Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE 20:34 - Jan 24 with 10626 viewsDublinBlue84

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/evans-backs-lambert-again-7069150

"While we are very disappointed that the EADT/Ipswich Star has taken this stance, we fully understand the frustrations of supporters with recent results.

The performances and results of the opening stages of the season have not been mirrored over the last two months or so and the manager, staff and players are fully aware that there needs to be an improvement if we are to achieve the goal of promotion back to the Championship this year.

Owner, Marcus Evans, has recently reiterated his support for the manager and with players now coming back from injury and the recent addition of Josh Harrop and Luke Thomas to add competition to the squad, he - and everyone at the Club - remains fully behind the management and players in the challenge ahead.

We are two points off the Play-Offs with games in hand on nearly all the clubs above us and we have not yet reached the halfway point in the season. There is a lot of football to be played yet, 75 points up for grabs in what is a very challenging season on many fronts.

So yes, we understand the frustrations of the local newspaper and yes we understand the frustrations of the supporters. The manager, his staff and the players are frustrated as well but they are determined to turn those frustrations into celebrations."
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 21:04]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 00:42 - Jan 25 with 2342 viewsmonytowbray

This surprises anyone here?

We’ve been rotten to the core since the day he took over. We’ve spent years following him with his every silly choice but clapping away, hoping if we do our bit it will all come right. It hasn’t.

There’s not much difference between what we’re going through and what those who have supported stupid fantasies like Trump and Brexit are right now.

Like the Tories now doing dodgy deals in broad daylight, Evans can barely be bothered to do PR for his statements anymore. He makes up some imaginary nonsense no one believes and just hopes us to be obedient. We all know the real reason is he offered Lambert the wrong contract at the wrong time despite everyone telling him so, and now doesn’t want to splash out whatever the payout is.

But NOOOO, Evans says otherwise and we all tell ourselves our own eyes and ears deceive us. Next he’ll be telling us he also drives 30 miles to a local tourist spot with his family on his wife’s birthday just to “test his eyesight” too.

Nothing about the bloke should have ever really been welcome at our club, but hindsight for most, me included.

We all saw the holes and have done for years. Some pointed them out often on here to many downvotes and we really owe those folks an apology. They just so happened to spot the gaslighting sooner and wanted us to see it ourselves.

Marcus Evans and Ipswich Town FC is an abusive relationship. Wealth doesn’t excuse it. In fact from what we’re seeing more of in the world it seems wealth doesn’t equal much at all in terms of someone’s business knowledge.

Leave the cult, Evans is a false prophet. He has failed us and needs to liberate all of us from his control.

I’ve cancelled my financial loyalty to the club until Evans goes. It hurts but I have to move on for now. Whatever I fell in love with when I was 7/8 years old is long dead.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 1:09]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 01:53 - Jan 25 with 2282 viewsgainsboroughblue

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 21:42 - Jan 24 by jayessess

Imagining that any football club can afford itself the luxury of a nice half decade to turn their fortunes around is beyond delusional. There are four football league managers who currently have the tenure that Paul Lambert would have if he sees out his contract.

None of them started off with 2 and a half seasons of failure.

Lambert is in the top third of the longest serving managers across all 92 clubs. When you look at the managers above and around him in that list, it is truly insane how long he has survived.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 03:04 - Jan 25 with 2258 viewsTieDyedIn95

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 01:53 - Jan 25 by gainsboroughblue

Lambert is in the top third of the longest serving managers across all 92 clubs. When you look at the managers above and around him in that list, it is truly insane how long he has survived.

I do think managers need time, I'd have had a lot more sympathy with Lambert had he not thrown his toys out over the media, had remained positive and continued to tell it like it was, much like he did pre-getting that 5 year deal.

The reason I say that is because Evans has destroyed every one of his managerial appointments. Lambert when he came in was like a breath of fresh air, he was genuine, he was positive and he was ready for a fight. Just 6 months into working in Evans set up and he was looking for the way out.

Evans is the problem. Get shot of Evans, you give the club a lifeline, if he continues to own us then as others have said, wrap it up, kill it and lets just keep the nice memories. I don't want to see it die any longer.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 03:18 - Jan 25 with 2255 viewsjontysnut

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 21:12 - Jan 24 by pointofblue

Your post just made me realise that Marcus Evans is the football owner equivalent of Boris Johnson.

He's more like Trump continuing to believe in his own point of view despite all the facts and evidence suggesting otherwise.
CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 07:16 - Jan 25 with 2134 viewsjayessess

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 03:04 - Jan 25 by TieDyedIn95

I do think managers need time, I'd have had a lot more sympathy with Lambert had he not thrown his toys out over the media, had remained positive and continued to tell it like it was, much like he did pre-getting that 5 year deal.

The reason I say that is because Evans has destroyed every one of his managerial appointments. Lambert when he came in was like a breath of fresh air, he was genuine, he was positive and he was ready for a fight. Just 6 months into working in Evans set up and he was looking for the way out.

Evans is the problem. Get shot of Evans, you give the club a lifeline, if he continues to own us then as others have said, wrap it up, kill it and lets just keep the nice memories. I don't want to see it die any longer.

The maxim that "managers need time" is one of those football myths that everyone believes, but that isn't really true. The vast majority of successful managerial stints begin with at least modest improvement.

I'd be shocked if there's a single example of manager who has presided over 3 seasons like Lambert's, kept their job, then gone on to make themselves with that club.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 07:30 - Jan 25 with 2118 viewsFreddy

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 00:42 - Jan 25 by monytowbray

This surprises anyone here?

We’ve been rotten to the core since the day he took over. We’ve spent years following him with his every silly choice but clapping away, hoping if we do our bit it will all come right. It hasn’t.

There’s not much difference between what we’re going through and what those who have supported stupid fantasies like Trump and Brexit are right now.

Like the Tories now doing dodgy deals in broad daylight, Evans can barely be bothered to do PR for his statements anymore. He makes up some imaginary nonsense no one believes and just hopes us to be obedient. We all know the real reason is he offered Lambert the wrong contract at the wrong time despite everyone telling him so, and now doesn’t want to splash out whatever the payout is.

But NOOOO, Evans says otherwise and we all tell ourselves our own eyes and ears deceive us. Next he’ll be telling us he also drives 30 miles to a local tourist spot with his family on his wife’s birthday just to “test his eyesight” too.

Nothing about the bloke should have ever really been welcome at our club, but hindsight for most, me included.

We all saw the holes and have done for years. Some pointed them out often on here to many downvotes and we really owe those folks an apology. They just so happened to spot the gaslighting sooner and wanted us to see it ourselves.

Marcus Evans and Ipswich Town FC is an abusive relationship. Wealth doesn’t excuse it. In fact from what we’re seeing more of in the world it seems wealth doesn’t equal much at all in terms of someone’s business knowledge.

Leave the cult, Evans is a false prophet. He has failed us and needs to liberate all of us from his control.

I’ve cancelled my financial loyalty to the club until Evans goes. It hurts but I have to move on for now. Whatever I fell in love with when I was 7/8 years old is long dead.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 1:09]

Agreed, until Evans goes nothing will change!
CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 07:54 - Jan 25 with 2084 viewsbobbyramsey

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 07:30 - Jan 25 by Freddy

Agreed, until Evans goes nothing will change!

But he might, by pure good fortune, appoint the right man...........
CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 08:28 - Jan 25 with 2021 viewsitfcjoe

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 07:16 - Jan 25 by jayessess

The maxim that "managers need time" is one of those football myths that everyone believes, but that isn't really true. The vast majority of successful managerial stints begin with at least modest improvement.

I'd be shocked if there's a single example of manager who has presided over 3 seasons like Lambert's, kept their job, then gone on to make themselves with that club.

I can't imagine any manager could survive 3 seasons, let alone one who has had no prior success.

George Burley gave us great times, 5 years of winning, 5th in the PL, Europe......when he relegated us he had 12 points from 10 games in the 2nd tier and he was sacked.

Lambert did nothing before he relegated us, and has presided over countless runs worse than 12 points in 10 games. But yet has not lost his job.

He never earned any credit in the bank on the pitch, he has royally f*(ked everything up since November 2019 both on and off the pitch and would have been sacked 3-4 times over by any other club.

He'll be gone by this time next week, and Evans will look even more of a mug for that statement last night

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 08:35 - Jan 25 with 2004 viewsHerbivore

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 21:29 - Jan 24 by HARRY10

The total shocker us that so many still seem to be unable to grasp the significance of awarding a manager a 5 year contract when the club has been in such a mess for so long.

The length of contract reflects the amount o time Lambert has told Evans he needs to turn things around.

We have never really recovered from the crippling damage Sheepshanks caused. No manager is going to be able to simply wave a magic wand, and it is all sorted. Look up the road. The scum put in place a long term plan and stuck with it, despite all the howls of rage that Farke should go, at various times.

NO manager is going to join us and instantly turn things around, after having previous managers having the remit to get us promoted at all cost. That all cost has been .... at all cost. A short term policy that has left the club on its knees and in the 3rd tier.

Stamp your little feet and cry about how unfair it all is. But that is the reality, and no bedsheet waving will change that.

You're going to look an even bigger bell than usual when Lambert gets the boot. You've called this hopelessly wrong throughout. I remember at one point your entire argument in favour of Lambert was that he managed in the Prem so he must be good. At least you've abandoned that nonsense now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 08:41 - Jan 25 with 1981 viewsHerbivore

Reading the statement again in the cold light of day it is the kind of bland, says very little statement that doesn't make me think Lambert is here for the long haul no matter what happens. The statement could be consistent with Phil's view that we're now only one or two bad results away from Lambert getting the boot. The club could have just stayed quiet but staying quiet in response to the local press calling for a change of manager is not a neutral position so it would have been hard for them to do that. That said, they could have made the statement briefer and even more bland.

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 09:00 - Jan 25 with 1947 viewsDanTheMan

Hahahahaha.

Absolutely insane.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 09:03 - Jan 25 with 1940 viewsDanTheMan

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 08:41 - Jan 25 by Herbivore

Reading the statement again in the cold light of day it is the kind of bland, says very little statement that doesn't make me think Lambert is here for the long haul no matter what happens. The statement could be consistent with Phil's view that we're now only one or two bad results away from Lambert getting the boot. The club could have just stayed quiet but staying quiet in response to the local press calling for a change of manager is not a neutral position so it would have been hard for them to do that. That said, they could have made the statement briefer and even more bland.

I think not responding would have been the correct approach here.

I'm amazed they've gone with that. I hope when the fans finally get their say this is all brought up as they'll need to answer for it eventually.

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 09:23 - Jan 25 with 1897 viewsHerbivore

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 09:03 - Jan 25 by DanTheMan

I'm amazed they've gone with that. I hope when the fans finally get their say this is all brought up as they'll need to answer for it eventually.

Not responding is, in essence, a vote of no confidence. Whilst I think that's the right move because Lambert is hopeless and needed to go at least a year ago, I can see why it's a stance the club felt it couldn't adopt at this point.

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 09:27 - Jan 25 with 1883 viewsSwansea_Blue

He'll be gone soon enough. We've just got to wait til the window closes so the new guy doesn't have a chance to make a few changes. That'll be peak Ipswich under Evans.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 09:28 - Jan 25 with 1878 viewsDanTheMan

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 09:23 - Jan 25 by Herbivore

Not responding is, in essence, a vote of no confidence. Whilst I think that's the right move because Lambert is hopeless and needed to go at least a year ago, I can see why it's a stance the club felt it couldn't adopt at this point.

That's a fair point.

I just think the damage done by these dumb statements when the inevitable happens is going to be fairly serious.

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 09:30 - Jan 25 with 1862 viewsHerbivore

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 09:28 - Jan 25 by DanTheMan

That's a fair point.

I just think the damage done by these dumb statements when the inevitable happens is going to be fairly serious.

Agreed, I think my initial anger has subsided and it's very much a statement where you can read between the lines and see that there's still every chance Lambert could be gone soon. I still think they could have watered it down and made it even more bland as there is enough in there to understandably get people's backs up.

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 11:52 - Jan 25 with 1784 viewsFreddy

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 07:54 - Jan 25 by bobbyramsey

But he might, by pure good fortune, appoint the right man...........

50/50 chance of that happening
CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 12:05 - Jan 25 with 1764 viewsHerbivore

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 11:52 - Jan 25 by Freddy

50/50 chance of that happening

More like 20/80 actually.

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 12:24 - Jan 25 with 1727 viewsPJH

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 12:05 - Jan 25 by Herbivore

More like 20/80 actually.

But ME's record of one good appointment in five means that the next one COULD be a good one because previously after two bad appointments he got the one and only good one so far.
CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 14:33 - Jan 25 with 1639 viewseireblue

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 12:24 - Jan 25 by PJH

But ME's record of one good appointment in five means that the next one COULD be a good one because previously after two bad appointments he got the one and only good one so far.

Hopefully he isn’t a fan of the Fibonacci prime number sequence.
CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 15:03 - Jan 25 with 1604 viewsIwasthere

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 14:33 - Jan 25 by eireblue

Hopefully he isn’t a fan of the Fibonacci prime number sequence.

My feeling on all this is that Evans and Lambert are playing a game poker. Evans giving Lambert a chance to resign and thus saving face. Lambert saying no way, pay me what I'm due and I'll take my chances on getting another job. Any respect for each other has gone.
CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 15:16 - Jan 25 with 1578 viewsChurchman

The club is mugging people over. They think people are stupid enough to buy any old tripe because essentially they believe the club’s supporters are a captive audience. Which to an extent they are.

Reality: the club is a mess, reputation in tatters, a poor team being beaten with ease by just about any team that’s got anything about them - in the old third division.

Evans is perfectly happy with things as they are. His sole ambition of reducing costs, Lambert is happy as he’s on a long fat contract for little or no effort, most of the players are happy with wages, no pressure whatsoever to perform and no ambition. Lose tomorrow? Who cares. Whatever. Those that have anything about them know they’ll be on a free transfer to a real club at seasons end.

Does Evans give a hoot about the local press or the supporters? Of course not. Falling gates? Who cares. More justification for cuts and flogging off the remaining assets. I’m rather surprised the club bothered to come out with this rubbish. Like press conferences of any kind from this corpse of a football club, they may as well not bother.
CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 16:56 - Jan 25 with 1532 viewsstonojnr

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 09:03 - Jan 25 by DanTheMan

No they had to respond, as no doubt theyd be accused of just being the club which ignores stuff again if they hadnt

Whether that was the right way to respond (and I dont think it was fwiw) is another matter.

The issue is arguably if you take the points won,games left equation Town are still on target for the play offs and easily capable of achieving that goal, so no now is not the time to throw the baby out with the bath water and start again.

The problem is the current run of form doesnt inspire the confidence that they will do that. Our first 5 league wins came in 6 games, the next 5 took 11. Now you can argue that's just the result of playing easier teams first, though we ought to view ourselves as a top league 1 team, but we scored 13 goals in those 6 games, it's taken us 15 games since to score the same amount. So barely managing 1 goal per game with less than a 50% win record to match.

That's why the fans,press arent happy with things because keep that kind of form up and Town will be mid table or worse
CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 18:47 - Jan 25 with 1478 viewsFreddy

CLUB STATEMENT: DISAPPOINTED WITH MEDIA STANCE on 15:03 - Jan 25 by Iwasthere

My feeling on all this is that Evans and Lambert are playing a game poker. Evans giving Lambert a chance to resign and thus saving face. Lambert saying no way, pay me what I'm due and I'll take my chances on getting another job. Any respect for each other has gone.

He wont resign, hes got 4 years left on his contract, why would he
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024