Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view 18:17 - Jan 24 with 5502 viewscressi

Dyer & Butcher
The Cowleys
P. Cook
T. Sherwood
Poyet & Tarrico
David Artell Crewe
A Foreign manager we don't know
Burley
Nigel Pearson
Just names some will piss you off

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:29 - Jan 24 with 1753 viewsNthQldITFC

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:03 - Jan 24 by TrumptonBlue

Cherie Lunghi.

Phworr! (sp?)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:29 - Jan 24 with 1756 viewsJimmyJazz

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:24 - Jan 24 by casanovacrow

With our owner I'd still expect Ian Holloway to be on a shortlist. I hope I'm wrong but a lot of those mentioned would want significant transfer funds and I just can't see it happening. It'll be the cheap option.

Hopefully a new manager will understand the salary cap - and therefore know that isn't possible even if ME was willing

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:34 - Jan 24 with 1738 viewscasanovacrow

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:29 - Jan 24 by JimmyJazz

Hopefully a new manager will understand the salary cap - and therefore know that isn't possible even if ME was willing

A salary cap doesn't stop you spending on transfer fees. Considering it's likely we'll have a mass exodus in the summer, whoever comes in will need to get players in. How much will the manager be given to do it though?
Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:40 - Jan 24 with 1704 viewsjeera

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:34 - Jan 24 by casanovacrow

A salary cap doesn't stop you spending on transfer fees. Considering it's likely we'll have a mass exodus in the summer, whoever comes in will need to get players in. How much will the manager be given to do it though?

Dunno, but I'm sure we'd all like to see a squad half the size but with double the talent.

I know squad fillers are needed and enough numbers to see through a long campaign, but we do seem to have got into a habit of collecting a bloated squad for the sake of it.

Maybe a bit more selective of our targets and accepting when we cannot get them, and then making do until until a suitable candidate shows up, instead of rushing out and buying whoever's available.

Yeah I know that sounds simplistic, but we always seem to be spending far more than appropriate on extra baggage.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:43 - Jan 24 with 1687 viewsPendejo

More likely to get Danny Crowley than Cowley

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:43 - Jan 24 with 1683 viewsChurchman

I hope you are right
Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:47 - Jan 24 with 1660 viewsBlueBadger

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:40 - Jan 24 by jeera

Dunno, but I'm sure we'd all like to see a squad half the size but with double the talent.

I know squad fillers are needed and enough numbers to see through a long campaign, but we do seem to have got into a habit of collecting a bloated squad for the sake of it.

Maybe a bit more selective of our targets and accepting when we cannot get them, and then making do until until a suitable candidate shows up, instead of rushing out and buying whoever's available.

Yeah I know that sounds simplistic, but we always seem to be spending far more than appropriate on extra baggage.

Given our record with injuries and injury rehab, I am dreading the prospect of a smaller squad.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:56 - Jan 24 with 1638 viewsstantheman

It has got to be someone with Town connections. That will be the only option in my opinion. Otherwise the fans will only turn against Evans and the management team again very quickly if promotion doesn't happen immediately.
Login to get fewer ads

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:56 - Jan 24 with 1636 viewscasanovacrow

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:40 - Jan 24 by jeera

I agree.
Just can't see certain managers on that list coming to a club without being promised the funds to get his own squad in, especially given the fans and owners expectations
Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:59 - Jan 24 with 1624 viewsmr_bean

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:20 - Jan 24 by aardvaark

PEARSON EVERY DAY

Seconded.
Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 20:06 - Jan 24 with 1591 viewsIwasthere

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:09 - Jan 24 by jeera

And far too late for anyone new to turn anything around.

One day the sun will shine for you
Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 20:09 - Jan 24 with 1586 viewsHARRY10

yep, a new manager will sort it all out, as did the previous ones Evans appointed

a new manager, a new slogan.... and off we go

sliding further down football's hierarchy

so shut your eyes and wish, that way you won't have to see the emperor has no clothes, there is no elephant in the room either

nope, all is rosy in the garden we just need to get the right gardener.... that's all
Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 20:13 - Jan 24 with 1566 viewsjeera

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 20:06 - Jan 24 by Iwasthere

One day the sun will shine for you

That doesn't even make sense.

Bet you spent all day coming up with that didn't you.

What is wrong with you exactly and why do you insist on popping up with this nonsense?

If you are an adult this is embarrassing.

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 20:13 - Jan 24 with 1561 viewsAYACCA

Scowcroft
Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 20:14 - Jan 24 with 1557 viewsjeera

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:47 - Jan 24 by BlueBadger

Given our record with injuries and injury rehab, I am dreading the prospect of a smaller squad.

Well you'd hope we would start with not signing so many injury prone players.

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 20:37 - Jan 24 with 1517 viewsBlueBadger

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 20:14 - Jan 24 by jeera

Well you'd hope we would start with not signing so many injury prone players.

They only become injury prone when we sign them!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 20:43 - Jan 24 with 1502 viewsPJH

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 18:19 - Jan 24 by chrismakin

It'll happen 100% by 1st feb

There's 2 that i think are realistic

Cowleys
Dyer and Somone

Cook will want championship job
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 18:29]

Which year?
Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 20:50 - Jan 24 with 1477 viewsLightningboy

I think a sizeable defeat Tuesday night Live on Sky will be the final nail in Lambert’s coffin.
Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 21:04 - Jan 24 with 1457 viewsEricsGate

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:28 - Jan 24 by JimmyJazz

But isn't that itself something that would attract a manager?

Give managers too much time, give the current manager a 5 year contract - for what exactly?

What's our short term aim? Get in the play-offs? Most managers would look at our situation and think that is certainly achievable.

Will be John Terry
Lock up your wife’s

Poll: Positive or Negative towards Paul Cook..,?

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 21:40 - Jan 24 with 1413 viewsPinewoodblue

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 18:32 - Jan 24 by Ace_High1

Where is Gary Megson on your list?

Surely it will be one of:

Megson
Parkinson
Grayson
Sherwood
Pullis

Five reasons to be careful what you wish for.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 22:11 - Jan 24 with 1379 viewsBlueForYou

Looking at that list of managers, the only name that says to me “I’m a winner” is Nigel Pearson. Whether he would a) Accept the job & b) Would work with Evans, is highly debatable.
Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 22:13 - Jan 24 with 1375 viewsThe_Major

Bryan Robson, knowing our luck.
Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 22:56 - Jan 24 with 1316 viewsjeera

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 19:28 - Jan 24 by JimmyJazz

But isn't that itself something that would attract a manager?

Give managers too much time, give the current manager a 5 year contract - for what exactly?

What's our short term aim? Get in the play-offs? Most managers would look at our situation and think that is certainly achievable.

Sorry, I hadn't seen your reply.

There has to be at least some solid evidence that things are going in the right direction?

How an owner chooses to qualify that may be arguable but at the same time if someone's going to come in with a staged plan, you want to see the progress in action.

Talk is cheap after a while as we've seen ourselves.

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 23:06 - Jan 24 with 1305 viewsjonbull88

Would love dyer and butcher.

What about shefki?
Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 23:48 - Jan 24 with 1254 viewsJimmyJazz

Next Manager and it will happen shortly in my view on 22:56 - Jan 24 by jeera

Sorry, I hadn't seen your reply.

There has to be at least some solid evidence that things are going in the right direction?

How an owner chooses to qualify that may be arguable but at the same time if someone's going to come in with a staged plan, you want to see the progress in action.

Talk is cheap after a while as we've seen ourselves.

Definitely agree that a preferred style of play requires some success on the pitch along the way. You would hope that ME isn't actually prepared to wait 5 years until we see these green shoots blossoming.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024