Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? 18:27 - Jan 11 with 3607 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 18:37 - Jan 11 with 2941 viewsOsborneOneNil

The second bit.
Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 18:40 - Jan 11 with 2920 viewsBlueBadger

'Bright and intelligent' and 'PE teacher' are rarely things you see put together.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 18:45 - Jan 11 with 2900 viewsBryanPlug

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 18:40 - Jan 11 by BlueBadger

'Bright and intelligent' and 'PE teacher' are rarely things you see put together.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 19:12 - Jan 11 with 2810 viewsstiff_talking

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 18:45 - Jan 11 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Puppet for the muppet

So doesn’t matter
Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 19:16 - Jan 11 with 2792 viewsjas0999

I don’t know him. Don’t need to to answer this question.

He’s yet another Evans yes man, employed to take the pressure off Evans. Make excuses for him.
Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 19:23 - Jan 11 with 2762 viewsFixed_It

Yeah - bright and intelligent - but employed to be a human shield for his boss.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 19:24 - Jan 11 with 2749 viewsKeno

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 19:23 - Jan 11 by Fixed_It

Yeah - bright and intelligent - but employed to be a human shield for his boss.

bright and intelligent for a PE teacher?

(hehe)

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 23:04 - Jan 11 with 2534 viewsScuzzer

My son was at school with him at Westbourne. Good guy. Bright enough. Think its wrong to give a polarised opinion of him like you have.

Established 1968

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 23:12 - Jan 11 with 2491 viewsCoco

I'm sure he is a lovely guy and bright enough but just not experienced enough to be driving a football club.

did some work with Clegg and he was a lovely guy just not experienced enough in football.
Milne - a lovel fella just not...

see the theme?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 23:51 - Jan 11 with 2399 viewsCoastalblue

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 23:12 - Jan 11 by Coco

I'm sure he is a lovely guy and bright enough but just not experienced enough to be driving a football club.

did some work with Clegg and he was a lovely guy just not experienced enough in football.
Milne - a lovel fella just not...

see the theme?

But O'Neill does have the football experience compared to the others? Not sure what people are expecting to see at a third division football club?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 00:05 - Jan 12 with 2371 viewsTieDyedIn95

I still can't believe Evans hired a PE teacher to run the club. I wasn't a huge fan of Milne but at least on paper he was qualified to be a managing director of a football club from a corporate sense .......... some of the absolute turd PE O'Neil come up with since being appointed has been absolutely baffling. Some of the excuses he's made for the failings would put the Tory cabinet to shame.

The human body wasn't designed to play football.

Madness.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 08:02 - Jan 12 with 2121 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 23:51 - Jan 11 by Coastalblue

But O'Neill does have the football experience compared to the others? Not sure what people are expecting to see at a third division football club?

A genuine question, as I don't have his CV, but what experience are you referring to exactly? His background, as far as I am aware, is sports based (physical performance/sports science/academy manager), but he is now General Manager of Football Operations at ITFC, so who has he worked with to pick up the necessary experience for that role?
Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 08:22 - Jan 12 with 2074 viewsWD19

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 08:02 - Jan 12 by FrankfurtBlue

A genuine question, as I don't have his CV, but what experience are you referring to exactly? His background, as far as I am aware, is sports based (physical performance/sports science/academy manager), but he is now General Manager of Football Operations at ITFC, so who has he worked with to pick up the necessary experience for that role?

https://www.linkedin.com/mwlite/in/lee-o-neill-7aa24869
Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 08:35 - Jan 12 with 2021 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 08:22 - Jan 12 by WD19

https://www.linkedin.com/mwlite/in/lee-o-neill-7aa24869

Thanks. So he has never worked as, or with, a General Manager of another football club?
Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 08:40 - Jan 12 with 1998 viewslongtimefan

Though that doesn’t seem to stop a lot of our fanbase wanting the Cowleys to replace Lambert!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 8:52]
Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 09:00 - Jan 12 with 1927 views26_Paz

I don’t know him but I’m sure he’s a good guy and bright / intelligent / hardworking etc.
But ...
The limitations of his role won’t allow him to show any of this. As others have pointed out he is merely cover, a smokescreen, a human shield to hide the limitations of Emperor Palpatine ...

The Paz Man

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 09:07 - Jan 12 with 1917 viewsitfcjoe

Well the fact he studied Sports Science at university before joing the academy as a part time Sports Scientist and then worked his way up to Academy Manager clearly shows he's bright and intelligent.

People give the academy a lot of credit, say it is the best thing about the club etc and he's managed that since EPPP came in with the realms of extra paperwork, credentials, activity logging, education etc.

Basically every Director of Football, or Head of Football Operations, or Technical Director, or whatever you want to call it comes from 1 of 2 backgrounds (excluding the old manager in a ceremonial position) and it is either:

- Scout to Head of Scouting to Head of Recrutiment to that role.

- Academy coach - to Head of Academy/Youth Development to that role.

Running an academy is a lot like running a football club, you have budgets to manage, recruitment to manage, staff to manage, and a million other things - it's basically a small football club.

Whatever feelings about how he is performing, and this stupid jibe about him being a PE teacher, he is clearly qualified for the job and has got into the position because he has had a good career at the football club and done relevant roles. He is the most qualified person on the payroll to do it, by a long shot.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 09:14 - Jan 12 with 1874 viewsdavblue

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 09:07 - Jan 12 by itfcjoe

Well the fact he studied Sports Science at university before joing the academy as a part time Sports Scientist and then worked his way up to Academy Manager clearly shows he's bright and intelligent.

People give the academy a lot of credit, say it is the best thing about the club etc and he's managed that since EPPP came in with the realms of extra paperwork, credentials, activity logging, education etc.

Basically every Director of Football, or Head of Football Operations, or Technical Director, or whatever you want to call it comes from 1 of 2 backgrounds (excluding the old manager in a ceremonial position) and it is either:

- Scout to Head of Scouting to Head of Recrutiment to that role.

- Academy coach - to Head of Academy/Youth Development to that role.

Running an academy is a lot like running a football club, you have budgets to manage, recruitment to manage, staff to manage, and a million other things - it's basically a small football club.

Whatever feelings about how he is performing, and this stupid jibe about him being a PE teacher, he is clearly qualified for the job and has got into the position because he has had a good career at the football club and done relevant roles. He is the most qualified person on the payroll to do it, by a long shot.

I don't see why people criticise him.
Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 09:17 - Jan 12 with 1860 viewsDanTheMan

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 09:14 - Jan 12 by davblue

I think people started criticising more forcefully when he came out backing Lambert again, trotting out very similar excuses that others had.

Then there was the absolute nonsense he said out about Phil as well.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 09:19 - Jan 12 with 1849 viewsitfcjoe

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 09:14 - Jan 12 by davblue

I can see why, he's an easy target and has to sometimes come out and defend the indefensible.

None of us really know how good he is at his job, to me it appears he is spread too thinly across too many areas - he still is the Academy Manager in all this at the moment.

But the PE teacher thing, and claiming he is underqualified or experienced is just demonstrably wrong.

If Danny Cowley got the job here would his past as a PE teacher be relevant, or his experience in football?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 09:22 - Jan 12 with 1830 viewsKeno

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 09:19 - Jan 12 by itfcjoe

I can see why, he's an easy target and has to sometimes come out and defend the indefensible.

None of us really know how good he is at his job, to me it appears he is spread too thinly across too many areas - he still is the Academy Manager in all this at the moment.

But the PE teacher thing, and claiming he is underqualified or experienced is just demonstrably wrong.

If Danny Cowley got the job here would his past as a PE teacher be relevant, or his experience in football?

To be honest he comes across a bit like ITFC's version of Matt Hancock

The PE teacher is really done to wind up Fixed it isnt it?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 09:33 - Jan 12 with 1782 viewsMonkeyAlan

He is just mouth piece. Nothing more. Evans you muppet.
Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 09:50 - Jan 12 with 1738 viewstextbackup

amazing how you speak down to people

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 09:55 - Jan 12 with 1720 viewsOlly

I think he's clearly too thinly spread across the club, and even in his role as a quasi Director of Football he doesn't even have the power to make decisions, as it's quite clear Evans is setting the goals for the manager and what style of play he wants (EADT have reported that was Evans latest eureka moment this summer).

Don't know if we really know how good he is, he's currently mired in the shambles that is Evans's running of the football side of this club.
Does anyone here know Lee O’Neill? on 10:00 - Jan 12 with 1699 viewsRadlett_blue

Lee O'Neill seems to have quite a broad remit, but the bottom line is that he is answerable to Evans & also answerable to Lambert in football matters. I have met Lee O'Neill at a club function & he seemed like an intelligent, articulate guy. However, the huge black mark against him is Town's awful record of injuries & fitness over the past few years. O'Neill is responsible for Town's sports science, which is where much of his experience lies.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024