Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lamberts going nowhere. 17:54 - Dec 3 with 2335 viewsitfcjoe

Not what we want to hear, but we’ve got a lot further to fall before Evans even considers swinging the axe from what I gather

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lamberts going nowhere. on 17:58 - Dec 3 with 1724 viewsTractorTom29

Got a bit of inside info Joe?
Lamberts going nowhere. on 17:59 - Dec 3 with 1722 viewsBluefish

Incredible stuff but must imply that the conditions are not being activated for a break. Presumably either time related or league place. Surely he could've pulled the plug at the end of last season. The 5 year contract will go down as the biggest mistake in our history

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lamberts going nowhere. on 17:59 - Dec 3 with 1719 viewsMattinLondon

And by then all that will be available will be another has-been on the managerial merry go round.
Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:05 - Dec 3 with 1669 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lamberts going nowhere. on 17:58 - Dec 3 by TractorTom29

Got a bit of inside info Joe?

Possibly, knowing Joe's track record. Although also common sense - there's no way ME is going to sack a manager when we're in a PO spot. The most hasty he's been was to sack Magilton after finishing 9th in the Championship. Since then he's stood by managers who've finished mid-table in the Championship and L1 last year, and only pulled the plug on them when they've dropped into the relegations spots (or the relationship in the ground turned really toxic in Mick's case).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:08 - Dec 3 with 1644 viewsLankHenners

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:05 - Dec 3 by Swansea_Blue

Possibly, knowing Joe's track record. Although also common sense - there's no way ME is going to sack a manager when we're in a PO spot. The most hasty he's been was to sack Magilton after finishing 9th in the Championship. Since then he's stood by managers who've finished mid-table in the Championship and L1 last year, and only pulled the plug on them when they've dropped into the relegations spots (or the relationship in the ground turned really toxic in Mick's case).

Stuart Watson on the latest Kings of Anglia podcast didn't seem to think Evans was close to considering getting rid either - Evans apparently agrees with Lambert that the injury situation is the main reason for poor performances.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:15 - Dec 3 with 1573 viewsdavblue

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:08 - Dec 3 by LankHenners

Stuart Watson on the latest Kings of Anglia podcast didn't seem to think Evans was close to considering getting rid either - Evans apparently agrees with Lambert that the injury situation is the main reason for poor performances.

Very, very deluded in that case.
Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:16 - Dec 3 with 1565 viewsMattinLondon

There always seems to be an excuse for Lambert to hide behind.
Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:16 - Dec 3 with 1565 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Not surprising but disappointing.
Must be to do with trigger points and affordability.
Surely Evans is able to look at the last 42 or so games and not just this season.

Need to force his hand somehow before too late.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Login to get fewer ads

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:18 - Dec 3 with 1538 viewsHerbivore

The club has lost its head.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:20 - Dec 3 with 1530 viewsfooters

Let's all get cosy in our new League One home, chaps.

Once again, it's sh1t or bust time for Evans and he's refusing to act. This is our only opportunity to exploit a competitive advantage and we're not taking it. Classic Ipswich.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:21 - Dec 3 with 1524 viewsDennyx4

Lamberts going nowhere. on 17:59 - Dec 3 by Bluefish

Incredible stuff but must imply that the conditions are not being activated for a break. Presumably either time related or league place. Surely he could've pulled the plug at the end of last season. The 5 year contract will go down as the biggest mistake in our history

The 5 year contract is the biggest mistake Evans has made, and he has made some absolute howlers.

The clauses probably relate to end of season positions if there are any clauses at all. Lambert has done Evans up like a kipper. As the last season didnt finish, we are stuck with him.

I do think with some of the recent team selections, that Lambert is trying to get sacked - might be me being paranoid, but certainly doesn't feel like he even wants to win.

We are sleep walking to mid-table, and Evans either can't see it or doesn't want to.

That Blue Action banner was absolutely spot on.

Tick Tock Marcus....
Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:22 - Dec 3 with 1503 viewsSwansea_Blue

Even without all the injuries I suspect he wouldn't act as long as we're in a reasonable position in the table. He's very cautious and always gives managers (too much!) time. He must be wondering if we're starting to see a repeat of last year though - the rest of us certainly are.

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:25 - Dec 3 with 1504 viewsLockdownleonard

The worst thing you can possibly do in this situation, is to fill in the detail with guesswork based on third hand info.
This kind of speculation, particularly where there is a suggestion of inside information will only result in a widening of the relationship and thinking between owner and fans.
People really ought to think before they commit to adding to the woes of this situation.
Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:25 - Dec 3 with 1485 viewsfooters

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:21 - Dec 3 by Dennyx4

The 5 year contract is the biggest mistake Evans has made, and he has made some absolute howlers.

The clauses probably relate to end of season positions if there are any clauses at all. Lambert has done Evans up like a kipper. As the last season didnt finish, we are stuck with him.

I do think with some of the recent team selections, that Lambert is trying to get sacked - might be me being paranoid, but certainly doesn't feel like he even wants to win.

We are sleep walking to mid-table, and Evans either can't see it or doesn't want to.

That Blue Action banner was absolutely spot on.

Tick Tock Marcus....

Mid-table? How generous of you.

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:26 - Dec 3 with 1480 viewsfooters

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:25 - Dec 3 by Lockdownleonard

The worst thing you can possibly do in this situation, is to fill in the detail with guesswork based on third hand info.
This kind of speculation, particularly where there is a suggestion of inside information will only result in a widening of the relationship and thinking between owner and fans.
People really ought to think before they commit to adding to the woes of this situation.

I think you should go and read how to use commas and paragraphs properly instead of this boring troll act. But there we are.

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:27 - Dec 3 with 1468 viewsBlueBadger

In this case, an example of this would be making Ipswich Town FC's future worse by continuing to employ That Man on the basis of the third-hand information he's being fed by his minions that 'yes he's doing a good job'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I've only just noticed this character.... on 18:29 - Dec 3 with 1447 viewsBloots

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:26 - Dec 3 by footers

I think you should go and read how to use commas and paragraphs properly instead of this boring troll act. But there we are.

....he appears to be a bit of a turdbasket.

He'll be gone soon.

They either get bored with the act or everyone piles on and they get booted.

This one's not even funny or controversial, just a bit crap.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:29 - Dec 3 with 1432 viewsChrisd

You have to worry where we’ll end up before anything actually happens to PL. If ME is mugged off so easily is it any wonder why we are now a third rate club? Yes the injury situation hasn’t helped, but let’s not fool ourselves we’ve not been great for a long and sustained period even when the players have been fit. Look at our record against the top 8 sides, look at our stats in the final third, look at our stats for shots on goal, last 3 games 0 goals we’re a side that might be 5th, but it won’t be for too long. Our club leadership has ultimately got its head stuck firmly in the sand or it’s in complete denial. Is this a side that will finish top 6? Anyone with any footballing nous can see it won’t, top 10 will be fortunate. If that’s the height of our owner’s ambitions then that says it all, new broom needs to be swept starting with the clueless owner and then the incompetent manager both would be huge steps in the right direction.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:30 - Dec 3 with 1431 viewsLankHenners

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:22 - Dec 3 by Swansea_Blue

Even without all the injuries I suspect he wouldn't act as long as we're in a reasonable position in the table. He's very cautious and always gives managers (too much!) time. He must be wondering if we're starting to see a repeat of last year though - the rest of us certainly are.

Evans’ approach to decision making is to make one then hope it works out without thinking or acting much beyond that.

I agree, I fear the only time we’ll see Lambert gone is if we’re into February and cut adrift from the playoffs by several points. Then Evans will act and hope whichever out of work manager is available then can generate enough momentum to get back in there, which probably won’t work as the only one available will be Gary Megson.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:33 - Dec 3 with 1409 viewsjeera

Admin.

When do we lose this idiot please?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:35 - Dec 3 with 1390 viewsjeera

It's nothing new, it's not a surprise.

Evans seems to wait until the damage is done before pulling the trigger.

We'll be in all sorts of sh1t when he finally gets rid and then will wonder why everyone has got the hump again when it's too late to retrieve anything.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:36 - Dec 3 with 1375 viewsSpruceMoose

Poor effort. 0/10. If you can't be intelligent at least be funny.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:37 - Dec 3 with 1359 viewsSpruceMoose

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:33 - Dec 3 by jeera

Admin.

Already had a chat with admin about him. The assumption is that he'll get bored and move off eventually. He's inoffensive enough. Just dull.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:41 - Dec 3 with 1321 viewsJDB23

I’ve already given up hope on promotion this year, Lambert won’t go until it’s far too late to make any difference.

What a truly sad state of affairs.
Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:44 - Dec 3 with 1288 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lamberts going nowhere. on 18:33 - Dec 3 by jeera

Admin.

Noooooo! He's funny. Or 'she' of course (I reckon Ryorry could have been at the eggnog and has been arguing with herself again, but don't tell her I said that).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024