Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers being honest enough. 17:43 - Jan 23 with 5693 viewsScuzzer

Certainly showing that it hurts more than Lambert.

Established 1968

WHAT THE FECK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? on 19:53 - Jan 23 with 720 viewsunstableblue

Imagine if he..... on 17:56 - Jan 23 by Bloots

....gave away a penalty or scored an own goal?!!?

Add that to his association with McCarthy and I expect you'd have him shot at dawn.

seriously

Yes Toto fecked up, he’s a liability, I’d start The Wolf every single time - feck you Lambert for not playing who I think is a brilliant player

Harsh on McGuiness he did OK today, it was unlucky

But I’m sorry - that was an absolutely woeful performance from the captain, you’re talking basic Micky mouse passing, and defending

I’m fuming at Lambert, but if you’re not calling out Chambo and his influence on his team today then you’ve lost it

PS - I like Chambo

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Chambers being honest enough. on 19:54 - Jan 23 with 713 viewsjas0999

Like his honesty but sadly Luke is nowhere near good enough.
Chambers being honest enough. on 19:58 - Jan 23 with 695 viewschrismakin

I really feel for Chambers

Captain for many years, the first involved in community events, helps out youngsters at the club, clearly would love to do something successful as a Town Captain, but has to lead out sides knowing full well it won't end well.

Yes he's not as good as he was, but he's also not the worst.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Chambers being honest enough. on 20:12 - Jan 23 with 655 viewsJimmy86

Chambers being honest enough. on 19:49 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

Where is the evidence that the players have given up?

Well according to the people who have definite info, the players can't stand Lambert and aren't playing for him, would you not suggest that is downing tools if that's the case?
Chambers being honest enough. on 20:14 - Jan 23 with 642 viewsJ4ck22

You would think that by now people would have learned not to get so riled up over meaningless press conferences. However, this thread proves otherwise.

What is Chambers meant to say here? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Are you having a stroke? (n/t) on 20:20 - Jan 23 with 616 viewsunstableblue

Are you having a stroke? (n/t) on 17:58 - Jan 23 by LankHenners

Starting to think his ‘I like Chambo’ comment wasn’t very sincere.

Genuine comment on liking and valuing Chambo, the poor feck was hung out to dry by Mick by playing him at right back against decent Championship wingers and getting rinsed every week. But he and Ward were a MASSIVE catalyst to any joy we had this season.

The 'stroke' reaction is that I am flabbegasted that anyone watching that game is no incensed about just how bad our captain played. We are talking basic passes and defending - he's our leader. If you can't call that out, then we have a problem.

I'm happy to slate the manager, but if key senior players can't complete a 5yd pass, then sorry they need to be called out.

Again, what is wrong with people.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Chambers being honest enough. on 20:22 - Jan 23 with 602 viewslazyblue

Chambers being honest enough. on 20:12 - Jan 23 by Jimmy86

Well according to the people who have definite info, the players can't stand Lambert and aren't playing for him, would you not suggest that is downing tools if that's the case?

But professional players will still play for personal pride, you can see it hurts them.
Chambers being honest enough. on 20:27 - Jan 23 with 590 viewsitfcjoe

No one has said they aren’t playing for him, we are hardly downing tools. We just have no goals in us

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Are you having a stroke? (n/t) on 20:29 - Jan 23 with 582 viewsitfcjoe

Are you having a stroke? (n/t) on 20:20 - Jan 23 by unstableblue

Genuine comment on liking and valuing Chambo, the poor feck was hung out to dry by Mick by playing him at right back against decent Championship wingers and getting rinsed every week. But he and Ward were a MASSIVE catalyst to any joy we had this season.

The 'stroke' reaction is that I am flabbegasted that anyone watching that game is no incensed about just how bad our captain played. We are talking basic passes and defending - he's our leader. If you can't call that out, then we have a problem.

I'm happy to slate the manager, but if key senior players can't complete a 5yd pass, then sorry they need to be called out.

Again, what is wrong with people.

No one has said he has played well, the first half he was dreadful and the second half he improved.

The focus is more on the 2 CBs, one of which have away a needless penalty, the other slashed one into his own net when people looking at performances.

But Chambers hasn’t come out and said he played well, he’s delivered a proper assessment unlike the manager. No excuses, saying we need to focus on who is there and can play, not who isn’t available. That it wasn’t good enough from front to back, etc

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Chambers being honest enough. on 20:33 - Jan 23 with 567 viewsMrTown

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Are you having a stroke? (n/t) on 20:34 - Jan 23 with 563 viewsNeedhamChris

Are you having a stroke? (n/t) on 20:29 - Jan 23 by itfcjoe

No one has said he has played well, the first half he was dreadful and the second half he improved.

The focus is more on the 2 CBs, one of which have away a needless penalty, the other slashed one into his own net when people looking at performances.

But Chambers hasn’t come out and said he played well, he’s delivered a proper assessment unlike the manager. No excuses, saying we need to focus on who is there and can play, not who isn’t available. That it wasn’t good enough from front to back, etc

Not normally one for these but the contrast says it all and it gave me at least a small laugh!

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Chambers being honest enough. on 15:58 - Jan 24 with 406 viewsHerbivore

Do you think there was a lack of effort from the players yesterday? Of all the issues we have, I've not seen much to suggest that the players just aren't trying.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chambers being honest enough. on 16:28 - Jan 24 with 370 viewsBent_double

Chambers being honest enough. on 18:36 - Jan 23 by catch74

For Evans he’s had his hand forced by fans with MM (rightly so) by the players with Hurst (wrongly so.) He must be sick at his choices and where everything is - just as a businessman. Not sure what the opposite of Midas touch would be but I wonder if he’s just scared of his own decisions now.
He really needs someone new to listen to.

Tick tock and all that.

Can someone knock up some Make Ipswich Great Again merch?

"He must be sick at his choices and where everything is - just as a businessman. Not sure what the opposite of Midas touch would be but I wonder if he’s just scared of his own decisions now."

I think you could be right. I really hope he's not still taking 'advice' from dinosaurs and crooks like Redknapp, but surely he realises by now that clubs sack managers all the time when things aren't going well, it's par for the course, he will get it right eventually, hopefully that's the next managerial appointment that comes in the next week or so.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Chambers being honest enough. on 19:56 - Jan 24 with 311 viewsMelford

Chambers being honest enough. on 20:27 - Jan 23 by itfcjoe

No one has said they aren’t playing for him, we are hardly downing tools. We just have no goals in us

It's like if my boss said to me today we'll cook the joints of meat in the microwave and put the roast potatoes in the deep fat fryer and we'll serve the gravy cold I'd do it, even though I know doing that would get loads of complaints and people not coming back again.

I'd still put a shift in and do the best I can but I'm serving up shyte because that's what's on the menu and I knew if I said anything to the boss about not being happy serving up shyte I'd end up doing washing up for a couple of weeks or sent to work at another pub up north for a bit.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Chambers being honest enough. on 20:32 - Jan 24 with 291 viewspointofblue

Chambers being honest enough. on 19:56 - Jan 24 by Melford

It's like if my boss said to me today we'll cook the joints of meat in the microwave and put the roast potatoes in the deep fat fryer and we'll serve the gravy cold I'd do it, even though I know doing that would get loads of complaints and people not coming back again.

I'd still put a shift in and do the best I can but I'm serving up shyte because that's what's on the menu and I knew if I said anything to the boss about not being happy serving up shyte I'd end up doing washing up for a couple of weeks or sent to work at another pub up north for a bit.

"... if I said anything to the boss about not being happy serving up shyte I'd end up doing washing up for a couple of weeks or sent to work at another pub up north for a bit."

A bit like Donacien then!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Chambers being honest enough. on 20:59 - Jan 24 with 270 viewsreusersfreekicks

Chambers being honest enough. on 18:38 - Jan 23 by positivity

if he truly loves the club, if it truly hurts him, he should feign an injury and let someone takes his place. that'd be honesty.

Yeah great idea! Grow up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024