Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next manager 14:19 - Nov 29 with 10041 viewsitfcjoe

Who do you appoint? With premise that it has to be realistic.

I’ve made feelings pretty clear on here with regards to those I’m Not averse too but if I had to go for one it would be

Danny Cowley

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Next manager on 14:56 - Nov 29 with 2009 viewsBeckets

Next manager on 14:41 - Nov 29 by tractorboy1978

Cowley.

Re Cook - I read somewhere (may have even been Phil) that Wigan are due compo from any club he joins as he was still under contract there.

Evans won’t pay out any compensation for a new manager so that would rule out people in work or if this is correct Cook either. Don’t forget he’s forked out compensation for Magilton and his staff, Keane and his staff, Hurst and his staff and then Lambert and his staff. All his own fault of course due to his woeful decision making. I see either the option of the Cowleys or some cobbled together in house appointment involving Dyer, Nash and Butcher. The biggest need I see is a quality coach.
Next manager on 14:59 - Nov 29 with 1998 viewswkj

Next manager on 14:56 - Nov 29 by Beckets

Evans won’t pay out any compensation for a new manager so that would rule out people in work or if this is correct Cook either. Don’t forget he’s forked out compensation for Magilton and his staff, Keane and his staff, Hurst and his staff and then Lambert and his staff. All his own fault of course due to his woeful decision making. I see either the option of the Cowleys or some cobbled together in house appointment involving Dyer, Nash and Butcher. The biggest need I see is a quality coach.

We have to do more to protect our players. That is one thing that Hurst was absolutely correct about is his commitment to fitness and sports science - shame the rest of him was like a teenager playing Football Manager.

So the coaching situation must be as heavily scrutinised as the manager, i agree
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 15:00]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Next manager on 15:00 - Nov 29 with 1996 viewsgazzer1999

Next manager on 14:56 - Nov 29 by Beckets

You are quite correct, however a quality coach is few and far between, most want to become a manager. Even GB had to get coaches in after Dale sadly passed away.
Next manager on 15:00 - Nov 29 with 1995 viewsIpswichKnight

Next manager on 14:51 - Nov 29 by gazzer1999

Working alongside GB would be perfect, General and Team manager. And KD comes from Ipswich what more do we want?

Why would Keiron need or want GB as some kind of line manager? He has more coaching badges tha GB has more relevant coaching experience than GB and has coached a lot of the team already. If we want a relevant Director/GM then we should be looking at Jason De Vos who is running Canadian football currently.
Next manager on 15:03 - Nov 29 with 1976 viewsitfcjoe

Next manager on 15:00 - Nov 29 by gazzer1999

You are quite correct, however a quality coach is few and far between, most want to become a manager. Even GB had to get coaches in after Dale sadly passed away.

Burley always bought coaches in to help out for seasons at a time - Hamilton, Houston, Gorman, etc

A good sign that he can see areas of weakness and doesn’t have the ego to think he can do it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Next manager on 15:05 - Nov 29 with 1957 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Next manager on 15:00 - Nov 29 by IpswichKnight

Why would Keiron need or want GB as some kind of line manager? He has more coaching badges tha GB has more relevant coaching experience than GB and has coached a lot of the team already. If we want a relevant Director/GM then we should be looking at Jason De Vos who is running Canadian football currently.

I suspect KD has a lot of respect for GB.

Also, KD may have more coaching badges, but GB has more Premier League manager of the year awards...
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 15:05]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Next manager on 15:05 - Nov 29 with 1951 viewsgazzer1999

Next manager on 15:00 - Nov 29 by IpswichKnight

I will excuse you for your lack of knowledge regarding GB but he has managed quite a few teams and been national team manger of Scotland as well. badges really count for nothing as do most qualifications it's what you have and can do that matters. KD is an unknown quality at the moment, I hope he can go on to be a great manager especially here at ITFC, just think a little help from GB would be good for him.
Next manager on 15:08 - Nov 29 with 1924 viewsBlue_Order

Cowley would do for me.
Login to get fewer ads

Next manager on 15:09 - Nov 29 with 1916 viewswkj

Next manager on 15:08 - Nov 29 by Blue_Order

Cowley would do for me.

How are your team holding out BO? This weekend has been crazy for lack of a better word.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Next manager on 15:17 - Nov 29 with 1883 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Luke Chambers, with Skuse as his assistant.
Flynn from Newport County on 15:19 - Nov 29 with 1872 viewsdavblue

He’s done a good job there over the last 3 or 4 years I’m not 100% sure he would be a sure fire hit. But he’s over achieved at Newport in his time there.
Flynn from Newport County on 15:24 - Nov 29 with 1852 viewsDubtractor

Flynn from Newport County on 15:19 - Nov 29 by davblue

He’s done a good job there over the last 3 or 4 years I’m not 100% sure he would be a sure fire hit. But he’s over achieved at Newport in his time there.

I was at Wembley for the PO final where Tranmere beat them - to say they played direct football was an understatement!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Next manager on 15:27 - Nov 29 with 1833 viewsIllinoisblue

Next manager on 14:49 - Nov 29 by wkj

Just looking at the analytics of some twitter stuff and she engaged with a simon milton retweet/quote I did about the situation. It was just a like, but it is a sign of significant visability
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 14:51]

Prominent Man Utd writer (ESPN, GQ, etc) Andy Mitten also offered support

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Flynn from Newport County on 15:29 - Nov 29 with 1823 viewsdavblue

Flynn from Newport County on 15:24 - Nov 29 by Dubtractor

I was at Wembley for the PO final where Tranmere beat them - to say they played direct football was an understatement!

They have been but that’s not being held against the Cowley’s now.

They are also playing more football now and have changed their style of play this year.
Next manager on 15:32 - Nov 29 with 1814 viewsKeaneish

No Scowsers, Scots or Yorkshireman, time Towen had a continental manager and adopt the “if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em mentality”. Hannes Wolf is unemployed. Managed Borusia Dortmund II, promoted Stuttgart and nearly promoted Hamburg. Sacked by Genk recently.

I’d find Danny Cowley or any manager of that ilk a bit depressing.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Next manager on 15:34 - Nov 29 with 1798 viewswoiii

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Snoei
Next manager on 15:50 - Nov 29 with 1763 viewshype313

Cowley, without question.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Next manager on 15:52 - Nov 29 with 1752 viewsstopmoaning

Burley til the end of the season, see how it goes.
Next manager on 15:52 - Nov 29 with 1751 viewsrugbytomc

I can’t really argue with cowley or cook. But my preference would be Michael Appleton from Lincoln. You could argue he took over from the cowleys and has made Lincoln even better. Top 5 now playing decent football. If he could get us playing the same way and we kept the likes of bishop, Edwards and one from Norwood and Jackson fit you’d like to think we could do better than his current team

Blog: We Should Encourage the Club and the League to Stream All Games

Next manager on 15:55 - Nov 29 with 1739 viewsBlue_Order

Next manager on 15:09 - Nov 29 by wkj

How are your team holding out BO? This weekend has been crazy for lack of a better word.

Haha yeah it’s been a bit mad.

We’re fine mate, thanks - we’re all just as fed up as everyone else. Think we’ve got to the point now where we feel somewhat of a responsibility to play our part in trying to help bring change, even if it means upsetting a few people along the way & closing more doors for ourselves at the club.

I just hope this is finally the time the whole fanbase stands together so we actually can make a difference. Seeing the reaction and support for Phil gives me some hope at least.
Next manager on 15:55 - Nov 29 with 1739 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

Cowley for me too.
Next manager on 16:06 - Nov 29 with 1714 viewsOldsmoker

Evans only hires rubbish.

That can only mean.....

....Alan Pardew.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Next manager on 16:08 - Nov 29 with 1710 viewsCoco

Think it has to be Dyer with an experienced head alongside him. He has the contacts and with unite a broken club.

Paul Cook is my favoured outsider but i do believe we need someone who understands what is broken right now.

Experience is overrated sometimes in football as with us it usually mean stuck in their ways and over the hill. Charlton rattled through experienced managers before finding relative success with Bowyer. Many successful appointments have had zero management experience before someone gave them experience - even at the top with clubs like Barca and Juve.

It’s pot luck tbh and usually it’s just about the one man being the right fit.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Next manager on 17:04 - Nov 29 with 1642 viewswoiii

Mike Snoei prefers playing 4-3-3

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mike-snoei/profil/trainer/497
Next manager on 17:08 - Nov 29 with 1637 viewsdominiciawful

Gary Megson

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024