Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Cowley - weekly plan 11:10 - Jan 25 with 7317 viewsitfcjoe

A few of these about and they are interesting watches - the environment they are trying to bring in with regards to empowering players, culture, talking to everyone individiaully every week etc.

It's a million miles away from how things are here, we are getting it so, so wrong.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:11 - Jan 25 with 3733 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

As there is ZERO infrastructure in place at this club, I do think these are the guys we need.

We need strategic thinkers as they will be required to be CEO, DoF, Manager and Coach all at the same time.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:13 - Jan 25 with 3696 viewsitfcjoe

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:11 - Jan 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

As there is ZERO infrastructure in place at this club, I do think these are the guys we need.

We need strategic thinkers as they will be required to be CEO, DoF, Manager and Coach all at the same time.

It's a silly point - but just the fact that there are 2 of them helps out because allows them to cover more areas well

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:14 - Jan 25 with 3665 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:13 - Jan 25 by itfcjoe

It's a silly point - but just the fact that there are 2 of them helps out because allows them to cover more areas well

100%

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:15 - Jan 25 with 3641 viewschicoazul

Respectfully I don’t see why people keep asking questions like your last one when it’s obvious that Evans just doesn’t care. He has a massive worldwide business in the middle of a pandemic struggling to make turnover, the idea he would be in any way focussed on what is essentially a tiny loss-making part of his empire is daft really. He has always been of the mind that “I appoint people to run it I give them a budget and I walk away” since he arrived.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:17 - Jan 25 with 3615 viewsabracaDOBRA_

They just feel like the type of guys who would get me (personally) back in love with ITFC again. Seems like they could take a club on a journey, like with Lincoln, rather than just a short stint in charge.

It's not even about the football they play, just the way they talk about getting the players on board and really building a culture where everyone is on the same wave length.
Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:18 - Jan 25 with 3596 viewsDanTheMan

I don't want to watch too many of these as I'll just be even more disappointed when we inevitably hire someone else.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:18 - Jan 25 with 3585 viewsitfcjoe

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:15 - Jan 25 by chicoazul

Respectfully I don’t see why people keep asking questions like your last one when it’s obvious that Evans just doesn’t care. He has a massive worldwide business in the middle of a pandemic struggling to make turnover, the idea he would be in any way focussed on what is essentially a tiny loss-making part of his empire is daft really. He has always been of the mind that “I appoint people to run it I give them a budget and I walk away” since he arrived.

The problem is he doesn't give them the budget or walk away, he's still the only decision maker so everything has to go back through him

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:21 - Jan 25 with 3557 viewsSomethingBlue

Imagine the current regime communicating with anything approaching that clarity.

For me it's a no-brainer to get them in here.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:26 - Jan 25 with 3496 viewsitfcjoe

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:21 - Jan 25 by SomethingBlue

Imagine the current regime communicating with anything approaching that clarity.

For me it's a no-brainer to get them in here.

Communicating full stop would be a start

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:27 - Jan 25 with 3491 viewsDanTheMan

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:26 - Jan 25 by itfcjoe

Communicating full stop would be a start

Do you not enjoy the one interview a year saying the same things?

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:29 - Jan 25 with 3461 viewschicoazul

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:18 - Jan 25 by itfcjoe

The problem is he doesn't give them the budget or walk away, he's still the only decision maker so everything has to go back through him

Surely only in the sense that all owners of a business have to be involved when you’re spending their money beyond a certain factor for eg getting players in and renegotiating deals? I’m sure Evans didn’t rubber stamp for eg the Ham Ban...unless he did??? Anything’s possible I suppose

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:31 - Jan 25 with 3433 viewsWallingford_Boy

Would LOVE these two at our club.

I think they are well matched to a club like ours and the more I hear them speak (Danny in particualr) the more I am impressed.

But I can't imagine they will be without a club for long, so be too late by the time Evans acts.

RIP Sir Bobby

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:31 - Jan 25 with 3430 viewsportmanking

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:27 - Jan 25 by DanTheMan

Do you not enjoy the one interview a year saying the same things?

I'm pretty sure Joe is talking about the mute approach of Lambert rather than Evans...
Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:32 - Jan 25 with 3419 viewsDanTheMan

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:31 - Jan 25 by portmanking

I'm pretty sure Joe is talking about the mute approach of Lambert rather than Evans...

You're right, think I've misread!

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:35 - Jan 25 with 3388 viewsportmanking

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:32 - Jan 25 by DanTheMan

You're right, think I've misread!

Mind you, I think we're equally fed up with Evans' trite ramblings too aren't we!

What a club, what a club.
Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:36 - Jan 25 with 3386 viewsSomethingBlue

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:31 - Jan 25 by Wallingford_Boy

Would LOVE these two at our club.

I think they are well matched to a club like ours and the more I hear them speak (Danny in particualr) the more I am impressed.

But I can't imagine they will be without a club for long, so be too late by the time Evans acts.

They've been without one since July — he's had six months to do something about it.

And yes, I agree — instinctively they feel (to me) like the right fit at Town. I don't feel that about Cook or most of the others mentioned.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:40 - Jan 25 with 3329 viewsTIB

Just about the watch the next episode, "Danny Cowley | How to rebuild a lost connection between club and fans | CV Stories"...really good watching. Cheers for that link Joe.

[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 11:41]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:40 - Jan 25 with 3330 viewsportmanking

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:36 - Jan 25 by SomethingBlue

They've been without one since July — he's had six months to do something about it.

And yes, I agree — instinctively they feel (to me) like the right fit at Town. I don't feel that about Cook or most of the others mentioned.

I think the Cowleys feel the right 'fit' because they care holistically about the running of a football club, which is something this team badly needs. It's not just about the first team. It's a root and branch overhaul and one that brings everyone along on the same page.

Furthermore, the job wouldn't be viewed as 'beneath them'. Fans would be treated as equals and even if the football was a little more direct, it would be with a purpose.
Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:41 - Jan 25 with 3314 viewsPinewoodblue

Think we, as fans, are getting something wrong.

Not personally convinced we need to shake everything up at the club. It really is a first team issue the club seems to getting it right at all other levels. If it was a club wide issue U23’s wouldn’t top their league; U18’s wouldn’t top their league and still be in the FS youth cup and finally the women’s team wouldn’t have a 100% wins in their league and still be in their major cup competition.

We just need the owner to make two crucial decision. Firstly to sack Lambert and his senior coaching staff and then to finally appoint the right replacements. Appoint Butcher and Dyer as interim managers and give them a chance to prove themselves to Evans.

It isn’t just about getting the right manager but getting the other appointments right.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:41 - Jan 25 with 3316 viewseireblue

It would be interesting to hear what they have learnt from managing Huddersfield.

Having a clear idea on what to do is of course very good.
But, their win ratio wasn’t great.

Assuming they have learnt from that experience, that maybe indicative of future success.

Otherwise, the danger is you have another Paul Hurst style situation. A management team that has success, assumes the success is simply down to their methods, and so apply their methods and if it goes wrong, blame something else.

Correlation and causation logical flaws can be applied to football management, which makes choices more difficult.

Paul Cook has a reasonably consistent win ratio, across a number of teams. Would he achieve similar win ration at Town.
Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:42 - Jan 25 with 3296 viewsMetal_Hacker

I'll wait to be suitably disappointed when PL finally goes and we DON'T employ these two

Anyone other than these two ( or others of this ilk) on the evidence I've seen over the past few years would be criminal

The playing staff need some sort of structure and science behind it now to develop and move with the times

Simply....we need someone who can motivate , hatch a plan and develop those we have

Poll: If it were one or the other

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:46 - Jan 25 with 3253 viewsreusersfreekicks

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:13 - Jan 25 by itfcjoe

What about our fab assistant manager?
Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:50 - Jan 25 with 3210 viewsFixed_It

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:36 - Jan 25 by SomethingBlue

Same. Just feels right.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 12:25 - Jan 25 with 3055 viewsitfcjoe

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 11:41 - Jan 25 by eireblue

It would be interesting to hear what they have learnt from managing Huddersfield.

Having a clear idea on what to do is of course very good.
But, their win ratio wasn’t great.

Assuming they have learnt from that experience, that maybe indicative of future success.

Otherwise, the danger is you have another Paul Hurst style situation. A management team that has success, assumes the success is simply down to their methods, and so apply their methods and if it goes wrong, blame something else.

Correlation and causation logical flaws can be applied to football management, which makes choices more difficult.

Paul Cook has a reasonably consistent win ratio, across a number of teams. Would he achieve similar win ration at Town.

They did a pretty good job at Huddersfield - they went into a team with 1 win in the last 10 months and turned them round from something silly like 2 points after 8-9 games to staying up with a game or two to spare

Danny Cowley - weekly plan on 12:37 - Jan 25 with 2957 viewsMrTown

Follow up session is equally as good.

Incredible level to detail. They are the shall we say 'perfect fit' for where we are now, and what we need going forward.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024