Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Trump did his about turn 10:15 - Jan 8 with 5120 viewsGeoffSentence

Listening to Times Radio, some chap talking about why Trump did his about turn from calling his supporters special and inciting them to march on the Capitol. Amongst all the standard reasons, republicans turning on him, threat of impeachment and 25th amendment, this fellow is reporting that Trump was shocked by the 'quality' of the people who stormed the Capitol in his name.

Sorry didn't catch the reporter's name or expertise so can't vouch for the veracity of this, but I love the idea that Trump is that much of a snob that he is turned off by his own supporters.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:27 - Jan 8 with 867 viewsmonytowbray

Why Trump did his about turn on 10:55 - Jan 8 by BlueBadger

As Guffers has pointed out, he's been happy to cosy up to them for the past five years.

Yeah but "Both Sides" and "Balance".

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:29 - Jan 8 with 859 viewsmonytowbray

Why Trump did his about turn on 11:01 - Jan 8 by bluelagos

All the pictures I've seen would indicate that the selfie takers far out numbered the more organised semi-paramilitary types that you highlight (Group 2rs).

Not condoning anyone, just suggesting that what we witnessed was a mob of flag carrying dickheads with yeah, a few hardcore dangerous nutters thrown in.

You ain't wrong.

The problem for me is this is how white terrorism is always presented in the media too. Can you imagine the same narrative around the Manchester Bomber? Terrorists are terrorists.

TWTD never forgets…

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:30 - Jan 8 with 858 viewsBlueBadger

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:27 - Jan 8 by monytowbray

Yeah but "Both Sides" and "Balance".

Funny you should say that, just as I read this:

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/media/more-virulent-strain-of-right-wing-cov

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:33 - Jan 8 with 855 viewsPendejo

Why Trump did his about turn on 11:15 - Jan 8 by bluelagos

But forgetting the on day preparedness or otherwise of the local police, the sitting houses seem remarkably unprotected compared to say the houses of parliament.

The steps up to the Capitol seemed to have 3 ft removable barrier to stop people. Contrast that to the gates at the end of Downing St.

HoP and Downing Street are different locations, however, external fencing is relatively similar...

Before assuming HoP are secure...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Westminster_attack#:~:text=Masood%2C%20wear

That's the carnage caused by one man, imagine the mob from the other day faced by the security Masood faced...

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2008/feb/27/climatechange.transport

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1219638/Greenpeace-activists-climb-Hous

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:33 - Jan 8 with 855 viewsGuthrum

Why Trump did his about turn on 11:03 - Jan 8 by lowhouseblue

has there been any more reporting on those who died non-violently? it seems a remarkably high mortality rate even given the demographics of trump supporters. there must be more to it than that. are morbidly obese people at risk form sudden death from tear gas? otherwise it is really very odd.

Nothing specific, but I suspect breathing difficulties from the tear gas, crush/trampling injuries, falling off things or heart attacks/strokes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:34 - Jan 8 with 855 viewsmonytowbray

Why Trump did his about turn on 11:09 - Jan 8 by lowhouseblue

though i guess you don't normally think: "presidential rally, right so we need get ready for them to storm the capitol".

You do think exactly that if you actually pay attention to the right wing and call them out, rather than saying nothing and spending most your day attacking the other side in the name of balance.

TWTD never forgets…

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:35 - Jan 8 with 853 viewsmonytowbray

Why Trump did his about turn on 11:15 - Jan 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

This is the first I've heard of it, which proves your point!

You're not following enough of the good news sources and journos Dolly!

I literally heard about it as it was happening via @MI6rogue on Twitter.

TWTD never forgets…

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:41 - Jan 8 with 843 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:35 - Jan 8 by monytowbray

You're not following enough of the good news sources and journos Dolly!

I literally heard about it as it was happening via @MI6rogue on Twitter.

I certainly don't use Twitter as a news source, no.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:42 - Jan 8 with 842 viewsmonytowbray

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:30 - Jan 8 by BlueBadger

Funny you should say that, just as I read this:

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/media/more-virulent-strain-of-right-wing-cov

The funniest thing is we have their enablers on this very forum. Who told everyone who warned about the growing dangers of an extreme right to stop being so reactionary. To listen and understand them more. To not simply call them racist when they were being racist. To allow their cognitive dissonance to go unchallenged in the media. To allow their simplistic soundbites scream louder than the much more complex reality. To not "cancel" them with WOKEness.

And those same people have gone VERY quiet for the most part.

I try not to think about myself much in the grand scheme of things but the sh1t I have taken off some of those enablers over the last 5 years means it might be a bit more personal now.

Hell, look at the grief I got just under a year ago for saying evidence suggests the government are letting political needs influence the science in our COVID response? Never got so much as an apology.

If 2020 gave us anything, it's this...

"The truth is not the midpoint between a fact and a lie."
- https://bylinetimes.com/2020/11/10/us-election-2020-the-power-of-populist-lies-a

I know it's a BBC-centric article, but by God it applies to the whole damn system.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 12:45]

TWTD never forgets…

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:43 - Jan 8 with 836 viewsjaykay

Why Trump did his about turn on 10:26 - Jan 8 by Herbivore

Trump has always been disgusted by the kind of blue collar folk who support him. It's one of the ironies of working class voters who vote for the likes of Trump and for the Tories over here. They are voting for people who despise them and who will be working against their interests.

trouble is that is the only thing the tories excell in, making the workers think they are the party for them. off the top of my head, i cant think of many things they have ever done for the workers. so they, very much in the trump mode.
only thing the u.s. have is all their media isn't controlled by the right wing

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:50 - Jan 8 with 820 viewsDanTheMan

Why Trump did his about turn on 11:21 - Jan 8 by bluelagos

So two pipe bombs were found outside the DNC and RNC offices. FBI have released a CCTV pic of a guy who is the suspect and have now offered $50k to any info that leads to his conviction. He has very distinctive footwear so sure the CCTV teams will be able to get better pics too if needed.

Genuine terrorist who will no doubt be given a long stretch once caught/convicted.

Could you imagine the furore if that Muslim extremist?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:50 - Jan 8 with 819 viewsSpruceMoose

Why Trump did his about turn on 10:54 - Jan 8 by bluelagos

I think the restraint of the police was quite admirable (once the mob was inside) - had they started shooting, and given the trigger happy way some of them have been proven to behave previously, it could have been carnage.

Instead they cleared the Capitol in a peaceful manner which ultimately defused a situation that could have seen significantly more people killed.

Edit: Though the lack of preparedness when compared to how the BLM protesters were policed is pretty appalling.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 10:57]

They couldn't shoot the terrorists. Half of them were cops or military on their day off.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:55 - Jan 8 with 813 viewsbluelagos

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:50 - Jan 8 by DanTheMan

It's a fair point - the genuine scary bits (Including them finding a parked lorry with guns and ammo I believe) seem to be getting lost in the fury at a mob of (mostly) pitch fork waving, selfie taking dickheads.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:58 - Jan 8 with 807 viewsmonytowbray

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:50 - Jan 8 by DanTheMan

They'd already have a list of countries to try and provoke a war with together by now.

TWTD never forgets…

Why Trump did his about turn on 13:05 - Jan 8 with 798 viewsfactual_blue

Why Trump did his about turn on 10:55 - Jan 8 by jacko77

Got to hand it to the orange one,he certainly knows how to deliver a speech! Old sleepy Joe could learn a thing or two from this.

trumpy-wumpy is a good egg.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why Trump did his about turn on 13:23 - Jan 8 with 791 viewsmonytowbray

Why Trump did his about turn on 13:05 - Jan 8 by factual_blue

trumpy-wumpy is a good egg.

The only good eggs are those that hatch.

Or the ones this seal is shouting about.

TWTD never forgets…

Why Trump did his about turn on 13:29 - Jan 8 with 779 viewsSteve_M

Why Trump did his about turn on 11:41 - Jan 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

"They could easily be members of staff as much as protesters." Not really sure what your point is here fella.

The prior conversion, not necessarily you, seemed to assume they were protesters. Just an observation they may not have been.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Why Trump did his about turn on 13:32 - Jan 8 with 774 viewsbluelagos

Why Trump did his about turn on 12:50 - Jan 8 by SpruceMoose

They couldn't shoot the terrorists. Half of them were cops or military on their day off.

And a handful of newly elected minor Republicans. One guy claimed he was there in a journalistic capacity :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Why Trump did his about turn on 13:36 - Jan 8 with 764 viewsmonytowbray

Why Trump did his about turn on 13:32 - Jan 8 by bluelagos

And a handful of newly elected minor Republicans. One guy claimed he was there in a journalistic capacity :-)

Blue Badger may be interested in more "problematic behaviour in metal music" news...

https://www.nme.com/news/music/iced-earth-singer-jon-schaffer-among-trump-suppor

I wonder if the neckbeard 4chan Incels will be screaming "KEEP POLITICS OUT OF MUSIC" about this whilst also being Nazi apologists?

TWTD never forgets…

Why Trump did his about turn on 14:23 - Jan 8 with 742 viewsSpruceMoose

Why Trump did his about turn on 11:03 - Jan 8 by lowhouseblue

has there been any more reporting on those who died non-violently? it seems a remarkably high mortality rate even given the demographics of trump supporters. there must be more to it than that. are morbidly obese people at risk form sudden death from tear gas? otherwise it is really very odd.

I obviously have no idea if this is verified. It's too tragically hilarious to not be fake I imagine.

[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 14:24]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Why Trump did his about turn on 14:28 - Jan 8 with 736 viewsmonytowbray

Why Trump did his about turn on 14:23 - Jan 8 by SpruceMoose

I obviously have no idea if this is verified. It's too tragically hilarious to not be fake I imagine.

[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 14:24]

Yeah it's legit...

Seems like a wonderful guy.

TWTD never forgets…

Why Trump did his about turn on 14:42 - Jan 8 with 727 viewsSpruceMoose

Why Trump did his about turn on 14:28 - Jan 8 by monytowbray

Yeah it's legit...

Seems like a wonderful guy.

What's that phrase Trump likes to use?

Oh yes.

It is what it is.

Why Trump did his about turn on 14:45 - Jan 8 with 722 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why Trump did his about turn on 10:54 - Jan 8 by Steve_M

There seem to be two types of people who broke in, one is as you describe simpletons who seemed a bit shocked to find themselves inside the Capitol, but the others were potentially more dangerous, ex-military, armed and prepared with things like cable ties.

See thread below:

The second lot will be those fascist ANTIFA types. Def info.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why Trump did his about turn on 14:49 - Jan 8 with 716 viewsjaykay

i think the german press were comparing the capitol storming by right wing bigots of trump to this.
reichstag in 1936

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Why Trump did his about turn on 14:53 - Jan 8 with 706 viewsFreddies_Ears

Why Trump did his about turn on 11:01 - Jan 8 by bluelagos

All the pictures I've seen would indicate that the selfie takers far out numbered the more organised semi-paramilitary types that you highlight (Group 2rs).

Not condoning anyone, just suggesting that what we witnessed was a mob of flag carrying dickheads with yeah, a few hardcore dangerous nutters thrown in.

Bit like the average football crowd then!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024