was on the radio this morning saying that he felt Liverpool should probably be tier 1.

Interesting Germany are having none of it and have extended their "lockdown light" which seems to be essentially tier 3 until 20th December.

SB
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 10:09]

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:10 - Nov 26 with 727 viewshomer_123

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:08 - Nov 26 by StokieBlue

As they should given tier 3 and the a lockdown.

I guess the worry would be an easing to tier 1 and then a quick rise again before the Xmas free-for-all.

The mayor of Liverpool was on the radio this morning saying that he felt Liverpool should probably be tier 1.

Interesting Germany are having none of it and have extended their "lockdown light" which seems to be essentially tier 3 until 20th December.

SB
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 10:09]

I think he stated they should be Tier 1 if you took away the asymptomatic test results though?

And Merkel wants Ski Resorts to stay shut...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55081476
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 10:10]

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:12 - Nov 26 with 718 viewsfactual_blue

Rural Suffolk - tier one. Ipswich - tier two.

Absolutely def info.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:16 - Nov 26 with 704 viewsStokieBlue

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:10 - Nov 26 by homer_123

I think he stated they should be Tier 1 if you took away the asymptomatic test results though?

And Merkel wants Ski Resorts to stay shut...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55081476
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 10:10]

Why would you take away asymptomatic results? That makes no sense given those people are still contagious.

Obviously I understand why he would like tier 1 if possible but it doesn't seem particularly sensible, it'll be tier 2 for Liverpool.

Merkel is probably right isn't she? The ski resorts were basically the first mass vectors of spread. Lots of people from all over Europe spending a lot of time indoors isn't a great idea.

SB

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:16 - Nov 26 with 705 viewshype313

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:12 - Nov 26 by factual_blue

Rural Suffolk - tier one. Ipswich - tier two.

Absolutely def info.

Everyone will just descend on Ixworth, or will you all be standing at the entrance with pitch forks?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:29 - Nov 26 with 659 viewshomer_123

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:16 - Nov 26 by StokieBlue

Why would you take away asymptomatic results? That makes no sense given those people are still contagious.

Obviously I understand why he would like tier 1 if possible but it doesn't seem particularly sensible, it'll be tier 2 for Liverpool.

Merkel is probably right isn't she? The ski resorts were basically the first mass vectors of spread. Lots of people from all over Europe spending a lot of time indoors isn't a great idea.

SB

That's literally what Joe Anderson said this morning on R4. Madness I know!

And yes, Merkel is right.....as usual.

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:33 - Nov 26 with 643 viewsm14_blue

Where is that quote from Joe?

I thought they were reluctant to do anything more localised than at county level, although there may be some exceptions.

Debate up here is whether Cumbria is in 2 or 3 (high cases in Carlisle), barely anyone is expecting 1.
Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:35 - Nov 26 with 636 viewsEastTownBlue

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:16 - Nov 26 by hype313

Everyone will just descend on Ixworth, or will you all be standing at the entrance with pitch forks?

I believe that is reserved for their MP.
Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:48 - Nov 26 with 604 viewsSaleAway

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:16 - Nov 26 by StokieBlue

SB

The reason being - that it skews the figures compared to every other district.

Because liverpool has the lateral flow tests, which anyone can walk up and have, they will obviously have higher measured rates ( test more, know more)...

Essentially, if they have 100 cases per 100,000 including lateral flow tests, but if you took them out and it was 70, then the argument is that they should go into the same tier as another region with 70, as its likely their actual community rates will be the same

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:53 - Nov 26 with 589 viewsfactual_blue

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:16 - Nov 26 by hype313

You've spelt 'with Browning Machine Guns' wrongly.

And here's our Spigot mortar

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 11:13 - Nov 26 with 540 viewsJ2BLUE

Sky listed the lowest 10 areas in the country the other day and west, central and east Suffolk were all listed.

With that said, I wouldn't mind tier 2. We are nearing the end of this nightmare and if we can drive cases down a little more before Christmas then it would be good.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 11:15 - Nov 26 with 527 viewsclive_baker

I knew this lockdown was going to end in tiers

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 11:31 - Nov 26 with 497 viewsStokieBlue

Fingers crossed for Tier 1... on 10:48 - Nov 26 by SaleAway

The reason being - that it skews the figures compared to every other district.

Because liverpool has the lateral flow tests, which anyone can walk up and have, they will obviously have higher measured rates ( test more, know more)...

Essentially, if they have 100 cases per 100,000 including lateral flow tests, but if you took them out and it was 70, then the argument is that they should go into the same tier as another region with 70, as its likely their actual community rates will be the same

That's not a good argument though.

A better argument would be that testing in Liverpool has proven we are missing loads of asymptomatic cases which will spread the infection and thus everyone should probably be bumped up a tier or at the very least there should be no tier 1 because their numbers aren't understating the reality of the situation.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024